PDA

View Full Version : Quiting Smoking

ppg960
12-22-2006, 11:06 PM
I want to quit smokng. I usually do 1/2 a pack per day. My problem is I still enjoy it.

I don't smoke in the house or car. I have kids and don't do it in front of them.

Come on guys, let's here some sucess stories here!!

Dan
12-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Chewing Gum

Sweets

Patches

Going Cold Turkey

Take up Drinking

Tiki-Tom
12-22-2006, 11:37 PM
I smoked for about 15 years and around 2 packs a day for the last 5 or 6 years of that time. I quit cold turkey one day and never looked back. This cut back crap you hear about never worked for me, I just told myself one day "Tiki, you got a kid on the way and smoking killed your old man. When you finish this pack, that's it, no more, done deal." That's really what it takes. Good motivation. No bullshit cutting back. You gotta really want to bad enough.

Once you do, you won't believe you ever did it in the first place. If i could do it I know you can too....... Good luck. I hope you succeed.

bueno bob
12-23-2006, 03:04 AM
I have been almost a year quit to the day. I went cold turkey, nothing but. I was in the same boat - about 15 cigarettes a day, and I LOVED smoking almost as much as life itself. Quit simply for the health benefits, no real other reason I can think of.

What got me through it?

A LOT OF FUCKING POSTING HERE.

:)

DavidLeeNatra
12-23-2006, 05:25 AM
I was up to 50 cigs a day and stopped during one half of a cigarette on an afternoon...spontaniosly...I had four left in the pack and kept them in a cupboard in the kitchen for a couple of months to have some ready if I wanted to start again...and to see if I have the strength not to touch them...

I did it like the anonymous alcoholics...woke up and told myself..."I don't smoke TODAY...we'll see what tomorrow brings"...cold turkey...gained 12 kilos and started to run again...fucked up after 2 km and thought what a stupid asshole I was to ruin my body that way...

I can have a cigar in the evening now without getting addicted again...that means I smoke a cigar and it I don't get my little cuban, I don't have to...

bueno bob
12-23-2006, 07:01 AM
You can also smoke weed, if need be; all natural, so it's not addictive. No nicotine to keep you coming back, and it'll ease you out of the must stick something in my mouth and light it bit.

Wawazat
12-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Smoked my last cigarette 3 weeks ago, been up to 25-30/day for 30 years.

I switched to toothpicks, saves a lot of money ;)

bueno bob
12-23-2006, 09:16 AM
True...weed gets expensive...lol

Wawazat
12-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra

I can have a cigar in the evening now without getting addicted again...

How long ago did you quit ?

Wawazat
12-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
True...weed gets expensive...lol

I save all my money and buy a pound of cocaine for summer holidays 2007 :D

DavidLeeNatra
12-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Wawazat
How long ago did you quit ?

Wawazat
12-23-2006, 11:10 AM
So i'll just wait about 15 more years to be on the safe side.

2022 will be great :D

ppg960
12-23-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra

How much is a package of cigs in Germany?

In Canada we are up to $9 each!!!
It's all tax of course.

twonabomber
12-23-2006, 01:05 PM
my dad quit smoking 5 or 6 times using all the gimmicks...the last time he quit cold turkey and he says that's the only gimmick that worked.

Coyote
12-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Dan
Chewing Gum

Sweets

Patches

Going Cold Turkey

Take up Drinking

Partial Paralysis... (my dad)

ppg960
12-23-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm not looking forward to this at all.

Ally_Kat
12-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
Partial Paralysis... (my dad)

cancer (my dad)

Ally_Kat
12-23-2006, 03:03 PM
You can also smoke weed, if need be; all natural, so it's not addictive. No nicotine to keep you coming back, and it'll ease you out of the must stick something in my mouth and light it bit.

Maybe as a crutch to ween you off of smoking anything altogether. But switching one vice for another doesn't help -- the chemicals may be different, but both contain smoke that when inhaled hurts the lungs just as much.

FORD
12-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Maybe as a crutch to ween you off of smoking anything altogether. But switching one vice for another doesn't help -- the chemicals may be different, but both contain smoke that when inhaled hurts the lungs just as much.

Not neccessarily.....

While common sense tells you that sticking something that's burning into your body probably isn't the ultimate in healthy, the carcinogens in tobacco come more from the radioactive and toxic crap that they treat it with, than it does the plant itself. Things like tar, of course, do come from the plant material itself. If you can scrape the resins out of your bowl, you can bet they're in your lungs too. So emphyzema is probably more likely for long term stoners than lung cancer.

