PDA

View Full Version : Ford Reagan's running mate in 80!!!

4moreyears
12-28-2006, 01:05 AM
To long to post the text it is 10 pages but feel free to read. Very Interesting. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16371870/site/newsweek/)

FORD
12-28-2006, 02:31 AM
I've heard about this before. Obviously the BCE pressured Reagan to pick Poppy instead.

Things would definitely be different now, had the Reagan-Ford ticket been allowed to go forward.

Would they have beaten Carter without a Bush-manipulated Iranian hostage crisis? Maybe, maybe not.

But Poppy Bush never would have been President, and nobody would have ever in a million years taken his idiot son seriously......

blueturk
12-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by FORD
...But Poppy Bush never would have been President, and nobody would have ever in a million years taken his idiot son seriously......

What!? Somebody takes Dubya seriously?!?

"You never know what your history is going to be like until long after you're gone." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 5, 2006

Loons The Great
12-28-2006, 09:03 PM
Ain't gonna hang no picture frame.
Well, I might look like Gerald Ford
But I feel just like a Jesse James.

Coyote
12-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by FORD
But Poppy Bush never would have been President, and nobody would have ever in a million years taken his idiot son seriously......

How does one take a marionette seriously? :confused:

Hardrock69
12-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Reagan was dead-set against having anyone who was a member of the Council on Foreign Relations as a running mate. The CFR was pressuring Ronnie to choose Bush Sr. as his running mate, but Reagan wanted nothing to do with the CFR or the Tri-Lateral Commission.

As can be read in the ELEVEN-page article, Reagan wanted to go with Ford, but he really had no choice in the matter.

The real power in this country is not in the White House, not in the Senate, not in the House of Representatives, not in the judicial system.

Reagan really did not have much choice when it came to who his running mate was.