PDA

View Full Version : The Wolf Gang

WARF
02-01-2007, 05:17 PM
If you support the new Van Halen reunion with David Lee Roth, and new basist Wolfgang Van Halen then sign up here. It's time for the Roth Army loyalists to make a decision. Do you support the Roth reunion with Wolfie onboard, even though you'd rather see Michael Anthony? Then let your fucking feelings be known! Because if your boycotting Van Halen without Michael Anthony, then you are supporting Mr & Mrs. Hagar.

Who do you pledge your alliance with?

It's about supporting any lineup that David Lee Roth is involved with.
So if you miss the tour, because Michael is not in the band.
Then you are ultimately supporting Michael Anthony as a "no-show" over the Toaster General of the immoral majority.

It's like what DLR said in 1986...
"No, but Van Halen wants you to pick and choose... for whatever retarded reason... okay... you want them to pick and choose Eddie? I'll eat you for breakfast pal... I'll EAT YOU AND SMILE!!!"

diamondsgirl
02-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Roth.

WARF
02-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Roth Purist right here <-------------------------

If Dave is the band, I will support him.

Even if he was the frontman for WINGER!!

Yes, I'd rather see Mikey in the band.

But I'm not gonna boycott the fucking show... for a fucking TOOLBAG who's been lickin' Sammy's Ass for 20 years!!

WARF
02-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Where's that MIDDLE OF THE ROAD fan LoungeMachine? :D

Is he crying at home, because Mikey is still in Cabo San Lucas?

Put on some "MAS TEQUILA" and it will cheer you up! :)

WARF
02-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Mikey is a liar.

2001: "Our next album will be a return to the original Van Halen sound."

BULLSHIT!!!

I'm supposed to sit at home... and snivel.. and cry...
Why?
Because the "yes man" wants to spend the rest of his days with a washed up Jimmy Buffet clone?

Nope.

You either support Van Halen with Roth...
Or you support Sauce Sobelwesky!!!

Dan
02-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by WARF

Even if he was the frontman for WINGER!!

He was?:D

Atomic Dyver
02-01-2007, 05:40 PM
But we still need a scapegoat.......

Naturally we will go to see DLR with his solo bands, so naturally seeing him with Dave and Alex is a big bonus.

But we didn't get excatly what we want......we must know who is responsible!!

Someone is to blame and we should no why

WARF
02-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Atomic Dyver

But we didn't get excatly what we want......we must know who is responsible!!

Someone is to blame and we should no why

Eddie will never give the fans what the want!
So what are you gonna do?
Cry for 10 years like the VMA's fiasco?
Not me!
I'm buying a ticket... and everything I can get from the tour.
I support David Lee Roth in Van Halen...
Over Michael Anthony not being in the band!
Even if Ed is a prick.

vhrothfan
02-01-2007, 05:54 PM
David Lee Roth is back in Van Halen and I support it.

diamondsgirl
02-01-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm not gonna boycott the fucking show... for a fucking TOOLBAG who's been lickin' Sammy's Ass for 20 years!!

Wooo!!! :D

Douglas T.
02-01-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm still hoping the Wolfie part is just some smoke and mirrors until they announce the full original line up to tour! Just dreamin' I guess! I can remember after the split when Mikey was the only one on Daves side! :(

WARF
02-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by vhrothfan
David Lee Roth is back in Van Halen and I support it.

Your faith has cured you, my son.
Now go in peace. :D

Diamondjimi
02-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Because if your boycotting Van Halen without Michael Anthony, then you are supporting Mr & Mrs. Hagar.

Sounds like a page from the book of G.W.:D ;)

Do I support the reunion? Sure. It'll be good to see them with Diamond dave at the helm again. It's been a long fuckin time. I think it'll be great for the younger generation of DLR/CVH fans who never had the opportunity the first time around.
Being one who has witnessed CVH on several occasions I'm certainly not expecting it to be like 1981. This tour will tell once again if Ed made the right decision having his load replace 'ol Saucey. It's a big spot to fill. Does the kid have the mustard? We shall see.

How would someone who chooses to boycott this tour be supporting Tubby & Saucey ?
Will it cause McHagar's album sales to skyrocket? Not a chance in hell.
Will the Tubster sell more bottles of tequila ? Doubt it.....
Will Saucey sell more ringsting juice? Nah.....

Tubby's group of merry piss drinkers is nothing more than a glorified bar band whose claim to fame is having 25% of The Mighty Van Halen on bass and the guy who pussified and neutered the greatest R&R band America ever produced !

I'll be buying a ticket for this tour. All I can say is Uncle Neckbrace , Mr, Fingers and Edsloadgang better fuckin deliver.

I sure as fuck know Dave will...............

hideyoursheep
02-01-2007, 06:26 PM
if your boycotting Van Halen without Michael Anthony, then you are supporting Mr & Mrs. Hagar.
Then you are ultimately supporting Michael Anthony as a "no-show" over the Toaster General of the immoral majority.

If I don't buy in to yet another version of altered VH then I support Mike? How so? Did you buy Strummin? I support a CVH reunion-with Dave-not the Here's Wolfie Tour. Not without a new album. Because once this thing runs it's course and serves Ed's purpose of promoting his son from son to bandmember,ther will never be a CVH again.Unless AFTER this tour (if it happens) the albums get made and the Roth keeps rolling with it. Settling for what scraps of VH Ed wants to give you is exactly how he wants it.Well,FUCK HIM. Do the album and prove yourself to us. Not a summer tour and "see you in 2011,maybe".I still have the great memories.Too bad he wants us all to forget.I'll always be a Dave fan.We all are(?).But this is close to what we always wanted and Ed is gonna fuck things up again,and I'm not gonna help him.:mad:

WARF
02-01-2007, 06:29 PM
What'choo talkin' bout Willis?

