X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

African Lion Kisses, Hugs Woman Who Saved It

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.

People in Cali, Colombia, are shocked to see the bond between a large African lion and a woman who saved it from abuse, involving long, affectionate kisses and hugs between the pair.

Ana Julia Torres, who runs the Villa Lorena animal shelter in Cali, fed and nursed Jupiter the African lion back to health years ago after it was found abused and emaciated in a traveling circus.

"It is amazing to see an animal like that be so sweet and affectionate," said Torres. "This hug is the most sincere one that I have received in my life."

Torres, 47, said her work rehabilitating animals began more than a decade ago when a friend gave her an owl that had been kept as a pet.

Later, when she asked her students to bring their pets to school, she realized many families illegally kept wild fauna from Colombia's biologically diverse jungles in their homes.

The number of animals under her care grew, and now Jupiter is among 800 recovering creatures at Villa Lorena, where Torres looks after, among others, burned peacocks, limbless flamengos, blind monkeys and mutilated elephants.

Most of the animals are caged, though some, like iguanas, roam freely around the grounds of the shelter, which are enclosed by a 13-foot wall.

Torres said she relies on donations and her modest teacher's salary to run the shelter.

"We dedicate our lives to the care of these animals without one single peso from the state," Torres said.

Torres said many of the animals were rejected as infants by their parents in the wild or found abandoned on the streets of Cali.

Torres said because she opposes exhibiting animals in circuses, she decided to keep her shelter closed from the public.
  • blonddgirl777
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

This is soooooo cute!
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
    Originally posted by Nitro Express
    ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
    Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
    [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
    Originally posted by VanHalener
    ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
    Originally posted by FORD
    ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Wow...discovered a better pic by accident posted in another forum by rustoffa:

Comment

• blonddgirl777
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

He eaven has his eyes closed!
        ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
        ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• Last_Child
          Commando
          • Oct 2004

Nice!

That is really, really nice!
          "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

That's one grateful pussy.

Good story HR.Thanx for posting.
            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• SparkieD
              Veteran
              • Sep 2006

That is beautiful! And some people claim that animals don't have feelings.
              Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
              Originally posted by rustoffa
              Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

I dunno how in the hell people can claim that. Perhaps it is the people who have no feelings that think that way.

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                  I dunno how in the hell people can claim that. Perhaps it is the people who have no feelings that think that way.
                  Or people that don't like animals and pets...

When my cat gets up on the couch and purrs because I pet her...
                  When she purrs and meows just because I come back home after being long gone...
                  THER ARE feelings!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Shit...just lookit my dog when I get home every day.

The one thing about animals...especially pets: They love you unconditionally.

My sister had a wolf-hybrid named Tava. He died only 2 weeks ago at age 9. Smartest dog I ever knew. As far as I am concerned, he was my nephew.

His death was a huge blow, and last week was pretty miserable for me. Whenever I would go over to my sister's house, he would howl at me when I got there. Sister says he would not howl at any other time...just when I arrived there and he was happy to see me.

Ah well.

Life goes on. I will see him again someday in the Fields Of Elysium.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I saw part of that on the news, very touching. I can't deal with circus animals since I saw this video of a trainer "breaking" an elephant..this bastard was jabbing the thing with an electric cattle prod, and the poor elephant was CRYING...no shit, sobbing like a baby. I've never seen ANYTHING like it, and it completely changed my view as to whether animals have "feelings" or not...I wanted to KILL that fucking trainer...
                      Originally posted by conmee
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                      Originally posted by eddie78
                      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

Lionesses must be good lays - aren't they also called "bitches"?
                        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Lionesses must be good lays - aren't they also called "bitches"?

Jérôme!!! :eek:
                          You are mistaking with les tigresses... :p

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                            ... My sister had a wolf-hybrid named Tava. He died only 2 weeks ago at age 9. Smartest dog I ever knew. As far as I am concerned, he was my nephew.

His death was a huge blow, and last week was pretty miserable for me. Whenever I would go over to my sister's house, he would howl at me when I got there. Sister says he would not howl at any other time...just when I arrived there and he was happy to see me.

Ah well.

Life goes on. I will see him again someday in the Fields Of Elysium.
                            SORRY! I know how it feels to loose a beloved pet...

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Thanks. Heck, really is no 'pet' to it (as you well know).

More like loss of a valuable family member.

But you know what happens when someone you love dies?

Everything and everyone just keeps on going....

Comment

Working...