The one possible advantage to marijuana remaining illegal is that you won't have murderous assholes like the Phillip Morris corporation controlling the crops. If they were to be put in charge of it - which would be the likely outcome given the cozy relationship they have with a certain political party - then pot would probably become just as toxic and deadly as tobacco.

Ally_Kat
12-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Not neccessarily.....

While common sense tells you that sticking something that's burning into your body probably isn't the ultimate in healthy, the carcinogens in tobacco come more from the radioactive and toxic crap that they treat it with, than it does the plant itself. Things like tar, of course, do come from the plant material itself. If you can scrape the resins out of your bowl, you can bet they're in your lungs too. So emphyzema is probably more likely for long term stoners than lung cancer.

The one possible advantage to marijuana remaining illegal is that you won't have murderous assholes like the Phillip Morris corporation controlling the crops. If they were to be put in charge of it - which would be the likely outcome given the cozy relationship they have with a certain political party - then pot would probably become just as toxic and deadly as tobacco.

Well, yeah, cancer isn't the only way smoking anything can hurt you. Emphyzema is no walk in the park either.

And that's one thing I never understood by people pushing weed to be legal. If it does become, then it'll go the way of tobacco. There will be something against growing it yourself because it'll take away from corporations or some junk. Underground is risky and all, but prob better for people who enjoy the stuff.

Guitar Shark
12-23-2006, 05:02 PM
ppg960, if you don't quit smoking, you will be banned.

ppg960
12-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
ppg960, if you don't quit smoking, you will be banned.

Great, extra motivation.
I'm sure it's going to happen soon.

col5150
12-24-2006, 06:20 AM
I gave up 8 months ago with nicoretta gum the only problem is im still on the gum. Your only meant to do it for ten weeks but im kinda stuck on it. Id probably be cheaper smoking as its costin me £1.59 a day for the gum.

Cold turkeys seems to be the best way

Terry
12-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Quit for a year in the late 1980s.

The first two months were pretty rough, but you just tough it out.

Toughest problem for me, obviously, wasn't getting the nicotine out of my system, but just losing the DESIRE to smoke, because I totally enjoyed it.

Still do.

Sweet Irony
12-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Quitting is NO FUN...the habit of it is worse than the addictiion

I quit in '99 with Zyban and some willpower..

Started up again in '02 with no willpower...

:(

Sweet Irony
12-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Im sorry...I shouldve said GOOD LUCK to you!!

It CAN be done......

ppg960
12-25-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Sweet Irony
Im sorry...I shouldve said GOOD LUCK to you!!

It CAN be done......

Thanks Man,
I appreciate it.
Why did you ever start agian??:(

SparkieD
12-25-2006, 01:55 AM
Getting knocked up worked for me.

bueno bob
12-25-2006, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Well, yeah, cancer isn't the only way smoking anything can hurt you. Emphyzema is no walk in the park either.

And that's one thing I never understood by people pushing weed to be legal. If it does become, then it'll go the way of tobacco. There will be something against growing it yourself because it'll take away from corporations or some junk. Underground is risky and all, but prob better for people who enjoy the stuff.

Personally, I think it's best if it goes legal AND you can grow your own.

The plus side is that, when you grow your own, you wouldn't get any of the extra shit that Phillip Morris would throw into it - 100% more likely that you WON'T get addicted (as I almost guarantee you that P.M. would throw in nicotine to the mix the very first thing).

That being said, weed can be entirely recreational and, best yet, an UNESSENTIAL element to the day. Fun to indulge in from time to time, but not to the point where you're smoking 15-20 (or more) joints a day, as most confirmed smokers do.

It's an "everything in moderation" appeal that works here, I think...

RuzDNailz
12-25-2006, 05:21 AM
My girlfriend stopped smoking because of me! Either kick the habit or kick me.....rest is history! :D

RuzDNailz
12-25-2006, 05:24 AM
Truth is, it is a dirty habit and an expensive one at that. I've known many who have quit through cold turkey. But I have a question for those ex-smokers; how tough was it going through nicotine withdrawal?

Wawazat
12-25-2006, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by ppg960
How much is a package of cigs in Germany?

In Canada we are up to $9 each!!!
It's all tax of course.

A pack of 19 is €4, same shit with tax here.

bueno bob
12-25-2006, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by RuzDNailz
Truth is, it is a dirty habit and an expensive one at that. I've known many who have quit through cold turkey. But I have a question for those ex-smokers; how tough was it going through nicotine withdrawal?

