View Full Version : Ched wants VH to Take The High Road

LoungeMachine
01-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Hot 100 Billboard

Hagar Hoping Van Halen Takes High Road At Rock Hall

Sammy Hagar

January 08, 2007, 8:05 PM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit

Van Halen's appearance at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony on March 12 "could go a lot of different ways," according to Sammy Hagar. That said, Hagar -- the group's second frontman, from 1985-96 -- tells Billboard.com he has high hopes that the famously combative group will take the high road on that particular night.

"My hope is that everyone lets everything go and we go there in complete respect of each other and in a loving way, with the attitude that 'I couldn't have done it without you' towards everybody," says Hagar, who received the official word of Van Halen's selection at his Cabo Wabo Cantina in Mexico, where he and Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony have spent the past week jamming with Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith in a newly developing side project called Chickenfoot.

But he also notes that, "The biggest fear for me is there'll be animosity and 'I won't talk to that guy' and maybe some harsh words towards each other or some sly remarks in speeches ... and it's not out of the question that that could happen. But in the end, no matter what happens, when you hear the music you're gonna go, 'That's one of the greatest rock'n'roll bands in the world, ever, and well-deserved the inauguration into the Hall of Fame."

Hagar says he hadn't spoken to anyone other than Anthony about the induction but planned to put in a congratulatory call to drummer Alex Van Halen. He expects that manager Irving Azoff "is gonna try to spin everyone together somehow" and says he'll "go with the flow" with induction ceremony plans, which Hagar expects will include a live Van Halen performance.

However, Hagar deemed talk of a Van Halen tour this year with original frontman David Lee Roth and guitarist Eddie Van Halen's 15-year-old son Wolfgang on bass speculative and voiced concern for that particular turn in the band's course.

"Wolfie's a great guy; I love Wolfie. But I don't think Van Halen should bring a 15-year-old kid to replace Sam, Dave and Michael Anthony," Hagar says. "That's a lot of pressure for Wolfie. Just 'cause he's Eddie's son doesn't mean he can go out and play in arenas and perform and entertain an audience for two hours. I would love to see Eddie and Alex get behind Wolfie, with a kid of his age singing, and produce the record for him and help him launch a career. I'd rather see it go that way than come out and say 'Wolfie's the bass player in Van Halen and maybe singing, too.' Van Halen's got way too much history to have that put on him."

squib
01-08-2007, 09:12 PM
"My hope is that everyone lets everything go and we go there in complete respect of each other and in a loving way, with the attitude that 'I couldn't have done it without you' towards everybody," says Hagar,

Sammy should just not comment on things ... Dave couldn't have done what exaxtly without him? With out VAn Hagar, Van halen still gets in to the RRHOF. Without Van HAlen, no way that Van Hagar gets in.Sam just be quiet and grateful your going in.

LoungeMachine
01-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Again, I say.....

Yes, he's a schmuck.

Yes, he's a tool.

But if you don't think he's making sense here, then you're just another DaveSheep.

There are only 4 people in this entire world who make up CVH. Ched gets that.

His take on Wolfie is dead-on as well.

Ched deserves to be there, not as much as DLR, but there nonetheless.

They aren't inducting CVH. They're inducting the band. And the Chedhead Tequila Huckster with all his faults fucking punched in and worked when asked.

I likee the fact TWO singers who think spED's ego needs to be checked will be there.

But as I said. CVH = DLR, TBP, AL, and spED. No ched, no wolf.

LoungeMachine
01-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by squib

... Dave couldn't have done what exaxtly without him?

This may go over your head, but.....

It's not all about Dave.

