PDA

View Full Version : What if Ed decided to do a tour without a bass player..or a frontman?

rustoffa
01-07-2007, 02:54 AM
Sure, most people wouldn't get the band name, but that's what would make the tour perfect for intimate settings! Ed could stumble out with an x-pensive Charvel repro and point at it.

No effects, just Ed plugged into "1" shitty Peavey, and Al on a Gretsch jazz setup.

Think stripped-down instrumental versions of all the classics.

I'd pay to see that.

Would you?
:confused:

FORD
01-07-2007, 06:10 AM
No, but I'd laugh my ass off watching the first bootleg DVD that hit the net.

LoungeMachine
01-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Sure, most people wouldn't get the band name, but that's what would make the tour perfect for intimate settings! Ed could stumble out with an x-pensive Charvel repro and point at it.

No effects, just Ed plugged into "1" shitty Peavey, and Al on a Gretsch jazz setup.

Think stripped-down instrumental versions of all the classics.

I'd pay to see that.

Would you?
:confused:

spED and ALice as The White Stripes?

I'd pay the coinage required for front row center :D :D :D

Loons The Great
01-07-2007, 10:50 AM
"Schlitz Never Tasted So Good"

"I'm Bound To Drink It Up"

"There's No Home For You Here, Sammy"

"I'm Drunk(But I Ain't That Drunk Yet)"

"Smokin' Loon Army"

Terry
01-07-2007, 02:09 PM
That would be such a train-wreck...on a scale that would make Van Halen 3 look like a 5-star success.

MAYBE if it were him, Alex and Wolfie in a slot on a G3 tour, and they went out and did some new instrumental stuff and instrumental versions of CVH stuff...and probably only if I heard via word-of-mouth from some credible members on this site that they went, saw it, and it was worth seeing...

Something like that I'd pony up for, especially if Satriani and Vai were the other co-headliners, because then at least if the EVH segment sucked, I'd at least be able to stick around and see Vai play, and not feel like I got rooked...

But Ed and Al doing a White Stripes-type thing, headlining a show? No fuckin' way.

Loons The Great
01-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Maybe Ed would sing,"How Many Says Ize."

Coyote
01-07-2007, 03:32 PM
In a phrase: "Aw, HELL no!"

rabbit1125
01-08-2007, 02:41 AM
Wouldnt waste my time seeing it. The CVH was successful because of the personal character and charisma that each member brings into the band; wherein DLR has the largest contribution. It would not amount to anything larger than a DLR solo concert which (sadly) still fails in comparison to a classic VH concert