PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Tour Setlist Possibilities

Irving Azoff
01-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Crowd is electric with anticipation. The lights begin to dim. A small roar from the crowd begins to grow louder as the lights go out. Your eyes are blinded by the darkness as they adjust. The next thing you hear is an unknown voice over the PA system that says, “You’ve waited for this for over twenty years...Here they are, VAN HALEN!!!!!” The lights blaze on and you’re blinded by the lights and you scream at the sight of Dave back with Eddie. You hear them rip into this set list:

Unchained
Dave talks to crowd (Look at all the people here tonight! and introduces Wolfie)
Runnin’ with the Devil
D.O.A.
Dave talks to crowd (Happy to be back and R&RHOF)
And the Cradle Will Rock
I’m The One
Bass Solo
You’re No Good
Sinner’s Swing
Dave talks to crowd again (Water pistol / f your girlfriend, etc)
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Drum Solo
Hot For Teacher/Bottom’s Up/Hot For Teacher
Panama
On Fire
Dave Solo & Monologue ends with Ice Cream Man
Little Guitars
Top Jimmy
Dance The Night Away
Edward Solo
Ain’t talkin’ ‘Bout Love
So This Is Love?
Where Have All The Good Times Gone?
End Show / First Encore
Jump
End Show / Second Encore
Bottom's Up
Happy Trails
You Really Got Me

FORD
01-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Please God, no bass solo if it's the kid :rolleyes:

PlexiBrown
01-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Please God, no bass solo if it's the kid

I agree although if he did one I can't imagine it being much worse than the one Mike did for all of those years.

amadeus
01-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Where's 'When It's Love' or 'Love Walks In'? ***tongue planted firmly in cheek***

diamondsgirl
01-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Dave talks to the crowd again. (calls DG a delightful little slut.) :cool:

Irving Azoff
01-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Plexi - I agree. Personally, I'd get rid of the Bass solo and drum solo. Let Al start off on a tangent with the start of Hot For Teacher or something instead.

Big Troubles
01-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Irving Azoff
Crowd is electric with anticipation. The lights begin to dim. A small roar from the crowd begins to grow louder as the lights go out. Your eyes are blinded by the darkness as they adjust. The next thing you hear is an unknown voice over the PA system that says, “You’ve waited for this for over twenty years...Here they are, VAN HALEN!!!!!” The lights blaze on and you’re blinded by the lights and you scream at the sight of Dave back with Eddie. You hear them rip into this set list:

Unchained
Dave talks to crowd (Look at all the people here tonight! and introduces Wolfie)
Runnin’ with the Devil
D.O.A.
And the Cradle Will Rock
I’m The One
Bass Solo
You’re No Good
Sinner’s Swing
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Drum Solo
Panama
On Fire
Little Guitars
Top Jimmy
Dance The Night Away
Edward Solo
Ain’t talkin’ ‘Bout Love
So This Is Love?
End Show / First Encore
Jump
End Show / Second Encore
Bottom's Up
Happy Trails
You Really Got Me

22 songs? They wont get past 15 MAX. Frankly, I'd rather just a studio album FIRST, then see if there is any juice left in the band. And BTW, dave is scheduled to tour with Dinosaur Jr for the summer of 2007 and that people close to THAT particular tour are calling a Roth-Halen reunion "bullshit".

Invasion '80
01-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Ain't Talkin Bout Love
Unchained
Somebody Get Me a Doctor
(Dave Talks)
Jamie's Cryin'
And The Cradle Will Rock
Mean Streets
(Drum Solo)
Everybody Wants

Big Troubles
01-27-2007, 02:28 PM
http://www.tinymixtapes.com/spip.php?article2699

Big Troubles
01-27-2007, 02:29 PM
"Confidential sources are telling TMT that the sources who told Billboard that David Lee Roth is reuniting with Van Halen are full of shit. The real story is that David Lee Roth is reuniting (for the first time, dictionary be damned) with Dinosaur Jr. for a full tour."

dont mean to shit on the parade...

PlexiBrown
01-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Isn't there another thread going on this subject already?

Big Troubles
01-27-2007, 02:31 PM
a studio album would be an easier task for Roth and VH to accomplish given all men (and children) involved.

Big Troubles
01-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
Isn't there another thread going on this subject already?

yes. In fact half of this website is "what will Dave" sing, cover, do or eat next.

