View Full Version : Day One - The War With Iran

FORD
01-31-2007, 11:02 PM
Day One -
The War With Iran

By Douglas Herman
A Rense.com Exclusive
1-9-5

The war began as planned. The Israeli pilots took off well before dawn and streaked across Lebanon and northern Iraq, high above Kirkuk. Flying US-made F-15 and F-16s, the Israelis separated over the mountains of western Iran, the pilots gesturing a last minute show of confidence in their mission, maintaining radio silence.

Just before the sun rose over Tehran, moments before the Muslim call to prayer, the missiles struck their targets. While US Air Force AWACS planes circled overhead--listening, watching, recording--heavy US bombers followed minutes later. Bunker-busters and mini-nukes fell on dozens of targets while Iranian anti-aircraft missiles sped skyward.

The ironically named Bushehr nuclear power plant crumbled to dust. Russian technicians and foreign nationals scurried for safety. Most did not make it.

Targets in Saghand and Yazd, all of them carefully chosen many months before by Pentagon planners, were destroyed. The uranium enrichment facility in Natanz; a heavy water plant and radioisotope facility in Arak; the Ardekan Nuclear Fuel Unit; the Uranium Conversion Facility and Nuclear Technology Center in Isfahan; were struck simultaneously by USAF and Israeli bomber groups.

The Tehran Nuclear Research Center, the Tehran Molybdenum, Iodine and Xenon Radioisotope Production Facility, the Tehran Jabr Ibn Hayan Multipurpose Laboratories, the Kalaye Electric Company in the Tehran suburbs were destroyed.

Iranian fighter jets rose in scattered groups. At least those Iranian fighter planes that had not been destroyed on the ground by swift and systematic air strikes from US and Israeli missiles. A few Iranian fighters even launched missiles, downing the occasional attacker, but American top guns quickly prevailed in the ensuing dogfights.

The Iranian air force, like the Iranian navy, never really knew what hit them. Like the slumbering US sailors at Pearl Harbor, the pre-dawn, pre-emptive attack wiped out fully half the Iranian defense forces in a matter of hours.

By mid-morning, the second and third wave of US/Israeli raiders screamed over the secondary targets. The only problem now, the surprising effectiveness of the Iranian missile defenses. The element of surprise lost, US and Israeli warplanes began to fall from the skies in considerable numbers to anti-aircraft fire.

At 7:35 AM, Tehran time, the first Iranian anti-ship missile destroyed a Panamanian oil tanker, departing from Kuwait and bound for Houston. Launched from an Iranian fighter plane, the Exocet split the ship in half and set the ship ablaze in the Strait of Hormuz. A second and third tanker followed, black smoke billowing from the broken ships before they blew up and sank. By 8:15 AM, all ship traffic on the Persian Gulf had ceased.

US Navy ships, ordered earlier into the relative safety of the Indian Ocean, south of their base in Bahrain, launched counter strikes. Waves of US fighter planes circled the burning wrecks in the bottleneck of Hormuz but the Iranian fighters had fled.

At 9 AM, Eastern Standard Time, many hours into the war, CNN reported a squadron of suicide Iranian fighter jets attacking the US Navy fleet south of Bahrain. Embedded reporters aboard the ships--sending live feeds directly to a rapt audience of Americans just awakening--reported all of the Iranian jets destroyed, but not before the enemy planes launched dozens of Exocet and Sunburn anti-ship missiles. A US aircraft carrier, cruiser and two destroyers suffered direct hits. The cruiser blew up and sank, killing 600 men. The aircraft carrier sank an hour later.

By mid-morning, every military base in Iran was partially or wholly destroyed. Sirens blared and fires blazed from hundreds of fires. Explosions rocked Tehran and the electrical power failed. The Al Jazeerah news station in Tehran took a direct hit from a satellite bomb, leveling the entire block.

At 9:15 AM, Baghdad time, the first Iranian missile struck the Green Zone. For the next thirty minutes a torrent of missiles landed on GPS coordinates carefully selected by Shiite militiamen with cell phones positioned outside the Green Zone and other permanent US bases. Although US and Israeli bomber pilots had destroyed 90% of the Iranian missiles, enough Shahabs remained to fully destroy the Green Zone, the Baghdad airport, and a US Marine base. Thousands of unsuspecting US soldiers died in the early morning barrage. Not surprisingly, CNN and Fox withheld the great number of casualties from American viewers.

