PDA

View Full Version : Nick Saban leaves the Dolphins for Alabama

POJO_Risin
01-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Well...Alabama now has a good coach...

how long will it take Saban to turn them into a contender?

Brownsound?

ALinChainz
01-03-2007, 12:55 PM
How how long will it be before another NFL team calls with more money after Saban pleads his case to the media how he isn't going anywhere.

Interesting how these guys want to be taken at their word when they can't keep it, no different than players really.

diamondD
01-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Nov. 27 -- "No, I haven't. don't care to be. don't want to be. I've got a job to do here. My focus is on our players, this team, us getting better, us playing good winning football here. I'm not interested in any other circumstances or situations anyplace else. This is the challenge I wanted. I had a good college job, so why would I have left that if I was going to be interested in another college job?"

Dec. 3 -- "I'm not going to continue to respond to rumors and innuendo, which this obviously is. I'm committed to a group of guys here and a football team and a football staff, and we're working hard to get this season right. It really challenges your professionalism and integrity to even talk about it. People throw it to the wall, see what sticks."

Dec. 7 -- "They called [agent] Jimmy [Sexton] and said, 'Is Nick interested?' and Jimmy said, 'No.' And Jimmy asked me on several occasions and I said, 'No, I'm interested in staying here. I'm flattered that they may have been interested in me, but it really never progressed because we never let it progress. It's ridiculous. I haven't even talked to anybody and all of a sudden somebody's coming here to interview me."

Dec. 11 -- "I in no way wanted to indicate to him [Sports Illustrated's Peter King] or anybody else that there was any possibility of that [having interest in Alabama]. I have no intentions of going anywhere. Hell, they might not want me here after this season. Did you ever think of that? I've addressed this enough. When does this become a dead story?"

Dec. 21 -- "I guess I have to say it: I'm not going to be the Alabama coach. I shouldn't even have to comment on this. I think I've said this over and over again. What they do with their position is their business."

Jan. 1 -- "I'm committed to doing my job well here. This is my job. That's what I've done all day, and that's what I'll continue to do."

I'm sure the LSU fans are PISSED. Not only coming back in 2 years, but going to a SEC West rival. He really "loves that helmet".

diamondD
01-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
How how long will it be before another NFL team calls with more money after Saban pleads his case to the media how he isn't going anywhere.

Interesting how these guys want to be taken at their word when they can't keep it, no different than players really.

He might have just burned his NFL bridge. But it's almost like he's admitting he was over his head since they steadily declined under him.

Brett
01-04-2007, 03:17 AM
Saban's a dick, I don't care how good of a coach he is. But I'll tell you what, you don't need to pay Nick Saban all that money to go 15-17 with the Dolphins, I think just about any decent coach could have pulled that unimpressive mark off.

BrownSound1
01-04-2007, 12:17 PM
I don't like how he said he wasn't going to be the coach, and all of the cloak and dagger shit. Of course I have no control of any of that shit. He's a good college coach, so I'll say it'll be a couple of years before we get steady enough to do anything. National Title contention I have no clue....I'm more worried about having a steady program at this point.

diamondD
01-04-2007, 01:01 PM
I guarantee within 3 years, NS will be looking for the next deal he can get. Don't be surprised if his name comes up if Parcells sticks around another couple of years. Jerry likes throwing his money around.

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Great college coach. Didn't do shit in the NFL. Will probably do well pretty quickly at Bama, but I don't like the fact that he is only about the money, and doesn't show loyalty to anyone.

WARF
01-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Why is Saban being rewarded by Alabama, after he should have been fired from the Miami Dolphins? Saban is the most overated Coach in NFL/NCAA history. I think the Steve Miller band sang a song about him once... take the money and run! Wow. Saban is overated... They would have been in a better position with Jim Bates. Atleast he made the most of his minimal talents. Going 3-4 with AJ Feeley... no running backs... and a shitty o-line.

What's next for Saban in 2009?
After leading Alabama to 7-5... he will accept a 5 year 230 million contract for Bowling Green?!?!

rustoffa
01-05-2007, 09:47 PM
All of the sudden, kids with TALENT are interested in ALABAMA.

You're out of your mind to think otherwise.