Invasion '80
01-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Ain't Talkin' Bout Love
Unchained
Somebody Get Me a Doctor
(Dave Talks)
Jamie's Cryin'
And The Cradle will Rock
So This Is Love?
(Drum Solo)
Hot For Teacher
Everybody Wants Some
(Dave Talks)
Dance The Night Away
Mean Streets
(Dave Talks)
Ice Cream Man
Panama
Intruder/ Pretty Woman
Hear About It Later
(Guitar Solo)
You Really Got Me

Encore
Runnin' With The Devil
Jump
Happy Trails

Big Troubles
01-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Crowd is amazed that they are witnessing the 3rd or 4th coming of VH. The lights completely turn off for fear of seeing Roth's semi kicks, Ed's finger stumbling, Al's new neckbrace and wolfie's attempt at finding an open A. A small roar from the crowd begins to dwindle, much like the Finland 99 show. Your eyes are blinded by the baldness of every middle aged fan around you. The next thing you hear is an unknown voice over the PA system (hey same PA from 76?) that says, “We've waited to take your money for over twenty years...Here they are, VAN HALEN!!!!!” The lights blaze on and you’re blinded by the fact that you paid a few hundred more than you wanted, and wished you stayed home and bootlegged it off your digital receiver instead... You hear them rip into each other before the first song begins. Which does happen to be Unchained, but sounds more like "Big Fat Money."

Vinnie Velvet
01-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there has been a bass solo since 1992-93??? (Van Hagar).

There wasn't a bass solo in '95, '98 and for sure there wasn't one in '04.

So, a bass solo slot is not even an issue.

Irving Azoff
01-27-2007, 03:29 PM
On the '04 tour, Mike did a solo at the Meadowlands shows.

moose
01-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
"Confidential sources are telling TMT that the sources who told Billboard that David Lee Roth is reuniting with Van Halen are full of shit. The real story is that David Lee Roth is reuniting (for the first time, dictionary be damned) with Dinosaur Jr. for a full tour."

Mind my ignoranc BT but who the FUCK is Dinosaur Jr????

BTW how you doin???:cool:

diamondsgirl
01-27-2007, 03:36 PM
A bass solo may be my only chance to go pee :D

bru87tr
01-27-2007, 04:15 PM
sorry but MWM or CGTSNM has to be on there. freshen up the setlist a bit. :)

Big Troubles
01-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by moose
Mind my ignoranc BT but who the FUCK is Dinosaur Jr????

BTW how you doin???:cool:

lmao! I have NO fucking clue who D Jr is... I had an email sent to me with the title "Dave will tour with..." and it was them. I take it they are hard rock?

And Im doing good...Been a long time. How u doin these days?

Big Troubles
01-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
A bass solo may be my only chance to go pee :D

Just pee where you stand...The crowd will automatically assume it was Wolfie. ;)

Jérôme Frenchise
01-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Unchained
Runnin’ with the Devil
D.O.A.
And the Cradle Will Rock
I’m The One
Bass Solo
You’re No Good
Sinner’s Swing
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Drum Solo
Panama
On Fire
Little Guitars
Top Jimmy
Dance The Night Away
Edward Solo
Ain’t talkin’ ‘Bout Love
So This Is Love?
End Show / First Encore
Jump
End Show / Second Encore
Bottom's Up
Happy Trails
You Really Got Me

Very well, but... where is "Me Wise Magic"? The one I'm most waiting for, personally. :cool:

DrMaddVibe
01-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by bru87tr
sorry but MWM or CGTSNM has to be on there. freshen up the setlist a bit. :)

FUCK YEAH!

I want to hear those live so bad!

VAiN
01-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there has been a bass solo since 1992-93??? (Van Hagar).

There wasn't a bass solo in '95, '98 and for sure there wasn't one in '04.

There was one in 95 and 04 - Mike sang 'Somebody get me a Doctor' in 98 as his solo.

mott98
01-28-2007, 04:06 PM
I would be willing to bet the show opener will be You Really Got Me or Unchained.

I would say Hot for Teacher but they will probably be afraid Wolfie will sh*t his pants having to deliver on that song while he's still getting past his bout with nerves.

mott98
01-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles

For what its worth, there is at least a framework in place for Dave to do some live dates in Canada in April. One of my former bandmates is supposed to open on 4 of those dates. Doubt that they even have it on paper yet......

When he first told me, I thought it was probably Dave being smart and getting into mid-tour form vocally, and doing it out of the US. On the other hand, it also sounds like something that would drive Ed over the edge.

If that part (April) is true, it probably isn't important, because even if that plan is in place, I'm sure they could cancel them fairly easily if a CVH tour was in the cards.

generalroth
01-28-2007, 05:46 PM
I can't handle ANY solo's on heavy acid! Please no solo ..midgets are cool though!

WOAHYEAH
01-29-2007, 02:57 AM
No Romeo Delight openers?