By 9:30 AM, gas stations on the US east coast began to raise their prices. Slowly at first and then altogether in a panic, the prices rose. $4 a gallon, and then $5 and then $6, the prices skyrocketed. Worried motorists, rushing from work, roared into the nearest gas station, radios blaring the latest reports of the pre-emptive attack on Iran. While fistfights broke out in gas stations everywhere, the third Middle Eastern war had begun.

In Washington DC, the spin began minutes after the first missile struck its intended target. The punitive strike--not really a war said the harried White House spokesman--would further democracy and peace in the Middle East. Media pundits mostly followed the party line. By ridding Iran of weapons of mass destruction, Donald Rumsfeld declared confidently on CNN, Iran might follow in the footsteps of Iraq, and enjoy the hard won fruits of freedom.

The president scheduled a speech at 2 PM. Gas prices rose another two dollars before then. China and Japan threatened to dump US dollars. Gold rose $120 an ounce. The dollar plummeted against the Euro.

CNN reported violent, anti-American protests in Paris, London, Rome, Berlin and Dublin. Fast food franchises throughout Europe, carrying American corporate logos, were firebombed.

A violent coup toppled the pro-American Pakistan president. On the New York Stock Exchange, prices fell in a frenzy of trading--except for the major petroleum producers. A single, Iranian Shahab missile struck Tel Aviv, destroying an entire city block. Israel vowed revenge, and threatened a nuclear strike on Tehran, before a hastily called UN General Assembly in New York City eased tensions.

An orange alert in New York City suddenly reddened to a full-scale terror alarm when a package detonated on a Manhattan subway. Mayor Bloomberg declared martial law. Governor Pataki ordered the New York National Guard fully mobilized, mobilizing what few national guardsmen remained in the state.

President Bush looked shaken at 2 PM. The scroll below the TV screen reported Persian Gulf nations halting production of oil until the conflict could be resolved peacefully. Venezuelan president, Hugo Chavez, announced a freeze in oil deliveries to the US would begin immediately. Tony Blair offered to mediate peace negotiations, between the US and Israel and Iran, but was resoundingly rejected.

By 6 PM, Eastern Standard Time, gas prices had stabilized at just below $10 a gallon. A Citgo station in Texas, near Fort Sam Houston Army base, was firebombed. No one claimed responsibility. Terrorism was not ruled out.

At sunset, the call to prayer--in Tehran, Baghdad, Islamabad, Ankara, Jerusalem, Jakarta, Riyadh--sounded uncannily like the buzzing of enraged bees.

----------------------------------------------------

USAF veteran, Douglas Herman correctly predicted the aftermath of the attack on Iraq in his column: Shock & Awe Followed by Block-To-Block. A Rense contributer, he is the author of The Guns of Dallas, available at Amazon.com. Contact him at douglasherman7@yahoo.com.

Link (http://www.rense.com/general69/dayone.htm)

sadaist
02-01-2007, 01:52 AM
Gold rose to $120 an ounce? It's at $653.10 right now.

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html

FORD
02-01-2007, 04:21 AM
Read it again. He's saying that gold rose that much in one day, which would be highly likely if the dollar suddenly collapsed worldwide.

sadaist
02-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Read it again. He's saying that gold rose that much in one day, which would be highly likely if the dollar suddenly collapsed worldwide.

Yeah, I see that now. Gold & silver are notoriously volatile. I bought a 1oz gold coin in 2001 for under $300. 6 months ago it was $800. I've seen silver go from $5 an oz to $15 an oz very quickly as well. One nice thing about precious metals is they always retain some value. It's the one currency everyone uses.

VanHalener
02-01-2007, 12:49 PM
That's some ate-up, scary shit there FORD.

Only a matter of time I guess.

Nitro Express
02-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by vanhalener
That's some ate-up, scary shit there FORD.

Only a matter of time I guess.

Interesting scenereo but if predicting the future was so easy, we all would be rich off of our investments.