:rolleyes:

Diamondjimi
01-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Hot 100 Billboard

Hagar Hoping Van Halen Takes High Road At Rock Hall

Sammy Hagar

January 08, 2007, 8:05 PM ET

"Wolfie's a great guy; I love Wolfie. But I don't think Van Halen should bring a 15-year-old kid to replace Sam, Dave and Michael Anthony," Hagar says. "That's a lot of pressure for Wolfie. Just 'cause he's Eddie's son doesn't mean he can go out and play in arenas and perform and entertain an audience for two hours. I would love to see Eddie and Alex get behind Wolfie, with a kid of his age singing, and produce the record for him and help him launch a career. I'd rather see it go that way than come out and say 'Wolfie's the bass player in Van Halen and maybe singing, too.' Van Halen's got way too much history to have that put on him."

Hmm , has The Round Rocker let the cat out of the bag? Wolfie singing lead too !:eek:

4moreyears
01-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Again, I say.....

You are dead on!!!

Matt White
01-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Spammy is trying to be as diplomatic as possible...he realizes his time with the sisters is over....His simpleton brain has grasped that he needs nay publicity that he can get these days.....

It'll be an interesting night....count on that

VanHalener
01-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Hmm , has The Round Rocker let the cat out of the bag? Wolfie singing lead too !:eek:

The Round Rocker

BWaahahahahaha!:lol: I love it!!!

"...Hagar says he hadn't spoken to anyone other than Anthony about the induction but planned to put in a congratulatory call to drummer Alex Van Halen. He expects that manager Irving Azoff "is gonna try to spin everyone together somehow" and says he'll "go with the flow" with induction ceremony plans, which Hagar expects will include a live Van Halen performance."

I hope this doesn't get messy. Hagar has the right idea about peace throughout the induction. The last thing I want to see is an embarassing moment in VH history. It's a night of celebration, not a night of competition.
:hitch:

Terry
01-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Bah.

Had Halen just broken up in 1985, rather than continued on with Hagar, they STILL should have had a place in the RnRHof, so what the band did with Sam is pretty much moot, the way I see it.

The best comment Roth could make about all of it is just not to even turn up. His silence will be a more effective comment than any quips he'd make during his acceptance speech.

After 1996, I personally don't even wanna see Roth on any stage with the Van Halens and Anthony unless they're either annoucing a CVH reformation or performing. And neither of those scenarios require Sammy to be there.

Of course the band is being inducted for all that has transpired under the Van Halen name (good, bad and ugly), but that doesn't mean I have to agree with any of it.

Plus, wasn't Sammy bitching for a good year or so after the 2004 tour ended about what an asshole Eddie was, and how he was 'pretty much' through with Van Halen for good? If so, then why all the concern over who is in Van Halen, where the band is going and the possibilities of them touring with Roth in 2007? Sounds like Hagar is just plain scared that CVH 2007, even sans Anthony, is gonna outdraw Van Hagar 2004 to me.

Should've named his new band Chickenshit instead of Chickenfoot.

VanHalener
01-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Bah.

The best comment Roth could make about all of it is just not to even turn up.

Thank God that scenario will never play out. That would suck!

Terry
01-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by vanhalener
Thank God that scenario will never play out. That would suck!

Yeah, as opposed to Roth having to share the award with a talentless assclown, because THAT part doesn't suck:rolleyes:

bantonelli
01-08-2007, 10:18 PM
I like Terry's idea. Roth a no-show! Wouldn't that be the new topic of conversation among the critics, internet, etc.

ROTH owns Van Halen....Van Halen doesn't own ROTH.

LoungeMachine
01-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
I like Terry's idea. Roth a no-show! Wouldn't that be the new topic of conversation among the critics, internet, etc.

ROTH owns Van Halen....Van Halen doesn't own ROTH.

See, this right here is what's wrong with most DaveSheep.

Yeah, that's what we want.....a new topic of conversation.

Screw reuniting CVH for even a moment.

jesus h.

Isaac R.
01-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Again, I say.....

Yes, he's a schmuck.

Yes, he's a tool.

But if you don't think he's making sense here, then you're just another DaveSheep.

They aren't inducting CVH. They're inducting the band. And the Chedhead Tequila Huckster with all his faults fucking punched in and worked when asked.

