PDA

View Full Version : In Other News.......

LoungeMachine
12-31-2006, 06:24 PM
Last Updated: December 31, 2006 6:03 PM

Ex-VAN HALEN Bassist Attends Glendora's VILLAGE ART WALK; Photos Available - Dec. 31, 2006

Former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony attended Glendora, California's annual Village Art Walk on December 8, 2006 to promote an interest in and appreciation of the arts. Michael took part in the festivities and had a collection of his basses on display at The Village Goldsmith, including the Jack Daniel's bass. Mad Anthony's sauces were also available for purchase. Check out pictures from the event at this location.

As previously reported, Michael Anthony will be jetting down to Cabo San Lucas to jam with Sammy Hagar and the WABOS for the Red Rocker's annual New Year's party at the Cabo Wabo. Watch for Mike to rock the house on December 31, January 2, 3 and 5. Check www.redrocker.com for ticketing info.

In other news, Michael will be appearing at the National Association of Music Merchants' (NAMM) annual convention in Anaheim, CA on Thursday, January 18. Autograph sessions are scheduled at the following locations:

Dean Markley: 12:30 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.
St. Louis Music: 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

As previously reported, it's looking more and more like David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen will reunite at least one more time in VAN HALEN. Eddie and his brother Alex are prepping for a tour next year, with Eddie's 15-year-old son Wolfgang on bass instead of Michael Anthony, but no singer has been officially announced. Now Eddie told Guitar World magazine, "I'm telling Dave, 'Dude, get your ass up here and sing, bitch! Come on!'... As it stands right now, the ball is in Dave's court. Whether he wants to rise to the occasion is entirely up to him, but we're ready to go."

As for having his son in the band, Eddie said, "Wolfgang breathes new life into what we're doing. He brings youthfulness to something that's inherently youthful. He's only been playing bass for three months, but it's spooky. He's locked tight and puts an incredible spin on our (stuff). The kid is kicking my ass! He's spanking me now, even though I never spanked him. To have my son follow in my footsteps on his own, without me pushing him into it, is the greatest feeling in the world."

There's no word on when the new lineup will be officially unveiled.

BLABBERMOUTH.NET

LoungeMachine
12-31-2006, 06:27 PM
[/B]
As for having his son in the band, Eddie said, "Wolfgang breathes new life into what we're doing. He brings youthfulness to something that's inherently youthful. He's only been playing bass for three months, but it's spooky. He's locked tight and puts an incredible spin on our shit. The kid is kicking my ass! He's spanking me now, even though I never spanked him. To have my son follow in my footsteps on his own, without me pushing him into it, is the greatest feeling in the world."

Twilight Zone :(

jhale667
12-31-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Cue theme music.... ;)

ELVIS
12-31-2006, 07:05 PM

We already know where you live...

:elvis:

LoungeMachine
12-31-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
We already know where you live...

:elvis:

:D

Happy New Year, E

:gulp:

ELVIS
12-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Happy New year !!!

FORD
12-31-2006, 07:51 PM
Three months???

Geezus, I know that Mikey's not exactly Billy Sheehan or John Entwistle, but THREE FUCKING MONTHS??

Sid Vicious - even after being a rotting corpse for 28 years - could probably play better than a fucking 15 year old kid after three months.

Twilight Zone indeed.....

DLRdelight!
12-31-2006, 07:56 PM
well he as been playing guitar though. so he only just switched to bass and has been on if for 3 months. MA is not that crappy

bueno bob
01-01-2007, 03:20 AM
I've been in touch with those who have been posting here who know Eddie personally, letting them know that I'm available for the bassist position and do have much more practical experience than Edward's son.

I'll let you know of any future developments.

...awww, shit, I'm starting to sound like Thudner...

:cool:

Matt White
01-01-2007, 05:51 AM
It's a sad situation that just keeps going downhill

4moreyears
01-01-2007, 11:11 AM
What a nut.

diamondsgirl
01-01-2007, 11:26 AM
On a positive note, although the conent of what he is saying is balls-out whacky...he sounds somewhat coherent saying it.