Wasn't too bad for me. I ate a lot, yes...and I realized that I did the majority of smoking during my time at work, so...I mostly stayed inside, split my work up and posted a LOT here...

By staying inside and keeping my hands busy, I didn't really notice it so much...

Wawazat
12-25-2006, 05:58 AM

I quit the hard way, the first 4 days were really tough, an allover nervous shitty feeling.

After that things calmed down on the physical front in general, but there are times the urge to smoke pushes thru heavily again.

Just my experience and i'm just 3 weeks off the hook :)

MERRYKISSMASS2U
12-25-2006, 06:00 AM
Never picked it up -- never will.

blonddgirl777
12-25-2006, 06:33 AM
I smoked from age 15 'til about 29, an average of 15 cigs./day.

One day, I was sitting there smoking and the smell of it started to disgust me... I looked at my cigarette and tought "this is gross"!

So I put it out and never bought a pack again...

Now, I can smoke occasionnaly (avegage, 15 cigs./year)... with friends, at parties etc... and I don't eaven smoke it to the roach...

When I come back home and my hair and clothe's smell is intoxicating... I get mad. I can't imagine going back to that old habit and I am happy that I can provide a smoke free environment at home.

blonddgirl777
12-25-2006, 06:45 AM
You can also smoke weed, if need be; all natural, so it's not addictive...

NOT!

I got addicted to weed and still am (although I don't smoke it regularely anymore)...

The T.H.C. content in today's weed can be extremely high, especially when grown hydroponicaly. The mixes of chemicals are made so it will be addictive and provoque brain reactions such as; depression, schysophrenia, psychosis etc...

I had to quit because it was ruining my life (and my wallet). I got some professional help and now, when I see/read a report on that, on how teenagers are basically a lost case if they ever get addicted... I get the chills...

I will do everything in my power so that my son never gets to that point in his life!

I will always love to smoke weed but unfortunately, I have to fight those urges every single days I wake up...
Just like an ex cigarette smoker or an ex-alchoolic...

blonddgirl777
12-25-2006, 06:50 AM
I want to quit smokng. I usually do 1/2 a pack per day. My problem is I still enjoy it.

I don't smoke in the house or car. I have kids and don't do it in front of them.

Come on guys, let's here some sucess stories here!!

For myself (and I've seen it on others too)... cold turkey was the thing.

I've also seen acuponcture working very well for cigarette adiction...
That old Asian practice can work "miracles" for many problems.

GOOD LUCK!

RuzDNailz
12-25-2006, 03:55 PM
*sigh* I've met many people who have quit for only a moment and then return to the smelly habit with a vengeance. The new anti-smoking by-laws have really taken effect here. It's nice to hit up a pub and not come home with your clothes smelling like someone else's tobacco. When I was chilling in Montreal years ago it was so different. There were smoking areas EVERYWHERE. But I don't know if that has changed since, but it was quite the difference.

ppg960
12-25-2006, 10:38 PM
I agree, the no-smoking anywhere has helped me cut down a lot. You get treated like a third class citizen - that hurts.

Tough to find a warm place to smoke in the winter.

blonddgirl777
12-26-2006, 04:05 AM
[B... When I was chilling in Montreal years ago it was so different. There were smoking areas EVERYWHERE. But I don't know if that has changed since, but it was quite the difference. [/B]

Yes and THANK GOD!
Since May 2006 only... and the hard core smokers are rude enough to still complain!

Too bad for them but if I'm going to pay for a good meal in a nice restaurant, I diserve to enjoy it without the disgusting smell of their smoke and ashtrays...
I mean would they want to eat next to a toilet bowl full of shit? :rolleyes:

And what about those waiters and other staff? Their health is more important than anyone's urge to calm down an addiction!

Majority ruled, smoke outside (at -35)! :o

Dan
12-26-2006, 04:13 AM
SmokeFree Bars,Pubs and Restaurants is Great.

SmokeFree Zones are the best thing to happened down here in New Zealand.

Next the workplace.:)

blonddgirl777
12-26-2006, 04:13 AM
... Tough to find a warm place to smoke in the winter.

It doesn't stop a lot of them from smoking outside though...
So why would we get sick on their behalf?

I have nothing against smokers, but just not in my face!

