PDA

View Full Version : Who fucking cares about Michael Anthony?

WARF
01-27-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm fucking done with Michael Anthony. I mean... if you take away the fucking background vocals... you have a mediocre bass player at best! You know the thing I find so hypocritical is that 50% of this message board was dissin' MA for being a fucking toolbag and a "yes man" for 25 years.... and now that he's rekindling his wedding vows in cabo wabo with Bette Midler.... you guys fucking want him back!!

I think Sammy Hagar should continue to bang Mikey in the buttocks... and use his fucking signature HOT SAUCE as the lubricant!!

Those two fags fucking deserve each other...

Fuck them!

I wonder if the natives of Cabo Cantina wonder if it's really Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony at the beach.... or if they have to call a beach rescue squad.... in case two manitees washed up on the shore!!

The other half lol...

Give me a fucking break!!

Ed should have thrown his ass out 10 years ago!!!

ppg960
01-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Sorry, I disagree. MA brought alot to the band. His backing vocals were great as well as his stage presence.
Do you think a 15 year old kid can take his place??

WARF
01-27-2007, 04:15 PM
I wanna hear MA's background vocals on tour.

It's not classic Van Halen without Mikey!

BOO-FUCKING-HOO!!!

I support David Lee Roth...

Fuck... I'd support Roth if he was the fucking frontman for WINGER!!!

WARF
01-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by ppg960
Sorry, I disagree. MA brought alot to the band. His backing vocals were great as well as his stage presence.
Do you think a 15 year old kid can take his place??

If Mikey wanted to be in Van Halen...

Then he would be in Van Halen...

And not on tour with Montell Williams and Jimmy Buffet!!!

Jérôme Frenchise
01-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by WARF
I'm fucking done with Michael Anthony. I mean... if you take away the fucking background vocals... you have a mediocre bass player at best! You know the thing I find so hypocritical is that 50% of this message board was dissin' MA for being a fucking toolbag and a "yes man" for 25 years.... and now that he's rekindling his wedding vows in cabo wabo with Bette Midler.... you guys fucking want him back!!

I think Sammy Hagar should continue to bang Mikey in the buttocks... and use his fucking signature HOT SAUCE as the lubricant!!

Fuck them!

I wonder if the natives of Cabo Cantina wonder if it's really Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony at the beach.... or if they have to call a beach rescue squad.... in case two manitees washed up on the shore!!

The other half lol...

I totally agree. Been more or less what I've been thinking about it for a while. :bottle:

WARF
01-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Make sure you set your VCR's for the Hall Of Fame...

It will be the last time all FOUR members take the stage...

WARF
01-27-2007, 04:26 PM
But then again the RNR Hall of fame might be the VMA's PART TWO!

I can see it now...

Sammy to Mikey.... "Tonight's about me not your fucking hot sauce!"

Dave to Alex.... "If you talk to me like that one more time... you better be fucking wearing a neckbrace!"

Wolfgang to Eddie.... "Your not my real father"

Eddie to Wolfgang... " ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

fryingdutchman
01-27-2007, 04:45 PM
WARF...I see your side of the argument. However....

I was one of those people slamming MA for being a Hagar loving jackass, but who now would like to see him on stage with Dave and Eddie.

But now that the reunion is just a cunt hair shy of being a reality, it only makes sense to want a COMPLETE reunion. You can't get pissed at people for wanting to see the TRUE CVH lineup.

I mean...they've cleared the incredibly high hurdle of getting DLR back on board, and now they're going to trip over the pebble that is Mike Anthony??? It's a little ridiculous...

I think some people feel insulted that they're going to plunk down their cash for a 3/4 reunion. Granted, Dave is the main attraction, and I'll be there plunking down MY cash on multiple shows no matter who is playing the fucking bass.

But after how long we've all waited for this day I think everyone assumed that DLR was going to be the final piece of the puzzle. This "wildcard" of Wolfgang just feels like a bit of a shot to the nuts to the true CVH fans.

Can they do it without MA? Abso-fucking-lutely!

But I just think that from a "closure" standpoint, it leaves most of us feeling unfulfilled. I don't think that anyone reasonably expects that this reunion is the start of a "new era" of CVH and they're going to continue on afterwards.

It has a "farewell" vibe to it, and to not be able to say a proper goodbye to the original 4 just kinda sucks. It has nothing to do with MA's talent.

FORD
01-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Bassplayer isn't a deal breaker for me, but I understand the position of those who want him there, IF and ONLY IF they have been consistent about that position for the last 23 years.l

As for the SHEEP who claim Van Hagar was the complete band, but this current configuration is not, they are nothing but HYPOCRITES.

Reality is that Van HALEN was always about Dave & Eddie. The background vocals were a nice set of sprinkles on the cupcake, but if nobody baked the fucking cake, the sprinkles are useless, right?

WARF
01-27-2007, 05:16 PM
I know this is off topic...
But here is DLR in Poultrygeist: Attack of the Chicken Zombies!
http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/poultrygeist.jpg

SNIPER
01-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Mike made his bed and now he has to lay in it with his fire crotch pal Gaygar. Mike should not have been talking shit its his own damn fault. Yes its too bad but I would much rather see Roth in VH then Mike anyway. I think I can live with it.

WARF
01-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Who's to say Ed and Mikey ain't gonna patch things up at the RNR HOF?

pflo
01-27-2007, 05:28 PM

Fuck them!

The other half lol...

Ed should have thrown his ass out 10 years ago!!! :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes: :o give it a rest already.How many times does the same thing have to be repeated? WE GET IT. Go for a walk of something... Who fucking cares about WARF?

VHrocks
01-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
WARF...I see your side of the argument. However....

I was one of those people slamming MA for being a Hagar loving jackass, but who now would like to see him on stage with Dave and Eddie.

But now that the reunion is just a cunt hair shy of being a reality, it only makes sense to want a COMPLETE reunion. You can't get pissed at people for wanting to see the TRUE CVH lineup.
I agree. Nor can you blame people for not wanting a little kid to fill the bass player's shoes. I don't believe Eddie was thinking about his fans when he made this decision. He did it as a payback to Michael Anthony as a way of saying, "I can replace you with a little kid." I think that crossed the line a bit. Maybe if Eddie would have replaced MA with Rudy Sarzo, or another killer bass player with high-tenor vocals... but not an immature, inexperienced little kid. This was a stupid decision on Eddie's part that came from a brain saturated with way too much Smoking Loon wine.

:rolleyes:

SNIPER
01-27-2007, 05:29 PM

you just never know with VH. Could happen.

SNIPER
01-27-2007, 05:33 PM
I think the new band photo should just have Roth, Al, and Ed. Like Bon Jovi, Creed, and The Stones did with new bass players.

WARF
01-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Dude... your not gettin' the point!

I would shoot a load right now to see the original line-up over the Wolfie version...

But if Mikey wants to sleep in bed with Sammy... and diss the band... the hell with him!

pflo
01-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by VHrocks
I agree. Nor can you blame people for not wanting a little kid to fill the bass player's shoes. I don't believe Eddie was thinking about his fans when he made this decision. He did it as a payback to Michael Anthony as a way of saying, "I can replace you with a little kid." I think that crossed the line a bit. Maybe if Eddie would have replaced MA with Rudy Sarzo, or another killer bass player with high-tenor vocals... but not an immature, inexperienced little kid. This was a stupid decision on Eddie's part that came from a brain saturated with way too much Smoking Loon wine.

:rolleyes: RUDY SARZO??? WTF you talking 'bout? Why not Bobby Dall or Jerry Dixon fer crissakes?

fe_lung
01-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Mikey's a quarter of the pie, and I'd love to see him there. I don't hold his association with Sam against him. Sam's gotta be a hell of a lot easier to work with than Ed and Al. On top of that, Mike is a guy who like to go out an play (and make $$$), and Ed hasn't been interested in playing his fucking guitar for a while.

VHrocks
01-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by pflo
RUDY SARZO??? WTF you talking 'bout? Why not Bobby Dall or Jerry Dixon fer crissakes?
How about Mark King?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eMzXtizKcXY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eMzXtizKcXY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Vinnie Velvet
01-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Amen, WARF.

Preach on my brotha!

4moreyears
01-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by SNIPER
Mike made his bed and now he has to lay in it with his fire crotch pal Gaygar. Mike should not have been talking shit its his own damn fault. Yes its too bad but I would much rather see Roth in VH then Mike anyway. I think I can live with it.

Mike talking shit??? I would love to see a quote of him talking shit. He just wanted to play music. Can't blame him. Like he really wants to hang around 5150 and watch Ed act like a fucking lune!!!

4moreyears
01-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
Mike talking shit??? I would love to see a quote of him talking shit. I have read almost every VH story on the net in the last 6 years and I do not remember him one time saying anything bad about any member of VH. He just wanted to play music. Can't blame him. Like he really wants to hang around 5150 and watch Ed act like a fucking lune!!!

PHOENIX
01-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Mike talking shit??? I would love to see a quote of him talking shit. He just wanted to play music. Can't blame him. Like he really wants to hang around 5150 and watch Ed act like a fucking lune!!!

Published in Japan, Burrn! magazine is famous for their worldwide exclusive interviews. VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony was interviewed in February 2006 for the April issue, which is out now. Anthony was interviewed by the magazine's U.S. correspondent John "Shooter" Harrell for their exclusive story. Unfortunately, the magazine is only printed in Japanese, but MelodicRock.com is currently offering a few highlights from the interview — translated from Japanese.

On the VAN HALEN 2004 reunion tour:

"Well, in general the reunion tour was great because it had been since 1998 that we played as VAN HALEN anywhere and it doesn't take very long for me after we finish a tour, it only takes a matter of weeks before I'm ready to get up and play in front of people again. So in that respect it was great getting out there and playing again and you know it's like when everybody got back together again, from outward appearances everything seemed fine but we had a few bumps because old things came back up again from time to time on the road between Sammy and Eddie so it was a little bit shaky. Actually the tour didn't end with as much fanfare as I would have liked it to or hoped it would but we got through it."

On the new business arrangements within the band for the 2004 reunion:

"I was not going to just sit home and do nothing and that kind of upset the VAN HALEN brothers for whatever reason I can't understand myself. But basically when this whole reunion thing started Ed really didn't want me to be part of it. I don't know how he was going to call it a reunion (laughs) but I basically had to work out a deal with Irving Azoff's management company in order to be part of this thing. I kind of sucked it up a bit and I made less money but the way I looked at it was, if this possibly was the last tour that VAN HALEN would ever do then I'd be kicking myself because I wasn't a part of it and I want to be a part of it, even more so than the money so I sucked it all up and came on and did it. I did it for the fans."