ELVIS
02-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Eddie will never give the fans what the want!
So what are you gonna do?

Blow it off, put my money on Heaven and Hell and maybe The Police...

hideyoursheep
02-01-2007, 06:36 PM
I gotta change that.whatchoo looks better than whatcu...

vhrothfan
02-01-2007, 06:42 PM
This is a tough one. I really want to spend my money and take a trip to Las Vegas to see Prince. Hmmm! I'll think about it over another appetizer. "Waitress,another order of potato skins with double sour cream".-twonabomber
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/vhrothfan/CarmineTommyVTwona.jpg

vhrothfan
02-01-2007, 06:49 PM
"Hmmm...Ed is my hero and that Van Hagar reunion in 2004 was really good. I'm 50 years old so maybe I should go see Ed play again before I'm to old."-Robi 'zahzoo'
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/vhrothfan/ZahZoo.jpg

"I put that mean looking guy on my avatar because I'm a 50 year old skinny weak man. Plus I'm trying to look like a rock star" -zahzoo

"WARF didn't put me on his top 100 list and I'm member #61."
-zahzoo

Diamond David Lee Roth (http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.blogspot.com)

hideyoursheep
02-01-2007, 06:49 PM
You either support Van Halen with Roth...
Or you support Sauce Sobelwesky!!!

What happened to "I hate people who support everything Roth does!"

Is there some self-hate goin' on? :confused:

conmee
02-01-2007, 06:52 PM
It's not about not wanting to support DLR, WARF! It's about NOT supporting Edward's whims which will, if DLR isn't careful, drag him and all of us through another torturous soap opera. Shit, bro, DLR isn't infallible, he isn't the Pope (lol) or the Lord & Savior. If he does this tour it will be a MISTAKE.

If they at least had Sting (ha) or Geddy Lee (lol) or Sheehan (uh huh) or a proven professional talent on bass, I could probably stomach that and go in with the Page/Plant type mindset. BUT WOLFGANG IS A PURE EDWARD VAN HALEN POWERTRIP DELUSION!!!!!

This whole topic should be about supporting what is RIGHT, not about DLR v. Edward. And if DLR has his way, it's the original cast, trust me. I'll call the Mojo Dojo tonight and verify that. :)

I'm stating right here that if you keep this Wolfgang crusade up, I'm setting up a Mad Anthony's Hot Sauce stand on the home page of this site!!!! lmao

Seriously, it's about supporting the LEGACY and MEMORY of The MIGHTY Van Halen. And if DLR comes to his senses and sticks to his guns as he has for the past 20+ years, it will be an all-original line-up. Anything less would be uncivilized. lol

Carry on.

Icon.

Douglas T.
02-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by conmee
If he does this tour it will be a MISTAKE.

That's always been the way I feel! Go DLR band!

DLR_EngineRoom
02-01-2007, 07:33 PM
If you support the new Van Halen reunion with David Lee Roth, and new basist Wolfgang Van Halen then sign up here. It's time for the Roth Army loyalists to make a decision. Do you support the Roth reunion with Wolfie onboard, even though you'd rather see Michael Anthony? Then let your fucking feelings be known! Because if your boycotting Van Halen without Michael Anthony, then you are supporting Mr & Mrs. Hagar.

Who do you pledge your alliance with?

It's like what DLR said in 1986...
"No, but Van Halen wants you to pick and choose... for whatever retarded reason... okay... you want them to pick and choose Eddie? I'll eat you for breakfast pal... I'll EAT YOU AND SMILE!!!"

Although I'd prefer Mikey on board, the real reunion is between Dave and Ed, period. So Dave will just have to dedicate a few songs to the newest addition, like:

Fools (read the lyrics, read the lyrics!)
And the Cradle Will Rock
Hot For Teacher

I think Wolfie is a great new additiion.

And besides, I read that he prefers to play Dave-era stuff than Sammy. So he may well be the guy we should be thanking for knocking some sense into his father and uncle!

Eyes of the Night
02-01-2007, 07:39 PM
I'll support Wolfie knowing that the "eyes of the night" bootleg showcases a 17 year old eddie van halen tearing shit up at the pasedena civic stadium 2 years before they were signed ...

slage33
02-01-2007, 07:46 PM
hell yes i support this tour. i saw them in 82,84 and soon to be 07. ps the vegas shows are a go and the contract is signed for the summer tour.

diamondsgirl
02-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
I can remember after the split when Mikey was the only one on Daves side! :(

what has Mike done for Dave lately?

fryingdutchman
02-01-2007, 08:33 PM
I'll be at the show...but I will feel as though it's not "complete."

And this poll is fraudulent.

In legal circles I believe that they call it asking "leading questions..."

How can you be "Undecided" but in the same sentence definitively "not support" the reunion?

moose
02-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Yesterday my support was for Dave, today my support is for Dave, and I'm sure as fuck that tomorrow my support will be for Dave...so I guess it's Dave................

:D

Let's hope that this reunion will actually take place:confused:

degüello
02-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Of course I'll buy a ticket, if it happens.

But not having Mike is absolute bullshit. Appalling, really.

Romeo Delight
02-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Who knows what went down during the 2004 debacle?

So Mike is involved this year and then what...how long can Sam and Mike be apart? Not for too long.

Maybe those two sob's were just assholes?

Sure Ed has his troubles but the dude just about died. Going on tour with those two would have pushed most over the edge. It looks like it did.

Van Halen was never about doing what was expected or what people wanted.

I would rather have Mike involved but if this version kicks ass then it kicks ass. Dave wouldn't be involved if it wasn't.

It would be much easier to go on tour with Mike. Give them credit for taking chances, which is always what Van Halen was about.

If they worried about what people wanted they would have sounded like KC and the Sunshine Band.

