PDA

View Full Version : Broncos CB Darrent Williams Killed

ALinChainz
01-01-2007, 11:17 AM
NFL.com wire reports

DENVER (Jan. 1, 2007) -- Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting in downtown Denver.

Team spokesman Jim Saccomano said police called him about 3 a.m. from the scene of the shooting and told him three people had been shot and that Williams had been killed.

A little after 2 a.m., a white Hummer limousine was sprayed with bullets from a vehicle that pulled up along its side, said Sonny Jackson, spokesperson for the Denver Police Department.

Three people in the limousine were hit and were taken to area hospitals, where one man was pronounced dead, Jackson said. The other man and woman who were shot were not identified.

Jackson said police were searching for the suspects and interviewing witnesses.

"We have no motive yet," Jackson said. "We're hoping to talk with witnesses to find out where they were coming from, and that might give us some clues."

Saccomano said he spoke with coach Mike Shanahan and others in the organization.

"Complete shock. We're speechless. It takes words away. A terrible tragedy," Saccomano said.

Hours before the shooting, the Broncos lost to San Francisco 26-23 in overtime, eliminating them from the playoff race.

The 24-year-old Williams finished the season with 88 tackles, 78 of them solo, and four interceptions.

sadaist
01-01-2007, 12:51 PM
That guy looked like he was going to be pretty good too. 24 years young. I have a feeling it had more to do with the other passengers. Time will tell.

SA ME WHO
01-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Much as I hate him, I have to agree with Skip Bayless. The week before Christmas, I think, he was one 1st and 10 with some guy that was filling in for Woody (and has played in the NFL) and they were talking about the Tank Johnson troubles with nightclubs and firearms. A debate ensued about going to nightclubs during your playing career. (And why go when you've got so much at stake financially, regardless of personal feelings.) Skip was of the viewpoint of "Just wait till you're done playing and you've made your money." The former player viewed it as "You're young, rich, famous, and wanted. Why not go and enjoy yourself?"

I've got to agree with Skip. I mean regardless of whether you give a shit about dying (all for the sake of going out and getting drunk, wiggling your ass, and getting tail), what if you have a SO, let alone a wife and kids. What about parents/other family who you'd love to take care of financially (at least help them out) and what about how they feel about losing you? What about your friends? If you enjoy their company and have that much money, can't you create an environment where you can have them over and enjoy themselves? I mean, if you're addicted to that environment, I guess you can't necessarily recreate that. But, I'd seriously be double thinking that.

There are dangerous parts of every city. There are safe places. Doesn't mean because you're in the safe part that violence (or other bad influences) can't be transported in to that part of town. I just wonder, with the moneymaking potential today's players have, why with the proliferation of these types of events in recent years (albeit still relatively fractionally small), players choose to make some of the decisions they do. Not indicting this particular choice (we still don't know much about the situation). I just know I'd want to, if nothing else, protect my investment, so to speak.

Julius
01-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Un-fucking-believable.

I'm speechless and pissed off. Mostly pissed off.

Darrent was a very talented young athlete and if he remained healthy had a real chance of becoming a hall of famer. He was also a wonderful human being, regarded very highly in his community and among his fellow players.

So much talent and promise.... snuffed out by some jealous cocksucking loser.

It's official... there is no God.

Fuck you Katydid.

POJO_Risin
01-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Well...

1. That's 3 shootings now in Denver in 3 years...Porter, Hodge and Williams...

2. It was a party for Kenyon Martin...and a bunch of pro athletes were there...Javon Walker was reportedly in the car, and showed up at the Broncos offices the next day with blood on his shirt...

3. If you are that fucking stupid...after all that's happened over the past 10 years at clubs this late...you don't deserve it...noone does...

but it shouldn't be a suprise...

Hell...Porter now says, very simply, "If I don't feel 110% safe...I don't go out."

Joey Porter...

He and Champ Bailey were one of the better pair of corners...

sad...

Julius
01-02-2007, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
Javon Walker was reportedly in the car, and showed up at the Broncos offices the next day with blood on his shirt...

According to witnesses in the limo, Williams sustained a single gunshot wound to the neck and then fell into Javon's lap and bled out. Unofficial reports claim it was a lucky shot right through the jugular vein and he died almost instantly.

Brett
01-02-2007, 02:02 AM
Going from a party at Carmelo Anthony's to one at Allen Iverson's. God if that's not a recipe for disaster, I don't know what is.

Eyes of the Night
01-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Nice stats Risin' ...

Yeah, almost picked him up in my league this year specially after that interception for a TD in week 4 I think it was ...

I know they can afford it ... just get bulletproof LimoHummers ... there problem solved;) ...