PDA

View Full Version : RRHOF Induction Performance

4moreyears
01-10-2007, 11:42 AM
The big question is will this dysfunctional family be able to perform together after receiving their kudos for almost 30 of Van Halen. If so what will they play. Here is what I would like to see. Summer Nights for Sambo. To me this is the best Sam era song and it is not one of those cheesy love ballads. Then I would like to hear Me Wise Magic because the song rocks and they have never played it live. Then end with a classic like Unchained or Mean Street.

Vinnie Velvet
01-10-2007, 11:50 AM
I really think they should not perform -- the logistics of playing would just cause more bickering.

Take the safe route: don't perform and have a few bands perform some VH songs as a tribute to them.

Done.

diamondsgirl
01-10-2007, 11:55 AM
I think Dave will want to perform...but that would be awkward with the Mike sitch.

Hardrock69
01-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Wolfie should not perform. He never was a part of CVH.

FORD
01-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Best scenario possible - and I've seen other bands do this - would be to have Van HALEN - as in all 4 of them - show up and make their speeches and play some songs without killing each other. Sammy can appear "via satellite" from his gay love boat cruise. Hell, if they can get another qualified bass player to play the live set, then Sauce Boy can appear with Sammy for all I care.

It's just gonna suck ass if they pull a Sabbath and wuss out of playing live, and if Hagar's the reason, I will personally plant a size 15 boot up his ass.

Vinnie Velvet
01-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by FORD
It's just gonna suck ass if they pull a Sabbath and wuss out of playing live, and if Hagar's the reason, I will personally plant a size 15 boot up his ass.

Well, Hagar may well be the reason.

The logistics of who gets to play first and last (as in Van Hagar vs Van HALEN) would be a nightmare.

diamondsgirl
01-10-2007, 12:54 PM

size 15?

really? :cool:

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-10-2007, 04:03 PM
I think they will play 3 CVH songs with the four of them. Sammy does not perform. This brings closure to CVH like Dave has always wanted. Then the current line up with Wolfie and Dave can do their thing this year. Tour/album?

RossHalfin
01-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I have been contacted about this.
They have asked permission to use some of my photos (stills) of Van Halen as they are putting together a tribute video to be played just before they are introduced on stage.

Peace

Ross
http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/

Pasadena Bunnie
01-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RossHalfin
I have been contacted about this.
They have asked permission to use some of my photos (stills) of Van Halen as they are putting together a tribute video to be played just before they are introduced on stage.

Peace

Ross
http://www.rosshalfin.co.uk/

Hey Katie/Ross....Manatees swim in the Sea. May you follow suit...hook, line & SINKER.

LoungeMachine
01-10-2007, 06:07 PM
More importantly, what will everyone be wearing?

Will Dave wear assless pants?

Which cologne is appropriate for this event?

Inquiring minds want to know

:rolleyes:

indeedido
01-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Best scenario possible - and I've seen other bands do this - would be to have Van HALEN - as in all 4 of them - show up and make their speeches and play some songs without killing each other. Sammy can appear "via satellite" from his gay love boat cruise. .

That made me swallow my gum.

vh rides again
01-10-2007, 06:14 PM
as much as i hate sammy in vanhalen, i would really love to see him sing first with vh at the ceremony, then he can feel like a heel when dave walks on stage and everyone goes fucking nuts, he will see that all these years he was nothing but a fill in.

4moreyears
01-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
More importantly, what will everyone be wearing?

Will Dave wear assless pants?

Which cologne is appropriate for this event?

Inquiring minds want to know

:rolleyes:

Come on Lounge...Haven't I said anything stupid enough to warrant a spot in your signature???

LoungeMachine
01-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
Come on Lounge...Haven't I said anything stupid enough to warrant a spot in your signature???

LMAO

Not yet. But I have faith in you.

4moreyears
01-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
LMAO

Not yet. But I have faith in you.

You are just being lazy. If you look hard enough I am sure you can find something.

Terry
01-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Dave, Ed, Mike and Alex could go out there, with a minimal amount of rehearsal, and do 'Unchained', for fucks sake. One tune and five minutes onstage together ain't gonna kill any of them.

Those guys don't have to love each other to play together, just like Dave said.