• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jgdrag
    Sniper
    • Jul 2005

Reunion question

Should Van Halen reunite?

Or should we let it go and just remember the way it was because it will never be that good again?

I am having second thoughts on this matter, how about the rest of you?
  • Mike-DLR
    Groupie
    • Dec 2006

listen buddy......i have never seen CVH live before.....being born after they broke up is probably the reason why lol....i just wanna see the boys up on the stage doing their thing one last time!!!! no matter how they sound...i cant go on saying "oh i saw van halen when friggin sammy was singing" its embarassing!!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

It will never be just like it was, but it could be pretty fucking sweeeeet!
      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Roth & Roll
        Foot Soldier
        • Feb 2004

The way the RRHOF ceremony is handled will be the most telling sign of what is really happening in the wild and wacky world of VH.
        http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• jgdrag
          Sniper
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mike-DLR
          listen buddy......i have never seen CVH live before.....being born after they broke up is probably the reason why lol....i just wanna see the boys up on the stage doing their thing one last time!!!! no matter how they sound...i cant go on saying "oh i saw van halen when friggin sammy was singing" its embarassing!!
          Sorry you did not have the opportunity to witness Van Halen as I did in 1982. But it will never be the same unfortunately. But I can tell you of my experience. Pictue this

All day long your favourite radio station has been cranking Van Halen in anticipation of the evenings events. The day can't go quick enough for you. You have waited far too long for to-night! You find yourself looking at your watch every half hour. SHIT, too slow, but each hour is another hour closer. Finally it is time to go. You go and pick-up your girlfriend. She can see the excitement in your eyes and gives you a smile of acceptance.

Ah, here we go
          We jump into the car, she reaches for the volume knob, cranks it up to 11, ah,we are good to go!
          BAM, Eddie lays out the first note to Unchained!
          Your heart starts to beat a little quicker, your feet start tapping to the floor boards, suddenly your lips start to sing along to Dave's voice.
          You start to think, this is almost as good as sex. NOT!!
          Out of nowhere your girlfriend reaches into her purse and pulls out a finely rolled Columbian jount and some whiskey to wash it down to celebrate the evenings festivities. As you are driving to the show, you see other concert goers enjoying the same times you are having. AH, the days when it was safe to drink and drive.

Finally get to the show.
          The place is packed. The streets are a BUZZ with excitement.
          The streets are packed with Van Halen fanatics, everywhere you look, nothing but people. From one end of the street to the other, people screaming VAN HALEN, Van Halen.

You make your way through all of the concert goers proudly wearing your favourite Van Halen shirt with your girldriend right beside you, because you will need a witness after to-nights events. You make it through the door and grab a hold of your ticket, looking for your gate and seat number. Ok, there it is, but wait, they are selling concerts shirts just 10 feet from you!Shit, gotta get one of those shirts! You walk over and start looking over the possibilities. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, somebody screams at you" love the shirt man!
          you acknowledge and return to viewing the concet shirts.
          Ah, but our fellow concert goer isn't quite finished with you.
          "Wanna sell it?"
          "Sure"
          "How much?"
          You look at the price of the new shirts and tell him, "you buy me a new one and you can have this one."
          He agrees, and you tell him which one you want.
          You immediately take off your shirt and present it to him as he throws you the brand new 1982 Van Halen concert shirt. Proudly you throw on the new shirt and display it to your girlfriend. She nods in acceptance.
          You are go to go!

You make your way to your seats and after saying hello to some of your buddies who also are attending the show, you sit your ass down.
          The place is just BUZZING with excitement! Chants of Eddie,Eddie and Dave, Dave, we love you echo in your ears! You look around and can't see a single seat open, the place must be sold out?

The lights go down!

And then, there it is again, that sweet smell of canibus lingering in the air once again. You give a chuckle of acceptance and a grin surrounds your face.

The place is pitch black

All of a sudden, Eddie hits that first note, everyone in the place is mezmerized! You look over at your girlfriend and she gives you a smile all the while your hand is resting on her crotch.

Out of nowhere Dave shows up and starts struttung his stuff like no one can, and there, Michael Anthony, and you can just barely see Alex behind his drums. You sit in ah, as Edward, Dave, Alex and Michael take you away into their world!
          All your dreams of to-nights concert running through your head coming true right before your eyes. Edward showing you why he is the best, Dave making sure you are not dissappointed and Michael and Alex right along them making sure to keep everything together.
          15 songs, one after the other, of heart pounding earth shaking, leave your mother at home,lock up the kids, rock n roll!

That is what it was like for me!

And as Dave said,"can't get this stuff no more!
          Last edited by jgdrag; 01-12-2007, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• eddie007
            Roadie
            • Sep 2005

Yeah...well put !!!!

I saw them open for Sabbath in 1978 at Richfield Coloseum in Cleveland.

Black Sabbath, until the day VH opened for them, was my favorite band.

The ass-whooping they put on Sabbath that day was the same as what just happened to my OSU BUCKEYES : (

Pure magic !!!!!

CVH RULES.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
              Commando
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by jgdrag
              Sorry you did not have the opportunity to witness Van Halen as I did in 1982. But it will never be the same unfortunately. But I can tell you of my experience. Pictue this

All day long your favourite radio station has been cranking Van Halen in anticipation of the evenings events. The day can't go quick enough for you. You have waited far too long for to-night! You find yourself looking at your watch every half hour. SHIT, too slow, but each hour is another hour closer. Finally it is time to go. You go and pick-up your girlfriend. She can see the excitement in your eyes and gives you a smile of acceptance.

