PDA

View Full Version : MA plays VH

jgdrag
01-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Not sure if this has been posted yet?
Did MA tell Edward and Alex to go and fuck themselves first?
MA sick of all the bullshit that is Edward and Alex Van Halen finally got the nerve and financial backup to finally do what Dave did in 1985?
Good gig if you can get it, tour every, say 5 years, get paid, and kick back for years on end? Until, you don’t have to take the Van Halen bullshit?
Did MA see this dysfunctional band falling apart in 1985 and planned on leaving as Dave did and waited and bought his time?

DavidLeeNatra
01-30-2007, 10:56 AM
bass player never planned on doing anything...if so he could easily have done so several times...

he is no "driving force"...he is that kind of backbone that you need to keep things together but he is unable to invent something himself...

lucky he should be that he was part of one of the biggest things in rock history...

jgdrag
01-30-2007, 11:07 AM
He did not need to be a driving force, Ed wrote all the music, all bass player had to do was play, sing and get paid. Why do you think bass player was quiet all these years? ching ching

vhrothfan
01-30-2007, 12:18 PM
As soon as Ringo Anthony told everyone the truth in his interview from Japan he was finished in VH. I think he did that interview before the debut of his new band The Other Half.

Van Halen Videos (http://www.vanhalenvideos.blogspot.com)

light 'em up!
01-30-2007, 02:15 PM
One thing is certain... Ed is finished with MA.

DavidLeeNatra
01-30-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by light 'em up!
One thing is certain... Ed is finished with MA.

you mean as certain as the famous alexis interview in 2004 "this guy (dave) needs meds...some things just not going to happen...same with the beatles...dave will never be in van halen again"?

Terry
01-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Don't think it was any long-term plan that MA had worked out, and was waiting for the right moment to walk away.

In fact, according to Mike, the only reason he played with the band in 2004 is that Hagar insisted he be there.

Think after Cherone bailed, Ed basically went into his hidey-hole for some legitimate reasons (cancer recovery, divorce woes) and some not (chain-smoking, playing golf, getting drunk)...and Mike only got called when they tried to reconvene with Roth for the two failed attempts between Cherone quitting and the 2004 tour.

It was an organic progression. Eventually Ed just stopped calling, because why bother? You don't really need a bass player if you're not doing anything. You certainly don't need one on the payroll if you don't even belong to a record label. Am sure that's why Mike started hanging with Hagar more often anyway; because there was fuck-all going on in Van Halen. And I'm sure Mike looked at it the same way after the 2004 tour ended...said to himself, "Hey, at least I got someone who wants to play more often than once every four years, and wants me around."

ELVIS
01-30-2007, 08:01 PM
True...

Diamondjimi
01-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by jgdrag
He did not need to be a driving force, Ed wrote all the music, all bass player had to do was play, sing and get paid. Why do you think bass player was quiet all these years? ching ching

Hit the nail right there!
No more gravy train for 'ol Saucey........

stratmaster90
01-31-2007, 01:10 AM
if you read the Book that Sammy was Ghost writing some time ago, he states that mike is a very "Spineless person" who basically did whatever he was told to do. Knowing that he could be replaced at a moments notice by anyone of a thousand killer bassists in calif or else where he got smart, shut up and held a job until Ed flipped and canned him because of his sam connection.
Ed has burned himself at every chance he has got.
Every relationship he has had be it biz or personal he has turned it to Shit and like a delusional little punk kid living in Denial he points the Finger at the other guy and says "Its His Fault, he did it". frikin guy really Pisses me off.....
Sorry to rant,
Strat.

Dan
01-31-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by stratmaster90
if you read the Book that Sammy was Ghost writing some time ago, he states that mike is a very "Spineless person" who basically did whatever he was told to do. Knowing that he could be replaced at a moments notice by anyone of a thousand killer bassists in calif or else where he got smart, shut up and held a job until Ed flipped and canned him because of his sam connection.
Ed has burned himself at every chance he has got.
Every relationship he has had be it biz or personal he has turned it to Shit and like a delusional little punk kid living in Denial he points the Finger at the other guy and says "Its His Fault, he did it". frikin guy really Pisses me off.....
Sorry to rant,
Strat.

Sounds about right to me.

kamaboko
01-31-2007, 01:27 AM
LOL. That's not spineless, that's fucking smart. Shit how many people on this board have crap jobs that pay shit, yet they still suck it up. I'd take some serious shit for world tours, wads of cash, and little fuck monsters at every town. Now Wolfie is in line to suck some serious shit to play with daddy.

bueno bob
01-31-2007, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by kamaboko
LOL. That's not spineless, that's fucking smart. Shit how many people on this board have crap jobs that pay shit, yet they still suck it up. I'd take some serious shit for world tours, wads of cash, and little fuck monsters at every town. Now Wolfie is in line to suck some serious shit to play with daddy.

Same logic can be applied to Van Halen as a whole.

How many of us here go to jobs we hate, do the same shit day in and day out, can't stand it, can't stand the people we work with, the people we work for, etc.?

Well, we all do it because it keeps the money rolling in...if for no other reason.

You think Van Halen could pull it's collective head out of it's collective ass and say, "Maybe we oughta just suck it up, get Mike and Dave in this thing and go out, do it and be done with it..."

But no...God forbid Eddie do something he may not necessarily want to do...

:rolleyes: