PDA

View Full Version : Hope Dave goes with this look and sounds the great in 07 with VH!

DLR kicks ass
01-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Now this is how Diamond Dave should look and sound if and when the mighty Van Halen reunite! Great perfomance IMHO

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A4awEnPu1ZY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A4awEnPu1ZY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DlocRoth
01-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Nice.....

Although there are quite a few here that would gisagree with the look...

He does sound great there though fo sho!

DLR kicks ass
01-04-2007, 12:31 PM
here is another song from that night (Mean Streets)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7kvIgwIsySQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7kvIgwIsySQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DLR kicks ass
01-04-2007, 12:35 PM
One more (little dreamer)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1I0skH53QWM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1I0skH53QWM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ALMOSTsaved
01-04-2007, 12:37 PM
I think Dave's current "look" is on the money.

DLR kicks ass
01-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Ok so we disagree about the look, but damn he was sounding good there in 04, sounded great this summer too, but he was really on that night!

ALMOSTsaved
01-04-2007, 12:42 PM
I love the "Little Dreamer" clip. Great find!

BruinJer
01-04-2007, 12:51 PM
He looks like an 80 year old woman in those videos... he current look is a little more "with it"

m_dixon1984
01-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Dave's look is unimportant to me and should be for any hetero male. Just bringing it up makes me suspicious of your orientation (or maybe you're a gal, in which case you're excused)

BUT I do agree...I hope that the new VH can have that kind of vibe on stage because a happy, relaxed Dave that is satisfied with the performance of his backing band makes for a great show (as seen in those clips). Hopefully Ed can see his way to working with Dave on the live arrangements as well and we'll be treated to some amazing shows.

Of course this is IF the rumours are to be believed (Ottawa papers reported before Christmas that a reunited VH with DLR would be playing our annual Blue festival - this is highly unlikely because for an outdoor festival it has historically held no more than about 16000 people for a show - I can't believe VH would play in anything less than a 20000 seat arena and will more likely be trying to set up in 50000+ seat stadiums).

Anyway, good clips, and good point about the performances in 2004/2005. Too bad I suspect you're a homo (not that there's anything wrong with that - except around here)

M

Vinnie Velvet
01-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Great clips.

But I think Dave looks fine nowadays.

But he sounds great here.

DLR kicks ass
01-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
Dave's look is unimportant to me and should be for any hetero male. Just bringing it up makes me suspicious of your orientation (or maybe you're a gal, in which case you're excused)

BUT I do agree...I hope that the new VH can have that kind of vibe on stage because a happy, relaxed Dave that is satisfied with the performance of his backing band makes for a great show (as seen in those clips). Hopefully Ed can see his way to working with Dave on the live arrangements as well and we'll be treated to some amazing shows.

Of course this is IF the rumours are to be believed (Ottawa papers reported before Christmas that a reunited VH with DLR would be playing our annual Blue festival - this is highly unlikely because for an outdoor festival it has historically held no more than about 16000 people for a show - I can't believe VH would play in anything less than a 20000 seat arena and will more likely be trying to set up in 50000+ seat stadiums).

Anyway, good clips, and good point about the performances in 2004/2005. Too bad I suspect you're a homo (not that there's anything wrong with that - except around here)

M

HA Im as far from homo as they come my friend, Im not here to distract from the performances I posted with some idiotic and seemingless rant. Basically I just prefer Dave with the longer hair which is what I meant by his look. Would be the same as someone who would prefer eddie's long hair look to his 95 short hair. If I get to see them all on one stage I dont care what they look like. Anyway, now that I cleared that up, one last video (atomic punk)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3xvfzsqQ-g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3xvfzsqQ-g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Pasadena Bunnie
01-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Dave will look Amazing.....I just hope his share of the pie is equally as Amazing as his collegues and more than Spanky's.

ELVIS
01-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Who cares about his "look" ??

It's like dixon said...

But even so, there are idiots (some who live right here) who wouldn't know a good performance if it slapped 'em right in the face, so maybe the look is important...

Cool clips though...

Brian Young is a spazzzz...

:elvis:

ELVIS
01-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Atomic Punk SUCKS!

Vinnie Velvet
01-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Brian Young is a spazzzz...

:elvis:

I agree.

"Side-show Bri"

:D

jhale667
01-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Atomic Punk SUCKS!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's using a Flanger on the intro...it's supposed to be the Phase90, dude! ;)

ELVIS
01-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Fo' real yo...

I guess Mr. Young figured his idea was better than Mr. Van Halen's...

;)

jhale667
01-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Fo' real yo...

I guess Mr. Young figured his idea was better than Mr. Van Halen's...

;)

Umm, in the words of John McLaughlin...."WRONG!!!"

:p

Coyote
01-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's using a Flanger on the intro...it's supposed to be the Phase90, dude! ;)

It sounds wierd... like he's alternating between the two...

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Don't care about his look, but he sounds as good on those clips as anytime I've ever seen him. Got the Dave scream going.

diamondsgirl
01-04-2007, 04:53 PM
as a hetero female...I'm looking at the waist down and saying "nothing but yeah!!" :cool:

I don't mind this look, but I doubt Dave will grow his hair again.

diamondsgirl
01-04-2007, 04:55 PM
I love those pants, they would look great on my floor! :cool:

PlexiBrown
01-04-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't mind this look, but I doubt Dave will grow his hair again.

