PDA

View Full Version : Mike Sobelosky

PHOENIX
01-30-2007, 01:15 PM
I think Sauce Sobelosky should give Neil Schon a call and beg him to start up Planet Ape again.

Lets face it, theres way too much competition in the Hot Sauce market these days. I dont see him making enough dough with that.

DavidLeeNatra
01-30-2007, 01:18 PM
he already joined another band...and that's why he lost his job in the original one...

PHOENIX
01-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
he already joined another band...and that's why he lost his job in the original one...

I never really considered Bette Middler a band. I always saw her as a solo artist.:D

DavidLeeNatra
01-30-2007, 01:27 PM
btw...bass player's name is sobolewsky

PHOENIX
01-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra

The " W " on my keyboard mysteriously disappeared earlier today. I'm glad to say that it has since been located.:D

vhrothfan
01-30-2007, 01:33 PM
The Other Half is Ringo Anthony's day job but the band is on hiatus so he's making appearance with VH tribute bands.

Van Halen Videos (http://www.vanhalenvideos.blogspot.com)

Marcus
01-30-2007, 01:37 PM
He should be the back up bassist for the tour, in case the little tyke can't handle it.
For real...if I was a promoter (or Dave) I would want a back up plan in place.

vhrothfan
01-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Marcus
He should be the back up bassist for the tour, in case the little tyke can't handle it.
For real...if I was a promoter (or Dave) I would want a back up plan in place.

Ed wont have Ringo Anthony looking over Wolfie's shoulder.

Marcus
01-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Yeah, Mike is out of the picture....but they should have SOMEONE on stand by just in case. Billy Sheehan or Dave's recent bassist for example.

Hardrock69
01-30-2007, 01:58 PM
I think it will be funny to see how Fat Boy handles people booing him and holding up signs saying "Where Is Michael Anthony???" and shit...
:D

light 'em up!
01-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
I think it will be funny to see how Fat Boy handles people booing him and holding up signs saying "Where Is Michael Anthony???" and shit...

I'm not crazy about the Wolfie idea, but if he does a good job most people will accept him with open arms. Why not? He's a Van Halen.

Matt White
01-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Bass PLayer needs to cut a solo CD.....

Show the world he wasn't the weak link involved..................

bueno bob
01-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

Question is, will it sell?

My guess is no...but if Mike can tear it up on bass, then it won't need to sell...

Close parallel being Van Halen III vs. DLR Band; DLR Band didn't sell, but it kicked Van Halen III's ass to the curb and showed where the REAL energy was at...

If Mike does a solo album, I'll give it a spin; my guess is that he shouldn't have a particular backing band, but maybe a roster of different "Who's Who" musicians involved...hell, if Bill Ward can do it...

Vinnie Velvet
01-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

Can't wait for that one!

Full of sub-standard bass playing and a lot of high-pitched "oooos" and "ahhhhhs" -- that should be a killer album!

PHOENIX
01-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Can't wait for that one!

Full of sub-standard bass playing and a lot of high-pitched "oooos" and "ahhhhhs" -- that should be a killer album!

Dont forget that Hagars screech will probably be all over this thing.

bueno bob
01-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Can't wait for that one!

Well...not necessarily...

I honestly do like the idea of him doing an album with other musicians - sure, Sammy's bound to be a part of it, but if he recorded with multiple musicians/singers and really tore it up on the bass, it could work...

PlexiBrown
01-30-2007, 04:09 PM

It's Sobolewski.

hideyoursheep
01-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Well...not necessarily...

I honestly do like the idea of him doing an album with other musicians - sure, Sammy's bound to be a part of it, but if he recorded with multiple musicians/singers and really tore it up on the bass, it could work...

Just what I was waiting for......a project from a guy who plays bass like a broken metal detector....:sleepy:

DLRdelight!
01-30-2007, 04:26 PM
ha i met bill ward through my guitar teacher. gave me some words of advice. i guess ill start a thread about it.my guitar teacher works with him and is a huge evh fan. its who he learned how to play guitar off of so it was the right match for me for him to teach me cvh songs since he knew the style.