Ah, here we go
              We jump into the car, she reaches for the volume knob, cranks it up to 11, ah,we are good to go!
              BAM, Eddie lays out the first note to Unchained!
              Your heart starts to beat a little quicker, your feet start tapping to the floor boards, suddenly your lips start to sing along to Dave's voice.
              You start to think, this is almost as good as sex. NOT!!
              Out of nowhere your girlfriend reaches into her purse and pulls out a finely rolled Columbian jount and some whiskey to wash it down to celebrate the evenings festivities. As you are driving to the show, you see other concert goers enjoying the same times you are having. AH, the days when it was safe to drink and drive.

Finally get to the show.
              The place is packed. The streets are a BUZZ with excitement.
              The streets are packed with Van Halen fanatics, everywhere you look, nothing but people. From one end of the street to the other, people screaming VAN HALEN, Van Halen.

You make your way through all of the concert goers proudly wearing your favourite Van Halen shirt with your girldriend right beside you, because you will need a witness after to-nights events. You make it through the door and grab a hold of your ticket, looking for your gate and seat number. Ok, there it is, but wait, they are selling concerts shirts just 10 feet from you!Shit, gotta get one of those shirts! You walk over and start looking over the possibilities. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, somebody screams at you" love the shirt man!
              you acknowledge and return to viewing the concet shirts.
              Ah, but our fellow concert goer isn't quite finished with you.
              "Wanna sell it?"
              "Sure"
              "How much?"
              You look at the price of the new shirts and tell him, "you buy me a new one and you can have this one."
              He agrees, and you tell him which one you want.
              You immediately take off your shirt and present it to him as he throws you the brand new 1982 Van Halen concert shirt. Proudly you throw on the new shirt and display it to your girlfriend. She nods in acceptance.
              You are go to go!

You make your way to your seats and after saying hello to some of your buddies who also are attending the show, you sit your ass down.
              The place is just BUZZING with excitement! Chants of Eddie,Eddie and Dave, Dave, we love you echo in your ears! You look around and can't see a single seat open, the place must be sold out?

The lights go down!

And then, there it is again, that sweet smell of canibus lingering in the air once again. You give a chuckle of acceptance and a grin surrounds your face.

The place is pitch black

All of a sudden, Eddie hits that first note, everyone in the place is mezmerized! You look over at your girlfriend and she gives you a smile all the while your hand is resting on her crotch.

Out of nowhere Dave shows up and starts struttung his stuff like no one can, and there, Michael Anthony, and you can just barely see Alex behind his drums. You sit in ah, as Edward, Dave, Alex and Michael take you away into their world!
              All your dreams of to-nights concert running through your head coming true right before your eyes. Edward showing you why he is the best, Dave making sure you are not dissappointed and Michael and Alex right along them making sure to keep everything together.
              15 songs, one after the other, of heart pounding earth shaking, leave your mother at home,lock up the kids, rock n roll!

That is what it was like for me!

And as Dave said,"can't get this stuff no more!
              Here is how I see it 2007. Before leaving for the show you get a blowjob from the wife, who convienently, lives with you. Very excited about the show, you jump into your car, which happens to be much nicer than the cars we had way back when. Instead of listening to a shitty cassette tape, you slide in a new copy of the remastered Fair Warning. When you decide to break out the 1st joint of the afternoon, it is a masterfly rolled, using kind bud of course, piece of artwork. You wash it down with Jack and take an extra big swig off the bottle because you got the wife driving. 16 years of marriage and in many situations, such as this one, I wear the pants. LOL When you arrive at the show, 5 hours early to party with the Army, in your area, everyone is crazy excited, because no one has seen these guys in 23 years. You go into the show and enjoy the best you get these days in Roth n Roll. Conclusion. It may not be the same for many reasons that we all know, but I say, Can get some new stuff in 07

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                Commando
                • Apr 2006

Hey JG, not being disrespectful at all, good post. Just trying to put some light into the situation in 2007. Peace.

Comment

• StretchOnBass
                  Groupie
                  • Oct 2006

I saw Dave with VH and Dave solo 4 times. I say, you can't get enough and you can't get it anywhere else.

Dave is the MAN!! He wrote the book of Front Man.

My fav was Cal Jam II and Dave with the Jack. He was real high.
                  They don't make em like they used to.

Comment

• jgdrag
                    Sniper
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
                    Hey JG, not being disrespectful at all, good post. Just trying to put some light into the situation in 2007. Peace.
                    No worries bud, I understand, only thing I have a problem with is that in 82, they were at the top of their game and sometimes things are better left as they were
                    Let's be honest, the boys haven't aged gracefully and I am afraid this could be the biggest joke of their career
                    And I was trying to tell them how my Van Halen experience was.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                      Commando
                      • Apr 2006

Unlike Van Hagar, I don't think these guys would do it, unless it was done right. It has been a long time, and if they can't get it right, musically, they should not do it.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2006

But, Dave and Ed together again? Could be magical.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

No Michael, no ELVIS...

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            No Michael, no ELVIS...
                            Maybe YOU should play bass then? You have to be better than a 15 year old kid.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2004

Like Dave said..."if Ed can find the building, anything is possible."
                              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

Working...