I likee the fact TWO singers who think spED's ego needs to be checked will be there.

Compliments on a fine grasp of the big picture there.

Then again, this fella makes a good point as well.

Originally posted by Matt White
Spammy is trying to be as diplomatic as possible...he realizes his time with the sisters is over....His simpleton brain has grasped that he needs nay publicity that he can get these days.....

It'll be an interesting night....count on that

Excited as I am about the possibility of a CVH reunion, a wait-and-see attitude seems the way to go. For now. :)

Hardrock69
01-09-2007, 12:43 AM
I predict there will be nary a comment from Uncle Dave.

He will leave everyone wondering if he will even be there, and will not make any comments about the soap opera shit.

Dave will take the high road, leaving Van Halen and the Poodul to squirm around in their own gutter-mung, while he continues to demonstrate what a class act he is.

EbDawson
01-09-2007, 03:39 AM

Didn't you just say that the RRHOF isn't about CVH?

I could give a rat's ass about the whole deal. They're inducting a rap group too. Snoop Dog, Ice T and Eminem are't far behind. The whole RRHOF is pretty much a joke nowadays.

binnie
01-09-2007, 03:45 AM
Again, I say.....

Yes, he's a schmuck.

Yes, he's a tool.

much as I hate to admit it, I think you're right.

I'm not happy about Sam's involvement, but the case is they're inducting VH not CVH, so he has a right.

As long as he doesn't sing, I think things will be just fine...

Wawazat
01-09-2007, 04:20 AM
Who is Sammy Hagar ?

Sarge's Little Helper
01-09-2007, 04:20 AM
Who is Sammy Hagar ?

David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..

MAX
01-09-2007, 06:33 AM
Hagar should take the "high road" and stay faaaaaaar the fuck away from the ceremonies. Hey, if you're gonna talk the talk Sam, then LET'S GET SERIOUS!!! You don't belong, you're a sidenote, a replacement, a footnote and have no reason being there.

Again Hag, take the "high road" and only go onstage AFTER the REAL VAN HALEN has been honored and accepted induction...

Then you can go up there, holding "Mikey's" hand and plea to the world how much more realevent "Dreams" or "Right Now" is to the Van Halen catalogue than "Unchained" or "Runnin' With The Devil." Fuck, even you and the bassplayer can perform the latter as the "Other Half?"

All I'm asking is that you keep your moronic ass out of the way until the REAL induction is finished?

I look at it this way, have Van Halen (meaning ALL FOUR of the ORIGINAL MEMBERS) play a track or two... Then let Anthony and Hagar "represent" Van Hagar with a sleeping rendition or two of those forgettable "classics" of which made Van Hagar so great and as to why they were inducted in the first place... *yawn*

Sammy Hagar writing an ode to Roth... Fuck that!!! Just stay home fucknuts cos you have no right being there in the first place.

BTW... I think Howard Stern should induct them... ;) :D

Don Corleone
01-09-2007, 06:46 AM
I'm hoping that Dave will show and make "the speech" from CFTH

Matt White
01-09-2007, 06:55 AM
DAVE will come thru.....

It's gonna be a riot

Vinnie Velvet
01-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Gee, so how long did it take for Sambo to open his big fucking mouth again??

Fuck this guy is an idiot.

LoungeMachine
01-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Gee, so how long did it take for Sambo to open his big fucking mouth again??

Fuck this guy is an idiot.

Now this statement cracks me up, with all due respect to VV :cool:

No one here as 1/1,000th the involvement in the success of the Van Halen brand as The Chedster.

Yet we all have much to say about every fucking bit of minutia regarding the band.

Here, the guy who has on and off fronted the band for nearly 2 DECADES is seeing them inducted into the RRHOF, and he knows ALL of the players and drama first hand.

And he DARES to "open his big fucking mouth" about it.