:p

diamondsgirl
02-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
Who knows what went down during the 2004 debacle?

I can tell you one thing that DIDN'T happen in 2004. Mike DIDN'T tell Ed that he wanted Roth to be the singer in the band.

Douglas T.
02-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

Can't help ya there!? I stopped following those "other three" guys shortly after DAVE split! I imagine if anyone in that camp had anything good to say about DAVE it was Mikey! Has he talked smak about DAVE?? I couldn't tell ya! Like I said ... those guys dropped off my list of people I have an interest in!

Roth & Roll
02-01-2007, 09:42 PM
I can tell you one thing that DIDN'T happen in 2004. Mike DIDN'T tell Ed that he wanted Roth to be the singer in the band.

He didn't, and thats because he never had any fuckin say in anything anyway...hell, he wasnt even allowed to play bass on any VH albums since FUCK.

And you think for a split second that the bassplayer who wasnt even allowed to play bass actually had a voice in the band? lol

Douglas T.
02-01-2007, 09:47 PM
^ LOL that's some funny pics there!

Rikk
02-01-2007, 09:57 PM

Who gives a shit what he's done for Dave? This isn't Kindergarten class with share-time. This isn't a moral lesson. This isn't eye-for-an-eye. This is supposed to be the reunion of a rock band.

And Eddie gets his son who has been playing for "three months" to play bass and further ruin the legacy.

Christ, doesn't it bug any of you that if they go up there and suck (which they may do because they have an untrained bass player and a drunk guitarist), this could tarnish the legacy of Van Halen?

DG, I've seen you write plenty of times that VH is the four original members.

Well, damn straight. That's the sound. That's the magic.

Bringing the kid out there is an ego-trip on Eddie's part to control the band as much as possible. He doesn't want to just own Van Halen...he wants to be Van Halen.

I would rather remember the pairing of Dave and Ed as brilliant instead of what it might be...

I may see this tour...but this is pure bullshit.

It doesn't matter if Mike is an asshole. He's not half the asshole that Ed is...and Ed's still up there.

Rikk
02-01-2007, 09:59 PM

Gimme a break. It's Mike's fault that they got Sam instead of Dave?? Mike didn't even have anything to do with the 2004 tour until Sam made an ultimatum. Ed wanted to fire him back then.

And it was Ed and Al that didn't want Dave there in '04 because he was suing them over their fucking him over with record royalties.

Seriously, people will see things however they want to...but the bottom line is that the brothers don't even deserve Dave.

madraoul
02-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Wolfie will give this tour a great family values/reality show feel that is so much the rage these days. While Dave is singing about banging everybody's girlfriend after slamming a lukewarm bottle of Jack, the prudes will just be focused on the sweet young thing on bass.

I think it's a brillant marketing move myself.

pflo
02-01-2007, 10:04 PM
This is a tough one. I really want to spend my money and take a trip to Las Vegas to see Prince. Hmmm! I'll think about it over another appetizer. "Waitress,another order of potato skins with double sour cream".-twonabomber
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/vhrothfan/CarmineTommyVTwona.jpg Fuck, you need a punch in the head.

WARF
02-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Blow it off, put my money on Heaven and Hell

I'll store my treasures in heaven, NOT hell. ;)

WARF
02-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
What happened to "I hate people who support everything Roth does!"

Is there some self-hate goin' on? :confused:

You shouldn't have to support everything Roth does OUTSIDE of the music industry. (ie- Roth Radio, etc etc)

But you should support his musical endeavors... the dlr band with Brian Young... Back in Van Halen with Eddie...

If you don't wanna see Eddie and Dave onstage together...
Then that doesn't make any logical sense to me...
Especially because of people like Sammy Hagar & Michael Anthony who said "The Other Half is BETTER than Van Halen" .. and has made questionable remarks about their former bandmates.

rustoffa
02-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by madraoul
Wolfie will give this tour a great family values/reality show feel that is so much the rage these days.

I think it's a brillant marketing move myself.

I remember bringing that theory up awhile back. Welcome To The Machine meets Wish You Were Here. It's probably not that far-fetched. One things for sure, the suits ain't gonna go in for the guerilla marketing tactics after the recent Cartoon Network debacle.

"Scrap the blinking 5150 signs...people will think a bunch of gay bombs are about to go off."
:rolleyes:

diamondsgirl
02-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Has he talked smak about DAVE?? I couldn't tell ya! Like I said ... those guys dropped off my list of people I have an interest in!

Yes, actually he has. Although he was just being a Hagar parrot. In other words, saying the same things Hagar has said.

I don't pay much attention either, except when they are trash talkin Roth.

diamondsgirl
02-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Roth & Roll
He didn't, and thats because he never had any fuckin say in anything anyway...hell, he wasnt even allowed to play bass on any VH albums since FUCK.

And you think for a split second that the bassplayer who wasnt even allowed to play bass actually had a voice in the band? lol

If he was asked...do you think he would have said Roth over Hagar??

keep dreaming....:cool:

WARF
02-01-2007, 11:42 PM
I can't wait for Wolfgang to prove he is a million times better than that Michael Anthony tool!!!

Dan
02-01-2007, 11:50 PM
I can't wait for Wolfgang to prove he is a million times better than that Michael Anthony tool!!!

Only Time will tell.

WARF
02-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Then again...
Eddie is delusional enough and narcistic to sing "How Many Say I?" live!!!

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-01-2007, 11:59 PM
The biggest mistake that Dave ever made was naming the group Van Halen.

diamondsgirl
02-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
Who gives a shit what he's done for Dave? This isn't Kindergarten class with share-time. This isn't a moral lesson. This isn't eye-for-an-eye. This is supposed to be the reunion of a rock band.

And Eddie gets his son who has been playing for "three months" to play bass and further ruin the legacy.