Just trying to look on the bright side. :D

LoungeMachine
01-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I've been in touch with those who have been posting here who know Eddie personally, letting them know that I'm available for the bassist position and do have much more practical experience than Edward's son.

I'll let you know of any future developments.

Dear Sir or Madam,

We have received your application for the bass player position, and are carefully reviewing it.

However, at this time we still need some further documentation before proceeding.

Please submit a note from your physician stating that all of your opinions have been removed.

We also will require proof of your ability to say "yes, Mr. Van Halen" over and over without difficulty.

Again, thank you for your interest in this postition, and we'll get back to you once we've had time to check with your references.

[ you forgot to include a contact name and number for Mary's Nightclub ]

Regards,

It's all About Ed, Inc.

diamondsgirl
01-01-2007, 11:55 AM

Again, thank you for your interest in this postition

Regards,

It's all About Ed, Inc.

and by "position" you mean "bent over", right? :D

bueno bob
01-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Dear Sir or Madam,

We have received your application for the bass player position, and are carefully reviewing it.

However, at this time we still need some further documentation before proceeding.

Please submit a note from your physician stating that all of your opinions have been removed.

We also will require proof of your ability to say "yes, Mr. Van Halen" over and over without difficulty.

Again, thank you for your interest in this postition, and we'll get back to you once we've had time to check with your references.

[ you forgot to include a contact name and number for Mary's Nightclub ]

Regards,

It's all About Ed, Inc.

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your time and consideration in regards to my application. I regret to inform you, however, that I am not under any circumstances willing to share my Mary's girls.

However, I do wish your son much luck with his future endeavors as the next lead bassist of Edward Van Halen Enterprises, Inc., LLC., Ltd., etc. etc.

Please feel free to contact me in the future if you're interested in any potential rendezvous' with the Jiggles crack whores.

Again, thank you.

:cool:

MAX
01-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
and by "position" you mean "bent over", right? :D

Hey DG,

Lounge was once a member of Winger, so of course he meant "bent over" except with the fellas. :o

On your knees boy!!! :p

Blackflag
01-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Hey DG,

Lounge was once a member of Winger, so of course he meant "bent over" except with the fellas. :o

On your knees boy!!! :p

Ok, Max is back on my good side.

Welcome back, Max.

diamondsgirl
01-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Max;

I love your new avatar...are you ready to wear your birthday tiara or what?

http://store.rebeccas.com/store/images/AP976.jpg

MAX
01-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Max;

I love your new avatar...are you ready to wear your birthday tiara or what?

http://store.rebeccas.com/store/images/AP976.jpg

'TIS BEAUTIFUL!!! It will go well with my Farrah Fawcett feathered doo and my evening gown, your color choice of course... ;)

Oh and as for the avatar...

Why thank you!!! :)

I made it back when you and I quit the "sheep pen" and the statement was "death to that alan panther!!!" lmao!!!

Still, I thought it looked kewl so I revived it. No disrespect to the penner fellers. :(

ThrillsNSpills
01-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Cue theme music.... ;)

More like cue the version of the theme with false harmonics and dive bombs.

FORD
01-01-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm tellin y'all.... If Bassplayer is out, then the lineup MUST be Dave/Eddie/Alex/Rotting Sid's Corpse

Every seat in those arenas will be sold out just to see if Sid can play better than he did in 1977......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qj4nYKVK044"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qj4nYKVK044" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Terry
01-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I'm tellin y'all.... If Bassplayer is out, then the lineup MUST be Dave/Eddie/Alex/Rotting Sid's Corpse

Every seat in those arenas will be sold out just to see if Sid can play better than he did in 1977......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qj4nYKVK044"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qj4nYKVK044" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Only if Nancy's rotting corpse can be dug up too, so Sid can murder her all over again

rustoffa
01-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
More like cue the version of the theme with false harmonics and dive bombs.

US Fest?