Puh-fucking-lease :rolleyes:

ANY ONE OF US in the same situation would be speaking their mind.

If you didnt speak your mind in this position, then you'd be a fucking douche.

This whole RRHOF kvetching in here is just cracking me up.

Get a grip people.

:gulp:

Vinnie Velvet
01-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Now this statement cracks me up, with all due respect to VV :cool:

No one here as 1/1,000th the involvement in the success of the Van Halen brand as The Chedster.

Yet we all have much to say about every fucking bit of minutia regarding the band.

Here, the guy who has on and off fronted the band for nearly 2 DECADES is seeing them inducted into the RRHOF, and he knows ALL of the players and drama first hand.

And he DARES to "open his big fucking mouth" about it.

Puh-fucking-lease :rolleyes:

ANY ONE OF US in the same situation would be speaking their mind.

If you didnt speak your mind in this position, then you'd be a fucking douche.

This whole RRHOF kvetching in here is just cracking me up.

Get a grip people.

The band just got inducted yesterday and Sam couldn't wait to give his fucking 2 cents in.

Sam has been notorious for jumping at any chance to talk about Van Halen. That's the only way he can stay relevant.

Has Patti Smith or REM said anything yet???

Not that I heard of, no.

Sam is craving for the VH spotlight again 'cause he knows Eddie doesn't want anything to do with him anymore.

ppg960
01-09-2007, 12:08 PM
I think Dave will show up. He won't start bashing anyone either. This is a big accomplishment for all these guys. Don't let the fame get in the way.
If it's true that CHV will unite once again, this will go off without a hitch.

Ellyllions
01-09-2007, 12:22 PM
I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves.

Yes Sam is right. But...is he speaking the truth? Or is he just coming out with the olive branch whilst hiding his crossed fingers behind his back?

When someone comes out like this with, "Can't we all just get along"...before the official parties have spoken, my spidey senses go all aflutter.

I think they'd do the fans a complete disservice and become a real embarassment to the point of having a SNL sketch about them if they show their asses at this ceremony.

But I think it's a little less classy for a currently "ex-communicated" member to speak about how their "could" be fireworks.

Dropped his class less than 24 hours after the announcement.

I'm not a Dave sheep, I said before that someone needs to give Dave a big shot of Ritalin before he goes on stage at that ceremony and I still feel that way. But Sam shouldn't have even went to the speculation about them not getting along. He shoulda just said, "I'm honored, I'm calling, I'm looking forward to the ceremony."

Isaac R.
01-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by EbDawson
I could give a rat's ass about the whole deal. They're inducting a rap group too. Snoop Dog, Ice T and Eminem are't far behind. The whole RRHOF is pretty much a joke nowadays.

Comparing Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five to Snoop Dog is like comparing David Lee Roth to Sammy Hagar.

LoungeMachine
01-09-2007, 06:05 PM
The band just got inducted yesterday and Sam couldn't wait to give his fucking 2 cents in.

Sam has been notorious for jumping at any chance to talk about Van Halen. That's the only way he can stay relevant.

Has Patti Smith or REM said anything yet???

Not that I heard of, no.

Sam is craving for the VH spotlight again 'cause he knows Eddie doesn't want anything to do with him anymore.

Patti Smith and REM don't have the drama and issues that VH has, and you know that.

So now your argument is Sammy is just speaking too soon?

:confused:

Look Vin, I applaud and respect your devotion.

I just think you're making too much of Ched speaking in the media.

It's SHOWBIZ for Christ's sake.

EVERYBODY GRAB ANOTHER JUICE BOX AND CHILL

TheArchitect
01-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi

I think he is probably refering to Wolfie singing Bassplayers parts

EAT MY ASSHOLE
01-09-2007, 06:23 PM
OH MY GOD...it's obvious now...Lounge's true identity isn't Kip Winger...Lounge's true identity is SAMMY HAGAR'S MOM!!!!