Christ, doesn't it bug any of you that if they go up there and suck (which they may do because they have an untrained bass player and a drunk guitarist), this could tarnish the legacy of Van Halen?

Well, damn straight. That's the sound. That's the magic.

Bringing the kid out there is an ego-trip on Eddie's part to control the band as much as possible. He doesn't want to just own Van Halen...he wants to be Van Halen.

I would rather remember the pairing of Dave and Ed as brilliant instead of what it might be...

I may see this tour...but this is pure bullshit.

It doesn't matter if Mike is an asshole. He's not half the asshole that Ed is...and Ed's still up there.

Exactly... its not kindergarten, its every man for himself and if MA can't negotiate with Ed to stay in the band then why the fuck should Roth do it for him. He's never done shit for Roth. He's been too busy kissing Hagar's ass.

"If they go up there and suck" I will be disappointed. Sure. But no more disappointed than if Ed and Dave never performed together again.

LMAO @ tarnishing the legend of VH. Sorry, but thats been done already. If anything maybe (if the fans turn out) this will show once and for all that it doesn't matter who the fuck is playing bass, its Roth fronting Van Halen that people want to see.

Actually I have always said Dave or the Grave. Not, all four original members or the grave. I mean shit...that doesn't even rhyme. :D

Again, I prefer Mike...but I am curious to see how this kid can play. Aren't you?? Just a litttle??

Rikk, Ed's not just an asshole. He's a crazy drunken asshole. That's the worst kind. Who knows how long Dave will be able to tolerate him.

You said you're going to the show...Excellent!! Enjoy!!!
(that is if they make it to your neck of the woods without killing eachother)

Welcome back.
Your dreams were your ticket out.....:D

vhrothfan
02-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY

Very true!

5 star vote for you.

Plexi Head
02-02-2007, 12:11 AM
[B]This is a tough one. I really want to spend my money and take a trip to Las Vegas to see Prince. ]

A trip to Vegas to see Prince would be nothing but money well spent.

Anyone who knows anything about guitar playing knows Prince is the real deal. Serious chops and an even more serious tone.

diamondsgirl
02-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Gimme a break. It's Mike's fault that they got Sam instead of Dave?? Mike didn't even have anything to do with the 2004 tour until Sam made an ultimatum. Ed wanted to fire him back then.

And it was Ed and Al that didn't want Dave there in '04 because he was suing them over their fucking him over with record royalties.

Seriously, people will see things however they want to...but the bottom line is that the brothers don't even deserve Dave.

Ultimatums are gay. Thats why I would never want to hear Roth say "if you don't do this...I won't do that." That would disappoint me.

You are either in or you're out.

Dave was presented with this concept and from what I am gathering, he's in. Cool with me.

(I do agree that Ed shouldn't be allowed to wipe Dave's ass at this point. But, thats between them. )

diamondsgirl
02-02-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY

Too bad he didn't know then what he knows now.

Who would have thought??

Hardrock69
02-02-2007, 12:43 AM
WARF wishes he could suck Wolfenstein's baby peepee....why else is he going nutso posting so many of these droolingly worshipful threads????

WARF
02-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
WARF wishes he could suck Wolfenstein's baby peepee....why else is he going nutso posting so many of these droolingly worshipful threads????

I'm just happy Dave is back in the band!
I don't care who the bass player is!

vhrothfan
02-02-2007, 01:05 AM
I'm just happy Dave is back in the band!
I don't care who the bass player is!

Thats all that matters.

VH Videos (http://www.vanhalenvideos.blogspot.com)

conmee
02-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Brethren and sistren,

I'm not going to talk anyone out of looking forward to seeing DLR and Edward, Alex, and Wolfgang. For many, that is the closest thing to the real McCoy as they'll get, and I won't rain on that parade.

But... let's revisit the definition of sheep. The whole term came about due to the blind allegiance fans were showing Edward (as FORD, since we were using that term back in 1997!). Every move that Edward made, the sheep just ate it up. It wasn't a term to describe Sammy lovers so much as it was a term to describe fans of the Cult of Edward. When he brought in Sam, they kissed his ass. When he talked shit about DLR, they kissed his ass. When DLR was brought back for 3 songs, they kissed his ass. When Cherone was brought in, they kissed his ass. And when Sammy was brought back for the Fleece The Sheep tour, they kissed his ass.

See a pattern? If you DON'T THINK FOR YOURSELF, NO MATTER WHO YOUR HERO IS, YOU ARE ASKING TO BE MADE A FOOL OF... EVENTUALLY.

What I'm seeing with all this talk of anything DLR does MUST be good, at least musically, is horseshit. That's SHEEP TALK, that's not free-thinking, opinionated, kick ass DLR fans!!! lol

Look, you want to go see the show, and support DLR, great! But don't slag and marginalize the soldiers who have sense enough to see a sham for what it is, call a spade a spade, and not keep drinking the Kool Aid.

For chrissake, when THIS SITE BEGAN it was about supporting DLR in all his SOLO ACTIVITIES and efforts toward a REUNION! This site wasn't founded on principles like you have at other "Van Halen" sites, not founded on princples of worshipping DLR no matter what he does, sings, or shits. It was supporting the MAN, HIS BAND, HIS LEGACY, HIS RIGHTFUL PLACE AT THE HELM OF MIGHTY VAN HALEN. It was about not giving in to the Cult of Edward and the horseshit stupid ass moves Edward does and decision he makes.

So now... just because by some miracle of the stars or fate, 3/4 of the band are back together, very much on EDWARD'S terms, mind you, that all is forgiven, water under the dam, fuck it.. it's really only DLR and ED that matter, we can have Ringo and Geddy Lee in there and it's all good, and it'll be worth my $100+ per show... fuck that noise!