On making the reunion happen and previous reunion attempts with David Lee Roth:

"I used to needle Sam a bit and say hey, it'd be great (getting back together). We tried to make this thing work with Roth three times and each time it was even worse than the time before. We tried to do a new album with him and his ego just wouldn't let it happen and the third time that we tried to do it with him was more like, let's see if we can just play some dates and just get along with him and he still for some reason couldn't humble himself enough to just being one of the guys again here. Sammy was out here at a relative's wedding I think staying down at the beach and he actually called Al. So Al went down and met with him and they hung out for the whole day and got along great and at that point then it was just kind of like well, 'Let's see what we can do as far as putting Sam and Ed back together.' I knew that Al wanted to get out and play again too because he basically had done nothing because the only person that he plays with is Ed. He doesn't get out and jam with anybody else. So one thing led to another and then (laughs) there was my involvement. You know, I'm the guy who kind of helped put this thing together and then Ed didn't even want me to be a part of it (laughs). I thought it was kind of funny."

And on the 2004 tour and tensions within the band:

"We got along great. Obviously, there was tension between the brothers, basically Ed and Sammy's tequila thing, because he was never happy about that, the whole Cabo Wabo thing. And a lot of these arenas that we were playing in sold Cabo Wabo and even though that really had nothing to do with Sammy because he sells to people and then the buildings, the venues buys the stuff and Sammy doesn't sell to them. So I think Ed would get a little put off when he'd see a lot of Cabo Wabo banners up around the arenas and sometimes that would even create some tension onstage and offstage. There were nights where you know you have that after the show flight on the jet and things would sometimes be a little tense on that plane and without getting into any great detail there came a point to where we actually split it up and we traveled on two different jets; Eddie and Al would fly on one jet and Sammy and I would fly on another. This was only to keep the peace and that sucks just like anything else that even turns into a big business you know, sports or anything. A lot of times you almost lose the reason in the first place of why you got into doing it you know, making music and getting laid (laughs) and it all turns into big business. It got to the point to where I couldn't even see this thing going on much longer without either somebody blowing up on somebody or whatever. So Sammy finally said, 'I'm not doing any more dates because this is just not working.' When we first started out I was fully ready to do it because I thought we were going to go to Japan, Europe, South America, you know, do the thing that we should have done, like, big band reunites but unfortunately that wasn't going to be.

"[Ed] did not want Sammy doing any promoting of his stuff at all using the VAN HALEN name but a lot of that you don't have any control over. I came out with a hot sauce about the same time we were putting the tour together and the local radio station here in Los Angeles, KLOS, they would talk about the tour and then they would talk about my hot sauce. Well the brothers caught wind of that and they thought that I had my people, as they would say 'my people,' calling the radio station and telling them to pump my hot sauce on VAN HALEN's dime here or whatever and they finally asked me to have my people 'cease and desist,' I remember that distinctly. But I didn't have a damn thing to do with that and I have no control over what the radio station said. In fact, gee isn't this one of the benefits that you're supposed to reap from all these years of success that you can be able to go off and do something like that and promote something? They went on and they (the brothers) had their lawyers call every radio station that we were going to play at in every city and told them specifically they were not to mention Cabo Tequila or my Mad Anthony's Hot Sauce in the same sentence with VAN HALEN!"

On Eddie's son Wolfgang joining the band on tour:

"Oh it was great. I think he has grown up to be a great kid. I think he's a great player and he jumped up there on the drums a few times during sound check and shit the kid can play drums too you know!"

On VAN HALEN's failure to be nominated for the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame:

"I would have thought that we would have been nominated, voted in and inducted the first year that we were eligible, which would have been like 3 years ago or something like that. But for whatever reasons they have, maybe a lot of the people that vote you in are looking at the drama that this band has gone through and figured well, they don't deserve it yet. I don't know, but that's the only thing that I can come up with. Other than that it's like I have no idea. But I tell you it would be one damn interesting show when they ask us to get together and play for the induction ceremony. I know Dave; he'll be there a week ahead of the show just waiting."

On the last time he saw David Lee Roth:

"It was when him and Sammy toured together, what is that, four years ago now? He would kind of pull his hat down and just walk by me because I tell you one of the first shows that I did with those guys I forget where we were at but I had a few drinks and I went into Dave's dressing room after the show and I just unloaded on him, on what was his problem that we could not make this reunion work? And all he kept saying was, you're right, you're right. I told him, look at them out there; when you go out there and this is the beginning of the tour and he actually impressed me at the beginning of the tour but as the tour went on boy by the last show they didn't even do the last show of the tour that I was out there because they couldn't do it; Dave just started pulling shenanigans left and right. Most nights Sammy and I would pound on his door and say come on out and numerous times invited him to come out onstage and do an encore, all three of us together but it never happened."

On recording a new album with Roth:

"We were going to do videos for the songs [on the 'Best Of Volume 1'] and everything but Roth was really trying to take control and we finally just said, let's not even do the videos for these songs because he's going to kill the whole thing and so it fell apart. But yeah, before that tour yeah, we tried to make it work. We went into the studio and it was kind of funny because we first got together in the studio and we were all in the one room together and we did 'Hot For Teacher', 'Mean Street' and a few other songs and it's the weirdest thing because once we started playing it was like, son of a bitch, there it is, that's the magic! It was like a big déjà vu because it was the original band playing again and it sounded pretty fuckin' good too! But then of course the longer we spent in the studio, you know we had two or three different producers in there trying to work with us and Dave would just come in with tapes of the CHEMICAL BROTHERS, all different kinds of weird stuff and say 'Hey, let's do a song like this,' and Ed was having a hard time dealing with him, a real hard time dealing with him and Al was saying, 'Well, let's do a couple of things that Roth likes to do and then let's just do our thing.' I don't know if we had a complete album's worth of stuff but we were pretty damn close and unfortunately, there you go with Dave again and we just couldn't finish it and all those old reasons why he left the band in the first place they started surfacing you know. He went right back to his old ways. I mean even if you just wanted to look at it purely look at it from a money standpoint that guy was hurting for money. And it was like Dave, I mean he couldn't even put his ego aside if he wanted to go out and make $50 million and you know you've got a pretty large ego when you're going to give that all up even just because you don't get your way on something. I couldn't understand it."

On those new tunes with Dave:

"For the most part it was actually pretty good. I don't think Ed would ever let it out though. I've got some demo stuff at home, they didn't even really want me to take any stuff home but I ended up with some stuff at home anyway. I'd never do anything behind the other guys' backs with any of it so it'll just sit in my box in the archives and maybe one of my grandkids or grandkid's boyfriends will put something out one day (laughs) or steal it (laughs)."

On the "Best Of Both Worlds" compilation and those three new songs:

"You know when we did the 'Best Of Both Worlds' we had problems with Roth because of what he wanted and didn't want on the CD, how much he wanted to get paid and so on. So there was a point to where we were just going to say okay Dave, if that's the way you want it, we had some live versions of some of the old VAN HALEN songs and we were just going to tell Dave, 'Okay if that's the way you want it we won't even put you on this record, you won't make a dime off it!' I mean, he was being difficult on that thing and what we wanted to do was the one disc with Sammy and the other disc with Dave plus the three new songs and Dave was even making that difficult but in the end he folded. I think he was just trying to pull a power play. Bad stuff (laughs). I knew that we weren't going to do a whole new album with Sammy on this reunion thing. The time that it was taking in the studio to do these three songs it would have taken us a couple of years to do an entire album. And like I said, once it started to get put together Irving Azoff really pushed it, speeded us along to get us out there and so it just turned out to be well, let's just do these three songs. And to tell you the truth and I'll say this for the record: I didn't play bass on any of those three songs on there. I wasn't even in the band yet when those three songs were done. I came aboard and I sang backgrounds on them but the music was already done and I wasn't even back in the band as far as the reunion part of it yet when the music was done. So that was kind of tough for me but it's like hey, it is what it is and I don't think Ed really talked about it much but if anybody asks me I'm not embarrassed to say that I didn't play bass on them because I wasn't part of the band at that point."

On the difference between Roth and Hagar:

"There was magic with both of them. Once Hagar joined the band he brought a new level of musicianship to the band and like Eddie always use to say, he could play anything that he wanted now because Sammy could sing anything. He (Sammy) definitely had a better range. When Sammy joined the band that's when I really had to start working on the backgrounds; the background vocals were a little bit more, uh, not tougher but with Dave there was never any problem singing backgrounds because he didn't have a huge range like Sammy did. I think and there was still magic with Dave too because I mean a lot that we did back then was really cutting edge from Ed's guitar playing to all these little clones that Dave spawned...they were all there because all these guys wanted to be him."

On the current status of VAN HALEN:

"Well, never say never but we're currently in a state of limbo. After the reunion tour ended so abruptly we all went into our own corners and truthfully Ed doesn't want to tour right now or maybe ever again. I don't know what he's thinking at this point. So I would say that we're on a temporary hiatus that possibly could become permanent, you never know. With that said I realize that's not much of an answer but that's really where things are right now and tomorrow it could all change again."

Dave84
01-27-2007, 07:23 PM
I always felt thet Mikey was Daves joke, in a Band featuring the greatest guitarist and singer in American rock history,and a damn good drummer, a trained monkey could have played bass,and by the way, any interesting bass parts on the early records were played by Eddie.Dave has said in interviews that Mike gave the band a "common man" feel, which helped put them on the map...no longer needed. M Anthony played on the most amazing tours in the history of rock, and he actually thinks that the Spermy era was the golden era of VH, he's obviously mentally ill, poor Mikey, he should take 2 prozac and stay the fuck away from Ed and Dave.

lesfunk
01-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Bassplayer isn't a deal breaker for me, but I understand the position of those who want him there, IF and ONLY IF they have been consistent about that position for the last 23 years.l

As for the SHEEP who claim Van Hagar was the complete band, but this current configuration is not, they are nothing but HYPOCRITES.

Reality is that Van HALEN was always about Dave & Eddie. The background vocals were a nice set of sprinkles on the cupcake, but if nobody baked the fucking cake, the sprinkles are useless, right?
Dittt-fucking-to!

WARF
01-27-2007, 07:46 PM
I hate to say this, but Alex is the only replaceable member...
Put Ray Luzier in his spot... and they still sound like Van Halen.

If you lose Mikey,Dave or Eddie... the sound will be lost.

Mr. Vengeance
01-27-2007, 07:51 PM
The backup vocals he provided were KILLER. A KEY to the sound. And now that he's not there, they're going to have to perform some..ahem....digital magic at the shows. I really will miss not having all 4, but this may be the closest we get, and I'm not missing it!!!!

PHOENIX
01-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
The backup vocals he provided were KILLER. A KEY to the sound. And now that he's not there, they're going to have to perform some..ahem....digital magic at the shows. I really will miss not having all 4, but this may be the closest we get, and I'm not missing it!!!!

Why will they need digital magic???

Roth has been playing solo for years. There was no Mike there the whole time and no one seemed to mind. So why would it be less of a good tour cause Mikes not there now?

madraoul
01-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance

Granted, the high background vocals were a part of the signature sound. But who better to replicate those vocals than a pre-pubescent bassist. The only thing that could go wrong is a debacle of Brady proportions.

fryingdutchman
01-27-2007, 09:09 PM

Then ultimately, doesn't your comment above nullify the original premise of your thread?

Nitro Express
01-27-2007, 09:10 PM

Fuck them!

The other half lol...

