X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jay45
    Full On Cocktard
    • Mar 2006

Why It Happened

Part of me wants to think Dave went to Ed and said, "You know,we're about the only thing anybody wants to see any of us do.Or anybody else for that matter.The Rcokbiz is sorta in a funk right now and the time might never be better, lets go for it.Lets end Van Halen with an exclamation point rather than a question mark".

Now the sense of deja'vu begins to take over.The smell of sour mash, kind bud, patchouli oil on the babes.Hope we don't behave as passive as Aerosmith fans.The rowdiest and loudest crowd i ever remember"exiting' the building was Van HalenAug. 1981 Omni /Atlanta. That is in no way a reflection on how fucked up as a soup sandwich that audience was and peeling the paint off the wall inside during the show. We could have taken that town that night.

Hope it all goes well.I will be in Atlanta, Charlotte, and at least 2 others. Damn the cost.This is what I have been waiting for for 23 years. sorry about Mike but I'll take it.
    Do you have to know before you try to learn? Do you have to know you will like it before you listen?Do you have to know the ending before you read the book? Does suprise intimidate you?If your answer is yes to any of the above, keep walkin,you'll only bore me.
  • jgdrag
    Sniper
    • Jul 2005

Personally, I think Wolfie said, "Dad, you kicked ass with that David Lee Roth guy!"
    Let's jam son
    You know dad, it would be cool if Dave was here jamming with us
    Oh Wolfie
    Come'n dad
    Ok son, I'll call him
    Thanks dad!

Simple as that.

Comment

• bantonelli
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Nov 2004

...Running low on Retirement Funds.

Ed dipped into Wolfie's College Funds for his cigs, wine and ? and needs to replenish it.
      "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Julius
        Foot Soldier
        • Jan 2004

Re: Why It Happened

Originally posted by Jay45
        .... fucked up as a soup sandwich...
        Fucked up as a soup sandwich? Soggy bread and all, yes that's quite fucked up.

Never heard that phrase before...

Comment

• PlexiBrown
          Commando
          • Mar 2006

Personally, I think Wolfie said, "Dad, you kicked ass with that David Lee Roth guy!"
          I agree with you!
          And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

The overall reception to the Fleece the Sheep '04 tour.

THAT, my friends, is why it happened. The biggest wake up call they could get.

Unfortunately, Ed hasn't quite seen the entire light (re: Anthony), but given enough time, we may yet get a late Christmas miracle...
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• katie
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Nov 2004

Both were fucked without each other!

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                Veteran
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Julius

FLASH BASTARD IN '08. I'm ready to join the campaign!
                Trollidillo-T

Comment

• Halen High
                  Commando
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                  The overall reception to the Fleece the Sheep '04 tour.

THAT, my friends, is why it happened. The biggest wake up call they could get.

Unfortunately, Ed hasn't quite seen the entire light (re: Anthony), but given enough time, we may yet get a late Christmas miracle...
                  It was obvious from the start that Eddie had no desire to work with Sammy again.

On the other hand, I believe Eddie has always respected Dave as an 'artist' and wanted to work with him again, but they just wouldn't compromise on certain demands to make it happen.

Comment

• Halen High
                    Commando
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by katie
                    Both were fucked without each other!
                    Van Halen has been fucked without Dave that's for sure! And Dave has shown a real lack of motivation for his solo career since 'DLR Band', probably even before that. Dave just wants to be lead singer of VH. Nothing else. Like most of us, Dave hates what became of them after he left, and he just wants to put it right.

Comment

• UKPete
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Jan 2007

I reckon Dave has probably been itching for a reunion since the end of the Vai/Sheehan era. The brothers have only come round now that Ed's divorce has left him short of readies - why else all the EVH line of guitar gear? It's for cash pure and simple from their side. Dave has successfully toured regularly without them and is probably more on a nostaglia ride than anything.

Why the delay on the announcement though? Ed and Alex said they ain't hanging around for any singer, suggesting that Dave is the problem. I hope it's because Dave's holding out to see if they will come around to having MA back in the line up.

Comment

• thetoolrules
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2006

daves a fame whore he'll do anything to be famous again. if this doesn't work out his next move will be coming out the closet and a supporter of donkey love.

Comment

• Jay45
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Julius

I heard it in a bar some years ago as someone referenced some dude who, in our presence(and his old ladies) threw down about 10 shots of Goldschlager in a matter of minutes. Yep he really was "Fucked up as a Soupsandwich". As was the Omni crowd in 81'.Every Van Halen show i ever saw was wide open from go to stop.That one stood out for me more than any other mainly because the band played lights out and the audience fucking knew it and responded.Saw the previous show and the last 2 in 82 and 84 at the Omni.81 was my personal favorite though. I never ever regretted going to any Van Halen show. All of them stood out on their merits. " And a damn good time was had by every SOB there".
                          Do you have to know before you try to learn? Do you have to know you will like it before you listen?Do you have to know the ending before you read the book? Does suprise intimidate you?If your answer is yes to any of the above, keep walkin,you'll only bore me.

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by thetoolrules
                            My penis is virtually non-existant.
                            Back to the grill, Hardees boy.
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...