PDA

View Full Version : Like a curse vanishing

Jérôme Frenchise
01-29-2007, 04:20 PM
I remember my English teacher calling me at the end of a course in May 1985 - she knew I was a Van Halen fan - pointing at an article aboute David Lee Roth quitting VH... Damn. After The Police splitting a while before, it was too hard a knock for my face that day!
Now it's 22 years later. All that wasted time in between (not completely wasted though, "Eat em and Smile" and "A little ain't enough", when you think back, are necessary records to have), wondering why on earth Dave/CVH fans could be cursed up to that point, having to face the destruction of the name Van Halen with always more ridiculous Van Hagar productions, and yet...
Those two decades of damnation finally had an end! Shit, what a relief!

Now, no fans on earth ever desserved the relief that Roth/CVH fans are feeling. Others do not know the price of what we're soon going to witness, really.
Being a Roth/CVH fan makes other fans look like spolied kids with no insides!
Before the 1985 split, there had never been REAL rock fans.

I feel more than happy about the Reunion, like most of us do here; maybe it's time to let it out. :)

ThatArtGuy
01-29-2007, 07:29 PM
I'll be relieved once I have seen some kind of proof that it is happening with my own hot, steaming, naked eyes. Until then, I'm just happy that Sammy's holed himself in Cabo with no intentions of leaving.

ELVIS
01-29-2007, 07:42 PM
I believe it's happening, but the thought of no Michael Anthony still leaves a bad taste in my mouth...:(

sadaist
01-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Michael Anthony still leaves a bad taste in my mouth...:(

Try brushing afterwards.

Sounds like something Sammy was overheard saying.

fryingdutchman
01-30-2007, 04:52 AM
As long as Ed continues to serve his own needs with no deference to the die-hard fans with 30+ years under their belts, the "curse" will always be there.

Fat Wolfie
01-30-2007, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Elvis
I believe it's happening, but the thought of no Michael Anthony still leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

Originally posted by sadaist
Try brushing afterwards.

Sounds like something Sammy was overheard saying.

I thought it was Mikey who was giving blow jobs.

binnie
01-30-2007, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Fat Wolfie
I thought it was Mikey who was giving blow jobs.

Well, I'm sure you would know.....

DavidLeeNatra
01-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Well, I'm sure you would know.....

:D