PDA

View Full Version : Dave issues Statement

Diamondjimi
01-10-2007, 02:23 PM
DAVID LEE ROTH Issues Low-Key Statement On VAN HALEN ROCK HALL Induction - Jan. 10, 2007

Launch Radio Networks reports: The normally outrageous David Lee Roth is staying decidedly low-key regarding this week's announcement that VAN HALEN will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Instead of some classic "Diamond Dave" quotes, Roth has issued a very simple statement that reads, "It is an honor and a privilege to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame." The singer did tell Launch a few years back that the band's musical legacy had earned them a spot in the Hall. "That music is a part of American culture, beyond just a stack of tunes," he said. "It represents a whole lot to a lot of people, and I'd be one of the very first to sign up (to appear at the band's Rock Hall induction)."

There have been a lot of rumors that Roth is back in VAN HALEN for a summer tour, though nothing's been confirmed yet.

VAN HALEN will be joined by R.E.M., PATTI SMITH, the RONETTES, and GRANDMASTER FLASH & THE FURIOUS FIVE at the annual Rock Hall ceremony, which takes place March 12 at New York City's Waldorf Astoria Hotel.

jgdrag
01-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the post

Diamondjimi
01-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Low key for sure. This is'nt typical Dave. Something's up...
But wtf is it!

btoner43
01-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Ok, I've been a lurker on here for 2 years, it's time to break the silence. Why is he being so low key????

MAX
01-10-2007, 02:45 PM
I truly think Dave is going to and planning on handling this thing with the upmost respect and he's really understanding how fragile of a scenerio this truly is.

Also, we already have Hag being THE FIRST to blab off at the mouth about it. Big surprise... :rolleyes:

I'm also curious regarding the attire for this event. I haven't seen one in ages. Aren't they like tuxedo events, well rock and roll style anyway? Meaning, Ed can't show up looking homeless nor can Hag be there in a yellow (grease stained) t-shirt with capris or can they?

DLR'sCock
01-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Davei s being kool for a reason, and he isn't going to play into anyone's game. I expect Dave to be quite kool and respectful about all of this.

Vinnie Velvet
01-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Great to hear from Dave!

jhale667
01-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Interesting.:)

btoner43
01-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Do you think that this is proof that Dave is already with the band and Eddie has told him not to stir things up?

Diamondjimi
01-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by btoner43
Do you think that this is proof that Dave is already with the band and Eddie has told him not to stir things up?

I was thinking the same thing. Keep it on the low down and then hit us with the big news......

Pasadena Bunnie
01-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Unsurprisingly ....DAVE is A CLASS ACT.

It's ROTH n' ROLL at it's finest. Dave won't make a mockery out of this honor....he's always been about class and won't get involved in the Circus of his collegues.

diamondsgirl
01-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Dave's contributions speak for themselves, IMO.

Nothing more to say but its an honor and a privilege to be inducted.

Way to be, Dave,. :cool:

Isaac R.
01-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Pasadena Bunnie
Unsurprisingly ....DAVE is A CLASS ACT.

Got that right.
The Man said EXACTLY what needed to be said, no more, no less.
Gotta respect a guy who knows how to take a compliment:cool:

jharp84
01-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Diamond has EXPERIENCE!! Knows how to play the game! Knew he was already out at "96" mtv awards! So he got goofy! BFD! Know FUCKING way ed tells HIM to be low key this time w/15 year old kid in the "MIX"?????????????????????????????????

Ellyllions
01-10-2007, 05:20 PM
And that's exactly how Sam should've handled it.

Sometimes if you don't talk about it, it doesn't happen....

Does it matter to anyone that I'd like to stick my tongue down that man's throat whether he liked it or not?

Didn't think so.

Vinnie Velvet
01-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions

Does it matter to anyone that I'd like to stick my tongue down that man's throat whether he liked it or not?

Didn't think so.

You have a fabulous tongue.

Ellyllions
01-10-2007, 05:28 PM
but I'm built like a broom handle....

LOL (thanks)

Wallyg
01-10-2007, 05:39 PM
a cute fiesty broom handle.....

(with a fabulous tongue)

SparkieD
01-10-2007, 05:48 PM

I do think Dave's with the band, but I don't think he's taking orders from Eddie. Contrary to what Ed said a little while back, Dave is not his 'bitch.'

c5150b
01-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions

Didn't think so.

