PDA

View Full Version : That Charlie Brown Christmas Song

Ally_Kat
12-23-2006, 09:52 PM
You know the one, Christmas Time is Here Again.

A few years back before they turned to all talk, the KRock here in NYC started playing an awesome version of the song by -- well, you can guess who. It's always been my favorite version, but they were the only station that played it and I can't find mention of it anywhere else.

Anyone else out there heard of this and/or have it?

I know I'm not crazy. This exists.

Unchainme
12-23-2006, 10:13 PM
I would love to hear this!

Maybe Email KRock?

rustoffa
12-23-2006, 10:13 PM
"Linus and Lucy" is the name of the main Charlie Brown theme. Shultz's network debut almost got nixed 'cause of his penchant for Jazz stylings. Other than that, I dunno what you're referring to.
:)

Ally_Kat
12-23-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
"Linus and Lucy" is the name of the main Charlie Brown theme. Shultz's network debut almost got nixed 'cause of his penchant for Jazz stylings. Other than that, I dunno what you're referring to.
:)

This song. (Ignore random person's family video thing)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aVPDxv4sUZ4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aVPDxv4sUZ4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

fe_lung
12-23-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
You know the one, Christmas Time is Here Again.

A few years back before they turned to all talk, the KRock here in NYC started playing an awesome version of the song by -- well, you can guess who.

Who? I have the REM version but I'm sure others have done it.

DrMaddVibe
12-24-2006, 07:42 AM
http://www.vinceguaraldi.com/

Ally_Kat
12-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Despite this being in Main on a David Lee Roth site, this is obviously flying over a lot of heads.

David Lee Roth sings it. David Lee Roth singing Christmas Time is Here.

I know that Vince Guaraldi is behind the Peanut music. I also know that Dave is Jewish, so it's a little funny him singing a Christmas song. He even says something to the effect while playing the beginning intro to the song. He also sings it the best out of all the musicians who have ever taken a stab at it (no CVH/DLR bias there. Just the fact that the majority of the singers who do it are females and they tend to add their high note abilities to it that ruin the song. He keeps it all spiffy and jazzy).

thebuldawg
12-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Steve Vai did this song for a Crhistmas compilation he put together with some other people. I don't know the name of it, but I do know that it is on his Seventh Song album.

VindictivePantz
12-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Gary Hoey did a Linus and Lucy rendition awhile back too...

bueno bob
12-25-2006, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by VindictivePantz
Gary Hoey did a Linus and Lucy rendition awhile back too...

That was actually fairly good...considering I'm not much of a Gary Hoey fan...

Polk High
12-25-2006, 10:01 PM
It's on Merry Axemas II a great cd put together by stevie vai. If nobody can find it I have it on cd and I could put a copy up here for you all. I'm just as lazy man