You wanna go, then fucking go to the show! But don't go fucking with the rest of the populace... live with your own rationalizations and decision to see this farce, but don't try to shame people in to making the same mistake with a bogus poll, WARF, my friend. lol

At the end of the day, we all make mistakes, even DLR is due eventually. And this get together with Wolfgang, if it goes down, will be a mistake. No need to board the sinking ship with him, cuz at the end of the day, DLR has a life preserver and can float away from the wreckage... everyone else will simply be poorer by the price of admission.

Carry on!

Icon.

Dan
02-02-2007, 01:29 AM
Cheers Icon.

:bottle:

diamondsgirl
02-02-2007, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by conmee
Brethren and sistren,

I'm not going to talk anyone out of looking forward to seeing DLR and Edward, Alex, and Wolfgang. For many, that is the closest thing to the real McCoy as they'll get, and I won't rain on that parade.

But... let's revisit the definition of sheep. The whole term came about due to the blind allegiance fans were showing Edward (as FORD, since we were using that term back in 1997!). Every move that Edward made, the sheep just ate it up. It wasn't a term to describe Sammy lovers so much as it was a term to describe fans of the Cult of Edward. When he brought in Sam, they kissed his ass. When he talked shit about DLR, they kissed his ass. When DLR was brought back for 3 songs, they kissed his ass. When Cherone was brought in, they kissed his ass. And when Sammy was brought back for the Fleece The Sheep tour, they kissed his ass.

See a pattern? If you DON'T THINK FOR YOURSELF, NO MATTER WHO YOUR HERO IS, YOU ARE ASKING TO BE MADE A FOOL OF... EVENTUALLY.

What I'm seeing with all this talk of anything DLR does MUST be good, at least musically, is horseshit. That's SHEEP TALK, that's not free-thinking, opinionated, kick ass DLR fans!!! lol

Look, you want to go see the show, and support DLR, great! But don't slag and marginalize the soldiers who have sense enough to see a sham for what it is, call a spade a spade, and not keep drinking the Kool Aid.

For chrissake, when THIS SITE BEGAN it was about supporting DLR in all his SOLO ACTIVITIES and efforts toward a REUNION! This site wasn't founded on principles like you have at other "Van Halen" sites, not founded on princples of worshipping DLR no matter what he does, sings, or shits. It was supporting the MAN, HIS BAND, HIS LEGACY, HIS RIGHTFUL PLACE AT THE HELM OF MIGHTY VAN HALEN. It was about not giving in to the Cult of Edward and the horseshit stupid ass moves Edward does and decision he makes.

So now... just because by some miracle of the stars or fate, 3/4 of the band are back together, very much on EDWARD'S terms, mind you, that all is forgiven, water under the dam, fuck it.. it's really only DLR and ED that matter, we can have Ringo and Geddy Lee in there and it's all good, and it'll be worth my $100+ per show... fuck that noise!

You wanna go, then fucking go to the show! But don't go fucking with the rest of the populace... live with your own rationalizations and decision to see this farce, but don't try to shame people in to making the same mistake with a bogus poll, WARF, my friend. lol

At the end of the day, we all make mistakes, even DLR is due eventually. And this get together with Wolfgang, if it goes down, will be a mistake. No need to board the sinking ship with him, cuz at the end of the day, DLR has a life preserver and can float away from the wreckage... everyone else will simply be poorer by the price of admission.

Carry on!

Icon.

I don't agree that every Roth fan that will be in attendance is a sheep.

I have seen Roth with VH and Roth solo. Many times each.

The only reason I even mention this is because I can honestly say that I have never been disappointed in any show Roth has been in and I have never walked away with a feeling like I'd been ripped off in anyway. Does that make me a sheep?

Also, I have never seen Roth get on stage with any sub-par musicians.

This has been my experience from 1981 right up through this fall.

This all may change with this tour. I won't know until I go and see for myself.

On a side note, I also think it would suck ass if Roth Halen 2007 doesn't out sell Van Hagar 2004 because of a change of bass player.

I agree with you, Icon, about not trying to change minds...but I really think you should go. :D

conmee
02-02-2007, 01:39 AM
Babydoll, I'm not calling any DLR fan a sheep... per se. lol

What I am saying is that, look, everyone has to make their own decision about this Van Wolfie thing, and that if you can convince yourself it's worthwhile, worth your time, your money, your emotional investment... cool. I won't shame you into feeling bad about it.

But don't come into the House That Roth Built! (guess who came up with that tagline... hint hint...lol) and try to force this sham down my throat or call me a Hagar lover! WARF is trying to get fired, but I love him like a brother, and I won't fire him again!!!! I will resist pressing the ban button for his outburst!!! lmao!!! ;)

All I'm saying is this: Go if you want to, don't if you don't. But at the end of the day, I still say we ARE ALL ROTH fans, regardless of which side of this Van Wolfie fence you are on. Again, I am all for ANYTHING DLR DOES if it IS ON HIS TERMS! And this is very much not on his terms... can't be... goes against everything DLR has stood for since 1985....

So that's all... just trying to bring some sanity to WARF, the man, the miracle, the legend. Of course, as I said previously, we actually have him on the payroll to stir shit up, and hell, I've got some down time, so I thought I'd help out with some of the heavy lifting... lol

Carry on!

Long Live The Mighty Van Halen with DLR!!!!

Icon.

ELVIS
02-02-2007, 01:48 AM
My fingers are crossed that Dave may somehow be trying to squeeze Michael back into the picture...

I mean, with the RRHOF, the tour idea, the repackaging of their "hits", INCLUDING "Jump"...

LMAO...

It only makes sense...

But, I'm not holding my breath...

:elvis:

vhrothfan
02-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
My fingers are crossed that Dave may somehow be trying to squeeze Michael back into the picture...