Sam's throat? You like them thar big ol boys?

btoner43
01-10-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm not saying that Dave is Ed's bitch. I guess this statement, along with the fact that he hasn't said the first word since the reunion talk really got started tells me that he is busy doing something to keep him really busy.....like getting ready for a tour. I don't think he takes orders from Ed but I think he realizes that this is the last chance. Him taking the high road on this is making Sammy look like a real dick. The only one that has been flapping his gums about how "this could be interesting", and "no way Ed can work with Dave" has been Sammy. Sam looks like a complete tool. He comes out and says how it won't work and Dave simply says it's an honor. That shows Dave's class.

By the way, from a lurker for 2 years. I gotta tell all of you that this is a great site and I've enjoyed looking at it several times a day. You guys are the best.

tjvhou812
01-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Welcome to army bro

Antman
01-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Smart move on Dave's part. Hopefully all can get up and accept the honors with dignity and class. Then all hell can break loose on tour.

SparkieD
01-10-2007, 07:19 PM
... Him taking the high road on this is making Sammy look like a real dick...

Sammy's doing a mighty fine job of looking like a dick all by himself. I'm glad the fucker got invited cuz it will be hilarious to see him get completely overshadowed by Dave!

Dan
01-10-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm not saying that Dave is Ed's bitch. I guess this statement, along with the fact that he hasn't said the first word since the reunion talk really got started tells me that he is busy doing something to keep him really busy.....like getting ready for a tour. I don't think he takes orders from Ed but I think he realizes that this is the last chance. Him taking the high road on this is making Sammy look like a real dick. The only one that has been flapping his gums about how "this could be interesting", and "no way Ed can work with Dave" has been Sammy. Sam looks like a complete tool. He comes out and says how it won't work and Dave simply says it's an honor. That shows Dave's class.

By the way, from a lurker for 2 years. I gotta tell all of you that this is a great site and I've enjoyed looking at it several times a day. You guys are the best.

Welcome to one of the Greatest Site around.

fullbug5150
01-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Is there a link for this?

scorpion73
01-10-2007, 07:51 PM
I just read an interview on Van Halen News Desk with Sammy that is quite interesting.He said that the night they get inducted should belong to Dave,because thay would never have gotten there without him.He honestly gives the man the props he deserves.Sam just does'nt know if the brothers are going to be as amicable about the situation,which is to celebrate Van Halen's legacy,not that Wolfie is the new bass player.

4moreyears
01-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by scorpion73
I just read an interview on Van Halen News Desk with Sammy that is quite interesting.He said that the night they get inducted should belong to Dave,because thay would never have gotten there without him.He honestly gives the man the props he deserves.Sam just does'nt know if the brothers are going to be as amicable about the situation,which is to celebrate Van Halen's legacy,not that Wolfie is the new bass player.

Amen

DooMer87
01-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Wow. Something IS up.

Well, well said.

jgdrag
01-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by scorpion73

Did you read the part where he says Dave hasn't been able to re-invent himself? Or when he says the biggest problem is between Ed and Dave and then also says he and Dave have a problem, yet he comes out like he wants to blow Dave?

I can't trust spammy that quick, what is he going to say? Dave is a dick because spammo got the boot?
Too many interviews with Spammy spouting off about Dave

Terry
01-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Don't really think it's in Roth's game plan to be silent as a way of making Hagar loook like a dick, because Hagar is more than capable of doing that on a regular basis without any of dave's help.

Think it's cool that he put out a curt statement, without any of the usual Rothisms.

Seem to gather some are hoping for another personality meltdown at the RnRHoF awards, or at least expecting some kind of backstage hysterics, but I'd just as soon see whoever is going out there to rep VH just go out, say some positive stuff, take the award and bugger off.

Short of a fistfight, the "nyah-nyah, you suck, I'm great" back-and-forth war of the words between ALL of these guys is just tiresome. If they wanna have at it, start swinging some mitts at one another, otherwise keep the grade-school taunts on the playground. It's fuckin', like, ENOUGH already.

Let 'em all get up there onstage. Dave, the Van Halens (even Wolfie), Mike, Sam...fuck, even get Gary up there. Why the fuck not? The whole thing is meaningless anyway. Only one lineup of that groups ever mattered anyway.

rockhead
01-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Daves released a very curt statement and hasnt played into the usual press bitch fight with Sammy.Something is up and seems dave is taking baby steps if a reunion tour is on the cards for summer 07!.The man is class!