Terry
01-09-2007, 08:17 PM
See, this right here is what's wrong with most DaveSheep.

jesus h.

If the RnRHoF is the only way to see CVH ever play again, then so be it. I'm fine with it. If CVH aren't gonna play, or it's gonna be some gay medley with Roth and Hagar onstage singing at the same time, then what's the fucking point?

LoungeMachine
01-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Terry
If the RnRHoF is the only way to see CVH ever play again, then so be it. I'm fine with it. If CVH aren't gonna play, or it's gonna be some gay medley with Roth and Hagar onstage singing at the same time, then what's the fucking point?

This is the first I've heard of a gay medley with both singing onstage at the same time...LMAO

How many permutations are people worried about?

It's going to be what it's going to be.

All hand wringing and screaming bloody murder aside....

Watch the fun, people.

Let Ched say what he wants to say. HOW CAN THAT POSSIBLE HAVE ANY EFFECT ON CVH OR THIS INDUCTION.

Sheesh.

I think the real problem is people in here give Ched too much credit.

It's only Rock and Roll It's only The Hall of Fame.

Hell, I WANT some motherfucking FIREWORKS.

:gulp: end of rant

LoungeMachine
01-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
OH MY GOD...it's obvious now...Lounge's true identity isn't Kip Winger...Lounge's true identity is SAMMY HAGAR'S MOM!!!!

From these loins........:D

I nursed him until the age of 14, too.

May explain things.

Loons The Great
01-09-2007, 08:58 PM
By yon bonnie banks,
And by yon bonnie braes,
Where the sun shines bright on Loch Lomond,
Where me and my true love
Were ever want to gae,
On the bonnie, bonnie banks of Loch Lomond.

Oh! ye'll take the high road and
I'll take the low road,
And I'll be in Scotland afore ye;
But me and my true love
Will never meet again

'Twas then that we parted
In yon shady glen,
On the steep, steep side of Ben Lomond,
Where in purple hue
The Highland hills we view,
And the moon coming out in the gloaming.

I'll take the low road,
But me and my true love
Will never meet again

The wee birdie sang
And the wild flowers spring,
And in sunshine the waters are sleeping,
But the broken heart it kens
Nae second Spring again,
Tho' the waeful may cease frae their greeting.

I'll take the low road,
But me and my true love
Will never meet again

Loons The Great
01-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Hagar has always taken the high road, right?

FUCK OFF HAGGAR for ruining the Van Halen legend. Trying to run the CVH into the groun'.

Loons The Great
01-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Hagar=pure buzzkill of life

Isaac R.
01-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE

He`s Kip Winger?
Perfect. That is just too fucking funny:lol:

jgdrag
01-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Sammy is an idiot. Who the fuck does he think he is, still trying to play the lead singer role. Couldn't do it for 22 years and now he wants to be the first one any of the fans hear from?

Spam, you are no longer a part of Van Halen moving forward, get over yourself, but I guess you have to find a way to stay relevant now that you have been given the boot.

If you would of SHUT your mouth all those years, you had a chance, but no, you had to bash Dave and now out of the blue you want to take the high road? Take it and fuck-off you ass wipe!

Still pushing your tequila at every opportunity, we know were your loyalty stands, and it is not for the fans, that is for sure!

Go and fuck yourself Spam, for 22 years I have waited for you to get the fuck out of this band because simply put, you and your bubbegum lyrics suck and are far to commercial for my liking.

Coyote
01-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Loons The Great

I'll take the GLENMORANGIE

:D

binnie
01-10-2007, 09:00 AM
I can't see Sam agreeing to be onstage with Dave for a medley.

He knows that he can't compete, that's why he took a full beach party set for the 2002 tour....

bueno bob
01-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Isaac R.
He`s Kip Winger?
Perfect. That is just too fucking funny:lol:

Fuck yeah he is.

Check out his wikipedia.org article - proof's there!