Sammy and Sauce Sobolewski are so gay and full of cheese, they even make the lame Van Halens ill. Damn right, Mike has been soiled by Sammy and the Van Halens washed themselves of that shit finally.

Romeo Delight
01-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Exactly WARF.

I'm going to at least 5 shows...front row or as close as I can get.

I would like Mike to be there...but what kind of gesture is touring as "The Other Half"?

I would say that is as big as a Fuck You as you can get. Not to mention they were playing CVH tunes?????:confused:

Bye...see ya Mikey!

WARF
01-27-2007, 09:13 PM
True.

But I am gonna support this version of the band.
Why?
Because David Lee Roth is onboard...
I want Mikey just as bad as anyone else...
But if he wants to kiss sammys ass all day and night...
They can have each other!
I just hope the hype about Wolfie is the real deal...
Not just a proud father who is making out his son to be some kind of virtuoso.... lol

katie
01-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Pro tools rule!

Anybody heard of a harmonizer
?

Ozzy has....

WARF
01-27-2007, 09:17 PM
This tour is gonna need alot of pro tools with Wolfie in the mix.

He can't sing for shit.

Diamondjimi
01-27-2007, 09:34 PM

I disagree. Alice's style is as crucial as Eds. Those two fuckers are joined at the hip.

Having Ed's load on bass will make a difference. But not as much as replacing Alice.......

WARF
01-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Dave will be fired as soon as he bangs Eddie's pornstar girlfriend.

bantonelli
01-28-2007, 12:41 AM
She ain't too cute...Dave can do wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better ;)

VH LINKS SUCKS
01-28-2007, 12:54 AM

I totally agree with that possibility and that's why there's still a chance that Mike is involved in the reunion and should only be called a reunion if he's involved with the rest of the original members!

Without the HOF ceremony there would definitely be no chance of seeing Mike in VH again!

It could very well be Mike on tour and Wolfgang part of the new era VH after the tour.

MUSICMANN
01-28-2007, 02:38 AM
I still can't understand why so may people here are bashing the kid, other than he is taking MA place in the band, as we know it right now. The only thing that anyone has ever heard from him, is when he played 316 on the 2004 tour, and that wasn't much.

He is 2 yrs older now, and lord knows what he can or cannot do on the bass, as well as backup vocals. Ed and Al themselves at his age were already ripping it up as mammoth.

I surely don't think, that Ed would put his kid on stage, if he didn't think the kid was as talented or showing signs of his talent as himself.

I would have to say Ed and Al have a much more knowledge about music, than most have, so i'm not worried. I want to see the origional as much as everyone, but, when you have lemons, you make lemonaide.

pflo
01-28-2007, 05:46 PM
This tour is gonna need alot of pro tools with Wolfie in the mix.

He can't sing for shit. Am I missing something? HAVE YOU EVEN HEARD HIM YET? Fuck:rolleyes:

overmatik2
01-28-2007, 05:58 PM
The only thing I don't undersatnad is where is Mike's fault??? Yes, he played with Sammy, but why?? Everybody nows why, 'cause mr. fingers was too drunk to play, that's the truth. Of course I support Diamond, that's why I'm here. But, now, I think is very unfair to Mike, after all these years...

He isn't in VH because he doesn't wants???, come on!!!

vhrothfan
01-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Fuck Ringo Anthony...if everyone likes that fat ass so much then go see him in his Van Hagar cover band.

LoungeMachine
01-28-2007, 06:04 PM

But if Mikey wants to sleep in bed with Sammy... and diss the band... the hell with him!

Bassplayer has been "dissing the band" ?

Got a link?

WTF was he supposed to do?

Sit on his hands while spED decided what HIS band was going to do next?

The guy has been a loyal part of C VH since day one....

Now you say FUCK HIM because he went out and played music?

I just don't get this bullshit.

Let's break it down once and for all.

It's NOT the fact he played without deadward....

It's the fact he played with ROY, which in your world is a mortal sin of some sort.

It's only Rock and Roll people. He didn't fuck Val, or steal band funds for crissake..... HE WENT OUT AND PLAYED MUSIC WHILE SPED WORKED ON PORN TUNES.

:gulp:

Cathedral
01-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by MUSICMANN
I still can't understand why so may people here are bashing the kid, other than he is taking MA place in the band, as we know it right now. The only thing that anyone has ever heard from him, is when he played 316 on the 2004 tour, and that wasn't much.

He is 2 yrs older now, and lord knows what he can or cannot do on the bass, as well as backup vocals. Ed and Al themselves at his age were already ripping it up as mammoth.

I surely don't think, that Ed would put his kid on stage, if he didn't think the kid was as talented or showing signs of his talent as himself.

I would have to say Ed and Al have a much more knowledge about music, than most have, so i'm not worried. I want to see the origional as much as everyone, but, when you have lemons, you make lemonaide.

When you have Lemons you send the bitch back out for the Crown Royal...Settle for nothing, my friend, lmmfao.

Lemonade SUCKS!

vhrothfan
01-28-2007, 06:08 PM
If Ringo Anthony didn't want to sit around and wait for VH then he should have done a solo album instead of starting The Other Half and making money off of Ed's music.

LoungeMachine
01-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by vhrothfan
If Ringo Anthony didn't want to sit around and wait for VH then he should have done a solo album instead of starting The Other Half and making money off of Ed's music.

Who the fuck are you to be giving advice to anyone other than Herpes survivors?

freak.

vhrothfan
01-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Who the fuck are you to be giving advice to anyone other than Herpes survivors?

freak.

It's my opinion. Why do you obsess about herpes anyways? Tell everyone something they don't know or STFU.

Dave Smith
01-28-2007, 06:13 PM

Got a link?

It's the fact he played with ROY, which in your world is a mortal sin of some sort.

It's only Rock and Roll people. He didn't fuck Val, or steal band funds for crissake..... HE WENT OUT AND PLAYED MUSIC WHILE SPED WORKED ON PORN TUNES.

I think Dave probably fucked her or if he didn't fuck her, he might have ate her out.

:D

vhrothfan
01-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Dave Smith
I think Dave probably fucked her or if he didn't fuck her, he might have ate her out.

Thats kinda funny. But I can't imagine Dave licking Val's pussy and not getting nothing in return.

LoungeMachine
01-28-2007, 06:17 PM
It's my opinion. Why do you obsess about herpes anyways? Tell everyone something they don't know or STFU.

I'm obsessed?

You're the one trolling on Herpes Sufferers web sites looking for women.

Dude, I've seen your pic.

Your blistering sores aren't what are keeping you from getting laid.

vhrothfan
01-28-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm obsessed?

You're the one trolling on Herpes Sufferers web sites looking for women.

Dude, I've seen your pic.

Your blistering sores aren't what are keeping you from getting laid.

So whats your fucking point?

Diamond David Lee Roth (http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.blogspot.com)

LoungeMachine
01-28-2007, 06:21 PM
So whats your fucking point?

That you can't get laid, so instead you'll give carreer advice to someone much more successful than yourself.

That, and you're too ugly to get laid even by women searching for Herpes Sufferers :D

vhrothfan
01-28-2007, 06:30 PM
That you can't get laid, so instead you'll give carreer advice to someone much more successful than yourself.

That, and you're too ugly to get laid even by women searching for Herpes Sufferers :D

You don't know shit about my personal sex life or if I have a girlfriend. It's disturbing that you even think about it let alone post about it. Try not to think about me to much. Think of your family and friends because I guarantee you that someone you know has herpes as one out of four Americans has some type of herpes virus. If your so infatuated about herpes go join a herpes support group.

I thought this was a pretty good thread until you started with your retarded bullshit.

Anyways back to Ringo Anthony.

LoungeMachine
01-28-2007, 06:31 PM
LMMFAO

mott98
01-28-2007, 06:55 PM
I can't for the life of me understand why anyone gets mad because Mikey 'dissed the band'..........

If anything, he dissed the 2004 tour. As did 99% of the members here. Ought to make him a Member of Good Standing of the DLR Army for taking Ed to the woodshed.

Dave has 'dissed the band' dozens of times in the last 20 years.

Ed has dissed both the CVH era and the Hagar era. So has Alex.

Sammy has dissed CVH, and dissed different portions of his tenure in the band.

Ted Templeman, and a bunch of other people who have been affiliated over the years have had negative things to say about the band at different points.

And Mikey is out on his ear for dissing the band --- and maybe for playing bass doing VH tunes with Sam (last I checked, Ed & Alex play VH when its convenient, as does Dave, as does Sam).

Just jealous, idiotic, stupid logic on Eddie's part. For someone who, last I checked, never gave them any grief, played every gig, never caused delays or cancellations or rehab stints or drunk episodes etc etc.

LoungeMachine
01-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Exactly.

Well put.

LoungeMachine
01-28-2007, 07:00 PM

I thought this was a pretty good thread until you started with your retarded bullshit.

Not sure which is more lame...

The fact you thought this was a pretty good thread, or the fact you had to go back in and add this line after you initially posted.

As to retarded bullshit.....well we all know who is the expert on that here.

Your 13 one star votes tell that story fairly well.

vhrothfan
01-28-2007, 07:14 PM

Not sure which is more lame...

The fact you thought this was a pretty good thread, or the fact you had to go back in and add this line after you initially posted.

As to retarded bullshit.....well we all know who is the expert on that here.

Your 13 one star votes tell that story fairly well.

Lets see...you say you have my picture,why? I don't even want to know. Your infatuated with my personal life,keep track of my votes etc...The only thing I can think of to say to you is find a support group in your area for the obsessive thoughts that you have about me.

Yours truly,
vhrothfan

DLR'sCock
01-28-2007, 07:15 PM
I'd love to see mike on the tour, but I really don't care that much about it, yeah we're shorted a bit, but I can live with it.

The fact is that Dave and Ed wrote those songs.

vhrothfan
01-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Ed and Dave wrote the songs and all Ringo Anthony did was sing a little.

kastco
01-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by FORD

It's funny but I remember about a year ago you ranting about different reunion tours at the time that didn't have all of the original members and how it was the same as seeing a cover band and they should not use the band name . Now all of a sudden that theory is thrown out the window. Can you say HYPOCRITE Ford?

pflo
01-28-2007, 07:35 PM

That, and you're too ugly to get laid even by women searching for Herpes Sufferers :D HAHAHAHAHA!!!!:wow2:

LoungeMachine
01-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Lets see...you say you have my picture,why? I don't even want to know. Your infatuated with my personal life,keep track of my votes etc...The only thing I can think of to say to you is find a support group in your area for the obsessive thoughts that you have about me.

Yours truly,
vhrothfan

Well Mike, you posted your pic on the herpes support site that Brett and twona found......

It's YOU'RE not your........

Keeping track of your votes? They're right there for all to see, mensa :rolleyes:

And for YOU of all people to call someone OBSESSIVE is a fucking laugh.

