X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALMOSTsaved
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

How About Classic SNL Skits?

I think one of my favorite eras of Saturday Night Live was the Hartman, Farley, Rock, Spade and Sandler years. Here is a classic skit from that particular era. If anyone else has any particular favorite skits, how about posting them here for us to see.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AmM21leOGeg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AmM21leOGeg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Good luck finding a lot of them in YouTube NBC has some sort of "bot" scanning that site so any mention of "SNL", "Saturday Night Live" or "that show that NBC airs late on Saturday evenings" will get your videos pulled as soon as you can post them.

Of course, NBC is now posting their own clips, but as far as I know, it's only from recent shows.

Speaking of recent shows, about the only thing SNL has done in recent years that was truly funny was the "Barry Gibb Talk Show" skits. These are good enough to almost forgive Justin Timberlake for all the shitty music he's made.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HTwFCvLbieI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HTwFCvLbieI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Episode 1 - 2004

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vi5_qdj1UgU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vi5_qdj1UgU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Episode 2 - 2005

And god damn it if the NBC NAZIS haven't yanked episode III..... Bastards!
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

Damn, I hope they don't pull those Barry Gibb skits before I can watch them. Every time I go to play the video, my Lumberg-esque boss finds a way to linger around...Thanks for posting those!

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

One of my faves was when they had Strother Martin on there.

They were making fun of his role in the infamous P-farm movie "Cool Hand Luke", and he was reprising his role as the Warden, this time as "Le Capitan", at a summer total immersion French Language camp called Camp Beau Soleil. .

I found this script online....seeing Garret Morris mumbling French after being let out of the box was fucking grate!!! But then, of course, the classic moment was when he uttered that line.....

Camp Beau Soleil

Luke Johnson ..... Bill Murray
        Alvin Williams ..... Garrett Morris
        Claire ..... Jane Curtin
        La Capitan ..... Strother Martin
        Mr. Honeycut ..... Brian Doyle-Murray
        Campers ..... Gilda Radner, Tom Schiller, Peter Aykroyd, Matt Neuman
        Bounty Hunter ..... Tom Davis

[ FADE IN on two campers, Luke Johnson and Alvin Williams, standing alone outside a small cabin. They are wearing tight striped shirts and berets. A woman, Claire, comes out of the cabin in the same outfit ]

Claire: Bonjour, and welcome to Camp Beau Soleil. My name is Claire and I will be your head counselor. I think you'll find that at Camp Beau Soleil learning French can be fun. It may be a little hard at first, but don't worry. I'm sure that by the end of this summer, the two of you will be speaking French like natives. Oh, here's the camp director. We call him Le Capitan. Le Capitan.

[ Le Capitan and his assistant Mr. Honeycut come out of the cabin and stand on the porch. They are dressed like Southern sheriffs, and Mr. Honeycut is carrying a rifle ]

Le Capitan: A couple of new arrivals. Let's see what we got here ... (reads from a clipboard) ... Luke Johnson?

Luke Johnson: Yeah, that's me.

Le Capitan: It says here that you lived in Switzerland for three years. How is it that you don't speak French already?

Luke Johnson: I have this mental block. I can't learn languages. I have a note from my doctor.

Mr. Honeycut: When you talk to the captain, you address him as Le Capitan!

Le Capitan: Mental block? Well, this summer you're going to be totally immersed in the language of French people. You will eat like them, you will sleep like them, and when you leave here you're gonna talk like them. How about you ... (reads from clipboard) ... Alvin Williams.

Alvin Williams: (nervously) Hey man, I, I, uh, wasn't even supposed to be here, man. Uh, I was supposed to go to Music Camp but my parents, they forgot to sign me up in time.

Mr. Honeycut: Hey! Ferme le bouche!

Alvin Williams: Huh?

