PDA

View Full Version : Stay out of my Mail, you Fucking Chimp

LoungeMachine
01-05-2007, 08:44 AM
From an editorial in The Seattle Times

George Bush, snooper in chief

Only hours into the 110th Congress, and Democrats have an assignment exactly suited to the role of divided government created by voters in November: Challenge President Bush's claim he can snoop in the mail with impunity.

The president has added his own unique interpretation to existing law and the intent of otherwise ordinary legislation about the U.S. Postal Service. The New York Daily News reported Thursday he claims the executive branch can read America's mail without a judge's warrant. Apparently, no one noticed what the White House was up to during a recess signing of the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act. In the president's statement on H.R. 6407, he said the executive branch would "construe" a subsection of one of the bill's titles essentially as it saw fit in exigent circumstances. This involves another of those presidential notes that acknowledges a new law was signed, but its application was entirely up to the president.

President Bush used this same approach with warrantless eavesdropping on the telephone calls of U.S. citizens.

Democrats must step up to the job they were elected to do. Compliant, confrontation-averse Republicans were replaced because they failed the nation in exactly these moments.

Force the president to explain why existing, lawful procedures are inadequate. Streamlined provisions exist to deal with emergencies and suspected threats. No one trusts — and that is exactly the word — this White House or future Democratic chief executives or their bureaucracies not to abuse these presidentially proclaimed powers.

Follow the law. Do not invent and invoke new powers on a whim. Force the president to explain and defend this action. This is the work of a loyal opposition.

FORD
01-05-2007, 09:19 AM
I think we should all create some mail for Chimpy to read.

Take a typical envelope, and put a return address on it with an Arabic sounding name.

Then address it to some totally made up bullshit address like

"Al Qaeda Platinum Members Jihad Club
PO Box 66666
Washintgon DC"

inside the envelope?

Just 2 pieces of paper.
Specifically, toilet paper.
Used.

Because once again, that's what the bastard is doing to the Constitution. :mad:

LoungeMachine
01-05-2007, 09:37 AM
January 2009 can not come soon enough.....

EAT MY ASSHOLE
01-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
January 2009 can not come soon enough.....

Yeah baby! That's when the ticket of EAT MY ASSHOLE/Foley gets inaugurated!!!!

Hardrock69
01-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Dupe. I posted this yesterday.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42867

LoungeMachine
01-05-2007, 06:16 PM
My bad, HR

Closed.