When I smoke my 15 cigs./year, a do it politely...

blonddgirl777
12-26-2006, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Dan
... Next the workplace.:)

I remember taking A PLANE to Cuba in 1986, and it had a smoking section...
The front was non-smoking and the back... all smoked up!

How ridiculous was that?

Worse...
When my Mom. gave birth to my sister (in 1971), I, as a child, wasn't allowed in the hospital but my Dad. was allowed to smoke everywhere near the patients (including the nursery)!

Dan
12-26-2006, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
I remember taking A PLANE to Cuba in 1986, and it had a smoking section...
The front was non-smoking and the back... all smoked up!

How ridiculous was that?

Yeah is great that no one can smoke on a planes anymore.

blonddgirl777
12-26-2006, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Yeah is great that no one can smoke on a planes anymore.

The air quality is terribly poor already... we don't need to choke eaven more!

bueno bob
12-26-2006, 05:48 AM
NOT!

I got addicted to weed and still am (although I don't smoke it regularely anymore)...

The T.H.C. content in today's weed can be extremely high, especially when grown hydroponicaly. The mixes of chemicals are made so it will be addictive and provoque brain reactions such as; depression, schysophrenia, psychosis etc...

I had to quit because it was ruining my life (and my wallet). I got some professional help and now, when I see/read a report on that, on how teenagers are basically a lost case if they ever get addicted... I get the chills...

I will do everything in my power so that my son never gets to that point in his life!

I will always love to smoke weed but unfortunately, I have to fight those urges every single days I wake up...
Just like an ex cigarette smoker or an ex-alchoolic...

I'm pretty amazed to hear that, actually. I've never even had an urge for weed, not anything even remotely close to it. For me, weed was always a social thing, I'd never do it alone (not the same for cigarettes, the urge for cigarettes was nearly uncontrollable at my peak).

As it stands, I have smoked weed on and off (mostly off) since 1994ish. When it's gone, I've never missed it; I went through the years of '98 and '05 clean, and got back into it occasionally (and as a way to help me sleep at night when I have the night off from work and don't need to stay up).

Currently, I haven't had a hit since Thanksgiving and I could easily go for the rest of my life without it and never notice the difference...

I don't know, maybe it's just a person-to-person thing...similarly I've known 2 pack a day smokers for ten years plus who just up and decide to quit one day and never even feel the loss...myself, I couldn't imagine that ever being possible, yet...go figure....

Interesting.

BALLYJUNKIE
12-26-2006, 07:55 AM
I AM SO GLAD I NEVER SMOKED ,I ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS DISGUSTING .... I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL WALKING PAST ALL THE KIDS THAT SMOKED ,MAN DID IT SMELL BAD .... NOW AT 40 YEARS OLD MY LUNGS ARE IN GOOD SHAPE ......OH MY GOD AND KISSING A GIRL THAT SMOKES IS GROSS ,DIDNT ONCE ,NEVER AGAIN ,I DONT CARE IF SHE GARGLES WITH LISTERINE ..... WELL GOOD LUCK FOR EVERYONE TRYING TO STOP .

blonddgirl777
12-26-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm pretty amazed to hear that, actually...

You are not the only one...

In the 70's pot WAS this natural, sort of "inofensive" thing to smoke and a lot of people had stayed with this beleif.
Now, many just smoke private crops that are organically grown without all the "add ups"... those strains are not the ones that the organized growers/resalers are interested in, to make money out of regular users...

People that get addicted tend to need more and more T.H. content in their bloods to get satisfied so they go for the high octane stuff...
Pay less/get more out of it...

The hormones in the female plants (the ones that bud) are not a good mix with the ones women naturally have in their bodies.
Also, the smoke has the same toxic effect on one's throat as cigarette or anythingelse that would get burned and inhale...
The resin tend to gather in the throat, the lungs and under the gums in the mouth, causing possible cancer.

I seriously think that pot can be more dangerous on (psychological and physical) health than cigarettes, if smoked regularely!

blonddgirl777
12-26-2006, 04:51 PM
... I don't know, maybe it's just a person-to-person thing...

It sure is...

I really like to drink cocktails and wines with dinner...
I love to eat "Doritos" when there's nothing in the frig...
I enjoy my 15 cigarettes/year (or so), as a social thing...

But alchool, nicotine and food where never addictive for me...

The only urge I have to fight, is the the one of Marijuanna! :(

Yes... go figure! :rolleyes:

Dan
12-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Hi B.G,do they have Hemp Farms in Canada?

blonddgirl777
12-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Dan
Hi B.G,do they have Hemp Farms in Canada?