Diamondjimi
01-11-2007, 01:21 AM
Ok, I've been a lurker on here for 2 years, it's time to break the silence. Why is he being so low key????

Welcome to the ARMY !:)

Golden AWe
01-11-2007, 04:36 AM
Dave knows it's his last chance to get back ithe band...

bueno bob
01-11-2007, 04:42 AM
What Dave said...is all Dave said...nothing more to read into it than what's already there, I think.

If anything's afoot, it'll become apparent when they get inducted, but I don't think Ed's put him on a gag-order, as has been theorized...

bantonelli
01-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
What Dave said...is all Dave said...nothing more to read into it than what's already there, I think.

If anything's afoot, it'll become apparent when they get inducted, but I don't think Ed's put him on a gag-order, as has been theorized...

I agree. Dave doesn't need to kiss ass, walk on egg shell or have an effen "gag order" from Ed to get back into this band, it's the other way around.

Without Dave, the Sisters have no fate...

binnie
01-12-2007, 02:57 AM
Can't read an awful lot into that, but it shows Dave has class...

thetoolrules
01-12-2007, 07:28 AM
ready the midgets
shake up the jack
at the hall of fame
dave's gonna do the attack

Matt White
01-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by thetoolrules
ready the midgets
shake up the jack
at the hall of fame

What are youdoing here this early?!?:confused:

YOu have hogs to swab!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

bueno bob
01-12-2007, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
What are you doing here this early?!?:confused:

YOu have hogs to swab!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

How will he be able to fit it in with his Hardees work schedule?

Matt White
01-12-2007, 08:08 AM
HA!!!

The Barn is connected to the freezer.......

bueno bob
01-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Damn! Talk about a busy schedule!

Hope he's going to be able to keep up with his 86 Myspace friends with all that going on!

binnie
01-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by thetoolrules
ready the midgets
shake up the jack
at the hall of fame

tool's back like a bad rash...

thetoolrules
01-12-2007, 10:28 AM
shyakeitbabeeee

VanHalener
01-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
How will he be able to fit it in with his Hardees work schedule?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OPUQoKdFb8s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OPUQoKdFb8s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/339GLCVVwvo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/339GLCVVwvo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

spmusicplyr
01-12-2007, 04:52 PM
probably doesnt want to fuck it up like '96

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by spmusicplyr
probably doesnt want to fuck it up like '96

I don't think Dave fucked it up in 96. He was set up from the begining.

Diamondjimi
01-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
I don't think Dave fucked it up in 96. He was set up from the begining.

The truth !
;) :D

bantonelli
01-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks, Vanhalener....."Hear about it Later" - Fantastic Vid. Dave and the band ....simply STELLAR.

jhale667
01-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Thanks, Vanhalener....."Hear about it Later" - Fantastic Vid. Dave and the band ....simply STELLAR.

Exactly. Holy shit that's a great one. Hadn't seen that in a while. :baaa:

Diamondjimi
01-13-2007, 04:25 AM
A classic !

Click my sig. for more!;) :D

svrwthr
01-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Low key for sure. This is'nt typical Dave. Something's up...
But wtf is it!

You all keep on going and going. What are you going to do when they dont get back together?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it here and share the same hopes and dreams as you all do, but, you need to get some perspective and realize that this may not happen.

You hear the rumors, you piddle on and on over it for months. You ever think that maybe it is rumors? You ever think that Dave is low key because there is nothing to be hyped about and maybe that some higher (not ed, he is low) ups asked Dave to keep it down and not get people thinking something that isnt going to happen? Have you thought that Dave may be low key because the whole thing fell through and he is a little depressed?

You all have to come to light and see the other side of things instead of the positive hopeful things. That way you can be less disappointed if there is no reunion or be insanely overjoyed more than normal if there is one.

I see everyone thinking Dave is quiet because there is a reunion. No way, Dave would be most voicetrous. I do see that the Official Van-Halen site not longer gets you past the Enter area so that may raise even more hopes because someone may be updating site, which will give you all more hope. But see it as they may be just adding the RRHOF announcements and nothing else. Don't get false hopes up, you will have a better life for it. Of course if all goes the way we'd like it too, may they give us a heart attack soon by announcing a reunion soon after the RRHOF so as to keep the flake from spammy and Mike off from the band Van Halens want during this crucial time in Rock History for all of them.

kastco
01-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Something else that is interesting. The official Van Halen site is down. You can only get to the front page. Wonder if it's being updated with some new news finally?