Le Capitan: Thank you, Mr. Honeycut. Now, while you're at Camp Beau Soleil you're going to follow the rules. Rule #1 - All berets must be worn on a slant. If your beret is not on a slant, you spend a night in the box. Rule #2 - No semi-soft cheeses in the bunks. Anyone eating brie or camembert or any of those other semi-soft cheeses spends a night in the box. Rule #3 - Use the formal "vous" when addressing your counselors and staff. Anyone using the familiar "tu" spends a night in the box.

Claire: A night in the box can be very uncomfortable. Listen: Une nuit dans la boîte est très inconfortable.

Le Capitan: If you follow the rules, we'll get along fine. Now, I can be a nice guy or I can be one real mean son of a bitch.

Claire: Son of a bitch: Fils d'une chienne.

Le Capitan: From here on in you will speak French. Here at Camp Beau Soleil, only I speak English.

Alvin Williams: Hey man, that's not fair. I ain't speaking no French, man. I'm here for, you know, the fresh air.

Le Capitan: Mr. Williams, I can see right now that your mind ain't right, and a man can't learn a foreign language when his mind ain't right. Mr. Honeycut, take him to the box.

[ Mr. Honeycut takes Alvin by the arm and leads him off-screen ]

Le Capitan: And you, new meat, I hope you ain't gonna be any trouble. I'll see you at the movie tonight. Miss Claire here will lead you to your bunk and show you how to use the bidet.

[ CUT to Mr. Honeycut and Alvin at the box, a small structure that looks like a doghouse with "LE BOX" painted on it. Mr. Honeycut unlocks the door ]

Alvin Williams: Hey, where are you taking me, man?

Mr. Honeycut: You backsassed Le Capitan. You gonna spend a night in the box.

[ Mr. Honeycut hands Alvin a bucket and a tape recorder ]

Mr. Honeycut: Here's your bucket. Here's your headset. The dialogue tapes are in there.

[ Alvin climbs into the box and Honeycut locks him in. Inside the box, Alvin is listening to the instructional tapes in horror ]

Voice On Tape: "Hello Jean, how are you?" "Bounjour Jean, comment allez-vous?"

Alvin Williams: Oh no. Oh no!

[ DISSOLVE to several campers sitting in a small room with a projector, watching a movie. They laugh constantly. Luke sits in the back and starts talking to the camper sitting next to him (Gilda Radner) ]

Luke Johnson: They didn't have to put him in the box his first day.

Camper: Shh! Le film, le film!

Luke Johnson: Aw, forget it. What's the big deal about Jerry Lewis, huh? I don't see the point of this.

Camper: Silence! (speaks French, imitates Jerry Lewis)

Luke Johnson: They're not getting me to speak French. It's a dying language. I don't care how good the sauces are, the food stinks! I'm getting out of here. Look at this ... (takes out a brouchure) Here's a camp, Camp Mowaga. Look at the facilities! Canoeing, hiking, horseback riding, all the instructions are in English! That's where I'm going! I'm running away tonight.

[ Luke takes a huge loaf of French bread and takes a bite. He slowly sneaks out unnotices as the other campers continue to watch the Jerry Lewis film ]

[ DISSOLVE to the next day, outside the small cabin. Claire comes out ringing a bell ]

Claire: Bounjour campers! Le Capitan wishes to speak with you all.

[ All of the campers, except for Alvin and Luke, are gathered together as Le Capitan comes out of the cabin ]

Le Capitan: Bounjour, campers.

Campers: Bounjour, le capitan!

Le Capitan: Well, it seems that last night one of you got a little rabbit in their blood and decided to take off. Don't worry, he won't get far. No one has ever gotten out of here without a thorough knowledge of conversational French. Ain't that right, Mr. Williams?

[ Alvin Williams walks out the cabin like a robot and drones couple of French phrases before joining the other campers ]

[ Two Southern-accented bounty hunters enter with poodles instead of bloodhounds ]

Bounty Hunter: They got him, captain! They're bringing him in now.

[ Mr. Honeycut drags Luke back to the camp, his clothes torn and dirty, his wrists in handcuffs ]

Mr. Honeycut: We caught him about five miles down the road, headed for Camp Mowaga.

