PDA

View Full Version : Will Ed be more under control with Roth?

Marcus
01-25-2007, 09:51 PM
We all know what happened in '04. Specifically, with Ed and his playing. Do you think Roth can have a positive effect on Ed's playing for this tour? I mean, Roth wouldn't want to look like a fool up there.

My answer is yes, Roth will (hopefully) bring out the best in him. Maybe Ed is the type that needs a kick in the ass, and DLR is just the one to do it.

Matt White
01-25-2007, 09:58 PM
I'd be happier if DAVE kicked him in the teeth.......

Seshmeister
01-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Marcus

My answer is yes, Roth will (hopefully) bring out the best in him. Maybe Ed is the type that needs a kick in the ass, and DLR is just the one to do it.

I think he tried that in 1985, I don't see how it will work now.

Roth & Roll
01-25-2007, 10:17 PM
The only person who will yield any "control" over Meth-ED is Wolfgang. If he still has a decent bone in his body he won't want to make himself look like an incompetent fool in front of his son.

Marcus
01-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Then this is liable to fall apart at anytime, just like it has in the past.

But if the reports are true that DLR has signed on, then what's to stop this from becoming a train wreck? Ed having his kid in the band is strange enough. If pops can't even play the songs and acts like a world class space cadet as he did in '04...then it could get ugly.

Isaac R.
01-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
I'd be happier if DAVE kicked him in the teeth.......
Aww...No.
He`s just had them fixed:D

Terry
01-25-2007, 10:54 PM
of COURSE this thing is liable to fall through at anytime. That's part of the fun of it! It's a LONG way to go until May, and Ed has essentially said that the Van Halens are going on the road this year, with or without Dave...now THERE'S a ringing endorsement for how much they seem to want Dave back: "If you wanna play with us, let's go. If not, we'll get someone else".

Roth has just made a huge leap of faith hooking up with the Van Halens. I'd like to think he'd bail if Ed weren't up to snuff. But Dave ain't gonna turn to Ed and say "get your shit together". That dynamic of Roth being the leader is LONG GONE. The best Dave can hope for is that Ed takes it seriously. If Ed starts fucking up, only recourse Dave has is to bail...again.

LoungeMachine
01-25-2007, 10:56 PM
For those waiting for the WORLD'S DUMBEST RHETORICAL QUESTION THREAD.....

your wait is over.

:gulp:

binnie
01-26-2007, 03:06 AM
I don't think anyone can control Ed these days...

jgdrag
01-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Hopefully Wolfie telling Eddie to get Dave has woken up Ed?

Marcus
01-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Let's hope.

Jay45
01-26-2007, 10:27 PM
"That dynamic of Roth being the leader is LONG GONE. The best Dave can hope for is that Ed takes it seriously. If Ed starts fucking up, only recourse Dave has is to bail...again."

A communion of equals is what its about.Will there be tension? Probably.Can it be overcome? Without a doubt. A gut feeling says these fellows might see this as themselves against the world.With all of them having a lot to prove.Especially Jr. Given the circumstances,If Dave and Eddie circle the wagons, come out swinging and work this thing right, the ground will tremble, again!" And all the pretenders were swept away".

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Dave will bring out the best in Ed. Question is , what level is his best?

Marcus
01-27-2007, 12:28 AM
It would be brutal if he played like he did at most shows in '04.

You know Dave has standards, and no way he wants to be embarassed up there. Maybe having Wolf there will make Ed be more professional this time around.

rustoffa
01-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Marcus
Maybe having Wolf there will make Ed be more professional this time around.

Maybe Chuck Mangione will come out and get his head caved in with a French horn? Fuck professionalism.

Thoughts?
:confused:

vhrothfan
01-27-2007, 09:30 PM
I think Roth and the Van Halens will be living separately on the tour. I think they will have separate planes,limos,dressing rooms and only be together on stage or for interviews.