PDA

View Full Version : Would You Still Buy VH Tickets if Michael Anthony is on Bass?

Nickdfresh
01-25-2007, 10:16 PM

"Everything is up in the air," Eddie Van Halen tells Rolling Stone. "We don't want to say anything prematurely." He suggested that the band is waiting on Roth: "People know where we are and that we're making music. Whoever wants to come up can join us — they're welcome." But the famously contentious group may already be having communication problems. The source replies, "Dave is ready. He's been ready."

From: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=65898

People seem to be ignoring this from the latest Ed-speak. I'm beginning to think that there is no way Wolfie is on bass for the tour. It's been a hunch for a while. God, I hope it's the original line-up...

jhale667
01-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Right there with ya on that...

LoungeMachine
01-25-2007, 10:46 PM
All spED cares about is that the world knows HE'S calling the shots.

Mikey, you better apologize, beg my forgiveness, and be my bitch and I might, just might......let you play in my band.

-EVH

Nevermind the guy put up with this egowad for 30 years.

Terry
01-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
From: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=65898

People seem to be ignoring this from the latest Ed-speak. I'm beginning to think that there is no way Wolfie is on bass for the tour. It's been a hunch for a while. God, I hope it's the original line-up...

I'm hoping so, too.

Matt White
01-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Stranger things have happened.....though ED & DAVE wanted to replace Bass Player back in the early 80's with Billy Sheehan.....SHEMP stopped that...........

Yup...I'd camp out in this FREEZING weather to get tickets to a 100% CLASSIC VAN HALEN REUNION gig.........

FORD
01-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Reportedly, Dave refused to bring Mikey out on stage in 2002 (despite the fact that Hagar was doing so, and Sobolewski was willing to play with both bands) because he didn't want any half-assed reunions. He was still holding out for the real thing.

I'm hoping Dave has been able to talk some sense into Eddie about doing this damn tour (and Hall of Fame show) right, with all 4 of them on stage.

Dave's whole angle about the reunion tour has been "we don't have to be best friends, let's just be professionals about it and play some fucking music". Logically they only way to do that is to include Sauce Boy and NOT to break in a child with a veteran rock band appearing in front of rabid fans who have waited 23 fucking years for this moment.

Are there any verified reports or footage from today which would clarify WHO signed the deals??

Matt White
01-25-2007, 11:26 PM
I just can't see Mama von Halen going for this one....the kids still a minor...I bet she has a say in this one

THE WOLF...out on the road with chemical daredevil dad...fecal-freak uncle Shemp...and the DIRTIEST PLAYER IN THE GAME......the "Pussy-hound Heavyweight Champion of the Universe...."......."Have no fear...I heard ya missed me...DIAMOND IS HERE!"

Perhaps not the GRATEST environment for a 16 year old boy.............

Plexi Head
01-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Reportedly, Dave refused to bring Mikey out on stage in 2002 (despite the fact that Hagar was doing so, and Sobolewski was willing to play with both bands) because he didn't want any half-assed reunions. He was still holding out for the real thing.

Class act.

diamondD
01-26-2007, 12:17 AM
Just grow up, plug in, and play. Reward the people who gave you the life and legacy you have and just do it. Jesus Christ...

SNIPER
01-26-2007, 12:26 AM
I do not care who the fuck is on bass at this point! I will be buying tix for at least 3 of the shows as soon as they go on sale. I am pumped and wouldnt miss Ed and Dave on tour together for anything!!

vhrothfan
01-26-2007, 01:16 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ioV0qy88lCg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ioV0qy88lCg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Diamond David Lee Roth (http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.blogspot.com)

DLRdelight!
01-26-2007, 01:44 AM
mike must be there he just has to. and whats the whole story behind wanting to kick mike out in the 80s ???

bueno bob
01-26-2007, 02:13 AM
Well, I've been saying all that for a while. Honestly, kids, I don't think Wolfgang's "in" per se...I am willing to lay good money down on the notion that the reason they haven't made any official announcement yet is:

1. Money arrangements;

2. Negotiations with Mike (probably brought on by David)

We'll see...a LOT can happen before anything "happens", so to speak.

bantonelli
01-26-2007, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Well, I've been saying all that for a while. Honestly, kids, I don't think Wolfgang's "in" per se...I am willing to lay good money down on the notion that the reason they haven't made any official announcement yet is:

1. Money arrangements;

2. Negotiations with Mike (probably brought on by David)

We'll see...a LOT can happen before anything "happens", so to speak.

I'm going with BB on this and yet, I'm not sure why?:confused:

sadaist
01-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Matt White

Perhaps not the GRATEST environment for a 16 year old boy.............

Not if you ask a 16 year old.

fryingdutchman
01-26-2007, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Wouldn't that just be the shit?

What if the big story in all of this turns out to be MICHAEL FUCKIN' ANTHONY!!?!?!?!

Obviously the DLR reunion is the big thing...but it's starting to get a lot of attention deflected away by the whole "What about Mike?" thing.

It would be funny if the guy who was always lingering in the shadows turns out to be front and center in this whole thing...

bueno bob
01-26-2007, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by bantonelli
I'm going with BB on this and yet, I'm not sure why?:confused:

Well, because you're pretty fuckin' smart, obviously.

:)

binnie
01-26-2007, 05:39 AM
I'm hoping that they all realise its "now or never" and just get on with it.

I think everyone would like to see Mike there, just to have the complete picture.

