PDA

View Full Version : My new boss is a Van Fagar fan : (

chopchopboy
04-24-2004, 08:53 PM
I've got this new job and my boss is an awesome guy, a real rocker. He really likes me and respects my musical opinions. Here's the problem, Van Hagar is comming to MPLS in July and he seems to think it would be really cool to get all of us tickets for the show. I can't fucking stand Van Hagar but I don't wanna insult my boss. What the fuck do I do?

DavidLeeNatra
04-24-2004, 08:54 PM
become ill...

thefive
04-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Turn your boss into a Van Roth fan.

the 5

thefive
04-24-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by chopchopboy
I've got this new job and my boss is an awesome guy, a real rocker. He really likes me and respects my musical opinions. Here's the problem,

How can he be a real rocker if he likes Van Hagar???

the 5

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=65410

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=65349

Bart Rules!!!

DavidLeeNatra
04-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by thefive

the 5

maybe his boss is a dickhead like L.S.D. then becoming ill is the better solution...but we're on a mission so he should try...

thefive
04-24-2004, 09:01 PM
Hows the weather in Germany right now DLeenatra?

pete
04-24-2004, 09:06 PM
I've got this new job and my boss is an awesome guy, a real rocker. He really likes me and respects my musical opinions. Here's the problem, Van Hagar is comming to MPLS in July and he seems to think it would be really cool to get all of us tickets for the show. I can't fucking stand Van Hagar but I don't wanna insult my boss. What the fuck do I do?

suicide is the only choice!!!

LOL

no, if you have to go:go

new job + cool boss + like job + wanna keep job = go

if he's pro drugs I'd take some to pass the time. if not, get drunker than shit. (whatever that means)

But do us all a favor. Do not BUY. no t-shirts, condons, neckbraces or any product the helps maintain/finances this charade.

TRY to have a good time and please do not post a review here.

LOL

Bill Lumbergh
04-24-2004, 09:11 PM
Oh man GO! If he's a hard core Van Hagar fan, that means he's soft, so you should have no problem asking him for a big raise, "sick days" etc! Happy Day!!

DavidLeeNatra
04-24-2004, 09:12 PM
Hows the weather in Germany right now DLeenatra?

raining...still cold... :D

DavidLeeNatra
04-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Oh man GO! If he's a hard core Van Hagar fan, that means he's soft, so you should have no problem asking him for a big raise, "sick days" etc! Happy Day!!

but after the show...when everybody is disappointed he should swallow his "I told you so" :D

Bill Lumbergh
04-24-2004, 09:15 PM
..........then casually pull out "Fair Warning", and say "Hey guys check this out, Sammy was on fire on this album........."

thefive
04-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
raining...still cold... :D

Out here in Southern California it is Sunny:D
Not to rub it in:D

thefive
04-24-2004, 09:18 PM
..........then casually pull out "Fair Warning", and say "Hey guys check this out, Sammy was on fire on this album........."

:lol:

pete
04-24-2004, 09:23 PM

smooth

DavidLeeNatra
04-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Out here in Southern California it is Sunny:D
Not to rub it in:D

two weeks ago I was to afghanistan...and there it was SUNNY...

bill...the strategy is not bad but what I dislike is to pretend that sam could ever be involved in one of the classic albums...

rustoffa
04-25-2004, 12:12 AM
Pop a "Blackfoot" disc into the office boombox and ask about best southern rock bands or something to distract him/her a bit. Build on the slightly annoying questions/opinions angle 'til you can drop some rufinal into his/hers coffee or whatever......

tjvhou812
04-25-2004, 12:31 AM

the 5

if his boss likes sammy, then hey everybody just doesnt like the same shit you do get over it

Bill Lumbergh
04-25-2004, 12:33 AM
Um, did you get the point of his post?! He's been asked to go to a Van Hagar show.........he wasnt just blasting his boss for his (bad) taste in music. Although, that would've been alright with me.

pete
04-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
if his boss likes sammy, then hey everybody just doesnt like the same shit you do get over it

oh oh, She's BAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rustoffa
04-25-2004, 12:41 AM
Fuck it, drug the motherfucker.

alexpgrimes
04-25-2004, 12:47 AM
Just tell him your not into Van Hagar. If he's any kind of stand up guy he'll understand and say fine.

tjvhou812
04-25-2004, 12:55 AM
Um, did you get the point of his post?! He's been asked to go to a Van Hagar show.........he wasnt just blasting his boss for his (bad) taste in music. Although, that would've been alright with me.

um did you get the point i was talkin to the five

Bill Lumbergh
04-25-2004, 12:57 AM
Um, must you appear on every thread?