He may not be able to grow it anymore. It is just as well because guys in their 50's with aging faces and long hair start to look like the crypt keeper.

FORD
01-04-2007, 05:32 PM
I think that Dave actually looks younger and healthier with his recent short haircuts than he did with this over-bleached, poofed out hairstyle or any of it's variations from the 1999 - 2003 tours.

Without getting into matters of sexual orientation of whomever makes observations on the subject, the fact is that Dave has apparently made peace with the fact that he's over 50 now and that the hairdo of the "Hide Your Sheep tour" ain't coming back. So he combs his hair like an aging adult now, big fucking deal.

As long as he can sing the songs, ain't that why we're there?

vh rides again
01-04-2007, 05:41 PM
i must say that dave sounds better in those clips and some others ive seen than he did in 84, his manager must have got it thru his head that walking around on stage singing whenever he felt like it wasnt gonna work anymore. i havnt seen him stand at a mic and sing a song since 1979. he sounded great.

PutOutTheLights
01-05-2007, 07:47 AM
Nice hair... not.

Vinnie Velvet
01-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Without getting into matters of sexual orientation of whomever makes observations on the subject, the fact is that Dave has apparently made peace with the fact that he's over 50 now and that the hairdo of the "Hide Your Sheep tour" ain't coming back. So he combs his hair like an aging adult now, big fucking deal.

As long as he can sing the songs, ain't that why we're there?

Yup.

Dave still rocks!

07-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Funny how Dave and Ed both have the same hair cuts, and are going to tour together now. They both look great with the short blond hair. Dave is very hansome and his new cut complements his face. It also makes him look a lot younger. The long hair makes him look retro and out dated. Some artists are stuck with long hair because their not as fortunate in the looks department as Dave(ozzy, joe Elliott, jagger, and Plant) I also like how Dave is dressing now days, the snappy suits ect

ULTRAMAN VH
07-06-2007, 08:43 AM
I thought Dave looked like an ass with the long hair, he is a little long in the tooth for that look. I like the Sinatra style appearance he is sporting these days. C'mon folks, its not 1981 anymore. If this tour comes to fruition, he will have to bring his A game, the Hagaritas will be waiting for an ambush. Speaking of which, the whole band better be tighter than Tom Thumbs ass. There is alot at stake here. This is a golden opportunity for Van Halen to make up for 20 plus years of piss poor decision making.

topjim2y
07-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by 113
Funny how Dave and Ed both have the same hair cuts, and are going to tour together now. They both look great with the short blond hair. Dave is very hansome and his new cut complements his face. It also makes him look a lot younger. The long hair makes him look retro and out dated. Some artists are stuck with long hair because their not as fortunate in the looks department as Dave(ozzy, joe Elliott, jagger, and Plant) I also like how Dave is dressing now days, the snappy suits ect
"not as fortunate in the looks department as dave"? what are you, a fuckin idiot? dave was always in great shape but like the song says "nice legs, shame about the face".

binnie
07-06-2007, 09:34 AM
With the exception of Brian Young's tone on Mean Street, I really dug those clips.

Cheers for posting! :)

jero
07-06-2007, 09:50 AM
he sounds pretty damn fine

if6was9
07-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by m_dixon1984
Dave's look is unimportant to me and should be for any hetero male. Just bringing it up makes me suspicious of your orientation
Do you want to talk about it? :D

07-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Are you dyslexic, i`ve just comlemented Dave, and said how handsome he is?

07-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Dave is looking his best since his late 1980`s prime. His short cropped blond hair looks awsome!

07-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Does Dave reaally wear a wig?

TAKIN WHISKEY
07-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Dave says in the middle of the HFT clip WE ARE OFF TO OUR FINE USUAL START! classic Dave.

TongueNGroove
07-07-2007, 01:33 AM
He looked like the Crypt Keeper with that platinum blonde hairdo. It is a shame that we have to grow old.

Btw, the guitar player in that vid sucks ass. I saw them on the Sammy/Dave tour and somone threw a bottle and cracked that guitar player right in the head. Dave then proceeded with his usual antics, saying he was gunna fuck the guys girlfriend and such.

But anyway, I am sure Dave could find a much better guitar player. That said, unless EVH has improved since 04, I don't think he is any better and they are his songs.

07-07-2007, 07:59 AM
The male with long hair look really died out at the beggining of this decade!

topjim2y
07-07-2007, 09:11 AM
remember the lead singer ray from the movie still crazy?

07-07-2007, 10:25 AM
In the 1980`s all the male rockers had long hair, that was the fashion, apart from the punks. not many males had short cropped hair, in less you were in the forces. Now days; its the other way round, Most males have short cropped hair. Dave`s rolling stone magazine haircut, is cool. If Dave and Ed are going to launch this comeback, they would scare the kids off with long limp hair. They now look fresher and with it! Also we don`want van halen to get the 80`s hair band label like whitesnake!

07-07-2007, 10:26 AM
I`M NOT GOING TO MENTION MIKE`S IMAGE!

letsrock
07-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Can we say "hair extensions"?

hideyoursheep
07-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by letsrock
Can we say "hair extensions"?

As long as you don't say-

:hagar2:my Haggis, I don't care.:cool: