PDA

View Full Version : My Kids Love VH

Antman
01-28-2007, 02:03 PM
This may not belong in main, but I just wanted to share this. My two boys, ages 3 & 5 love VH. Not kidding. I'm the type of person who would love for my kids to like what I like, but would never push anything on them. I always listen to VH in my car. But if they wanted to listen to a kiddie CD, I would gladly oblige. So, I pull out Diver Down a few months ago since I forgot how much i really like it. So one day the kids are in the car and I ask them they want to listen to something light like Kelly Clarkson (yes, I have to admit I dig her and her music) so my 3 year old goes, "No put on Van Halen" Needless to say DD has been in my car for the last 5 or 6 months. They love and sing Little Guitars, Big Bad Bill and Happy Trails. I have to admit out of all the songs on the first 6 albums, I maybe only listened to BBB a handful of times, until now. I actually now know all the words and have grown to like it. Their favorite part is "a brown skin woman bobbed his hair". Don't ask me why but they crack up over that part. As a side note, my father got XM Christmas from my sis and her husband and he loves the 40s and big band stuff. So my 5 year old goes in one day and said, "Poppy, turn off that garbage and put on some Van Halen!"

bantonelli
01-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Antman

my 5 year old goes in one day and said, "Poppy, turn off that garbage and put on some Van Halen!"

bantonelli
01-28-2007, 02:12 PM
I suggest you buy your kids' Grandpa a CVH CD from them :)

Grandpa diggin' Van Halen-Roth Era ONLY ;)

Antman
01-28-2007, 02:15 PM
My dad actually liked Just a Gigolo as he remembers the original by Louis Prima. He always had to point it out that it wasn't Dave's song.

Diamondjimi
01-28-2007, 03:10 PM
My two boys, ages 3 & 5 love VH.

What do they do when Eruption is blasting?:D

Dave Smith
01-28-2007, 03:16 PM
This may not belong in main, but I just wanted to share this. My two boys, ages 3 & 5 love VH. Not kidding. I'm the type of person who would love for my kids to like what I like, but would never push anything on them. I always listen to VH in my car. But if they wanted to listen to a kiddie CD, I would gladly oblige. So, I pull out Diver Down a few months ago since I forgot how much i really like it. So one day the kids are in the car and I ask them they want to listen to something light like Kelly Clarkson (yes, I have to admit I dig her and her music) so my 3 year old goes, "No put on Van Halen" Needless to say DD has been in my car for the last 5 or 6 months. They love and sing Little Guitars, Big Bad Bill and Happy Trails. I have to admit out of all the songs on the first 6 albums, I maybe only listened to BBB a handful of times, until now. I actually now know all the words and have grown to like it. Their favorite part is "a brown skin woman bobbed his hair". Don't ask me why but they crack up over that part. As a side note, my father got XM Christmas from my sis and her husband and he loves the 40s and big band stuff. So my 5 year old goes in one day and said, "Poppy, turn off that garbage and put on some Van Halen!"

Van Halen is hiring!!!! Maybe your Kids can aply to join them in a couple of years?

:D

jasonmint
01-28-2007, 03:22 PM
originally posted by bantonelli
I suggest you buy your kids' Grandpa a CVH CD from them Grandpa diggin' Van Halen-Roth Era ONLY

That's all those of us old enough to be grandpa's remember anyhow, Roth era, did Van Halen ever have another singer?:D

bantonelli
01-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by jasonmint
That's all those of us old enough to be grandpa's remember anyhow, Roth era, did Van Halen ever have another singer?:D

True. I wish my Grandpa dug Rock over Benny Goodman!