PDA

View Full Version : concerned!

ukcvhnut
01-28-2007, 10:03 AM
:( anyone else got the feelin this reunion just ain`t goin to happen??

kastco
01-28-2007, 10:29 AM
I had said earlier that I would believe it when I see them step out on stage. Just too many things that could throw a wrench into the works. Namely the RRHOF. I think the Van Halens, along with Dave and whoever is on bass should tape an acceptance speech and state they are too busy with rehersals for their upcoming tour. Maybe show a clip of them banging out a tune or two in the studio and thats it. You know that if all of them get together, meaning Dave, Ed, Alex, Mike and Sammy, that there will be fireworks. IMO Sammy is like that spoiled kid we all knew. He'll do whatever he has to to throw a wrench into the works. Then again, if the brothers and Dave sign contracts to tour with Live Nation it is not likely they'll back out. Live Nation would take them for everything thay have. So I guess we'll see. I'm looking forward tot the press conference. That should tell a lot.
I can just picture Sammy and MA standing on stage watching a video feed from 5150 with Dave and the boys saying they're too busy with rehersals. His red pants will match his red face.LOL

mott98
01-28-2007, 12:37 PM
If you read Sammy's quotes up to this point, I think he knows he is getting in the RRHOF via the back door -- not like he would make it on his own career. I think he will actually have a lot of humility in this situation up to and including the ceremony.

If Sammy is going to create a mess, he will do it in interviews immediately afterward (Eddie is still drunk, they should have done a song with me, yadda yadda). He seems like the type that will want to have a nice home video of himself on stage at that ceremony.

Tell ya what, though, you can put money on this --- when they traipse up on stage to accept, you can bet your last dollar Wolfie will be the 6th person onstage with them. Ed's head is so far up his son's ass that he will insist on Wolfie coming up with them.

PHOENIX
01-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by ukcvhnut

Like the great Steve Perry once said...." Dont Stop Believin".

Or as George Micheal would say.... " You Gotta Have Faith".

Terry
01-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by ukcvhnut

Well, this particular reunion, without all of the band and any new music...I mean, it really doesn't MATTER if it happens. It's really a half-assed rehash of what COULD and SHOULD have happened ten years ago.

The only upside of it is to get the opportunity to see Dave and Ed live together again before Ed drinks himself to death. That's a bit different than a full-on CVH reunion, with the group touring to promote a killer new album. THAT is a band looking towards the future, and THAT is a reunion to anticipate.