Who would have thought the Soviet Union would have gone away as peacefully as it did in the 1970's?

The world is full of suprizes. I can remember when everyone thought the world was going to end with a big nuclear confrontation between the USSR and the USA. Now we have the Islamic Fundamentalist problem. Who really knows how that is going to end up.

We might not attack Iran at all. Chavez may just be a big windbag. Nothing is certain. There is always going to be wars, there's always going to be bad guys and the economy and the price of preciouse metals will go up and down.

I know a guy who bought a lot of silver and gold when the 1st Gulf War broke out in the early 1990's. He didn't fare as well as if he would have if he invested in stocks.

Nitro Express
02-01-2007, 03:39 PM
I only invest in sure things. That's why I bought Halliburton shares. Ha! ha! ha!

knuckleboner
02-01-2007, 04:28 PM
the iranians sank one of our aircraft carriers? yep, this is clearly fiction.

and there is ZERO chance that we would ever launch "mini-nukes," in a first-strike capacity. not going to happen.

hideyoursheep
02-01-2007, 04:48 PM
The Day After ......Mid-East version.....Fairy tale.

ODShowtime
02-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner

Don't be too sure about that. Iran has the means to acquire the latest Russion technology. I'm pretty sure equipment used to assualt aircraft carriers is something they've kept up with.

And I can definitely foresee kamikazee-martyr jet fighters.

knuckleboner
02-01-2007, 07:17 PM
they won't get close enough to the carrier. there are some pretty mean anti-missile/anti-plane-attack defenses available to the carrier groups.

but even if a stray missle did get in to strike the carrier, it had better be nuclear, because by itself it's not taking down the ship.

ODShowtime
02-01-2007, 07:20 PM
they won't get close enough to the carrier. there are some pretty mean anti-missile/anti-plane-attack defenses available to the carrier groups.

but even if a stray missle did get in to strike the carrier, it had better be nuclear, because by itself it's not taking down the ship.

Fighter cover makes for a formidable defense, and I hope you're right.

knuckleboner
02-01-2007, 07:29 PM
fighter cover stops the enemy fighters from getting close.

AEGIS cruisers and their CWIS guns knock down the missiles.

perfect system? nope. not at all. but i'm guessing enough to stop the iranian military.

hideyoursheep
02-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Fighter cover makes for a formidable defense....

Once the "stratejery" is executed, it will be too late for a counter-offensive. Those ships won't be touched. Maybe a mine, maybe. The beat-down will be severe.

LoungeMachine
02-01-2007, 07:44 PM

About as plausible as Saddam delivering biological or nuclear weapons via unmanned drones per Bush / Cheney's claims. :rolleyes:

hideyoursheep
02-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
About as plausible as Saddam delivering biological or nuclear weapons via unmanned drones per Bush / Cheney's claims. :rolleyes:

Yes,alot like that.:baaa:

Hyman Roth
02-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
...Who would have thought the Soviet Union would have gone away as peacefully as it did in the 1970's?

Actually there was a school of thought led by George Kennan that predicted the Soviet Union would implode sooner rather than later if just left to its own devices.

FORD
02-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
Actually there was a school of thought led by George Kennan that predicted the Soviet Union would implode sooner rather than later if just left to its own devices.

It did, but the BCE kept the illusion of the "Soviet Menace" alive, in order to keep the defense industry bankrolled.

Basically the Russians were on an irreversible course to financial destruction in the mid 70's. It was none other than Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld who made the decision to continue the Soviet myth on behalf of their "Military Industrial Complex" friends.

Which means every last dollar Ronald Reagan spent on weapons in the 1980's was a WASTE and contrary to right wing mythology, did nothing to bring down the "Evil Empire".

It was getting mired down in a bassackward middle eastern country that drove Russia over the edge.

Osama Bin Laden's greatest fantasy would be to bankrupt the US and finish them off like he did the USSR in Afghanistan.

With all the money being wasted on Iraq, he might well get his wish.

Unchainme
02-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by FORD A Citgo station in Texas, near Fort Sam Houston Army base, was firebombed.