All anyone has to do is read your blog. :D

From Mike's Blog:

The reason I started this blog is because I was a member of a David Lee Roth forum for four years that these fat asses moderate. The moderators there love to insult everyone so alot of the members and all of the moderators are constantly insulting each other. They crossed the line though when moderators twonabomber, hyman roth and zahzoo posted alot of personal and private information about me including my real name,address,telephone number and a picture of me that they found on another website. Douglas Hazard,the webmaster and Von Halen,who runs the site allowed this to continue. They are losers that don't have anything else better to do.

Yours truly?

fag.

I'm not "infatuated" with your personal life, Mike. You live in an assisted living home, troll herpes web sites for women, and stalk other poster here....it's like driving by a car wreck.

Look in the mirror if you dare.

Hyman Roth
01-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Ahem.

Plexi Head
01-28-2007, 07:58 PM
I fucking care about Michael Anthony.

mott98
01-28-2007, 08:07 PM
I understand and respect everyone here who wants to see this tour, and will buy the ticket without Mikey. It is still an exciting prospect.

But all things equal, he has earned the right to be there, Wolfie has not. And it is certainly a major FU from Ed to the fans -- who at this point, he believes are 'marks' with open wallets (guitars for $2500-25,000) etc etc.

There would have been no harm in having Wolfie come on and play a couple of tunes in the set.

Just cant believe that they are this close to getting it right, but are so selfish they refuse to deliver.

Plexi Head
01-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Ed and Dave wrote the songs and all Ringo Anthony did was sing a little.

Again the point is lost. Ringo was perfect for the Beatles and again he had a unique style that worked. Recording engineers to this day still will ask a drummer to "do a Ringo fill"

Billy Sheean would not have worked with Van Halen, they were always a SONG band first, musicianship second.

What was Anthony meant to do? He is a musician that obviously loves to play, was he meant to sit around for over a decade waiting? Waiting and waiting and waiting. Those who have said he dealt the hand of his own fate have got to be kidding.

I agree with an earlier poster who said Alex's comment "Whoever is the singer will be surrounded by Van Halens" is a disgrace. Dutch boys who aint done shit for ten years. Talk about not reaching your potential.

Terry
01-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Anthony not being there is less of an issue with me than the three Van Halens and Roth not putting out any new music to go along with this tour.

If there's no new music, and it's gonna be a nostalgia trip, how the fuck am I gonna get nostalgic over a bass player who wasn't even born when the band was together, and a lineup that isn't the same as the original? Anthony was no Jaco P, but he served a purpose in the band...a limited one compared to Ed and Dave, but the dude deserves to be there if he wants to be.

I dunno. This 2007 outing is taking on the elements of a freak show to me. A cashing-out freak show, to boot.

And I think Anthony should be there IF he wants to be. If Anthony comes right out and says "Fuck that, I'd rather hang out on some Cabo cruise and suck Sammy's cock than tour with Roth again," well, then fuck him. But Ed's just being disingenuous when he says "Mike's in a band with Sammy. Well, you can't be in two bands." Only reason Mike started hanging out with Hagar full time is because Ed chose to spend 6 out of the last 7 years doing absolutely fuck all.

It's all kinda depressing, because this is something I was psyched to see happen for so long, and it was my hope that CVH would do it with style and substance in a way that frankly most other reunions don't (all the original members, full-length album of new material) - now it seems like it's just gonna be another half-assed attempt like so many other bands have done.

This whole thing with Dave is gonna be a one-off anyway, so why NOT have Anthony there. Make the whole thing a one-off with everybody. Then Ed can go back to fantasyland studios and pretend he has a career, and his son can participate in the charade.

LoungeMachine
01-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Terry

But Ed's just being disingenuous when he says "Mike's in a band with Sammy. Well, you can't be in two bands." Only reason Mike started hanging out with Hagar full time is because Ed chose to spend 6 out of the last 7 years doing absolutely fuck all.

Fucking spot on, Terry.

:cool:

This is all about an egotistical control freak needing to still feel like he's calling the shots because he had to go to Dave hat in hand.

spED KNOWS the ONLY reason there is ANY interest in this circus is because DAVE'S name is involved. Not a Van Halen's.

You guys swallowing this "you can't be in 2 bands" bullshit are gullible edsheep.

VanHalener
01-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Simple question deserves a simple answer...

I f#@*king care about Bass Player.

It's bullsh*t that egos are in the way and we will never get a chance to see VH perform live, on stage as they did long ago. (Dave, Mike, Ed & Alex)

Last minute reconciliations between Bass Player and Ed?... DOUBT IT! Wolfgang's spot will not be turned back over to Bass Player by Smoking Loon Daddy.

It's BULLSH*T

vhrothfan
01-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by mott98
I understand and respect everyone here who wants to see this tour, and will buy the ticket without Mikey. It is still an exciting prospect.

But all things equal, he has earned the right to be there, Wolfie has not.

Wolfie has had to live with Ed for 15 years,he deserves to be there.

pflo
01-29-2007, 01:02 AM
Fuckem all, Mike was the only guy with any integrity. This tour can eat my ass.

Dan
01-29-2007, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by pflo
Fuckem all, Mike was the only guy with any integrity. This tour can eat my ass.

What are you talking about?

WOAHYEAH
01-29-2007, 02:45 AM
I wanna hear MA's background vocals on tour.

It's not classic Van Halen without Mikey!

BOO-FUCKING-HOO!!!

I support David Lee Roth...

Fuck... I'd support Roth if he was the fucking frontman for WINGER!!!

Yup.

Now of course I have no room to say anything Halen-concert wise, but I don't fucking care who the band backing Roth is.

A David Lee concert is a David Lee concert. How the fuck could anyone say it won't be stellar?

binnie
01-29-2007, 03:03 AM
I don't think there's anyone here who wouldn't rather have Mike in the band....

But it's been 20+ years of waiting, and 75% is better than nothing...

Dan
01-29-2007, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by binnie
I don't think there's anyone here who wouldn't rather have Mike in the band....

But it's been 20+ years of waiting, and 75% is better than nothing...

Amen To That.

Nitro Express
01-29-2007, 04:40 AM
It's still funny Mike gets fired after decades of being in the band because he was hanging with Sammy. LOL!

Ed finally saw the light. Sammy sucks and people who hang with him suck too.

fryingdutchman
01-29-2007, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
It's still funny Mike gets fired after decades of being in the band because he was hanging with Sammy. LOL!

Ed finally saw the light. Sammy sucks and people who hang with him suck too.

That's bullshit.

This whole "guilt by association" thing is for the fucking birds.

Look....Hagar's a fucking tool, and we all know that. And Mike has occasionally done some shit that made him look like a douche in recent years. However, all of his "deficiencies" stacked on top of one another don't even come close to measuring up to the amount of "fuck you" that Alex and Ed have thrown at the fans.

Granted....Mikey could have kept company with far more talented people than Spambo while he was sitting around waiting for the sisters to do something.

Unfortunately he didn't. But that doesn't mean he has cashed in his right to be in Van Halen now that they're about to reunite.

Tons of musicians (as well as bass players and drummers) keep "side projects" going while their main gig is on hiatus.

Ed knows how true CVH fans value the ORIGINAL lineup, and he still doesn't give a shit.

A Van Halen tour is not a training ground for a teen boy.

4moreyears
01-29-2007, 08:52 AM

Who wants to listen to a solo album from a bass player. How fucking stupid of a comment can there be.

cman
01-29-2007, 09:56 AM
fuck ed, fuck al, fuck the tour.

LoungeMachine
01-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Who wants to listen to a solo album from a bass player. How fucking stupid of a comment can there be.

Tell that to Sting. :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
01-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman

Ed knows how true CVH fans value the ORIGINAL lineup, and he still doesn't give a shit.

There it is in a nutshell ladies and gentlemen.

4 pages of bullshit filed down to one sentence.

VanHalener
01-29-2007, 10:30 AM

THAT SUCKS!!! I don't want to hear that!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZzR6ara8NTU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZzR6ara8NTU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

(Click, Click)

There's no place like the 80's, there's no place like the 80's, there's no place like the 80's...

binnie
01-29-2007, 11:18 AM

Sad but True.

WARF
01-29-2007, 11:31 AM

Got a link?

That's not the point Lounge Machine...
It's not about him playin' music outside the band.
It's about him TEAMING UP with Sammy Hagar over VH.
If Mikey wanted to be with Van Halen...
Then he would be with Van Halen and not THE OTHER HALF!!!
Essentially that is the major problem.
Dude...
Do the Boston Red Sox fans support Johnny Damon playing for the New York Yankees???

binnie
01-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Is he teaming up with Sam over CVH?

I don't think mike has been given that choice....

vhrothfan
01-29-2007, 12:04 PM

I'm sorry...let me be more clear on this. He should have done a solo album with him playing bass and SINGING and hire some studio musicians on guitar and drums.

There are a few bass plaers that made solo albums...Gene SImmons,Billy Sheehan...how fucking stupid id that?

David Lee Roth Videos (http://www.davidleerothvideos.blogspot.com)

VanHalener
01-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Why will they need digital magic???

Roth has been playing solo for years. There was no Mike there the whole time and no one seemed to mind. So why would it be less of a good tour cause Mikes not there now?

It was not Van Halen.

Jérôme Frenchise
01-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by vanhalener
It was not Van Halen.

OK, but what has that jerk MA been doing all this time, eh?

Playing sheer shit on stage, and... not the slightest note on bass guitar in the studio since... 1980! :p
So, please, you know where you can stick those Mike Anthony regrets - I guess you don't need a drawing here. ;)

Shit, leave us alone with fat Mike already, it's gettin' fuckin' boring! :mad:

pjvan
01-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Sure we would all like to see the Bass Player with CVH, but are you buying a ticket to see Bass Player or Alexis? No, we are buying tickets to see Dave and Ed back together the way it should have been for the last 20+ years.

It doesn't matter if they have The Wolf on bass and Bun E Carlos on drums, as long as it's Dave and Ed I'm there.

If Bass Player would have just rolled with Spam and played on the Van Hagar songs with him, Ed wouldn't have fired him, but the "Other Half" stuff is taking it too far. It's a slap to the sisters. Bass Player is trying to cash in on VH, which is fine, it's his career, but there are consequences as well. Maybe if Bass Player and Spam would have cut Ed in on the "Other Half" tour money, or since Ed did help come up with the Cabo Wabo stuff, maybe Spam should throw him a little Christmas Bonus.

Fact is, they owe Ed a hell of a lot more than Ed owes them.

mott98
01-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Dude...
Do the Boston Red Sox fans support Johnny Damon playing for the New York Yankees???

Lemme see if I can get this straight....

Mike played bass with a functioning Van Halen band for 22 years (approx 74-96).......and experienced both breakups with Dave and Sam.

He was there when the Roth reunion happened, and fell apart....

He was there when VH III was playing to half empty houses of fans that didnt care.....

He was there all these times that they have tried to reunite with Roth (2000-2003) and they failed....

He went out on tour, on SALARY, not as a member, in 2004 and saw that Eddie and Sam cannot function in the same band. That Eddie was a raging control-freak alcoholic. And the tour now featured a 12 year old coming out for a guitar solo.

