PDA

View Full Version : Can we light the Van Halen reunion torch yet?

WARF
01-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Can we finally light the reunion torch that has been on our main page since 2000?

Or do I have to startup the Diamond Mafia again? :D

LoungeMachine
01-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Van Halen has reunited?

All four original members?

Cool.

:gulp:

Grate pic in your sig, brother WARF.

;)

WARF
01-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Eddie said it best...
You can't be in TWO bands!

If he wants to go on the "Beaches: The Musical" tour...
Let them have each other!

WARF
01-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Of course Gary is gonna miss the rock n' roll hall of fame...
He's tied up doing the vagina monolgues!!

Guitar Shark
01-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by WARF
Eddie said it best...

Unless, of course, "You" is Edward...

It's perfectly acceptable for Edward to collaborate with other musicians. Mike is the only one who cannot.

Eddie Law 1.47.

LoungeMachine
01-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Eddie said it best...

That's a crock of spED ego shit, and you know it. :cool:

LoungeMachine
01-25-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Unless, of course, "You" is Edward...

It's perfectly acceptable for Edward to collaborate with other musicians. Mike is the only one who cannot.

Eddie Law 1.47.

Fucking exactly.

The irony of WARF's sig pic while dismissing CVH's only lineup is shattering.

WARF
01-25-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
The irony of WARF's sig pic while dismissing CVH's only lineup is shattering.

I'm okay for dismissing Mikey out of Van Halen.
As long as I don't dismiss the other picture in my signature. :)

Seriously though, I wanna see the original lineup more than anybody... but if Mikey wants to be the male Caucasian version of Mona... more than being in Van Halen. So be it. It's very disappointing... Anthony's background vocals were the backbone of the group... but I heard there may be a new album in the works... and if that's the case... I will support any project David Lee Roth is in.

Uga Buga
01-25-2007, 11:27 PM
What does the flame look like?

madraoul
01-25-2007, 11:34 PM

Seriously though, I wanna see the original lineup more than anybody... but if Mikey wants to be the male Caucasian version of Mona... more than being in Van Halen. So be it. It's very disappointing... Anthony's background vocals were the backbone of the group... but I heard there may be a new album in the works... and if that's the case... I will support any project David Lee Roth is in.

5 star post here. Singing in a high key and hitting the same note on your bass over and over doesn't exactly make you the second coming of Stanley Clarke. Let Mona play bass. It'll be funny as hell and no one will notice anyway.

knuckleboner
01-25-2007, 11:59 PM
eh...it's not that mike wants to play in another band. you KNOW mike wants to tour and play. it took ed forever to decide that's what he wanted to do in 2004. so prior to that, mike played. with sam, with the punks. mike would've played with dave if dave wanted to.

after the 2004 tour, ed shut it down again. so mike went out and played. but when ed decided to play again, this time he has his 15 year old son. ed decided he wanted to play with him. ok, i can understand that; he's a dad. but it means dicking over mike. so ed says that mike left the band on his own and that wolfgang can play.

so what does mike do? go begging ed to let him play on the tour? hell, mike knows ed wants to play with his kid. so there's a good chance that if mike goes begging, he's still going to get shut down.

who knows, maybe mike DID beg. but you couple the fact that ed's shown in the past that he has thin skin with the fact that he legitimately probably wants to play with his son, and mike likely never stood a chance.

all's i know is that if wolf goes out on tour with dave, i hope that at some point, dave takes the JD bottle and pours a little out onto the stage.

Mt. Krakalak
01-26-2007, 02:59 AM
Maybe the torch could be moved towards the top of the page? Ya know, in anticipation of being lit very soon.
Helps build the suspense a little.
Feel the adrenalin?

bueno bob
01-26-2007, 03:24 AM
Actually, I think my sig picture is the best.

No offense to Warf, obviously... :D

fryingdutchman
01-26-2007, 05:24 AM
Nope...you can't light it yet.

I know it's a "Dave" torch, but I think that it was created in the spirit of a full "original member" reunion with Dave.

I don't think anyone expected to be blindsided with the bassplayer vs. Wolfie drama...but now that it's happened I think that it affects the torchlighting "criteria."

I also think that I have overthought the shit out of this and need to get a life...