But when the tour is announced from an offical source, they're gonna have to tell us, right?

bueno bob
01-26-2007, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by binnie
But when the tour is announced from an offical source, they're gonna have to tell us, right?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

binnie
01-26-2007, 06:45 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I know, I started laughing after I posted it!

ULTRAMAN VH
01-26-2007, 07:56 AM
The Diamond One is an X rated kind of guy and I can't see him being forced to put on a G rated show because Ed wants his little boy on stage. The little boy bass player would ruin DLR'S on stage antics, thats for sure. For cryin out loud Ed, wise up and give the people that made you rich what they want. The original VH!!!!!!!!!!

cman
01-26-2007, 09:17 AM
mikie gets ripped for going out and playing with sam??!! come on, what's he supposed to do - sit around and be wasted like ed all day? he did the right move - should tell ed and al to fuck off even he does get invited to play. the whole tour is going to be a fuckin joke anyway, no thanks, not interested in helping to pay for ed and al's divorces.

Vinnie Velvet
01-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by cman
mikie gets ripped for going out and playing with sam??!! come on, what's he supposed to do - sit around and be wasted like ed all day? he did the right move - should tell ed and al to fuck off even he does get invited to play. the whole tour is going to be a fuckin joke anyway, no thanks, not interested in helping to pay for ed and al's divorces.

Of ALL the fucking people out there to play with, OF ALL OF THEM, Mike just had to play with Sammy!

WHY?????!!!

There are others.

binnie
01-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Of ALL the fucking people out there to play with, OF ALL OF THEM, Mike just had to play with Sammy!

WHY?????!!!

There are others.

Exactly.

Hell, he could have started his own band...

Jérôme Frenchise
01-26-2007, 11:23 AM
The hell with the original bass-footman/squeaker!

Two hot backing vocalists in short dresses and stockings would do a thousand times as much!
You'd get in-tune vocals, and whoever it is on bass couldn't play it less well than that cunt who's never stopped worshipping the fat red dwarf right since the beginning. :mad:

fryingdutchman
01-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
The Diamond One is an X rated kind of guy and I can't see him being forced to put on a G rated show because Ed wants his little boy on stage. The little boy bass player would ruin DLR'S on stage antics, thats for sure. For cryin out loud Ed, wise up and give the people that made you rich what they want. The original VH!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Shit!

This must be a sign of the apocalypse! Or a sign that the reunion is for real!

I actually agree with Ultraqueer!!!

Well said.

And Happy Birthday, you pain in my ass.

fryingdutchman
01-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Fuck...

I'm taking my 7 year old son to the show...with the understanding that he may hear some nasty shit!

But it probably wouldn't be much worse than what he hears from his old man from time to time.

Roy Munson
01-26-2007, 12:12 PM
I guarantee you that Mike will NOT be a part of this.

cman
01-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

WHY?????!!!

There are others.

seems like they're really good friends and it was just a natural thing to do.

fryingdutchman
01-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by cman
....it was just a natural thing to do.

So is taking a shit.

But it's still disgusting and distasteful.

But it seems to sum up what it must be like to play with the Round Mound of Crap Sound.

bueno bob
01-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Realistically, for just a moment?

Nobody would give two shits about a Michael Anthony solo project. People weren't exactly chaffing at the bit when he was 'thinking' about it in the Right Now video, remember?

Joining Hagar was just a natural progression, considering they were always joined at the hip anyway.

Sucks, but...welcome to Van Halen...

LoungeMachine
01-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Exactly.

Hell, he could have started his own band...

And spED would have pitched a bitch about THAT.

Fine Mikey, you want to go solo? Go.

But you can't be in MY band then :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
01-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Realistically, for just a moment?

Nobody would give two shits about a Michael Anthony solo project.

Realistically, I wouldn't give a shit about a EVH solo project for that matter.

The only time I care to see/hear him is with the YIN to his YANG holding center stage.

Christ Himself could come down from the mount and join spED and I wouldn't bother....

Well, maybe just to see if He could still hit the high notes. ;)

pjvan
01-26-2007, 05:59 PM
The best thing old Bass Player can do if he wants in is:

1. Tell Spam to Fuck Off and announce in public he has broken off his engagement to the Fat Fucker...

2. Say your sorry and inform Edster he will play for $5.00 a show.

I think that would do it. Off course Edster is a dick so who knows.

hideyoursheep
01-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Denounce Sam 3 times before the cock crows during the induction ceremony and give hand release to Ed at the podium during the attempted speech.

ULTRAMAN VH
01-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Holy Shit!

This must be a sign of the apocalypse! Or a sign that the reunion is for real!

I actually agree with Ultraqueer!!!

Well said.

And Happy Birthday, you pain in my ass.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Character Assassin. Hope all is well in pretzel country. I would really have reservations about spending some big cash on a 15 year old kid filling in for a seasoned veteran bass player. It would really hinder the party atmosphere that Classic VH was so famous for.

jhale667
01-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Honestly, I can't believe there's actually a debate going on amongst the powers that be whether or not it should be the original line-up. "This is not rocket science!" to quote the man himself. :mad:

And Happy B-day, Mr. VP!! :D

Diamondjimi
01-27-2007, 01:26 PM
The title of this thread is a no brainer. Who ]would'nt] buy a ticket.!? Part of this tour will be watching for cracks in the surface.
Waiting for the wheels to fall off , so to speak.

The fact that Edwards load is scheduled to play bass on this tour makes the whole thing almost laughable ...