PDA

View Full Version : What Is David Lee Roth Waiting For?

VHrocks
12-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Have any of you been wondering what David Lee Roth is waiting for? Eddie Van Halen has offered him a spot as lead vocalist for the 2007 Van Halen Tour. This national tour would obviously generate a huge cash flow for DLR, which he could probably use after his contract to replace Howard Stern was canceled eariler this year. I believe there are one of three reasons that David Lee Roth has not signed on to this tour yet. If you have any other possible reasons, please post them.

:cool:

diamondsgirl
12-30-2006, 09:04 PM
He's waiting for his lawyers to finish dotting the '"i's" and crossing the "t's" so he can sign on the dotted line.

....and he's probably doped up on valium from dealing with Ed-nog.

Either that or he is waiting for Ed to come to his senses.

Don't hold your breath, Dave. :D

Carmine
12-31-2006, 07:38 AM
Probably all the reasons you suggested, Warf...as well as yours too DG...

Maybe not so much that Dave would have voice concerns, his voice is in top shape and, if they did tour, they could schedule in enough breaks along the way so thay they all could rest a little between shows.

I think that this time, it is Dave who is taking the "baby steps", so as to not have another situation like 96. When everything is in order and satisfactory to Dave, then, I hope, we'll see an announcement.

His comments the other day at Marquis in that vid, to me, sound promising....

"Knots Landing meets Jerry Springer, to me, sells alot of t-shirts....and probably tickets too."

thats the classic Roth attitude towards VH.

katie
12-31-2006, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by VHrocks
Have any of you been wondering what David Lee Roth is waiting for? Eddie Van Halen has offered him a spot as lead vocalist for the 2007 Van Halen Tour. This national tour would obviously generate a huge cash flow for DLR, which he could probably use after his contract to replace Howard Stern was canceled eariler this year. I believe there are one of three reasons that David Lee Roth has not signed on to this tour yet. If you have any other possible reasons, please post them.

He has signed up for it!
It has just not been officially announced yet.

People like Ross Halfin let things slip that he shouldn't and now even Spammy is slamming the Dave reuniion, so it's def ON!

BALLYJUNKIE
12-31-2006, 08:29 AM
maybe the going to anounce it jan 1st 2007

thetoolrules
12-31-2006, 09:58 AM
he's waiting for his last pokey check to be issued.

Terry
12-31-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Carmine
Probably all the reasons you suggested, Warf...as well as yours too DG...

Maybe not so much that Dave would have voice concerns, his voice is in top shape and, if they did tour, they could schedule in enough breaks along the way so thay they all could rest a little between shows.

I think that this time, it is Dave who is taking the "baby steps", so as to not have another situation like 96. When everything is in order and satisfactory to Dave, then, I hope, we'll see an announcement.

His comments the other day at Marquis in that vid, to me, sound promising....

"Knots Landing meets Jerry Springer, to me, sells alot of t-shirts....and probably tickets too."

thats the classic Roth attitude towards VH.

Think Carmine has it right.

Dave jumped in both feet first in 1996 and got a nice "fuck you" from the sisters for his troubles in the end.

Think what will hang it all up in the end is a disagreement over how the profits are split up. THAT is where the lawyer-angle comes in.

jero
12-31-2006, 10:39 AM
I think everything is all worked out! Just waiting fo the big anouncement......

VanHalener
12-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by jero
I think everything is all worked out! Just waiting fo the big anouncement......

That's the hope I'm clinging to.

indeedido
12-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Watch, they'll wait until April 1st to do it, like when Dave left. The anniversary of his departure.

Nickdfresh
12-31-2006, 03:00 PM
Maybe he doesn't want to be hired gun and thinks Ed is a crack-smoking douche?

vh rides again
12-31-2006, 03:23 PM
i think its already a for shure thing, you just aint gonna hear shit about it till the R&R hall of fame ceremony has been taped.

at the taping they will announce it and after that it will be common news.

Terry
01-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Maybe he doesn't want to be hired gun and thinks Ed is a crack-smoking douche?

Too funny.

Who could blame Dave for being wary?

Coyote
01-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by indeedido
Watch, they'll wait until April 1st to do it, like when Dave left. The anniversary of his departure.

I can already hear the joke.

"My departure from Van Halen turned 21 today. Now he wants to drink it to oblivion."

Or something like that..