PDA

View Full Version : VAN HALEN Tour With DAVID LEE ROTH To Launch In Las Vegas?

DLR'sCock
01-26-2007, 04:54 PM
VAN HALEN Tour With DAVID LEE ROTH To Launch In Las Vegas? - Jan. 25, 2007

According to Norm Clarke of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, it's "looking good" that the VAN HALEN reunion tour, with David Lee Roth back in the fold after 22 years, will launch in Las Vegas. A late April date at the Palms' new venue, The Pearl, is "99 percent" likely, a source told Clarke. It would be the latest coup for Palms owner George Maloof, who will open the 2,500-seat venue with a lineup that includes TOOL, EVANESCENCE, GWEN STEFANI along with VAN HALEN, all in the first month. Many critics consider VAN HALEN the greatest party-metal rock band of all time.

Billboard.com reported yesterday (Wednesday, January 24) that a deal was to be signed for a VAN HALEN summer tour that would include 40 amphitheatre shows.

Meanwhile, guitarist Eddie Van Halen told Rolling Stone, "Everything is up in the air. We don't want to say anything prematurely." He added that Roth is not a deal-breaker for the band's summer tour plans, saying, "There's not just one person on this planet that can sing. We're not waiting on nothing." Drummer Alex Van Halen added, "Whoever the singer is, they'll be surrounded by Van Halens."

The band now includes Eddie's son Wolfgang on bass, and Eddie said, "Wait until you hear this kid play. I pick him up from school every day and we jam. We've got a shredding bass player now that's laying down the law for Alex, so I get to weave in and out."

Former bassist Michael Anthony once told Launch that there have been several failed attempts at getting David Lee Roth back in VAN HALEN. "We tried the reunion thing with Roth, I think, three, four — I don't know how many times, you know? — on any kind of level. At the end it was almost like, 'Let's just see if we can go out and play some shows and not even go in the studio,'and we couldn't even work that out with Roth."

VAN HALEN will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in March. The citation lists Roth and Sammy Hagar, but there's been no word if either or both will sing with the group that night.

bueno bob
01-26-2007, 05:39 PM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43477

Douglas T.
01-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Making my vacation plans ... yep ... Las Vegas here we come!

Venom Thrust
01-26-2007, 09:10 PM
4/27 las vegas pearl@the palms
4/28 las vegas pearl@the palms
5/1 albuquerque,nm journal pavilion
5/3 dallas,tx smirnoff music center
5/4 san antonio,tx verizon wireless
5/6 woodlands,tx cynthia woods mitchell pavillion
5/11 west palm beach,fl sound advice amp
5/12 atlanta,ga hifi buys amp
5/14 charlotte.nc verizon wireless
5/15 bristow,va verizon wireless
5/17 virginia beach,va verizon wireless
5/18 camden,nj tweeter center@waterfront
5/21 holmdel,nj pnc arts center
5/23 mansfield,ma tweeter center
5/27 wantagh,ny nikon@jones beach
8/31 las vegas,nv mgm grand garden arena
9/1 las vegas,nv mgm grand garden arena

bantonelli
01-27-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Venom Thrust
4/27 las vegas pearl@the palms
4/28 las vegas pearl@the palms
5/1 albuquerque,nm journal pavilion
5/3 dallas,tx smirnoff music center
5/4 san antonio,tx verizon wireless
5/6 woodlands,tx cynthia woods mitchell pavillion
5/11 west palm beach,fl sound advice amp
5/12 atlanta,ga hifi buys amp
5/14 charlotte.nc verizon wireless
5/15 bristow,va verizon wireless
5/17 virginia beach,va verizon wireless
5/18 camden,nj tweeter center@waterfront
5/21 holmdel,nj pnc arts center
5/23 mansfield,ma tweeter center
5/27 wantagh,ny nikon@jones beach
8/31 las vegas,nv mgm grand garden arena
9/1 las vegas,nv mgm grand garden arena

Venom....where did you get this tour schedule? Is it valid or speculative?

bueno bob
01-27-2007, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Is it valid?

No.

Cathedral
01-27-2007, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Venom....where did you get this tour schedule? Is it valid or speculative?

27 posts, no votes, rookies have no credibility here until they earn it.

Venom, try adding a source to your next cryptic post, thanks :)

PenguinsKID1986
02-01-2007, 09:59 PM
They wouldn't play show's two nights in a row. those show dates are Bull Shit

kamaboko
02-01-2007, 10:03 PM
The band now includes Eddie's son Wolfgang on bass, and Eddie said, "Wait until you hear this kid play. I pick him up from school every day and we jam. We've got a shredding bass player now that's laying down the law for Alex, so I get to weave in and out."

Hell...what's he going to say? His kid sounds like shit? A Jaco Pastorius he ain't.