PDA

View Full Version : Ed or Alex charitable?

sadaist
12-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Is the Van Halen brothers favorite charity themselves & ex-wives?

I've never heard of Eddie or Alex doing anything with their fame, power, or millions to help the less fortunate. It's very typical when someone of fame gets a disease, they start a foundation for that particular cause, or at least do some charitable work towards it. Public service announcements, hospital visits, write a song.

I've seen where Michael Anthony has visited sick fans, given an autographed bass, etc...

Dave did the song for Ashley Abernathy, did some support for the Pasadena Playhouse, etc...

even Sammy has supported "Locks For Love" and had his hair cut off on Leno to donate to kids with cancer.

lztom
12-21-2006, 02:14 PM
http://www.vhnd.com/archive/pics/aledcnn.jpg

I think maybe paranoid sociopaths aren't natural givers.

Ed Roth
12-21-2006, 06:32 PM
Poor people suck. Fuck 'em.

katie
12-21-2006, 07:02 PM
They did the farm Aid thing with Spam but that was just for the TV exposure,
The same reason as evry other band does realyy.

apart from that i can't think of anymore.

VanHalener
12-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Just a shout out to Katie

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YFMmYDjWxDA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YFMmYDjWxDA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

sethfle
12-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Ed did bury the VHII guitar with Dime.......supposedly, anyway. I think that counts for something.

katie
12-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by vanhalener
Just a shout out to Katie

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YFMmYDjWxDA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YFMmYDjWxDA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Loving the fact that you just can't get enough of me STILL! LOL

Remember us too together are taking over The Main

Cheers numb nuts! LOL

sadaist
12-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by sethfle
Ed did bury the VHII guitar with Dime.......supposedly, anyway. I think that counts for something.

Yeah, the yellow one. But that was for a friend, at a funeral filled with other famous musicians. I thought the pics of Ed at the funeral were weird. He was wearing black leather & such, trying to fit in with the heavier crowd. At least that's how it came across.

Why doesn't he just release his miracle cure for cancer. Just think of all of the people who have tongue cancer from metal picks he could save.

sethfle
12-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
Yeah, the yellow one. But that was for a friend, at a funeral filled with other famous musicians. I thought the pics of Ed at the funeral were weird. He was wearing black leather & such, trying to fit in with the heavier crowd. At least that's how it came across.

Why doesn't he just release his miracle cure for cancer. Just think of all of the people who have tongue cancer from metal picks he could save.

I think his heart was in the right place for the Dime funeral, but yeah, it did seem a bit odd, you're right about that.

As far as his miracle cure for cancer goes, he should definitely tell all. Right after that, he can tell us about his formula that brings back the dead.

Jack68
12-22-2006, 10:41 AM

Why doesn't he just release his miracle cure for cancer. Just think of all of the people who have tongue cancer from metal picks he could save. [/B]
I need a drink..forgot about his cure..thanks and Merry christmas.

Jesus Christ
12-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Is the Van Halen brothers favorite charity themselves & ex-wives?

I've never heard of Eddie or Alex doing anything with their fame, power, or millions to help the less fortunate. It's very typical when someone of fame gets a disease, they start a foundation for that particular cause, or at least do some charitable work towards it. Public service announcements, hospital visits, write a song.

I've seen where Michael Anthony has visited sick fans, given an autographed bass, etc...

Dave did the song for Ashley Abernathy, did some support for the Pasadena Playhouse, etc...

even Sammy has supported "Locks For Love" and had his hair cut off on Leno to donate to kids with cancer.

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Diamondjimi
12-22-2006, 06:08 PM
I know Edmeth was involved in the TJ Martell Foundation until he apparently fucked Sterling Ball's wife. I believe he also helped out Jason Becker and most likley donated a couple of bux to the Lou Gehrigs foundation. As for Shemp helping out charitys,I highly doubt he can afford to with all the alimony he must pay to his ex-speedbags (I mean ex-wives...)

I hear Tubby McHagar does charity work for the "Keeping America Fat Foundation". Their motto is " A child with pork on their breath is a happy child".............

Blackflag
12-22-2006, 07:10 PM

I've never heard of Eddie or Alex doing anything with their fame, power, or millions to help the less fortunate.

I wonder what charitable things you have done.

Blackflag
12-22-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by sethfle

That's your idea of charitable contribution to the needy?

Holy shit, you're stupid.

sadaist
12-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Blackflag
I wonder what charitable things you have done.

Why would you wonder that? Do you look up to me for guidance? If so, pm me and I'll send you a list of the charities I support.

Nitro Express
12-23-2006, 03:10 AM
I have no idea about Alex but Ed has done quite a few charitable projects. One guitar magazine writer said Ed gave everything in his wallet $80 to a homeless person digging through dumpters looking for something to eat. Ed and Wolfgang painted up a guitar for a charity project. Jason Becker said Ed was very giving. Ed was known to participate in the LAPD celebrity golf tournement every year and the proceeds go to families of killed in the line of duty officers. Ed sponsored his golf instructor so they guy could go pro.

Ed has his problems but from what I've heard over the years, he's not the "Let Them Eat Cake" stuck up rockstar. Want an asshole you only need to look at Axle Rose. There's one for ya.

bueno bob
12-23-2006, 07:10 AM
I hear Ed is very charitable and giving to his local meth dealers...

Nitro Express
12-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I hear Ed is very charitable and giving to his local meth dealers...

Yeah but that creates jobs by increasing the demand for lithium batteries, sulfuric acid, Sudafed, tin foil, not to mention the five gallon buckets, hoses, funnels and other micelaniouse stuff needed to produce meth.

Plus, it's an educational experience in basic chemistry for the person who makes the meth.

Ed supports the local economy and gives someone a scientific educational experience by his meth use.

bueno bob
12-27-2006, 08:43 AM
...good points.

:D

ppg960
12-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Not all celebrities publicise their charity contributions. Ed and Alex are both very private people.
Look at Oprah, She gives away millions but produces her show to reflect that. Is that wrong? No, but she does love the spot light.
Her show gets redundant after awhile. Has been for years. But her celeb status is very high.