PDA

View Full Version : So Brian Young has moved on as well?

CVH Rulz
01-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Judging by the bandmembers' resumes, it's understandable to assume that 3 LEGGED DOGG would reflect old-school '80s metal. After all, its members are veterans of such world renowned metallic institutions as RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH, DIO, QUIET RIOT, DAVID LEE ROTH, and BONHAM. But upon hearing the quintet's debut full-length for Perris Records, "Frozen Summer", the famous saying "You should never judge a book by its cover" comes into play, as tracks such as "Frozen Summer" and "Give and Take Away" have a decidedly modern hard rock edge.

Formed out of a California collective known as the HOLLYWOOD ALLSTARZ, Appice and West are 3 LEGGED DOGG's founding members, while Bain, Cavazo, and Young signed on soon after. And according to Appice, the group's chemistry was instant. "It works great. Carlos has a lot of ideas, a lot of riffs and different things we tried. Jimmy comes up with — out of nowhere — different changes and certain riffs that he wrote himself. We just basically try them and if we like them, we keep working on them. Chas hears a vocal line, then we'll keep working on it and develop it into a song. And then Brian Young is more of a bluesy/rock player — he's got a lot of different riffs."

The group plans to hopefully play their first-ever live gigs sometime in 2007 — which may prove tricky, since Appice has been enlisted by HEAVEN AND HELL (which includes Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, and Geezer Butler) to tour for much of the year. "We were planning to go out and do a tour in 2007, but now, the BLACK SABBATH thing is going to take a lot of my time up, so everything is put on hold. We intend to do a video in February, so we can have that at least on the Internet. I think we'll probably end up doing some shows, because BLACK SABBATH won't go all the way for eight or nine months — there will be breaks here and there."

Despite the tricky scheduling, Appice is confident that 3 LEGGED DOGG will continue on, and begin work on their sophomore effort soon. "We're all talking about that. We got a good response on the first one. I think what we'll do is start getting together and write some stuff for the next CD."

3 LEGGED DOGG is:

Chas West (BONHAM) - Vocals
Carlos Cavazo (QUIET RIOT) - Guitar
Brian Young (DAVID LEE ROTH) - Guitar
Jimmy Bain (RAINBOW, DIO) - Bass
Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, DIO, HEAVEN AND HELL) - Drums

"Frozen Summer" track listing:

01. Frozen Summer
02. Give And Take Away
03. Rain On My Parade
04. One Good Reason
05. Wasted Life
06. Long Way Back From Hell
07. Left For Dead
08. Bring The Hammer Down

For more information, visit www.myspace.com/3leggeddogg.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=64681

Hyman Roth
01-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Yeah - everybody already read this on DDLR.com 6 hours ago, tool.

:rolleyes:

CVH Rulz
01-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Last I checked, this is the Army!

franksters
01-05-2007, 11:33 AM
thanks for the news, I don't go or like the ddlr site!

ELVIS
01-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Wow !!!

Carlos Cavazo and Brian Young !?!

Lookout world, rock guitar is BACK!!!

Vinnie Velvet
01-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Wow !!!

LOL.

Terry
01-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Wow !!!

Hey, beats Carlos going out on the road with Quiet Riot and Brian touring with DLR flogging the oldies.

Plus, you have the classic Dio rhythm section...

I'll be interested to hear what they come up with.

ELVIS
01-05-2007, 10:08 PM
http://www.threeleggeddog.com/images/260_Picture_001.jpg

:elvis:

ELVIS
01-05-2007, 10:12 PM
http://www.the3leggeddog.com/images/pageheader3_01.gif

Hmmm...

ELVIS
01-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Looks like there's two other bands with that name...

Oh well...

Maybe they can be One Finned Fish...

:D

1971Quarter
01-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Didn't Alice in Chains already have a photo of 3 legged dog on one of it's album covers?

I would have been happy to keep seeing Brian Young tear up the old VH tunes at each show every other summer. Eddie can only dream of playing his old licks like Brian can. Plus, Brian is not a DOUCHE BAG like Ed is now.

Nickdfresh
01-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
Yeah - everybody already read this on DDLR.com 6 hours ago, tool.

Finnally can load us, eh Hyman? :D