Ed's the boss though.

vhrothfan
02-02-2007, 02:22 AM
So we are members of The Wolf Gang?

Van Halen Videos (http://www.vanhalenvideos.blogspot.com)

rustoffa
02-02-2007, 02:37 AM
Looking back? It's as if every single thing could go wrong. Maybe it was "aspects" of certain things? If you really want to drill down another notch? Perhaps it was the details, or lack of attention to them.

Often, enthusiastic statement, in it's literal form, can be suited to define whatever the recipient of said statement deems.

This compelling paradox has fascinated authors, philosophers, theologians, and mathemeticians for centuries.

Opinionation is certainly a factor, as readily available information becomes a defining aspect of the modern human condition. The saturation of sensationalized popular culture with forward thinking, often spoon-fed idealism, has weakened the very fibre of social consciousness across the board.

While these factors are noteworthy, they don't stop me from posting shit about Wolfie fucking milfs, or Eddie's teeth falling on top of Steve Lukather's mama's head.

ELVIS
02-02-2007, 03:03 AM
~Ha!~

Steve Lukather's mama...

MAX
02-02-2007, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Eyes
I'll support Wolfie knowing that the "eyes of the night" bootleg showcases a 17 year old eddie van halen tearing shit up at the pasedena civic stadium 2 years before they were signed ...

Great analogy Eyes. :cool:

The proof will definitely be in the kid's playing. I've already mentioned younger players from RnR history in other threads. So and again, fuck the "age" crap" cos if the kid can play, more fucking power to them and us as the audience. We can rock out whilst the rest cry, piss moan and masterbate thinking about "Mikey" till their collective berginer's turn ripe...

Regardless, sign me up for this "Wolf Gang" shit cos I'd go REGARDLESS and just cos it's Dave. That's where my loyalty stands, always has and always will.

Anyway, "Mikey" doesn't give a shit cos recent pics of him palling with Hag prove it. Mikey wouldn't have much fun anyway without Hag right beside him. They're two teeny 'lil peckers in a pud...

http://mindsetlive.net/70z.JPG

Currently for sale on Sobelowski's OWN site!!! (http://www.madanthonycafe.com/otherhalftee_detail.html)

Lastly, Anthony can shove it up his ass for that last interview he had dissing Dave and still saying "He's stuck in 1984..." :rolleyes:

Well, it's better than being "stuck" up Hag's buthole!!!

Again and I cannot say it enough...

These people that say "I'm not going cos Mikey's not there!!! WAAAAA!!!" That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard.

Dave's there so what does it matter? Is it just the kid factor or is the loyalty really that deep for Hagar's other half?

Would people be singing a different tune if it were a more wellknown and already established bassist? Or what if it were some unkown Anthonyesque vocal clone would peeps think differently?

Seriously, I NEVER would've believed in my wildest dreams that so many people would be bellyaching like this over Hagar's spouse of twenty plus years? :confused:

MAX
02-02-2007, 05:01 AM

Not true at all.

Infact, one specific quote of her's has graced my sig (and proudly) for years...

"and by Van Halen, I mean David Lee Roth" - diamondsgirl

bueno bob
02-02-2007, 06:08 AM
Oh, I'll be there, I suppose.

The PROBLEM with that is that, even now, I'm hardly excited about it. It just seems very...

Half-assed.

Day by day, my excitement wanes...honestly, I'm almost hoping David pulls out of this if Mike isn't involved.

Not because I have any love for Mike, and not because I'm a Hagar fan or anything like that...that's fuckin' nonsense...

But mostly because it just feels half-assed, and I'd rather remember a Roth fronted Van Halen as fully fueled and firing on all cylinders.

ULTRAMAN VH
02-02-2007, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Oh, I'll be there, I suppose.

The PROBLEM with that is that, even now, I'm hardly excited about it. It just seems very...

Half-assed.

Day by day, my excitement wanes...honestly, I'm almost hoping David pulls out of this if Mike isn't involved.

Not because I have any love for Mike, and not because I'm a Hagar fan or anything like that...that's fuckin' nonsense...

But mostly because it just feels half-assed, and I'd rather remember a Roth fronted Van Halen as fully fueled and firing on all cylinders.

Well said, I feel the same way.

WARF
02-02-2007, 06:16 AM

Anyone with a 3 star rating or higher is eligible... :D

WARF
02-02-2007, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by MAX

Regardless, sign me up for this "Wolf Gang" shit cos I'd go REGARDLESS and just cos it's Dave. That's where my loyalty stands, always has and always will.

Dude, look at that pic!
They're even dressing alike now!
Mikey deserved to be fired!!

WARF
02-02-2007, 06:29 AM
Actually, it's not even about being a fanclub MAX..
Or signing up for that matter!
It's about supporting David Lee Roth as the frontman for Van Halen with Wolfgang on bass... and if Mikey rejoins that band... well...
Then we'll support the original lineup!

MAX
02-02-2007, 06:44 AM
The scary thing WARF is that pic was taken in 2007, which means Michael ain't losing any sleep over this so why is anyone else? His bitemarks are still and forever enshrined in Hag's pillows.

Also, I wasn't signing on as a clubmember persay cos I've been all for this thing once Dave's name was mentioned. :)

Again, VH has, is and will ALWAYS be about ROTH FIRST, anything else is just frosting. :)

MAX
02-02-2007, 06:47 AM

I guess you are in a way due to the wolf-look-a-like eyebrow clause...

bueno bob
02-02-2007, 07:25 AM

Is it just me, or does Michael Anthony remind you of a casino boss ca. 1979 in this photo?

Seriously, I could almost see Robert DeNiro portraying him...

