PDA

View Full Version : Vhtorch

frankfasteddie
01-11-2007, 05:35 AM
First Post so take it easy, when/if Dave gets this reunion going and its becomes official will the VH Internet Torch be lit if its not the 4 original members?

Thoughts comments

bueno bob
01-11-2007, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by frankfasteddie
First Post so take it easy, when/if Dave gets this reunion going and its becomes official will the VH Internet Torch be lit if its not the 4 original members?

Thoughts comments

Welcome aboard.

On to business -

NO!!

The ONLY way that torch should be lit is if the band "Van Halen" consists of David, Edward, Michael and Alex. Nobody else.

That's my opinion, anyway.

FORD
01-11-2007, 09:03 PM
That was the point of the torch. Of course back then, no other configuration was even thought possible. Eddie was known for doing a lot of crazy and stupid shit but nobody then ever considered that he would put his kid on stage.

LoungeMachine
01-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Welcome aboard.

On to business -

NO!!

The ONLY way that torch should be lit is if the band "Van Halen" consists of David, Edward, Michael and Alex. Nobody else.

That is not just your opinion. It is The Law.

Fines can reach into the millions.

Panamark
01-13-2007, 02:56 AM
I feel I should add a little input here.
For those that are new, the VH torch was my
idea all those years ago..

In my opinion, it should only be lit if the original
band reunites.

And I hold the lighter ! :)

Its not an Eddie & Dave reunion torch.
Its *THE* Van Halen reunion torch...

;)

frankfasteddie
01-13-2007, 05:18 AM
I was just curious. You know with the announcement of Wolfgang joining the band, which no sane person thought of for a reunion, that might inevitably crushed the hope of the Torch being lit.

2 things though notice I said SANE and we are dealing with lunatics and the other being on the brighter side were it not for Wolfgang we may never see Dave on stage singing with Eddie and Alex ever again.

It’s a shame the first thing I look at when I come to The Army is if that damn Torch is lit. Then I know its game on!!

intruder3906
01-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Welcome aboard.

On to business -

NO!!

Absolutely....origional four or forget it..

moose
01-13-2007, 01:51 PM
All 4 or nuthin!

Bo Nozos
01-14-2007, 06:30 PM
I won't lie, if it's DLR, Ed, Chimp and Wolf, I'm getting the best tickets I can afford.

But in my opinion the torch should not lit, because it's Edward's final "Fuck You" to the die-hard fans, and everyone knows it.

madraoul
01-14-2007, 09:28 PM
I've been a VH fan since '78, and I can honestly say that I can give a rat's ass who is on bass. Unless you are in the Police, I don't think the bass player matters much.

LoungeMachine
01-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by madraoul
I've been a VH fan since '78, and I can honestly say that I can give a rat's ass who is on bass. Unless you are in the Police, I don't think the bass player matters much.

Ridiculous.

But you're free to have that opinion.

:gulp:

Matt White
01-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
That is not just your opinion. It is The Law.

Fines can reach into the millions.

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN

SO LET IT BE DONE

Dave's PA Rental
01-14-2007, 09:54 PM
No torch...

No reunion...

But i'm going 'cause it's Dave and Ed...

vhrothfan
01-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by frankfasteddie

Thoughts comments

I was wondering the same thing.

vhrothfan
01-14-2007, 11:19 PM
If Dave and Ed get back together I say light the torch.

Vinnie Velvet
01-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Mike has made his bed with Sambo.

This is NOT the Mike Anthony we all loved in CVH.

His mind and soul has been polluted by Hagar.

For that, the torch should be lit and then shoved up bass player's ass!!!!
:mad:

Roy Munson
01-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Fuck Eddie Van Halen with a pipe wrench.

PlexiBrown
01-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Michael Anthony's bass playing won't be missed and especially that live "solo" but he needs to be there to make it right. I will still go check them out even if Teen Wolf is on bass though. If Eddie and Dave are there then so am I.

Vinnie Velvet
01-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
Fuck Micheal Anthony with a pipe wrench.

That's better.

:D

Tiki-Tom
01-18-2007, 01:11 AM
So what if Micheal Anthony isn't a great bass player, he still got the job done! It's all CVH or no torch light.