Here, not that I know of?

Probably, in B.C...

I've seen 2 garment designers that make clothes out of hemp but I don't know where they source their fabric from...

Dan
12-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Here, not that I know of?

Probably, in B.C...

I've seen 2 garment designers that make clothes out of hemp but I don't know where they source their fabric from...

We have Hemp Farms down here.

I think it's a good thing making hemp clothes,soap and drinks out of it.

There's not enough THC in it to smoke it.:)

blonddgirl777
12-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Dan
We have Hemp Farms down here.

I think it's a good thing making hemp clothes,soap and drinks out of it.

There's not enough THC in it to smoke it.:)

Smoking hemp???
Hmmm... I wouldn't try that!
L.O.L.

We had a thread here, not long ago on Marijuana legalisation and I was amazed to read everything that could be made and manufactured out of hemp... ex.; fuel!

franksters
12-27-2006, 12:51 PM
they do have hemp farm in canada, sasktchewan and also ontario I believe...

i think there might even be some in quebec, but i'm not sure.

m_dixon1984
12-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Hemp Farms: Ontario has had them for years. I was a student in Guelph in the early nineties and the agriculture students there had a 10 hectare hemp plot. Hemp growth does require a special permit, however. It is controlled by the governernment and strict guidelines are placed on the cultivation. If any high THC plants end up in the field it wouldn't matter much anyway because plants of both sexes would exist together so the females would all get pollinated. Once pollinated the females won't produce the THC levels they do when isolated from the males. This is also the main reason why seventies pot wasn't nearly as potent as today's; our growing techniques today are far more sophisticated.

Addiction: to this day there still hasn't been enough research into the addictive qualities of THC or the CBD the two main psycho-active chemicals associated with marijuana smoke (THC is the canabanoid that produces the euphoric head high, while CBD is more responsible for muscle relaxation). There can be no doubt that anyone with an addictive personality can become addicted and dependant on almost anything (an excellent reason to keep more susceptible children from starting early). Here's where my personal experiences come into play. When I smoked 5 grams or more a day quitting was tough. I would spend days missing my high. But was was it a physical addiciton??? I don't think so but I was certainly mentally addicted to the drug. Unlike tobacco, however, I didn't experience the physical withdrawal symptoms I've experienced when I quit smoking (3 or 4 times over the past 15 years). Symptoms like the shakes, head-aches, short temper, etc. The physical addiction to nicotine really only lasts 7-14 days, however. After that you're really only dealing with the mental addiction. Until proper research is done into this subject I'll continue to believe that my own experiences are quite normal and won't believe any unsubstantiated reports that marijuana is truly addictive. I don't doubt BGs experiences but I still haven't read anything conclusive concerning marijuana addiction.

My advice for quitting cigarette smoking: cold turkey with mental fortitude. My method is to also avoid any tense social situations in the frist few weeks as I'm always very on edge during that initial period without nicotine. Any stress in those first few weeks and I'm very likely to start up again.

As far as any addiction is concerned: elimination is really the key but moderation can also be successful. Cigarette smoking has turned into an unmoderated habit in the past 50-100 years, most likely thanks to it becoming a big business. When tobacco smoking was an occasional, evening, ritual nicotine addiction really wasn't an issue. People could smoke a few times a week in social situations and really have no adverse health effects and addiction didn't really occur. Some of the oldest living humans (mostly chinese) have practiced the evening pipe smoking ritual their whole lives. Thanks to the big tobacco companies consumers have been exposed to tobacco with unaturally high nicotine content with only one desired outcome: highly addicted consumers who buy and buy and buy and smoke and smoke and smoke (we have to share some of the blame for the 25-50, or more, daily cigarette consumption that developed. Come on people show some moderation in your habits!!)

Quit!! Be sure you want to and drop the habit immediately.

M

Oh, and smoke weed. Not every day but enjoy that smoke and it's fantastic effects once a week and you'll never really miss smoking cigarettes. Move to Canada, stay below the police radar, grow your own in a room in your house, and be sure your pot is clean and pesticide/herbicide free. Don't support organized crime.

blonddgirl777
12-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
...Unlike tobacco, however, I didn't experience the physical withdrawal symptoms I've experienced when I quit smoking (3 or 4 times over the past 15 years). Symptoms like the shakes, head-aches, short temper, etc. The physical addiction to nicotine really only lasts 7-14 days, however....

