PDA

View Full Version : Ticket prices

Ellyllions
01-26-2007, 10:16 AM
I'd say face value will start at -/+ $300 and go down. I see lawn seats close to $100 per.

What do you think?

LoungeMachine
01-26-2007, 10:24 AM
I think they will be what they'll be.

And people will bitch and moan regardless....

*Editor's note*

I think we may be reaching now for topics. What's next? Gripes about parking?

Putting this kind of tour together aint cheap. A whole lotta fingers in the pie.

Break it down this way if it helps.

$15.00 per song to see the original 4 play [for the first time ever in many people's lives]

However, if it's "Three and Half Men" up there, then PT Barnum will be laughing from the grave.

:gulp:

Ellyllions
01-26-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm not bitching about ticket prices.

I know this show is going to be expensive for everyone involved. I just thought it might be fun to open a dialogue about what everyone thinks the ticket prices will be, because it will be an expensive tour.

If you think it's a lame topic, I won't be offended if you or any other mod were to delete it. It's not personal.

LoungeMachine
01-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions

If you think it's a lame topic, I won't be offended if you or any other mod were to delete it. It's not personal.

One man's lame is another's Gold. :D

People are willing to speculate on every bit of minutia regarding this spectacle, as is their right.

Don't let my :rolleyes: affect you, EL.

:gulp:

Ellyllions
01-26-2007, 10:33 AM
It's ok to be "meh" today, Lounge.
It'll clear up soon. You'll be smiting people again another day.

VanHalener
01-26-2007, 10:46 AM
I'll pay what I have to pay to get into the Pavillion, but if it does not include parking I'm gonna sneak in on foot.

There Lounge, I threw it in instead of making the Parking issue a thread.

:cool:

Jérôme Frenchise
01-26-2007, 11:05 AM
I would pay the $300 (230 euros) for CVH reunited. Plus the flight and the stay. If they aren't to cross the ocean to Western Europe, as I'm afraid...
I would do that for no other band on earth. In fact I think I would pay almost any price to witness that. :cool:

Ellyllions
01-26-2007, 11:09 AM
If the NC show is here in Raleigh, I may have to throw a party.....

hmm....

DLRISVH7884
01-26-2007, 06:03 PM
I can't wait until Tickets go on sale for the MN show

Mad_Mike
01-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
I would pay the $300 (230 euros) for CVH reunited. Plus the flight and the stay. If they aren't to cross the ocean to Western Europe, as I'm afraid...
I would do that for no other band on earth. In fact I think I would pay almost any price to witness that. :cool:
I would do it too. ;)
I will go to Boston for holidays this summer. I'll see when VH will come in there and i'll book my plane ticket then. :D

Va Beach VH Fan
01-26-2007, 09:20 PM
The key point is the backstage packages....

Serious clams for those....

Terry
01-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Well, Roth and the Van Halens are basically cashing out, and I suspect this is gonna be one-shot deal, and Van Hagar 2004 were supposedly getting a per-show guarantee somewhere between 500 to 750k - playing arenas that held an average of roughly 10,000 people, and that tours ticket prices started at about $100 a pop if I remember correctly...

And I'd have to imagine, even without Mike, that they're gonna ask for a million per-show...

So if they play in the same size venues, it's gonna be about $150 per ticket for the promoters to make a decent profit.

I'll go $100 to 150 per ticket if I go. If it's $200 and up as the starting benchmark for Van Wolfie, thanks but no thanks. Even with Mike IN the band, that price would be a stretch. Gets to a point where, well...sure, maybe you can't put a price on actually being there if it's a band you totally dig, but there's also a point where one is just being bent over to fill someone else's greed, be it the promoters or the performers.

rustoffa
01-27-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions

This is probably the most self-sacrificial post I've seen in a long time. Kudos to you ellywhateverthefuck. No disrespect, but that's one helluva cuntbersome username. :)

Seriously, I'd like to point out just how much certain folks don't give a fuck, with ellywhateverthefuck's manifesto being the prime example!

Can't we all get past the vendetta-ridden climate of current affairs?

No.

We can't.

There is something we, as a community, can do though....

Tell everyone to just delete everything. Like, just don't even fucking log-the-fuck-on!

That's right folks, in one all-encuntpassing swoop? Deletion and personal grievances are solved.

Think of it this way:

I can go out to check the mail, and blow my head off. It's strictly inter-personal, and I won't make an asshat of myself on the goddamned forums!
:)

Binky
01-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Lol normally I'd sit and roll me eyes and think "here we go again, more rock stars trying to be gold miners" but I won't. The way I see it this time this is going to be expensive because of the risk factor involved and they can so easily lose all their money over this. That is why this time I won't mind. Personally I would prefer to see Dave on his own.

It's funny though because when Simon and Garfunkel toured they charged (in the UK) about £40-£80 or something face value (I really can't remember, I know I paid £40 for mine back row) and so many people complained about the ticket prices, yet some people spent $1000 on tickets alone to see them many times. If that was Iron Maiden yeah, but Simon and Garfunkel? lol Anyway, it paid for their pensions and gold mines so whatever. The point I'm making is people will complain regardless and I'm guessing the tickets won't be too bad, I mean £40 for a top band is pretty good. That is, if it's worth it. I don't wanna spend money just to see Eddie be an arse. Besides think about it; you pay cheap you get cheap. Yea money sucks and there's no use in defending the band over it but hey, people can easily recover lets say £100 but not the memory of someone screaming in Wolfie's face, where the fuck is Michael Anthony????? *^_^* \m/

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
I'm not too worried, there would be an uproar if VH didn't go overseas. The only reason they wouldn't is if Eddie has a tantrum so I'm guessing they'd do a wee Europe and UK tour. Usually US bands announce and concentrate on US tour first, see how much they have and then pop to Europe and UK. If I had the money and VH were only US I would go.... unless I'm not allowed to leave the airport that is (hahahahaha!)

frankfasteddie
01-27-2007, 09:45 AM
i have a few friends who went to the 2004 tour in indy, they got lawn seats and free pizza to sell out.... a promotion by verizon......tickets lol 10 bucks........

and for that i would even go watch spammy .......well maybe not

lets just hope they sell out everywhere and realize the potential of this then release some new shit and some remastered vintage shit