Dave says, "Van Halen's Hot For Combat".

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Dave says, "Van Halen's Hot For Combat".

Dave Says Van Halen's Hot for Combat
    Posted Dec 28th 2006 11:51AM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Paparazzi Video, Music

TMZ caught up with David Lee Roth in Manhattan last night, and he warned that a potential Van Halen reunion could result in a NASCAR-style wreck. Or a "Jerry Springer"-like brawl. Or even a "Knots Landing"-esque bitchfight!

Diamond Dave, looking dapper and well-coifed outside of Marquee, said that he's excited that Van Halen was nominated for a spot in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but wondered whether the band would spontaneously combust if they reunited. For months, the band has hinted at a reunion, but Roth admitted in May that he hasn't spoken to guitarist Eddie Van Halen for almost two years.

"A Van Halen reunion is a lot like NASCAR -- are you there to see the winner or the crash?" mused Dave. "In this aspect, we're a lot closer to "Jerry Springer" meets "Knots Landing, which, to me, sells T-shirts." And probably tickets too."

Breaking the biggest stories in celebrity and entertainment news. Get exclusive access to the latest stories, photos, and video as only TMZ can.

Scroll down for interview and video.
  • lztom
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2004

Doesn't sound too promising.

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Thanks WARF.

BTW....The Video doesn't play for me.
      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Originally posted by lztom
        Doesn't sound too promising.
        Agreed. But he's not confirming anything other than it may or may not work........
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• BrownSound1
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Mar 2003

You guys are missing an important part of that quote..."which, to me, sells T-shirts." Sounds as promising as anything I've heard. That's the old Van Halen spirit if you ask me.

Dave's just stating something we've all known for years, so don't take it too negatively.

Comment

• Calderone
            Commando
            • Jan 2004

is he HIV positive ?
            TMZ caught up with David Lee Roth in Manhattan last night, and he warned that a potential Van Halen reunion could result in a NASCAR-style wreck. Or a "Jerry Springer"-like brawl. Or even a "Knots Landing"-esque bitchfight!

Its a new post over there :
            Im not believing this :

I find it very interesting that you don't hear ANYTHING about how David Lee Roth is HIV positive. If anyone wants to investigate this, look to what happened in Seattle a few years back when he was headlining a summer music festival. A nurse was hired to give him his insulin shots was NOT informed of his HIV status. She ended up nicking herself with the needle and then was told that Roth was HIV positive. That's how I found out, do to the absolute panic of the orgainzers of the festival. Think of the good it would do if someone like Roth would come forward with his status!

Comment

• PHOENIX
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

Hmmmm

Comment

• jero
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Calderone
                is he HIV positive ?

Im not believing this :

I find it very interesting that you don't hear ANYTHING about how David Lee Roth is HIV positive. If anyone wants to investigate this, look to what happened in Seattle a few years back when he was headlining a summer music festival. A nurse was hired to give him his insulin shots was NOT informed of his HIV status. She ended up nicking herself with the needle and then was told that Roth was HIV positive. That's how I found out, do to the absolute panic of the orgainzers of the festival. Think of the good it would do if someone like Roth would come forward with his status!
                :confused: :confused: :confused:

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Calderone
                  is he HIV positive ?

Im not believing this :

It's pure bullshit.

That article has since been removed from TMZ and there's NOTHING at all on Google to support it.

You can all breathe easier now, the Diamond's still shining brightly.
                  http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                  http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                  http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Full Bug
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Who are these reporters asking questions of Dave? It never occured to them to ask about Eddie's quote from last month? I bet none of them ever heard of Ed saying the ball is in Dave's court....
                    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Calderone
                      Commando
                      • Jan 2004

Nice...
                      just a stoopid bad rumour

Comment

• BrownSound1
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Mar 2003

Plus, I've never heard of Dave taking insulin shots or being diabetic either. Brett Michaels on the other hand.....

Comment

• DlocRoth
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                          You guys are missing an important part of that quote..."which, to me, sells T-shirts." Sounds as promising as anything I've heard. That's the old Van Halen spirit if you ask me.

Dave's just stating something we've all known for years, so don't take it too negatively.

What Brownie said.......

And you can quote me on that.
                          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Loons The Great

"Hot For Combat" sounds like a bootleg title from the 2007 tour nah yezz yezz

Originally posted by BrownSound1

'Nuff said. Sho' 'Nuff nah! That's the truth-ah!!

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Confused as to why it was mentioned that in May (assuming of 2006) Roth mentioned he hadn't spoken to Eddie in over two years, what with it being 8 months later, and all the rumors started flying around the end of the summer...

Agreed that Dave confirmed nothing other than a reunion being possible.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...