PDA

View Full Version : I Fuckin Hate "reality Tv"

Diamondjimi
01-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Hollywood has truely run out of ideas. This "reality" shit is bottoming out. First there was "Survivior"(not bad) then "Temptation Island"(lame) . Then of course "The Osbournes" which was'nt too bad ,but made Oz look like a braindead dumbshit (not cool).
It's made some no talents famous such as Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie. Now Kelly & Jack Osbourne have their own shows. :rolleyes:
Oh and David Fosters show with those two a-hole stepsons who leach off his fortunes. Boring
The absolute WORST has to be The Carters. What a load of fuckin shite ! A house full of flakey showbiz wannabe siblings. A total bunch of drama queens. :uck:

I am patiently awaiting the great quake of the millenium to carry away
this epidemic of SHIT TV out to the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Until then I will continue to use the "off" option on my remote control...........

Ozzy Fudd
01-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Hollywood cuntinues it's dumbing down of America!
With Armed and Famous..WTF. only thing i feel is tht Jack Osbourne might just be thinking doing this full time.

Terry
01-28-2007, 08:26 PM
There's about as much reality to reality tv as in most fictional sitcoms, but what depresses me more is that so many seem to watch that shit.

And most of these reality shows and reality contests seem to be based on people winning by fucking other people over. Don't we see enough of this in our day-to-day lives?

Someone likes this stuff, more power to 'em.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go watch Coming Around The Canyon: The Best of Christy Canyon for the ten millionth time.

Little Texan
01-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Hollywood has truely run out of ideas. This "reality" shit is bottoming out. First there was "Survivior"(not bad) then "Temptation Island"(lame) . Then of course "The Osbournes" which was'nt too bad ,but made Oz look like a braindead dumbshit (not cool).
It's made some no talents famous such as Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie. Now Kelly & Jack Osbourne have their own shows. :rolleyes:
Oh and David Fosters show with those two a-hole stepsons who leach off his fortunes. Boring
The absolute WORST has to be The Carters. What a load of fuckin shite ! A house full of flakey showbiz wannabe siblings. A total bunch of drama queens. :uck:

I am patiently awaiting the great quake of the millenium to carry away
this epidemic of SHIT TV out to the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Until then I will continue to use the "off" option on my remote control...........

I hear ya! I, too, hate the fuck out of reality tv! Everything, except for maybe American Chopper, and even then the exaggerated, possibly staged confrontations between Paul Sr. and Paulie get a little old after a while. Modern day tv sucks serious ass...ALL of it, not just the reality shows! My remedy for it is to watch shows from when there were good quality shows on tv...I've been watching a ton of TV Land lately! Andy Griffith and Star Trek are two of my favorite tv shows ever! That is what you call great tv! I also love the old black and white episodes of the Twilight Zone, also great! There is plenty of good tv out there if you have cable or satellite, and know where to look!

Nitro Express
01-28-2007, 11:26 PM
American Chopper is so staged plus those guys sold out big time. Corporate logo choppers is an oxymoron to me. The Apprentace has nothing to do with business. It's finding nutcases who fuck up colorfully mixed with a few responsible ones. Give me a break Donald, it's all about promoting your brand plus getting payola from other corporations.

The only one I watch is the Surreal Life but the current episode just shows people who are onto the reality game themselves and tired of it.

Unless it involves full view sex or gladitorial type fighting I'm bored to tears of reality TV.

NightProwler
01-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Then of course "The Osbournes" which was'nt too bad ,but made Oz look like a braindead dumbshit (not cool).

Sadly, ozzie did that to himself. Nobody's fault but his own.

Susie Q
01-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Well....as a chick, I gotta say I like some of this stuff. The ones I watch could actually make you go, "WHAT?!!!!!!"

Armed and Famous
Celebrity Fat Club
Surreal Life/or whatever version is on now
I love NY - It's a train wreck that I have to keep watching...LOL
American Idol

Hardrock69
01-30-2007, 10:47 AM
I want Reality TV to die and go burn in Hell.

It is a waste of time.

Little Texan
01-31-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

In hell, there are 666 cable channels, and there are nothing but reality shows on every one of them! Talk about torment! :eek:

Nitro Express
01-31-2007, 02:07 AM
The television producers love reality TV because it's way more profitable that the old sitcoms were with the highly paid actors.

bueno bob
01-31-2007, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69

It is a waste of time.

Amen...

The only thing I even remotely cared for was "The Mole", and the reason I watched that is because it was actually intelligent.

Which is why nobody watched it after the first season and they resorted to 'Celebrity Mole', apparently.

BITEYOASS
01-31-2007, 08:59 AM
2 words "Savage Animal" WTF?!?!

Mr Badguy
01-31-2007, 04:16 PM
I don`t watch a lot of TV never mind reality TV.

The trouble with reality TV is that it`s not reality, there`s always an awareness that a camera is there.

That leads to a lot of manufactured expressions, reactions and emotions.

You don`t even get the kind of reality that you would get on hidden camera shows like "Candid camera".

Also, I prefer TV as a form of escapism rather than projecting yourself into another "real life" situation.

Like mobile phones, I`ve made it this far without reality TV and can survive perfectly well without it although I am aware that there are some that can`t.

Last_Child
01-31-2007, 04:45 PM
I hate it.

Especially the norwegian fuck ups.

We've made THE most useless show ever.
WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT NORWEGIANS IN SPAIN?!?!

If you know.. tell me.

Jérôme Frenchise
01-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Another problem is, TV viewers have got used to eating shit, so that they don't even remember - if, for the youngest, they ever knew anything worthy on the telly - what a decent program looked like.
It's an endless cycle of shit on the view. :D

I hardly ever switch on my TV set anymore, anyway when I do it's to watch a movie with a girlfriend.

I think it's even worse in Europe, as producers will seek to imitate what is done in the US, and of course it's not always the best that they'll choose... :)

Last_Child
02-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise

I think it's even worse in Europe, as producers will seek to imitate what is done in the US, and of course it's not always the best that they'll choose... :)

Exactly.

Coyote
02-01-2007, 01:05 PM

Well, Jeopardy started here a little while ago... :rolleyes:

The next time some fuck-up producer's looking for an idea to steal, check out Japan. Guaranteed to find something cool for us Western bastards. (Something other than anime, please...)

Coyote
02-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Christ, who am I to comment? I don't even watch TV anymore, except for "House", the occasional documentary and some movie I haven't seen in a while.

Jérôme Frenchise
02-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
Well, Jeopardy started here a little while ago... :rolleyes:

The next time some fuck-up producer's looking for an idea to steal, check out Japan. Guaranteed to find something cool for us Western bastards. (Something other than anime, please...)

I'd place Jeopardy at the top of TV games. At least you need to have some real worthy knowledge if you want to take part in it.
We had our version here for a few years, some 15 years ago.
Maybe what bugs you is the fact they just adaptad an existing program instead of creating one? :cool:

There's a fucking awful English game that was covered here: "The Weakest Link".
It consists of 8 or 10 candidates in the beginning, who are eliminated one by one after everybody votes against their opponents (and even have to explain why, facing the camera!).
They're asked (most of the time silly) questions, and each good answer gets more money in the end for the last 2 who compete for the total money.
It promotes a sick state of mind, with that stupid principle of "denunciating" candidates who are supposed not to fit in (might as well not fit in that kind of bullshit BTW) and it sort of valdates ignorance as something normal...
I think that, apart from other silly money-inducing games, that one is the worst of the worst. :rolleyes:

Anyway, as my grand pa says, the best place for a TV set is at the end of the field, on the stack of manure! :D

Coyote
02-01-2007, 01:46 PM
I'd place Jeopardy at the top of TV games. At least you need to have some real worthy knowledge if you want to take part in it.
We had our version here for a few years, some 15 years ago.
Maybe what bugs you is the fact they just adaptad an existing program instead of creating one? :cool:

Could be... :D

It consists of 8 or 10 candidates in the beginning, who are eliminated one by one after everybody votes against their opponents (and even have to explain why, facing the camera!).
They're asked (most of the time silly) questions, and each good answer gets more money in the end for the last 2 who compete for the total money.
It promotes a sick state of mind, with that stupid principle of "denunciating" candidates who are supposed not to fit in (might as well not fit in that kind of bullshit BTW) and it sort of valdates ignorance as something normal...
I think that, apart from other silly money-inducing games, that one is the worst of the worst. :rolleyes:

Yeah, we had that too. Luckily, not anymore. It just fuckin' sucked.

Last_Child
02-01-2007, 01:48 PM

We've had that shit too!

It ended pretty quick!
Cold be because it sucked big time.

Steve Savicki
02-05-2007, 06:20 AM
Is reallty TV really real? If so, it's trash.

Lost interest after finding out about the divorce of Darva Conger from that specific "Who wants to marry a millionaire."