I have, experienced those physical withdrawal symptoms... for 2-3 days at the time, with Marijuanna...

I could spit resin from my lungs for over 2 weeks after quitting...
Also, it stays in your blood for at least 30 days!

blonddgirl777
12-27-2006, 08:28 PM
... I still haven't read anything conclusive concerning marijuana addiction...

I have...

I've been to a center where they study those "new cases" here, in MTL... and although they are only starting to come up with facts, those facts are real...

Physical, psychological... I don't know but Marijuana CAN be bad for "some" people.

I envy the ones who can enjoy it recreationally, without a problem! :o

m_dixon1984
12-28-2006, 02:15 AM
It's the physical addiction that is still in question, from everything I've read. If you have a link to substantiated, quantified, scientific studies to the physical addiction of THC, or other canabanoids, I'd appreciate a link. Addiction centers have a bias, unfortunately, as they have a monetary reason to see this drug deemed physically addictive. Sorry, BG, but it's my sceptical nature to see the ulterior motives of even those in the business of helping people. Psychological addiction is well established and marijuana can certainly be a huge problem for those with addictive personalities. I deal with those sorts of problems myself on a daily basis whether it's food, pot, cigarettes, alcohol,or coffee. My list of dependencies is long but is shrinking.

I certainly can't disagree that "some" people can have problems that end up being quite harmful for themselves and those around them. However, if a substance cannot be proven to be physically addictive and have quantified withdrawal effects I remain convinced that such a substance should not be controlled by any government, anywhere. In such a situation the addiction problem lies with the person, not the substance. No less an issue but it needs to addressed differently, in my opinion.

Too bad you can't enjoy a doobie without issues, BG, but there are millions who do and would like to see this drug deregulated.

M

blonddgirl777
12-28-2006, 09:34 AM
... If you have a link to substantiated, quantified, scientific studies to the physical addiction of THC, or other canabanoids, I'd appreciate a link...

No, I don't have a link and I also question the true motives of the ones who claim Marijuana to be physicaly addictive...

My own family doctor still doesn't know much about it (mind you, he's 73) and many other professionals don't either.

But one thing for sure... physical or psychological... an addiction sucks (especially when you get affected by it)!

blonddgirl777
12-28-2006, 09:37 AM
... Too bad you can't enjoy a doobie without issues, BG, but there are millions who do and would like to see this drug deregulated...

Now that it's been out of my system for a while, I can... enjoy it. As long as I don't buy a good amount to bring home after the party...

I am one of those who really want to see it legalised... I really don't beleive that keeping it criminal as it is, will solve anyone's problems!

blonddgirl777
12-28-2006, 12:52 PM
... I also question the true motives of the ones who claim Marijuana to be physicaly addictive...

Of course, I don't question myself for claiming that, as I am talking purely from personal experience... nor do I question others with similar problems but all those health professionals are just starting to aproach that issue and sometimes, you wonder "who" is paying for their research and why???

Also, there is a question of amount... I don't think that a 1/8 th of an ounce/week (or so) is a problem at all... I do know successful people that study and/or perform at work very well while smoking their 1-2 joints every nights...

Just like some people will smoke 1 pack of cigs./day and die of a car accident at 95 years old!

BottomLine65
12-29-2006, 10:20 AM
Cold turkey is the best way.

blonddgirl777
12-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by BottomLine65
Cold turkey is the best way.

That, and no "maybe one more" or "only on special occasions"...

Cold turkey and 100%!

After the "mourning period"... life goes back to normal... only better.

BottomLine65
12-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Yeah, happens all the time with the one more time crap...thats all it takes is the more...hooked again...

blonddgirl777
12-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by BottomLine65
Yeah, happens all the time with the one more time crap...thats all it takes is the more...hooked again...

That "one more" whatever it is (cig. alchool...) is a trigger!
And "one more" for what? So you can painfully remember what you're missing?

I say; it's all a big mind game... mind over body!

Hardrock69
12-29-2006, 02:15 PM
It was easy for me to quit smoking.

I never started.

blonddgirl777
12-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

I never started.

More power to you!

BottomLine65
12-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

I never started.

AGREED!

VanHalener
01-10-2007, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Tiki-Tom

If i could do it I know you can too....... Good luck. I hope you succeed.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hx0lrxqMI3I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hx0lrxqMI3I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I know one guitarist who will be seeing his oncologist again.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/lung

ppg960
01-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Holy shit,
You don't see these anymore.
Nothing like trying to get the kiddies to light up!!