:eek:

nosuchluck
02-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Well...it's just that...to quote one of the members here

"I fucking hate people that support EVERYTHING Roth does!! Maybe you are the FUCKING SHEEP! "

WARF
02-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Dude...
You don't have to support everything Roth Does...
But atleast fucking support him in Van Halen at minimal...
If your gonna miss the tour because of Ma...
That's bullshit!

nosuchluck
02-02-2007, 09:15 AM
That post was purely in jest...

Honestly, I don't know what to make of this whole Van Hanson thing. It just sounds way too retarded to put a kid in a band that epitomizes the "Sex, Drugs & Rock 'n' Roll" lifestyle. I really hope that Dave pushes for some integrity - it's probably a long shot.

Basically,
It ain't Van Halen without...Van Halen...

MAX
02-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by nosuchluck
That post was purely in jest...

Honestly, I don't know what to make of this whole Van Hanson thing. It just sounds way too retarded to put a kid in a band that epitomizes the "Sex, Drugs & Rock 'n' Roll" lifestyle. I really hope that Dave pushes for some integrity - it's probably a long shot.

Basically,
It ain't Van Halen without...Van Halen...

No offense but this whole "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll" cliche doesn't apply anymore.

Seriously, they're old men who've gone from Cocaine to Rogaine.

Just enjoy it for what it is. :cool:

WARF
02-02-2007, 10:24 AM
From cocaine to rogaine??? lmao
:lol:

Matt White
02-02-2007, 10:31 AM
DAVID LEE ROTH 100%

Time to set up to the plate kids...

This might be the only chance in this lifetime to see DAVE with EVH.....

Just like PAGE & PLANT in the 90's.......

you'll get a glimpse at the POWER, MYSTERY, AND THE HAMMER OF THE GODS

Roy Munson
02-02-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm in.

nosuchluck
02-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by MAX

Just enjoy it for what it is. :cool:

That sounds simple enough. But do you ever get the feeling that you've been ripped off?

I'm gonna miss the tour anyway, but I want my Youtube videos to be special, goddammit!:p

vhrothfan
02-02-2007, 11:46 AM
When the lights go down and Dave and Ed hit the stage together again the excitement will set in for everyone.

VHrocks
02-02-2007, 03:21 PM
You forgot to add a 4th option to the poll:

"I'm a Classic Van Halen fan and NOT a Van Hagar fan. Anything short of the original lineup will not satisfy me."

:cool:

Vinnie Velvet
02-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by VHrocks
You forgot to add a 4th option to the poll:

"I'm a Classic Van Halen fan and NOT a Van Hagar fan. Anything short of the original lineup will not satisfy me."

:cool:

vhrothfan
02-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by the poster formerly known as twonabomber
I'm undecided but I know that I love this Prince video of him dancing in his bikini underwear. Its so sexy. Come over and post with me at www.prince.org Prince is hot. I wish I had all the boots and shoes that he has.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/vhrothfan/CarmineTommyVTwona.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HJKNKPHZ7Ow"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HJKNKPHZ7Ow" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

diamondsgirl
02-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Does anyone really WANT Wolf in the band? I doubt it.

But heres what I'm gonna do. I am going the show. I'll get slightly ripped in the parking lot. Go in and dance my ass off and sing along to my very favorite tunes, being played by and sung by the people who wrote the music and the lyrics and those two other guys. Hopefully, I'll get close enough to flirt with Dave a little. Then, with my ears still ringing, I'm going home to sleep and in the morning I'll nurse my hangover.

In other words, I'll pay about as much attention to who is playing bass as I always have. :D

ben halen
02-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Dan
Only Time will tell.

Ooh, bad choice of words.

VHrocks
02-02-2007, 06:46 PM
I personally will never join the "Wolf Gang", nor did I ever join the "Hagar Gang". I am still a member of the "Classic Van Halen Gang", and I really have no interest in either the Wolf Gang or the Hagar Gang. I will be very surprised if this 40-show tour makes it even halfway through without a severe trainwreck due to Eddie's poor state of mind.

Douglas T.
02-02-2007, 07:03 PM

In other words, I'll pay about as much attention to who is playing bass as I always have. :D

:D Exactly!

VHrocks
02-02-2007, 07:09 PM
While I understand that you may not have paid much attention to Michael onstage, I can assure you that if his backup vocals would have been missing - you would have been saying, "What the hell is wrong with that sound?"

Tell me truthfully, do you think Wolfgang is going to be able to duplicate the backup vocals on Classic Van Halen songs such as this one in the video below? (Which are Michael Anthony's):

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BStv8X7bkVw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BStv8X7bkVw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

SparkieD
02-02-2007, 07:23 PM
I'll probably go, but don't go signing me up for this Wolf Gang bullshit. I won't be there to see a VH reunion or the Van Halen I know and love. Matter of fact, I won't be there to see Van Halen at all. I'll be there just to see Dave. Personally, I'd rather see solo Dave but I'll take Dave however I can get him.

Besides, it won't work out. Does anybody even remember the last time Dave had to start answering to Eddie?

POJO_Risin
02-02-2007, 07:49 PM
The

Wolf Gang?

holy mother of god...

I can see WARF with a wig...and a pillow up his shirt...

cheering a 15 year old playing base...

bueno bob
02-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by SparkieD
Besides, it won't work out. Does anybody even remember the last time Dave had to start answering to Eddie?

As any classic Van Halen reunion (or version thereof) is going to go, it's skating on thin ice from jump street.

Did David hold out for Mike? Did he cave when he realized that Eddie wasn't budging?

These things don't sit well with me.

I am faithful that the differences with Anthony will be resolved prior to this thing hitting the road, but not optimistic.

Howlin' Wolf
02-02-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm de wolf that howls. An' Ize support Van Rothin' and the Wolf Gang!! Nothin' but the blues and Van Hagar makes me snooze!!:D

VHrocks
02-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by SparkieD
I'll probably go, but don't go signing me up for this Wolf Gang bullshit. I won't be there to see a VH reunion or the Van Halen I know and love. Matter of fact, I won't be there to see Van Halen at all. I'll be there just to see Dave. Personally, I'd rather see solo Dave but I'll take Dave however I can get him.