PHOENIX
01-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by DLRdelight!
ha i met bill ward through my guitar teacher. gave me some words of advice. i guess ill start a thread about it.my guitar teacher works with him and is a huge evh fan. its who he learned how to play guitar off of so it was the right match for me for him to teach me cvh songs since he knew the style.

I'll bet he said Kid :" fuhgettaboutit! Go to school knock up some broad and live happily ever after.":D

DLRdelight!
01-30-2007, 04:39 PM
well i already got the broad just havnet knocked her up!!! but anyways what he did say was to jam with as many people as you can because youll always learn something from it. and to stay true to yourself in your music because the second you try to make music to please someone is the second you lose who you are. that as long as you stay true to yorself its all that matters. it was really cool meeting him because my guitar teacher just said well stick alround so you can meet bill. they let me hear a song they were working on called doh meaning darkness of horses i believe. i asked him that if he remembers the tour with van halen and he said oh yeah. they were really good. everynight they would pack up fast and go watch us play.

DLRdelight!
01-30-2007, 04:40 PM
to top it off my guitar teacher gave me a picture of black sabbath autographed by all the members!!

PHOENIX
01-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by DLRdelight!
well i already got the broad just havnet knocked her up!!! but anyways what he did say was to jam with as many people as you can because youll always learn something from it. and to stay true to yourself in your music because the second you try to make music to please someone is the second you lose who you are. that as long as you stay true to yorself its all that matters. it was really cool meeting him because my guitar teacher just said well stick alround so you can meet bill. they let me hear a song they were working on called doh meaning darkness of horses i believe. i asked him that if he remembers the tour with van halen and he said oh yeah. they were really good. everynight they would pack up fast and go watch us play.

Thats really cool. Too bad you couldnt ask Bill why Geezer used to pull knives on people.

indeedido
01-30-2007, 04:59 PM

Totally agree. It will happen. Hopefully, he stands at the back of the stage and we'll be so enthralled w/ Ed and Dave, maybe we won't notice him.

Vinnie Velvet
01-30-2007, 05:11 PM
For more information on Mike's hot sauce, click here! http://www.madanthonycafe.com/hotsauce.html

LoungeMachine
01-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Can't wait for that one!

Why not?

The first six were pretty good. ;)

LoungeMachine
01-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
The " W " on my keyboard mysteriously disappeared earlier today.

Blame the Clinton Administration. ;)

PHOENIX
01-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Blame the Clinton Administration. ;)

I _ouldnt be surprised! :D

kamaboko
01-30-2007, 09:24 PM
for those of you that don't know...MA also has a custom car biz as well. very high-end rides. takes stock cars/trucks and gives them the super pimp. i've seen some of them. very nice.

LoungeMachine
01-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
I think Sauce Sobelosky .

You mean MiA ?

Plexi Head
01-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by indeedido
Totally agree. It will happen. Hopefully, he stands at the back of the stage and we'll be so enthralled w/ Ed and Dave, maybe we won't notice him.

Can only hope the kid does this and realizes the reality of his rightful place.

vhrothfan
02-01-2007, 05:21 AM
Ringo Anthony is in a band...The Other Half.

4moreyears
02-01-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by vhrothfan
The Other Half is Ringo Anthony's day job but the band is on hiatus so he's making appearance with VH tribute bands.

Ringo Anthony was not funny the first time.

4moreyears
02-01-2007, 08:57 AM

I have thought the same thing. In the tour press conf. Eddie will tell all the people attending the concert anyone who is mean to Wolfie to wear a cup.

Atomic Dyver
02-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Eddie will tell all the people attending the concert anyone who is mean to Wolfie to wear a cup.

NICE!!!

King Roth
02-01-2007, 04:34 PM
solo album? Ed would probably find a way to record all those bass lines too!

Sarge's Little Helper
02-01-2007, 04:34 PM
solo album? Ed would probably find a way to record all those bass lines too!

<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL Server Host 'mysql49.secureserver.net' (0) in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/admin/dbprefs.php</b> on line <b>52</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/forums/alice/faqbot/src/util.php</b> on line <b>302</b><br />