Based on what he has experienced since 1995, you think he should have sat home and waited for a phone call?? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Truth is, Mikey was kicked out long before now or he would not have been on salary in 2004. He would not have been on that tour if Hagar had not insisted.

SO WHAT DID HE HAVE TO LOSE WHEN WENT AND PLAYED WITH HAGAR? EDDIE HAD ALREADY MADE IT CLEAR HE DID NOT WANT MIKE AROUND. Which totally proves that Eddie is lying when he says 'you can't play in 2 bands.' Thats just his lame reasoning for PR purposes.

Earlier post said it best....Eddie knows CVH fans want the classic lineup. He just does not give a fuck what CVH fans want. He wants all of our money, but he doesnt give a fuck what we want.

Plexi Head
01-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by pjvan

It doesn't matter if they have The Wolf on bass and Bun E Carlos on drums, as long as it's Dave and Ed I'm there.

Yeah whatever, I would love to see Bun E Carlos rip the opening to Hot For Teacher. In his fucking dreams. The disrespect shown to Alex's playing sometimes amazes me. Love him or hate hime, the guys a fucking MONSTOR player.

hideyoursheep
01-29-2007, 06:25 PM
So do we let em go with teen wolf and "accept" it? Orrrr let em go through town without checking them out b/c it's not CVH?Dave's back/Wolf gets shoehorned in and it's a train wreck.Is that how I wanna see CVH go out?
Dilemmas,dilemmas.

pjvan
01-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Plexi Head
Yeah whatever, I would love to see Bun E Carlos rip the opening to Hot For Teacher. In his fucking dreams. The disrespect shown to Alex's playing sometimes amazes me. Love him or hate hime, the guys a fucking MONSTOR player.

Sure Alex is underrated, no disrespect to Al as a drummer, but the point is who is buying a ticket to see him? It's all about Dave and Ed. When you go see Dave solo, do you even give a fuck about what the drummers name is?

I agree, it has the potential to be a train wreck, but damn let's see Dave and Ed playing together again already.

LoungeMachine
01-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise

Playing sheer shit on stage, and... not the slightest note on bass guitar in the studio since... 1980! :p
So, please, you know where you can stick those Mike Anthony regrets - I guess you don't need a drawing here. ;)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What. The. Fuck. Ever.

Post your gig and recording credits since 1980

And by all means, give me the drawing big man.

This post begs the question WHO THE FUCK CARES WHAT THE FRENCH THINK.

Last time you tried to gig, you surrendered before hitting the stage.

Rikk
01-29-2007, 08:32 PM

Fuck them!

The other half lol...

This is what I've been saying all along...

...except I also understand what plenty are preaching here.

This ain't about a bunch of fans praying for the return of the mullet head.

This is about a bunch of fans sick of being dictated by the guitarist what the ultimate version of Van Halen is...and most fans refuse to accept such dictation when they know the band selling out MSG in 1984 was simply the best this band could be.

I, for one, am sick of Ed fucking it up every time...always hating someone and thinking everyone should agree because he plays fast guitar.

The guy's a psycho. He's not a harmless rock 'n' roll nut that everyone loves...he's a vindictive cunt that SHOULD be living in a shelter somewhere in L.A...or six feet under the ground because he's so stupid to keep smoking after having tongue cancer. But his guitar-skills and luck have kept him rich and alive...and he wants to walk all over someone else now to promote his son.

Good for him and the little fat creep.

I just want to see Dave.

And I feel no allegiance to the fat hot sauce peddler. Fact is, I hate him. He's half the reason Dave never came back before.

But I also feel no loyalty to Ed...and he's pulling something under-handed here.

He needs Dave...but not just to sell tickets, but to sell his son.

* * ONE MORE THING * *

Didn't any of the truly excited fans think about this??

If the band gets back together with Wolfgang on bass, the band will only be able to tour during the summer for the rest of its existence (or at least for the next few years...if this were more than a quick one-off)...because Wolfgang has school.

Is that rock 'n' roll? No, it's sad. Very, very sad.

Ed knows there's only one way to tour with Dave and keep the spotlight: bring his son along and make the evening as much a father and son story as anything else.

And I would hate to be putting money toward that...

...I wish I could choose which band member gets my dollars.

Loons The Great
01-29-2007, 08:41 PM
I didn't miss John Paul Jones in '95 or '98...Eddie played bass on all the records...you know that's the truth-a...

Hyman Roth
01-29-2007, 08:49 PM
That was pussy of Plant and Page to ditch JPJ just like its pussy of Ed and Al to ditch MA. Mike played bass on all the records. To think otherwise is delusional...a mow..mow...mow.

Rikk
01-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Loons The Great
I didn't miss John Paul Jones in '95 or '98...Eddie played bass on all the records...you know that's the truth-a...

I thought it sucked that John Paul Jones wasn't there. I enjoyed both tours...but it sure could have been a bit more authentic.

Funny...but it was Plant's decision to not have Jones there...and he instead had his son-in-law playing bass. Kinda familiar?

Also, Ed played bass in recent years.

But back in the day, that's Anthony playing bass on the old records.

mott98
01-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
That was pussy of Plant and Page to ditch JPJ just like its pussy of Ed and Al to ditch MA. Mike played bass on all the records. To think otherwise is delusional...a mow..mow...mow.

I agree with this post.

As drunk as Eddie has been for the last 26 years, do you really think he went in and played all the bass? I mean, I could see him fixing parts that are driving him up the wall, but every album?

mott98
01-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
If the band gets back together with Wolfgang on bass, the band will only be able to tour during the summer for the rest of its existence (or at least for the next few years...if this were more than a quick one-off)...because Wolfgang has school.

...I wish I could choose which band member gets my dollars.

What makes you think Wolfie will finish school? Im sure he sits in 5150 with Uncle Al and Dad getting plastered.

I agree with the part about choosing who gets the $$$. Good idea.

Loons The Great
01-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth

A how how how how!!

I didn't give a flying fuck if JPJ was there...and I don't give a flying fuck if Mullet Anthony and his Mariah Carey yelps will be there...bring on Matt Bissonette!!...well well well...

Rikk
01-29-2007, 09:14 PM
A how how how how!!

I didn't give a flying fuck if JPJ was there...and I don't give a flying fuck if Mullet Anthony and his Mariah Carey yelps will be there...bring on Matt Bissonette!!...well well well...

LOL.

I'd love Matt Bissonette to be there playing bass.

Or Billy Sheehan.

But a 15-year-old kid that has as much rock 'n' roll experience as any other member of Malibu's Most Wanted?

LoungeMachine
01-29-2007, 09:21 PM

This is about a bunch of fans sick of being dictated by the guitarist what the ultimate version of Van Halen is...and most fans refuse to accept such dictation when they know the band selling out MSG in 1984 was simply the best this band could be.

I, for one, am sick of Ed fucking it up every time...always hating someone and thinking everyone should agree because he plays fast guitar.

The guy's a psycho. He's not a harmless rock 'n' roll nut that everyone loves...he's a vindictive cunt that SHOULD be living in a shelter somewhere in L.A...or six feet under the ground because he's so stupid to keep smoking after having tongue cancer. But his guitar-skills and luck have kept him rich and alive...and he wants to walk all over someone else now to promote his son.

:monekyl: :guitar:

Yep.

Piss on him for pulling this shit NOW

Loons The Great
01-29-2007, 09:21 PM
LOL.

I'd love Matt Bissonette to be there playing bass.

Or Billy Sheehan.

But a 15-year-old kid that has as much rock 'n' roll experience as any other member of Malibu's Most Wanted?

When I saw the Stones in '97...I didn't miss Bill Wyman...if I saw The mighty Who tomorrow, though...I would miss The Ox...

I don't know about the Wolf...but Mullet deserves the boot...for sporting a hellacious mullet since the 70's...the kids should defend themselves against the 70's...:D

LoungeMachine
01-29-2007, 09:23 PM
When I saw the Stones in '97...I didn't miss Bill Wyman...

Terrible comparison, bro.....

We weren't waiting 20 years for Keith and Mick to make up and tour together.

Not even close.

Rikk
01-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Terrible comparison, bro.....

We weren't waiting 20 years for Keith and Mick to make up and tour together.

Not even close.

Exactly. If the Stones broke up in 1975, and the fans had to wait until '97 for a reunion tour, and Bill Wyman was willing to play, and Mick chose his son who'd been playing bass for about a year or so...the press would have a field day. And it would be a much bigger thing because the press will always talk about the Stones more than almost any other band except maybe The Beatles.

Loons The Great
01-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Fuck the Mullet...he can reform his cool band,"Snake." I don't want to hear his Marey Carey screams any mo'...Joe Dirt lookin' motherfucker...he's always been the weakest link...Van Halen iz:

Dave
Eddie
Al
Whoeverthefuck

LoungeMachine
01-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Exactly. If the Stones broke up in 1975, and the fans had to wait until '97 for a reunion tour, and Bill Wyman was willing to play, and Mick chose his son who'd been playing bass for about a year or so...the press would have a field day. And it would be a much bigger thing because the press will always talk about the Stones more than almost any other band except maybe The Beatles.

Yep.

But listen to the edSHEEP now.....

"oooh, I don't care who plays bass, it's Dave and Ed onstage together!!!

Funny how their CVH or nothing stance isn't so concrete now.

Hypocrites.

LoungeMachine
01-29-2007, 09:36 PM

...Van Halen iz:

Dave
Eddie
Al
Whoeverthefuck

And C VH iz:

Dave
Ed
Al
Mike.

"Van Halen" is whoever ED says it is.......

According to HIM Van Halen iz:

Ed
Al
Sam
Gary
Mike
Wolfie
and oh yeah, Dave. :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
01-29-2007, 09:38 PM
What IS it with you people who swallow blindly any fucking DRAMA spED throws at you????

You can't be in 2 bands at once, so my KID is now in VAN HALEN

Gimme a fucking break

Rikk
01-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Yep.

Hypocrites.

I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times we've read:

VAN HALEN is:
Dave, Eddie, Alex, Mike

Well, these same people talking about how none of this shit matters are suddenly back-peddlin'...

The fact is, the only good reason Mike isn't on stage this tour is because of Ed's ego...the very same reason Dave wasn't onstage with the band for 20+ years. Dave was ready to come back in '88. The fans were ready...well, except for the sorority girls buying OU812 and doing their nails to WHEN IT'S LOVE.

Now, Mike isn't coming back...but Ed looks like he's doing it right.

Maybe he figured..."I don't care who's singing anymore as long as I get to keep my kid in the band...might as well call Dave because that will make the fans forget that I just kicked another original member out of this band".

LoungeMachine
01-29-2007, 09:45 PM
I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times we've read:

VAN HALEN is:
Dave, Eddie, Alex, Mike

Exactly.

And to take it one step further, what EXACTLY is Mike's Crime?????

He fucking DARED to go out and play music while dED fucked porn stars on meth...

Now, I'm certainly not putting down fucking porn stars on meth, per se....:D

But Jesus tittie fucking Christ, get over the whole "he plays with Roy" bullshit whine.

SO. FUCKING. WHAT.

Ask yourselves this ONE question honestly.

WHO has done more to SHIT on the CVH legacy the last 20 years?

Ed

or Mike?

:confused:

Loons The Great
01-29-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm glad Mullet Anthony is gone. Good move, Ed. Bloody brilliant. Should have had Wolf when you were 15 so ya could have replaced Mullet sooner.

LoungeMachine
01-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Okay, Loons......I give.

Enjoy the show.

It's most likely the LAST opportunity any of would ever have to relive the REAL Van Halen one more time.

Loons The Great
01-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Lounge, you're a wicked smart mofo...

...but at this point...I'll go see the show and drop a couple hundy...because it's Dave and Eddie...and sure, Eddie's fucking up things as usual...but he's at least not trotting out Hag or Cherone...

Rikk
01-29-2007, 09:54 PM
WHO has done more to SHIT on the CVH legacy the last 20 years?

Ed

or Mike?

Ed kicked Sammy out when the band was (admittedly) still stable, selling records and concert seats. Now, I don't agree with the artistic choice...but it still sold well for the band and their management. Ed did it.

Ed kicked Dave out in '96 after letting him back in, solely because Ed realized the world was so happy that Dave was back. Apparently, the rock world felt the music wasn't the same with just Ed's fills. Well, he had to punish them. So he hired Gary Cherone instead. Ed did it.

Ed couldn't make it work with Dave at least one other time...and decided to make matters worse by fucking Dave over with record royalties. Ed did it.

Ed played drums on their '98 album. I thought it was a band? Ed did it.

Ed started playing bass sometime in the 90s on VH recordings...including their three horrible new songs with Sham. Ed did it.

Ed was Dave's main listed reason for leaving the band in '85. Of course, Ed and Al have liked to claim in later years that they kicked him out in order to make themselves look better. But really...it was Ed. Ed did it.

Now, Mikey is out because he refused to start hating the fatman after the fatman had a falling out with the brothers.

Well, would you like the brothers and stay loyal when nothing is happening when:

1) The brothers took away your percentage rights and made you a hired gun?

2) The brothers didn't want to hire you for a 2004 tour and only did because Sam demanded it?

3) The younger brother played bass on VH recordings without consulting you?

Yeah Mike, stay loyal to the band. Don't play anywhere else. But if we do get back together, we'll not even let you come to the studio to record while you're being loyal.

Fuck Ed. I want to see Dave and Ed...but I want Ed to fail...once and for all.

hideyoursheep
01-29-2007, 10:01 PM
THAT SUCKS!!! I don't want to hear that!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZzR6ara8NTU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZzR6ara8NTU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

HULK MAD!!!! HULK SMASH!!!!!! :anger:

MAX
01-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Fuck the Mullet...he can reform his cool band,"Snake." I don't want to hear his Marey Carey screams any mo'...Joe Dirt lookin' motherfucker...he's always been the weakest link...Van Halen iz:

Dave
Eddie
Al
Whoeverthefuck
PRAAAAIIIIIIIIISE LOONS!!!

I'm going to see DAVE PERIOD!!! The other bandemembers are a bonus.

I like the Page/Plant comparrisons as well.

I've been to many 'a Dave live shows and he's NEVER let me down, no matter the size of the venue or how small of a club. When Dave ripped through Halen Classics, I never ONCE missed Anthony's Ned Beatty's sounding squeals from "Deliverance!!!" sqrewing up the Roth shows I've attended over the years.

Dave sang the songs and my fucking mind was THERE!!! Exactly where the songs came from in heart and spirit. Adding The Sisters and The Nephew sounds fun.

What I mean, is I truly believe there will be a "happier vibe" without knowingstly having The pint sized, whiskey sippin, mulleted leach (who's STILL tied to the hag) bassplayer involved.

I mean, what about them being backstage and Hag calls Anthony whilst the sisters and commencing for a cermonial group drink?

Then sPED might get pissed and start throwing shit a Mike?

Maybe Dave's thinking ahead cos of these reasons?

He thinks if Anthony were to come aboard, Wolfgang would want "IN" so badly, he'd be willing to pull an "inncodent" (a 'la Tonya Harding vs. Nancy Kerrigan) and Dave has the insight to stop this horror by realizing that a local tv spot showing Mike holding his broken hand and wailing "Nooooooo.... AHHHHHHHH.... WHY???? WAAAAAA???? WHYYYYYYY?" - Nacy Kerrigan. :( " might not be the best for the gig?

pflo
01-29-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm sorry...let me be more clear on this. He should have done a solo album with him playing bass and SINGING and hire some studio musicians on guitar and drums.

There are a few bass plaers that made solo albums...Gene SImmons,Billy Sheehan...how fucking stupid id that?

David Lee Roth Videos (http://www.davidleerothvideos.blogspot.com) Its about as stupid as a bluegrass album of rock classics. Or a virtuoso scoring a skin flick.

vhrothfan
01-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Maybe Ringo Anthony turned down VH for this gig.
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43601

diamondD
01-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Yep.

Hypocrites.

LM, we've never agreed more than on this subject. It's been nothing but VH=Dave, Eddie, Alex, and Mike and no other line-up could compare with the original since this site started.

So what Mike went out and played some VH songs? Dave's been doing the same thing since when? Ever since he came back opening for Bad Company after the '96 fiasco, how many solo songs has he played in his sets?

This 2 bands thing is just an excuse. I'm sure you wouldn't have to ask Mike twice about getting out there and bringing closure to one of the greatest BANDS of all time.

It's gonna be great, it's gonna rock. But is sucks how easy it would really be to make it the real deal, then move on. I'm sure they don't have plans to do anything with Dave after this, so why not just put the Wolfie thing on hold if you aren't gonna make new music?

But who really knows? After all the cryptic hints and messages during the 2000 attempt, maybe Mike will walk out at the press conference. Hopefully, at least jam one last time at the Hall of Fame.

vhrothfan
01-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by diamondD

So what Mike went out and played some VH songs? Dave's been doing the same thing since when?

At least Dave co wrote all the CVH songs.

Van Halen Videos (http://www.vanhalenvideos.blogspot.com)

LoungeMachine
01-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
LM, we've never agreed more than on this subject.

The world officially ends at midnight.

The MikeyHate coming from some of these so-called CVH die-hards is so pathetic [ see: Maxi ] it's laughable.

They're flaming Mike the same way they flame Roy.

This tells me 2 things.

1 - They have no clue how good the original 4 were live, in the flesh up close.

2- They just like having something to rant about.

The kicker is this....

Should spED wake up [come to] some morning and have his skank, er, publicist issue a statement that Mike is on the tour again, and back in HIS band, the Maxis of the world will be out of their gourds with glee the ONLY LINEUP EVER TO BE RIGHTFULLY CALLED VAN HALEN will be playing.

Well, they'll always have Ga y and Roy to kick around, I guess

LoungeMachine
01-29-2007, 11:29 PM
At least Dave co wrote all the CVH songs.

You keep throwing around that term CVH.

Got any clue what the C in CVH stands for, mensa?

hideyoursheep
01-29-2007, 11:35 PM
You keep throwing around that term CVH.
Got any clue what the C in CVH stands for, mensa?

To him it's obvious:
Caught Vaginal Herpes.
:uck:

LoungeMachine
01-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
To him it's obvious:
Caught Vaginal Herpes.
:uck:

:lol:

Dude, you're on a roll tonight.

*** HYS also posted that Barack Obama should change his name to Barack Bin Laden......BushCO could never find him.

vhrothfan
01-29-2007, 11:56 PM
I would rather see the original CVH lineup with Ringo Anthony but if its Dave and Ed in VH then thats good enough for me. Since Wolfie is officially in VH then they shouldn't bill it as a CVH reunion. It will be interesting to see if Wolfie is as good as Ed says he is and maybe he can hit the high notes.

As I said before Neal Schon joined Santana when he was only 15.

rustoffa
01-30-2007, 12:15 AM
2- They just like having something to rant about.

All bets are off.

TRUST ME.

:)

WARF
01-30-2007, 12:18 AM
Van Halen is Dave, Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang.
The Other Half is Sammy, Mikey, Montel Williams and some other loser.

Case Closed.

Finally no more mullets on stage!!
Sam and Mikey can live happily ever after now!!!

Plexi Head
01-30-2007, 12:47 AM
Van Halen is Dave, Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang.

Last time I looked on my VH1 through 1984 re-masters it clearly had Anthony's name listed as bass player and in the writing credits.

Van Helen won't be Dave, Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang until they actually DO SOMETHING. Proof will be in the pudding but I aint seen shit so far.

Plexi Head
01-30-2007, 12:49 AM
How the fuck can ya take anything this dick says seriously when he can't even spell the name of the band. I'm gonna crawl back into my hole now.

WARF
01-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Plexi Head
Last time I looked on my VH1 through 1984 re-masters it clearly had Anthony's name listed as bass player and in the writing credits.

Whatever...
Ed switches band members...
Like Three's Company switches dumb blonde roommates!!!

saintbarry
01-30-2007, 12:57 AM
You guys are all making good points,but here is something to consider!Who is going to sing background vocals without MIke.Eddie only has half a tongue and it sounds like he is having a hard time talking much less singing any background vocals.Roth will be singing great as always but he won't be singing any background vocals either.Alex"the neckbrace Van Halen" doesn't sing,so that only leaves one and that is Wolfie!!!!!I'm not sure if Wolfie can pull it off???????I tell you one thing,that is allot of pressure on that Kid,and as much as I can't wait to see Eddie and David together again,CVH without great background vocals is not going to sound like CVH,..........not even close!!!!!!!!

Plexi Head
01-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Whatever...
Ed switches band members...
Like Three's Company switches dumb blonde roommates!!!

No argument there, and when he inducts the new member they are always the greatest friend he has ever had,

I just personally, after waiting for so long would have loved to have seen the original lineup.

Jérôme Frenchise
01-30-2007, 01:01 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What. The. Fuck. Ever.

Damn, I missed that one.

Criticizing any kind of people, artists or not, is nearly everybody's hobby here, though nearly nobody has a 1/100th of their records.
So that "argument" is of no value, all the more so as you're never the last at that "sport", all right?

Where does that tone come from? Why suddenly stop ignoring me like I've been doing with your rants myself?
Why now? And what on earth makes you think that I'm big, eh?
Damn, I've been posting here for two years, so why the fuck wait that long before pissing me off, really?

So... this was where it was supposed to lead?
Wow. Well done. How clever. And those capital letters, in addition.

What a brilliant, impressive, culture-fueled statement...

What can you tell about my own gigs, uh?
The last concert with my band was a blast. People keep on talking about it.
OK, they weren't 60,000, so what?

Has anybody posting here ever needed to be a top level artist to allow themselves to state controversial views?

Plexi Head
01-30-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by saintbarry
You guys are all making good points,but here is something to consider!Who is going to sing background vocals without MIke.Eddie only has half a tongue and it sounds like he is having a hard time talking much less singing any background vocals.Roth will be singing great as always but he won't be singing any background vocals either.Alex"the neckbrace Van Halen" doesn't sing,so that only leaves one and that is Wolfie!!!!!I'm not sure if Wolfie can pull it off???????I tell you one thing,that is allot of pressure on that Kid,and as much as I can't wait to see Eddie and David together again,CVH without great background vocals is not going to sound like CVH,..........not even close!!!!!!!!