:D

binnie
01-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Maybe one day he'll tell us about the inspiration for "In The Heart of the Young"...

ALMOSTsaved
01-10-2007, 09:19 AM
My guess is Hagar just suddenly became very aware / scared of Dave's wit in front of a live audience.

jgdrag
01-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Na, Spammy isn't that smart!

diamondsgirl
01-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Clearly, Sam is kissing Dave's ass so that we here at the Roth Army might change our minds about him. :D

Nice try Sam...but, we got your number, big guy. ;)

(I'm still hoping someone gets sucker-punched)

jgdrag
01-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Top contenders are Spammy, Edward or Alex

binnie
01-10-2007, 10:41 AM
I just hope they play something with Dave...

bueno bob
01-10-2007, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sammy and Mike were the only fuckin ones who showed up...

Honestly, that'd be pretty funny, truth be told...

diamondsgirl
01-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by binnie
I just hope they play something with Dave...

I'm thinking that Dave will not want to miss a chance to play live especially if a tour is happening. He'll want to give folks a taste of how much ass he still kicks. :cool:

Vinnie Velvet
01-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Bottom Line is this:

We Dave and CVH fans don't like Hagar ---- he's a dick and always was.

98.9% of what comes out of his mouth is bullshit (the latest being that Van Hagar sold 44 million copies!).

He doesn't deserve to be inducted along with VH and somehow I think he realizes this, that's why we have all the kind words about Dave.

He came into a band that was already well established as a major recording and touring force selling millions of albums.

He wasn't there busting his ass playing the clubs and backyard parties, he wasn't there when Gene Simmons discovered them, he wasn't there when the band made their own promotional material to get people to see them in a club, he wasn't there when the band started to headline gigs with just the release of their second album, he wasn't there when they were paid big $$$$$$$$ for just one performance at the US Festival in '83, he wasn't there when the band (along with Micheal Jackson) helped pioneer the music video era ----- I could go on.

Yes, Sam was in the band for 11 years and recorded 4 studio albums and a so-called live album. Yes, the albums sold well, but the groundwork that paved the way for any future VH success was already established by the original band.

That is all.

diamondsgirl
01-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Bottom Line is this:

98.9% of what comes out of his mouth is bullshit (the latest being that Van Hagar sold 44 million copies!).

He doesn't deserve to be inducted along with VH and somehow I think he realizes this, that's why we have all the kind words about Dave.

He came into a band that was already well established as a major recording and touring force selling millions of albums.

He wasn't there busting his ass playing the clubs and backyard parties, he wasn't there when Gene Simmons discovered them, he wasn't there when the band made their own promotional material to get people to see them in a club, he wasn't there when the band started to headline gigs with just the release of their second album, he wasn't there when they were paid big $$$$$$$$ for just one performance at the US Festival in '83, he wasn't there when the band (along with Micheal Jackson) helped pioneer the music video era ----- I could go on.

Yes, Sam was in the band for 11 years and recorded 4 studio albums and a so-called live album. Yes, the albums sold well, but the groundwork that paved the way for any furture VH success was already established by the original band.

That is all.

I think its funny that all this happy bullshit is coming from the guy who instigated much of the shit from the very beginning. If he wants peace, love and happiness he should apologize for being a PRICK when he took Dave's spot. He should admit that he was an insecure asshole and thats why he took shots (and still takes shots) at Dave.

IMO, He should have kissed Daves ass back then. Not now, fuckin' 23 years later.

What? did he just wake the fuck up and realize this shit?

Vinnie Velvet
01-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
I think its funny that all this happy bullshit is coming from the guy who instigated much of the shit from the very beginning. If he wants peace, love and happiness he should apologize for being a PRICK when he took Dave's spot. He should admit that he was an insecure asshole and thats why he took shots (and still takes shots) at Dave.

IMO, He should have kissed Daves ass back then. Not now, fuckin' 23 years later.

What? did he just wake the fuck up and realize this shit?