FORD...Citgo doesn't do business in America anymore..They've been replaced with Marathon Stations around here. That "Bush is the Devil" speech by Chavez really pissed people off for some reason.

knuckleboner
02-02-2007, 12:39 AM

i'm not sure i ever thought that was plausible. but yeah, something like that...

Nitro Express
02-02-2007, 04:24 AM
Yawn. You might die falling off the roof taking the Christmas lights down.

We're all going to die sometime and who knows when. Life is short don't waste it!

Get laid! Spend your money! Get rich if you can! Get laid! Drink fine spirits! Get laid! Smoke good things! Get laid!

Hyman Roth
02-02-2007, 04:50 AM
It did, but the BCE kept the illusion of the "Soviet Menace" alive, in order to keep the defense industry bankrolled....

Basically the Russians were on an irreversible course to financial destruction in the mid 70's. It was none other than Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld who made the decision to continue the Soviet myth on behalf of their "Military Industrial Complex" friends.

Which means every last dollar Ronald Reagan spent on weapons in the 1980's was a WASTE and contrary to right wing mythology, did nothing to bring down the "Evil Empire".

It was getting mired down in a bassackward middle eastern country that drove Russia over the edge.

Osama Bin Laden's greatest fantasy would be to bankrupt the US and finish them off like he did the USSR in Afghanistan.

With all the money being wasted on Iraq, he might well get his wish.

Agree.

Hyman Roth
02-02-2007, 04:51 AM

We're all going to die sometime and who knows when. Life is short don't waste it!

Get laid! Spend your money! Get rich if you can! Get laid! Drink fine spirits! Get laid! Smoke good things! Get laid!

Agree.

LoungeMachine
02-02-2007, 09:28 AM

Hang on, not so fast....I'm trying to write this down.

A modern day Buddha right here folks ;)

FORD
02-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
FORD...Citgo doesn't do business in America anymore..They've been replaced with Marathon Stations around here. That "Bush is the Devil" speech by Chavez really pissed people off for some reason.

I know it pissed off the Devil. http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/smiley_evilFrown.gif

FORD
02-02-2007, 01:31 PM

Not really.... Nitro's just discovering all these sinful things later in life because he was raised Mormon. ;)

Nitro Express
02-03-2007, 04:57 AM

Don't laugh. It's the only thing we all can agree on!

Nitro Express
02-03-2007, 05:04 AM
Not really.... Nitro's just discovering all these sinful things later in life because he was raised Mormon. ;)

I was raised in a liberal Mormon family and I was far from being a good Mormon. Talk about a stupid cult and yes it does make you appreciate the "sinful" joys of life. :)

What you learn growing up in the Mormon church is how to be an expert liar because nobody can live the church standards and the church doesn't care if you lie but punishes you if you tell the truth. It creates a bunch of screwed up people.

I had a BYU coed give me a blowjob but she refused to have intercourse. That was having sex. A blowjob wasn't anything you had to confess.

It was the best blowjob ever! Nowonder Dave Roth and boys always loved pulling into Salt Lake City on tour! LOL!

Nitro Express
02-03-2007, 05:14 AM
Mormons are experts at spin and getting around their own laws by deffinition much like how Spock did when he called a lie an eggageration on Star Treck.

That is why the rate of business fraud is much higher in Utah. The church is a fraud factory. It produces liars. I find that true with ultra conservatism in general. Pedofile priests, grab ass ministers, finacial frauding evangelists.

Shit, look at Rush Limbaugh.

I find more honesty in character in the immoral majority. LOL!

FORD
02-03-2007, 05:17 AM
Certainly explains Orrin Hatch.

Nitro Express
02-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Certainly explains Orrin Hatch.

Good old Orrin. His son is a DC lobbyist and those suckers in Utah will keep him in Washington until the bastard dies.

hideyoursheep
02-05-2007, 10:25 PM

The three "Bs"....

Blow your wealth
Blow your health
But never blow your cool. :smoke2: :bottle: :killer:

hideyoursheep
02-05-2007, 10:36 PM
It did, but the BCE kept the illusion of the "Soviet Menace" alive, in order to keep the defense industry bankrolled.

That's one hell of a theorey.

Now what exactly were the Soviets doing in Afghanistan for 10 years?