Le Capitan: Camp Mowaga. What in the hell did you think you'd do there, boy? Make a few lanyards? Get a junior life saving badge? That's not much to show for your whole summer, is it?

Luke Johnson: Maybe not. But at least you don't have to wear those European swim trunks that are cut so that they don't leave anything to the imagination.

[ Mr. Honeycut pokes Luke in the stomach with the butt of his rifle ]

Le Capitan: Luke ...(holds up a picture of a cartoon cat)... how big is the cat?

Luke Johnson: (long pause) It's a little cat.

[ Honeycut hits Luke in the head with a piece of wood ]

Le Capitan: Luke, how big is the cat?

Luke Johnson: It's a little, bitty cat.

[ Honeycut hits Luke even harder, making him fall to his knees ]

Le Capitan: What we got here is a failure to communicate bi-lingually! Le chat es petite! HOW BIG IS THE CAT?

Luke Johnson: Le chat es petite.

Le Capitan: AGAIN!

[ Honeycut hits Luke again ]

Luke Johnson: Le chat es petite.

Le Capitan: There now. That wasn't so bad, was it? You see, everybody? What we had here was a boy whose mind wasn't right. It may take a while, but we will get his mind right. First he'll master the grammar, then he'll get the vocabulary, and he'll come along good. And before you know it, he'll be more French than the French. Miss Claire, why don't you lead all of the campers in a little song?

Mr. Honeycut: Oh, "Frere Jacques" mon favorite.

[ Claire blows a note from a harmonica and leads the campers in a rendition of "Frere Jacques". Text appears on-screen, read by Don Pardo ]

Don Pardo (V/O): Recent Congressional Sub-Committee hearings have led to an investigation into the dangers of teaching foreign languages in a camping environment. Camp Beau Soleil has since been converted to a camp for chubby children. Interested parents may call toll free 555-3872.

[ APPLAUSE ]

[ FADE ]
        Last edited by Hardrock69; 01-16-2007, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

I have never seen that skit! I must find it!

Comment

• Douglas T.
            Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Probably dating myself here:
            <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4CA4POuuq5M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4CA4POuuq5M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• Douglas T.
              Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by FORD
              Speaking of recent shows, about the only thing SNL has done in recent years that was truly funny was the "Barry Gibb Talk Show" skits. These are good enough to almost forgive Justin Timberlake for all the shitty music he's made.....
              Yep ... Limbertake was in rare form that night! One of the funniest SNL's in a while! they was using him every chance they could! That skit where he was a cup of coffee or something, I remember that being funny too!

Comment

• Coyote
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

"Samurai Deli".
                Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• MAPRamone
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Douglas T.
                  Probably dating myself here:
                  <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4CA4POuuq5M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4CA4POuuq5M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                  ZAPPA!
                  dm/dt=kA (Cs-C)

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

I received an E Mail from YouTube last night saying NBC had filed an "infringement" complaint regarding my uploaded "Disfunctional Family Feud" video and had removed it. Seriously, does NBC have people hired to surf the YouTube trenches to find anything and everything SNL related? If so, I WANT THAT JOB! I'd only report the really shitty skits.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Hey, you can always zip into a zip file and post it at Rapidshare.....NBC would never be able to delete it then....

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

This is true. But you can't embed one of those here or on MySpace can you?

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                          Commando
                          • Apr 2006

I always dug Billy Crystal's "Fernando's Hideaway" skits. Wish I could find those on the net.

" as you can see, the booth is empty, and I am very upset. I don't feel marvelous. I look marvelous, but I don't feel marvelous. Which is hokie-dokie for me, because, as you know, my credo is "It is better to look good than to feel good." You know what I am saying, and you know who you are".

SNL was so great years ago. I can't sit thru five minutes of the newer shit.
                          [

Comment

• Douglas T.
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=5619097745224237454&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

Comment

• Douglas T.
                              Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=1041308024487251942&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

Comment

Working...