Right on.

Remember this quote from 1986? "Dave just made a joke out of everything." referring to CVH.

:mad:

diamondD
01-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Bottom Line is this:

Yes, Sam was in the band for 11 years and recorded 4 studio albums and a so-called live album. Yes, the albums sold well, but the groundwork that paved the way for any future VH success was already established by the original band.

That is all.

Going by that logic, Mick Taylor, Ron Wood, Brian Johnson and many others wouldn't be inducted either. Sammy's getting in on the same merits, even if his contributions weren't as great as theirs.

diamondD
01-10-2007, 12:17 PM
And as far as Dave not showing up, Dave's bags are probably already packed...

diamondD
01-10-2007, 12:18 PM
All I want is a couple of songs with the original 4, and it not being Jump if it's only one.

LoungeMachine
01-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
Going by that logic, Mick Taylor, Ron Wood, Brian Johnson and many others wouldn't be inducted either. Sammy's getting in on the same merits, even if his contributions weren't as great as theirs.

FUCKING DEAD ON CORRECT. :cool:

FORD
01-10-2007, 03:23 PM
I don't think anyone ever accused Mick Taylor or Brian Johnson of destroying the bands they joined. And of course, they were both replacing dead guys.

True, I prefer the Bon Scott era of Ac/Dc myself. And I've met some Brian Jones purists who actually believe the Stones should have drowned with Brian Jones. But at least nobody can say they ceased to be rock n roll bands.

What it comes down to is that the Hall should be consistent in their standards. If Sammy is in, then why isn't Ronnie James Dio? At least the second version of Black Sabbath didn't sell out to the Velveeta/Hallmark school of songwriting.

LoungeMachine
01-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Dio couldn't meet the height requirement for the ride.

Vinnie Velvet
01-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by FORD
What it comes down to is that the Hall should be consistent in their standards. If Sammy is in, then why isn't Ronnie James Dio? At least the second version of Black Sabbath didn't sell out to the Velveeta/Hallmark school of songwriting.

Right. Which suggests that this whole Hall thing is a joke.

LoungeMachine
01-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Right. Which suggests that this whole Hall thing is a joke.

Yet look how wound up and out of breath you all are getting over this. :D

It's really quite ammusing.

Vinnie Velvet
01-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Yet look how wound up and out of breath you all are getting over this. :D

It's really quite ammusing.

?????

Wound up and out of breath???

I realize that you can only get 7% of a person's communication across on an internet discussion board. That leaves a whole whopping 93% up for interpretation.

I seem to be breathing well when I made some posts in this thread. ;)

Get it?

PlexiBrown
01-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Dave should go up to accept and then he should play a few Van Halen songs with his bluegrass band while Sammy and Mike do shots of tequila. Ed, Al will hold down the fort at 5150 until Dave gets there.

BALLYJUNKIE
01-10-2007, 09:56 PM
I THINK DAVE SHOULD WEAR HIS INFAMOUS ASS-LESS PANTS AND MOON SAMMY ,ED AND AL .......... HEY IS VALERIE GONNA BE THERE ? WILL VALERIE SHOW UP TO GIVE RESPECT TO HER EX-HUSBANDS ACOMPLISHMENTS ?....... LET THE DRAMA BEGIN !!!!

Dave84
01-10-2007, 10:03 PM
My email to vhnd.com

Fucking disgrace!
Spermy should not be there 5150=1986 not 25 years. You know as well as the rest of the world that if the band called it quits in 1985 they would have still been inducted fuck sammy hagar

EAT MY ASSHOLE
01-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sammy and Mike were the only fuckin ones who showed up...

Honestly, that'd be pretty funny, truth be told...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!HAHAHAHAHAHA

And Val! That'd rule!!!

Ellyllions
01-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
I THINK DAVE SHOULD WEAR HIS INFAMOUS ASS-LESS PANTS

I'm all for this idea.
Who's calling Dave?