Maybe Alex's kid can sing backups, whats his name? Satchel or some fucking thing like that.

binnie
01-30-2007, 03:01 AM
Wow, this threads still going....

So many opinions in here I'm confused.

Will I still go with Wolfie on bass: hell yeah.

Would I rather it were Mike: damn straight.

And just because he played with Sammy's band, doesn't mean he shouldn't be involved in this. That's such a schoolyard mentality.

It's not like he was given the choice, Ed or Sam, and he chose Sam is it....

Bo Nozos
01-30-2007, 03:28 AM
I think BassPlayer should be involved in this reunion for "closure" and "legacy" reasons, but what kind of a cunt would say the following:

"[Ed] did not want Sammy doing any promoting of his stuff at all using the VAN HALEN name but a lot of that you don't have any control over. I came out with a hot sauce about the same time we were putting the tour together and the local radio station here in Los Angeles, KLOS, they would talk about the tour and then they would talk about my hot sauce. Well the brothers caught wind of that and they thought that I had my people, as they would say 'my people,' calling the radio station and telling them to pump my hot sauce on VAN HALEN's dime here or whatever and they finally asked me to have my people 'cease and desist,' I remember that distinctly. But I didn't have a damn thing to do with that and I have no control over what the radio station said. In fact, gee isn't this one of the benefits that you're supposed to reap from all these years of success that you can be able to go off and do something like that and promote something?"

Sammy turned BassPlayer into a has-been junk-seller, just like vampires turn their favorite victims into the undead. Edward Van Halen is a retard and a psycho, but I applaud him for getting pissed about Bette and BassPlayer peddling tequila and hot sauce. That shit is beneath one of the greatest rock bands in American history. It cheapens their legacy. And Ed knows this, despite his drug and alcohol haze.

BassPlayer, I wish you were on stage this summer rather than that fat pimply child, but dude you suck. In every way possible.

BALLYJUNKIE
01-30-2007, 04:03 AM
HEY I LIKE THOSE 3 DUMB BLOND ROOMATES ..... CHRISSY ,CINDY AND TERRI WERE HOT .......... DONT KNOCK A BLONDIE !!!................

BALLYJUNKIE
01-30-2007, 04:08 AM
LETS FACE IT VAN HALEN IS THE REAL LIVE VERSION OF "SPINAL TAP"........I WILL BE SURPRIZED IF THEY MAKE IT PAST 1 SHOW ,LET ALONE 40 ...... IF EVEN MIKEY WAS THERE .... THEY MIGHT EVEN HAVE A FIGHT MID-SHOW .... THAT WOULD BE A SPECTACLE ...

VanHalener
01-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise

Sorry you're bored, but you're reading this thread and contributing to it. You know where you can stick your response and instructions, and I guess you don't need a drawing either.

The question was, "Who cares about MA." I care. However small a part he may be considered to be, he is still part of Van Halen; no longer bass player, but still a missing part.

If he's gone, he's gone. Goodbye Mikey. Good luck.

Cannot do a damn thing about it....

ON WITH VAN HALEN 2007

jgdrag
01-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
HEY I LIKE THOSE 3 DUMB BLOND ROOMATES ..... CHRISSY ,CINDY AND TERRI WERE HOT .......... DONT KNOCK A BLONDIE !!!................

Why are you yelling?

Jérôme Frenchise
01-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Sorry you're bored, but you're reading this thread and contributing to it. You know where you can stick your response and instructions, and I guess you don't need a drawing either.

The question was, "Who cares about MA." I care. However small a part he may be considered to be, he is still part of Van Halen; no longer bass player, but still a missing part.

If he's gone, he's gone. Goodbye Mikey. Good luck.

Cannot do a damn thing about it....

ON WITH VAN HALEN 2007

I'm really sorry, dude. That post I wrote wasn't smart at all, and even very inappropriate.
BTW, it's not my habit to wipe out opinions that differ from mine, that way in addition.
So, as a fellow member, I sincerely apologize. This was basically my mistake.

Actually I can understand why and how many of us still regret that Mike Anthony won't be part of the Tour, I even agree with many arguments in favour of his presence (he's the original member, you can't really take him out of the band without lessening the band, as a person - and why not as backing vocalist); I admit that it would be better to count him in, but I don't see his absence as a catastrophe at all.

Now this is more like the way I usually write my posts. :cool:

conmee
01-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Brethren and Sistren,

The decision by Edward to have Gary Cherone sing did more to cheapen the legacy of CVH than selling hot sauce or tequila (even though I'd argue that Sammy AND Gary both cheapened the legacy...).

People have their opinions and I respect that. If people want to beat up on Michael Anthony, who am I to stop them. As Lounge pointed out, though, there were a few lean years where the only fan-friendly guy was MA, and he's a nice enough person in person. And everyone around here put him on a pedastal. Look, he played what was necessary to get the job done, and in my mind, as a decent human being (albeit his judgement seems impaired by tequila), brought the Everyman aspect to the band. A supporting role, the luckiest bastard on the planet, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, but sung the hell out of the backing vocals and therefore contributed more than just a mullet and open E. lol Hell, not everyone can be a guitar virtuoso, drum master, and Toastmaster General.

I hate to do it, but I'll pull out the Old-Timer's Card and ask anyone who has actually SEEN UP CLOSE AND LIVE IN FRONT OF YOUR STEAMING NAKED EYES the original lineup in their prime, can you really tell yourself that this is for the best? Or, to quote a Hagar tune, Good Enough? lol

And I know the boots don't do this band justice, well, the boots are pretty goddam fantastic, but imagine seeing this band in its heyday, well, just WATCH some of those boots if you're too young to have seen the original. Tell me honestly that it doesn't matter to you about the bass player. If you can look yourself in the mirror and accept it, fine with me. Maybe the same people that spent money on Van Hagar concerts or Van Cherone told themselves what they were witnessing was Van Halen... if it get's you through the day.

But in 1984, I witnessed history. Hell, everytime VH took the stage you'd witness history. You'd witness the exact amount of rock, guitar god, drum master, bass playing, backing vocals, and stage presence to turn what, for any other band is simply a concert, into a bonafide life-changing event for most folks... whether that change resulted in losing one's virginity later that night, smoking a fat sack of weed with 20,000 of your closest friends, or just hearing for one of the few times in anyone's life, the glorious sonic fusion of method and madness, form and function, DLR, Edward, Alex... AND Michael.

For the younger fans, or fans who just never were able to line up the right place, right time, to see the original in all their glory, as I said in another thread, I can't blame you and won't fault you if you want to see Edward and DLR on stage together, to see if there's some magic left in the tank. But don't kid yourselves. You're not witnessing a reunion and you're not witnessing Classic Van Halen. There's only magic when each of the necessary ingredients are present. Take one out and it just doesn't work quite the same. And the results aren't what you were expecting.

One of the few bands in history that actually brought great harmonies and chorus to rock n roll, it's hard to do. That's a serious component to creating the magic and the party vibe, and it will be missing from this Van Wolfgang lineup.

Hey, I'm not going. I have seen the original, and I'm just not that interested in seeing pieces/parts anymore. It's all or nothing for me, and it was for DLR up until recently it seems. I've seen DLR solo on many occasions, and even saw Van Hagar butcher some classics back in '88 at the Monsters of Rock in LA (the first, last, and only time I witnessed Van Hagar in person), and I think that's enough of the close but no cigar variety of Van Whatever.

I can die tomorrow with the peace of mind that I have life insurance and I saw Classic Van Halen as it was meant to be. Edward, DLR, Alex, Michael. I hope for the current generation of fans to witness the same magic.

Carry on!

Icon.

mott98
01-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Bo Nozos
I
Sammy turned BassPlayer into a has-been junk-seller, just like vampires turn their favorite victims into the undead. Edward Van Halen is a retard and a psycho, but I applaud him for getting pissed about Bette and BassPlayer peddling tequila and hot sauce. That shit is beneath one of the greatest rock bands in American history. It cheapens their legacy. And Ed knows this, despite his drug and alcohol haze.

BassPlayer, I wish you were on stage this summer rather than that fat pimply child, but dude you suck. In every way possible.

"Hi, I'm Eddie Van Halen. Here, buy my $2500 or $25,000 guitar (which I built for $200), my $1000 amp, my $150 Phaser, my $150 Flanger, and a D-Tuna and sound JUST LIKE ME!! HONEST!!!!"

"And, for an additional $15, get your copy of 'Best of Both Worlds', a best of CD which closely follows our release of 'Van Halen - Best of".

Yeah, Mikey's Hot Sauce and Sam's Tequila really cheapen the legacy compared to that.

ELVIS
01-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by conmee
AND Michael.

Carry on!

Icon.

You know...

I was starting to think to myself, maybe I will catch a show and see this thing with Edward's son, just to see Dave and Edward, or whatever...

But, I AM NOT!

It's gonna suck anyhow...

call me when they call Michael...

:elvis:

Jérôme Frenchise
01-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by conmee
Brethren and Sistren,

The decision by Edward to have Gary Cherone sing did more to cheapen the legacy of CVH than selling hot sauce or tequila (even though I'd argue that Sammy AND Gary both cheapened the legacy...).

People have their opinions and I respect that. If people want to beat up on Michael Anthony, who am I to stop them. As Lounge pointed out, though, there were a few lean years where the only fan-friendly guy was MA, and he's a nice enough person in person. And everyone around here put him on a pedastal. Look, he played what was necessary to get the job done, and in my mind, as a decent human being (albeit his judgement seems impaired by tequila), brought the Everyman aspect to the band. A supporting role, the luckiest bastard on the planet, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, but sung the hell out of the backing vocals and therefore contributed more than just a mullet and open E. lol Hell, not everyone can be a guitar virtuoso, drum master, and Toastmaster General.

I hate to do it, but I'll pull out the Old-Timer's Card and ask anyone who has actually SEEN UP CLOSE AND LIVE IN FRONT OF YOUR STEAMING NAKED EYES the original lineup in their prime, can you really tell yourself that this is for the best? Or, to quote a Hagar tune, Good Enough? lol

And I know the boots don't do this band justice, well, the boots are pretty goddam fantastic, but imagine seeing this band in its heyday, well, just WATCH some of those boots if you're too young to have seen the original. Tell me honestly that it doesn't matter to you about the bass player. If you can look yourself in the mirror and accept it, fine with me. Maybe the same people that spent money on Van Hagar concerts or Van Cherone told themselves what they were witnessing was Van Halen... if it get's you through the day.

But in 1984, I witnessed history. Hell, everytime VH took the stage you'd witness history. You'd witness the exact amount of rock, guitar god, drum master, bass playing, backing vocals, and stage presence to turn what, for any other band is simply a concert, into a bonafide life-changing event for most folks... whether that change resulted in losing one's virginity later that night, smoking a fat sack of weed with 20,000 of your closest friends, or just hearing for one of the few times in anyone's life, the glorious sonic fusion of method and madness, form and function, DLR, Edward, Alex... AND Michael.