Bill Lumbergh
04-25-2004, 12:59 AM
And why do you take offense to everything said to you on this forum? When you come in to a Roth site with ou812 in your username you're just asking for it, boy.

thefive
04-25-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812

Why are your panties always in a Tizzy tjvh0U812???????

pete
04-25-2004, 02:05 AM
Why are your panties always in a Tizzy tjvh0U812???????

They come here to piss us off

but really

they want acceptance.

they are the uncircumcised guy in the locker room. they're the guys who you pick last for the football game in PE.they're the retard on the short bus that wants to sit with the head retard in the back seat.

They want to be accepted by adults. They attempt it by trying to own us on the playing field.

but, invariably, due to the sheep-like, follower mentality, they never quite succeed.

Like Sammy
who will never be "good enough" (even if he cared enough to try) they will always be over-shadowed by people with ears, and souls, and perspective genereated by a life being lived.

But just remember spammers, no matter what ignorance you vent here. No matter how witty your banter and rhetoric.

We are the guys that slapped your head in the hall. We are the guys that got laid more times than you can count. Ours are the woman you'll never have and jerk off too daily.

We know what it was about. We have the ambition and motivation. We conceive the imagination while you hum love ballads and car odes.

You are losers.

And Brett is your queen.

GOD BLESS THE ARMY!!!!

Panamark
04-25-2004, 02:48 AM

Check the dates that Van Hagar are playing your town, I wouldnt worry about extra shows being added, and "attend" official family events on those nights. Sorry boss, on the 24th of May is my Mum and Dad's golden wedding aniversary and they have arranged a big function that night... My best Friends 30th or 40th birthday party that night..
Im sure you can think of some kind of pretend occasion that would allow polite exclusion from the pain of a Spammy concert..

thefive
04-25-2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by pete
They come here to piss us off

but really

they want acceptance.

they are the uncircumcised guy in the locker room. they're the guys who you pick last for the football game in PE.they're the retard on the short bus that wants to sit with the head retard in the back seat.

They want to be accepted by adults. They attempt it by trying to own us on the playing field.

but, invariably, due to the sheep-like, follower mentality, they never quite succeed.

Like Sammy
who will never be "good enough" (even if he cared enough to try) they will always be over-shadowed by people with ears, and souls, and perspective genereated by a life being lived.

But just remember spammers, no matter what ignorance you vent here. No matter how witty your banter and rhetoric.

We are the guys that slapped your head in the hall. We are the guys that got laid more times than you can count. Ours are the woman you'll never have and jerk off too daily.

We know what it was about. We have the ambition and motivation. We conceive the imagination while you hum love ballads and car odes.

You are losers.

And Brett is your queen.

GOD BLESS THE ARMY!!!!

Damn Pete are you running for President?
That was a Damn good speech.
Nice.

MAX
04-25-2004, 03:01 AM
I fucking hate to say it but if you have to go and have NO WAY OUT! Sneak a fucking big assed banner or sheet under your shirt i.e. look like Spam. In big letters, spray paint

:hitch: :donkey:GOT ROTH? :donkey: :hitch:

Breasts,

DLRARMY

Or something extremely pro Halen and see what the fat fucker and lying drunken dutchmen's facial expressions are? That would be hilarious!!!

rustoffa
04-25-2004, 03:09 AM
Nice.

Give that motherfucker a badge five......

Panamark
04-25-2004, 03:11 AM
Yeah MAX, that would be the only thing you could do.. Plus take a walkman with some real music and a sleeping mask so you didnt have to look at Spammy.. What a statement, standing there with your walkman on, obvious blinders and a "Got Roth" Banner.. hahahahahah

pete
04-25-2004, 03:20 AM
Nice.
aw shucks!

It was an exceptional day for slapping bitches.

And I felt under-appreciated.

thanks 5

Panamark
04-25-2004, 03:25 AM
Nice one Pete !

The power, the passion ! The TRUTH !!

MAX
04-25-2004, 03:29 AM
Panamark,

Seriously, when I saw the 5150 Tour (forgive me guys, I was a dumb kid but I did see 1984 as well) it was fucking funnier than hell seeing how many banners and EEAS T Shirts were tossed aside that were pro Roth. LOL!

I distincly remember one that read "Where's Dave?" that was immediately removed.

Panamark
04-25-2004, 03:34 AM
Fucking Nazi's !!!

Not allowed to show your support for Dave.. It reminds me of some other place..

bru87tr
04-26-2004, 06:25 PM
call in sick.....

your lucky hes cool cause I cant imagine you 2 talking VH and you not getting fired! :)

just feel sorry for the guy. if you have too bring ear plugs and take them out only for eds solo. :)

secrets
04-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Good advice. Look on the bright side too, it could be worse. My wife hates Van Halen.:confused:
Well at least she hates Van Hagar too, that would be awful if she liked them but not Van Halen.