:)

Vinnie Velvet
01-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Fuck the torch thing.

It was fucking gay to begin with.

Seems like a Hagar thing to do.

"Light the torch and let's sing Dreams!"

:rolleyes:

VanHalener
01-26-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
Nope...you can't light it yet.

I know it's a "Dave" torch, but I think that it was created in the spirit of a full "original member" reunion with Dave.

I don't think anyone expected to be blindsided with the bassplayer vs. Wolfie drama...but now that it's happened I think that it affects the torchlighting "criteria."

I also think that I have overthought the shit out of this and need to get a life...

:)

You said a mouthful there and I have to agree.

Life will not be complete without seeing THE REAL VAN HALEN on stage jamming together again. (with special guest "WOLFGANG" )

This just is not going to happen because of egos, booze, drugs and selfishness.

I'll see them without Mike.BUT IT'S F#@*NG WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come show time we will all know who's fault it is if the torch cannot be lit.

VanHalener
01-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Ed and Mike may never have been best of friends, but they were friends once.

Time to kiss and make up boys. The fans want what they want.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m78cluRn34c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m78cluRn34c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>:matrix:

Vinnie Velvet
01-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by vanhalener
Ed and Mike may never have been best of friends, but they were friends once.

Time to kiss and make up boys. The fans want what they want.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m78cluRn34c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m78cluRn34c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>:matrix:

Give it up, dude.

Sauce boy aint gonna be there.

He's too busy with Sambo.

Steve Savicki
01-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Uga Buga
What does the flame look like?
Who knows, the torch would be lit for the first time.

TheArchitect
01-26-2007, 11:09 AM

Mike was playing when VH was doing NOTHING. Eddie tossed him because he is a self centered prick who expects everyone to be loyal to VH except himself.

Ed's bullshit "you can't be in 2 bands" is nonsense. Its another in a long line of excuses to try to justify his his pitifull and petty actions

frankfasteddie
01-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Fuck Mike aka Bassplayer....he wasn't going to be in the reunion with Fat Sam and for that matter Ed hasn't been keen on this guy since 81. He said then he brings nothing to the table and "at least Dave carries his own weight around here." I am tired of reading the same shit how Bassplayer wants to tour and he is not going to sit around and wait for the sisters to go tour, how about you fucking bring some new shit to them and say hey here is what I came up with SPed, take a listen, like a real fucking musician. No not him he is out selling hot wing sauce fuck you go play with fat Sam. If that guy had and ounce of skill and a brain he would have backed Dave when he left but the fact is Dave said the same thing fuck off, Dave did it in 85 he is just a helluva a lot smarter then the sisters. Take a look at his bassplayer Billy Sheenan who runs circles around that open E chord playing wing sauce slinging lotto winning EX bassplayer!!!!!!

i'm done now sorry

Jay45
01-26-2007, 10:17 PM
"i'm done now sorry"

Don't be, you stated the case perfectly imnsho!

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-26-2007, 11:39 PM
As far as the torch being lit. It's up to Panamark, and I believe the answer is not unless it's all four.

vhrothfan
01-27-2007, 01:05 AM
The torch will never be lit.

Vinnie Velvet
01-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by frankfasteddie
Fuck Mike aka Bassplayer....he wasn't going to be in the reunion with Fat Sam and for that matter Ed hasn't been keen on this guy since 81. He said then he brings nothing to the table and "at least Dave carries his own weight around here." I am tired of reading the same shit how Bassplayer wants to tour and he is not going to sit around and wait for the sisters to go tour, how about you fucking bring some new shit to them and say hey here is what I came up with SPed, take a listen, like a real fucking musician. No not him he is out selling hot wing sauce fuck you go play with fat Sam. If that guy had and ounce of skill and a brain he would have backed Dave when he left but the fact is Dave said the same thing fuck off, Dave did it in 85 he is just a helluva a lot smarter then the sisters. Take a look at his bassplayer Billy Sheenan who runs circles around that open E chord playing wing sauce slinging lotto winning EX bassplayer!!!!!!

i'm done now sorry

That was beautiful, man.

WARF
01-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Actually, I think my sig picture is the best.

No offense to Warf, obviously... :D

Those are some pale ass titties...
They need to be nuked in the microwave for 30 seconds...