For the younger fans, or fans who just never were able to line up the right place, right time, to see the original in all their glory, as I said in another thread, I can't blame you and won't fault you if you want to see Edward and DLR on stage together, to see if there's some magic left in the tank. But don't kid yourselves. You're not witnessing a reunion and you're not witnessing Classic Van Halen. There's only magic when each of the necessary ingredients are present. Take one out and it just doesn't work quite the same. And the results aren't what you were expecting.

One of the few bands in history that actually brought great harmonies and chorus to rock n roll, it's hard to do. That's a serious component to creating the magic and the party vibe, and it will be missing from this Van Wolfgang lineup.

Hey, I'm not going. I have seen the original, and I'm just not that interested in seeing pieces/parts anymore. It's all or nothing for me, and it was for DLR up until recently it seems. I've seen DLR solo on many occasions, and even saw Van Hagar butcher some classics back in '88 at the Monsters of Rock in LA (the first, last, and only time I witnessed Van Hagar in person), and I think that's enough of the close but no cigar variety of Van Whatever.

I can die tomorrow with the peace of mind that I have life insurance and I saw Classic Van Halen as it was meant to be. Edward, DLR, Alex, Michael. I hope for the current generation of fans to witness the same magic.

Carry on!

Icon.

Now this is what they call a Post.
Thank you, sir. :cool:

WARF
01-30-2007, 12:08 PM
WOLFIE OR THE GRAVE!!!

VanHalener
01-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
You know...

I was starting to think to myself, maybe I will catch a show and see this thing with Edward's son, just to see Dave and Edward, or whatever...

But, I AM NOT!

It's gonna suck anyhow...

call me when they call Michael...

:elvis:

You know, you have to mow through a lot of shit to get to the good Van Halen. Clean the windshield, get back int the car, and go see VH with DLR.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4kjaNtFBXc8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4kjaNtFBXc8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

kamaboko
01-30-2007, 09:15 PM
I suspect MA thought after 25 years he had had enough. Hell, who can blame him. He made a shit load of money. Why tour under a mountain of stress? Dave and Ed trying to fit their heads in the same room wouldn't leave much space for anyone else.

I'd say it's pretty suck ass how a lot of people over the years would say, "yeah, MA rocks. he was fucking awesome on the last tour". Now he leaves and just wants to live a relaxed life and people piss on him? What ever...24/7 on the beach doesn't sound too bad to me.

Plexi Head
01-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by kamaboko

I'd say it's pretty suck ass how a lot of people over the years would say, "yeah, MA rocks. he was fucking awesome on the last tour". Now he leaves and just wants to live a relaxed life and people piss on him? What ever...24/7 on the beach doesn't sound too bad to me.

Nice post. Human nature I guess, funny how in here many of the supposed sheep killers become the sheep themselves.

General Hina
01-30-2007, 11:08 PM
A Classic Van Halen Reunion is a 4 piece puzzle!! if one piece is missing then the picture is not complete!

rustoffa
01-30-2007, 11:20 PM

I'd hate to be at that beach where people are pissing on MA 24/7.

Nothing relaxing about that scenario. As a matter of fact, it'd be downright disturbing!! And weird!!!

Thanks alot for the litter box humor.

LoungeMachine
01-30-2007, 11:22 PM
He might have had plans to bring friends, with which to share pissing duties.

No one wants to piss 24/7, even on the beach.

Certainly not on MiA

rustoffa
01-30-2007, 11:31 PM
He might have had plans to bring friends, with which to share pissing duties.

No one wants to piss 24/7, even on the beach.

Certainly not on MiA

Next thing you know? It's like those sideshow cuntests where folks are shooting water pistols in a fake clown's mouth...trying to blow up the balloon on top!!
:(

kamaboko
01-31-2007, 12:28 AM
I guess EVH could head on down to the beach and have wolfie play for meth money.

rustoffa
01-31-2007, 12:54 AM
I guess EVH could head on down to the beach and have wolfie play for meth money.

5 stars. Way up.

TAKIN WHISKEY
01-31-2007, 12:59 AM
I have been waiting for a CVH reunion since Dave left. Much like we all have. Back in 96 I celebrated. I saw the welcome back theme on MTV, while a friend of mine was over driking some beers. We were all smiles. So the internet is in full swing and I keep up with every possible reunion with The Diamond One. Leads me to this post.

I ask my wife the other day. You going with me to see Van Halen this summer? She knows the details, I Keep her posted. She says, that entire group is like a bunch of girls. It's a soap opera. Give it up already, it will never happen.

I think that is the opinion of a lot of people, and unless it is the original line-up they lose credibility. People wil view it as just another attempt at a comeback by Van Halen.

We know that VH can kick ass without MA. We question the vocals, but know that Dave and Ed together are still going to smoke. But, what truly needs to happen here, if we are all to achieve maximum satisfaction, is for the 4 origional members to reunite.

It's not too late to do what is right by your fans. It would certainly benefit the legacy of Van Halen, and each members estate by doing this thing the way it is suppose to be fuckin done.

kamaboko
01-31-2007, 01:32 AM
[i]
It's not too late to do what is right by your fans. It would certainly benefit the legacy of Van Halen, and each members estate by doing this thing the way it is suppose to be fuckin done. [/B]

It would be nice, but never happen. EVH is like the Ford Motor Company. He doesn't listen to his customrs, he just puts out shit and says buy it.

vanhalendlrband
01-31-2007, 03:31 AM
MIcheal blew his loyalty, thats why i say fuck him. Anyone who goes touring with Sammy willingly is a fag. When i first heard of MIcheal doing that i thought he was the biggest cocksucker in the world after that...seriously.

vhrothfan
01-31-2007, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by vanhalendlrband
MIcheal blew his loyalty, thats why i say fuck him. Anyone who goes touring with Sammy willingly is a fag. When i first heard of MIcheal doing that i thought he was the biggest cocksucker in the world after that...seriously.

I agree.

fryingdutchman
01-31-2007, 05:38 AM
I agree.

We can all rest easy now that we have your concurrence....

vhrothfan
01-31-2007, 05:40 AM
Good.

fryingdutchman
01-31-2007, 05:44 AM
Now he leaves and just wants to live a relaxed life and people piss on him? What ever...24/7 on the beach doesn't sound too bad to me.

Methinks that MA didn't "leave" of his own accord...

More like he was kicked to the curb by Ed as a spite move to punish him for his Hagar transgressions....

Mike has shown one thing pretty consistently....that he enjoys getting up on stage and playing music.

I don't think he would turn down an opportunity to play...especially in the spotlight of a full CVH reunion with Roth.

If there was ever a time when MA would have been justified in "calling it quits" it would have been during the "Cherone incident" (as I like to call it.)

Roth being back in the fold is NOT the fucking time to hang up your guitar....

4moreyears
01-31-2007, 06:55 AM
Dude...

That makes no sense. First of all VH was inactive so he was not jeopardizing any obligations he may have had with VH. Second of all bands do not compete directly in the same nature as sporting teams do so it is impossible to make the same comparison.

4moreyears
01-31-2007, 06:58 AM

Wow if all he has to do is play music want to get out of the house and not wait for Ed to get off the meth pipe and he is the biggest cocksucker in the world...amazing.

Vinnie Velvet
01-31-2007, 10:49 AM
Wow if all he has to do is play music want to get out of the house and not wait for Ed to get off the meth pipe and he is the biggest cocksucker in the world...amazing.

Yeah, but of all the musicians/artists out there, of ALL OF THEM, he just had to, he fucking just had to start playing with Hagar whom Mike KNOWS had a bitter falling out with Van Halen in '96 --- and he goes out and plays with that guy???

Real smart.

I mean, there are others, but Mike CHOSE to play with Sammy 'cause they were bum chum buddies.

4moreyears
01-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Yeah, but of all the musicians/artists out there, of ALL OF THEM, he just had to, he fucking just had to start playing with Hagar whom Mike KNOWS had a bitter falling out with Van Halen in '96 --- and he goes out and plays with that guy???

Real smart.

I mean, there are others, but Mike CHOSE to play with Sammy 'cause they were bum chum buddies.

Jason Becker played with Dave and is good friends with Eddie. (See Here (http://www.vhnd.com/articles/010212-01.shtml)) Dave's parting in 85 from VH was much bitter than Sammy's and Dave's in 96 was not very peaceful. Eddie is just being a baby instead of a grown man.

vanhalendlrband
01-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Jason Becker played with Dave and is good friends with Eddie. (See Here (http://www.vhnd.com/articles/010212-01.shtml)) Dave's parting in 85 from VH was much bitter than Sammy's and Dave's in 96 was not very peaceful. Eddie is just being a baby instead of a grown man.

Jason Becker was in Van Halen?

VanHalener
01-31-2007, 10:11 PM
Jason Becker was in Van Halen?

Yes, Becker was lead guitarist of Van Halen from Aug 2001 to April 2003.

vanhalendlrband
01-31-2007, 10:13 PM
I was being sarcastic

Dan
01-31-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by General Hina
A Classic Van Halen Reunion is a 4 piece puzzle!! if one piece is missing then the picture is not complete!

You are missing Over and Out from your posts.:D

WARF
02-01-2007, 11:39 PM

BINGO! :cool:

jgdrag
02-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Fuck the bass player

WARF
02-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by jgdrag
Fuck the bass player

Quote of the year right there!
5 stars for you!

hideyoursheep
02-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Radio Birdman
Rolling Stones also lost the bass player,still went on to packed stadiums reguardless.

They also kept the same voice out front. AND didn't fall apart over solo efforts.

hideyoursheep
02-02-2007, 11:19 AM
First of all VH was inactive so he was not jeopardizing any obligations he may have had with VH.....

Oh, I gotta disagree wit that one! Any time someone steps out of 50cent50 to play music without diED, you become the enemy.
GO ASK ALEEEEEEX, I THINK SHE'LL KNOOWWWWWW!:stupid:

WARF
02-02-2007, 11:24 AM
i'm diggin' Ed's attitude this year.
Smokin' 3 packs a day...
Totally full blown alcoholic...

These are the key ingredients Ed needs to tolerate David Lee Roth on tour for more than Day!!! :D

So this reunion will work...

You need to be completely hammered or David Lee Roth will drive you to the point of suicide!!

Ed even made a quote this year...
"Get up on the stage and sing, bitch!!!"

ED IS BACK!!!!

Vinnie Velvet
02-02-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm sure Ed's chick Janie will keep Dave in check by inviting up some of her former 'clients' to keep Diamond happy.

WARF
02-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Funny stuff, Vinny Velvetta!!!

Vinnie Velvet
02-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Funny stuff, Vinny Velvetta!!!

Um....yeah.

Thanks WARF.

JOIN THE WOLF GANG or be a FAGGOT for the rest of your pathetic life!!!

WARF
02-02-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't even wanna support my own club!
Wolfgang is a homo!!! lol

On the second thought, bring back Michael Anthony bitches!!!