Well said.

diamondsgirl
02-02-2007, 08:36 PM
How the hell would I know if Wolf can immitate MA's sound?? I never even heard him speak. LOL.

I will say that I was never that impressed with MA's backing vocals live. Even nearly 30 years ago (like this clip here) he would go completely flat from time to time. Who knows what he sounds like today? Only Hagar fans know that and they're all fucking tone deaf. All I'm saying is, there is better out there. Not sure what they are going to do about backing vocals for this tour. I say hire a fucking background singer or two if the guys in the band can't pull it off. Who cares at this point? Just make it sound good, please.

I will say that backing vocals were always one thing lacking in Roths solo shows. And yeah there was a time when I said WTF? But it took me about 30 seconds to realize what was missing. Its not rocket surgery. :D

rustoffa
02-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Is it just me, or does Michael Anthony remind you of a casino boss ca. 1979 in this photo?

Seriously, I could almost see Robert DeNiro portraying him...

:eek:

It looks like Danny DeVito hanging with a bearded Bette Midler!!

Douglas T.
02-02-2007, 08:49 PM
^It looks worse than that!

diamondsgirl
02-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
It looks like Danny DeVito hanging with a bearded Bette Midler!!

thats not a very nice thing to say about Danny and Bette :D

The_KiD
02-02-2007, 08:53 PM
They come to DC.. I will be there..

KiD

Terry
02-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Well, I'm gonna try to get tix and see it, so I guess by that definition I support it.

Am not wholeheartedly endorsing putting Wolfie in the bass player spot and (much more of a sore spot with me) the band not putting out any new material, but buying tickets and going to see them is an endorsement. I mean, I wanna go and see them put on a good show...although half of me thinks they're gonna have to pull a serious hat trick to make that happen...but I sure as fuck am not going with the hope that they're gonna flop.

Despite how much Dave wants it, I think if the thing wasn't shaping up to be some great entertainment and a good show, he wouldn't be getting involved. The guy likes attention, but he isn't gonna want it for the wrong reasons. Plus, I always have a good time at all his solo shows, so it stands to reason I'm gonna enjoy it despite my reservations.

Rikk
02-03-2007, 12:57 AM
Ultimatums are gay. Thats why I would never want to hear Roth say "if you don't do this...I won't do that." That would disappoint me.

You are either in or you're out.

Dave was presented with this concept and from what I am gathering, he's in. Cool with me.

(I do agree that Ed shouldn't be allowed to wipe Dave's ass at this point. But, thats between them. )

Listen, I understand your excitement completely. And hey, I got no loyalty to the mullet-fuck. I think he's half the reason it never worked out before.

I guess I'm just sick of Ed's ego...and frankly, if the band has all four original members alive still, they SHOULD work it out.

I don't want it to seem like I'm attacking sheep. I think people supporting Dave is awesome. I support Dave over anyone else. I guess I'm just disappointed that it's not the original thing.

WOAHYEAH
02-03-2007, 01:27 AM
I will buy a ticket at whatever cost.

I will buy the t-shirt.

I will even buy the shitty album they're putting out.

Why?

Because 3 outta 4 ain't bad. I've never seen the magic between Roth and Ed, and now I finally get to. I don't care if they have to get his grandmother to play bass, I just want to see this.

BrownSound1
02-03-2007, 01:28 AM
I'm disappointed, but I'm also happy Ed and Dave are working together. If I'm going to support Roth with guys who were virtual unknowns when they joined him, then I'm definitely going to support him when he's doing a tour with Eddie and Alex Van Halen. The rest is rather insignificant in all honesty.

Rikk
02-03-2007, 01:29 AM
Yeah, I'm pissed, but I'm still excited. I just hope it gets to the studio.

Marcus
02-03-2007, 01:57 AM
I'll be going for sure. No one has heard what they sound like with Wolf, so it could be even better than before. Sucks the bag that Mikey isn't there, but we could be pleasantly surprised...maybe...

And really, we have to take what we can get at this point. I don't see Ed blowing out 60 candles at his current rate of deterioration. Now or never.

Mt. Krakalak
02-03-2007, 02:21 AM
I'm still hoping the Wolfie part is just some smoke and mirrors until they announce the full original line up to tour! Just dreamin' I guess! I can remember after the split when Mikey was the only one on Daves side! :(

I feel the same way. This whole Wolfie the Bass Boy Wonder thing is so far fetched that it couldn't possibly be true! Right? Seriously, I'm thinking Eddie is totally fucking with our minds up until the last second. After the RRHOF fiasco, it will be announced that Mikey is indeed back and the original four will be doing 40 shows right in our backyards all summer long!

Jeez, the weather sure is nice here in La La Land...

WARF
02-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
The

Wolf Gang?

holy mother of god...

I can see WARF with a wig...and a pillow up his shirt...

cheering a 15 year old playing base...

That's bullshit pojo!
I use oranges instead!

Matt White
02-03-2007, 03:53 PM
I Can't Wait

http://a94.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/9/l_6a2372ddd8a6f5ce413d74c565343b25.jpg

Vinnie Velvet
02-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I'm pissed, but I'm still excited. I just hope it gets to the studio.

HELL YEAH!!

Rikk, my brother, this tour should be great!

VAN HALEN 2007:

David Lee Roth
Edward Van Halen
Alex Van Halen
Wolfgang Van Halen

Mt. Krakalak
02-05-2007, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
I Can't Wait

http://a94.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/9/l_6a2372ddd8a6f5ce413d74c565343b25.jpg

Holy shit! That's goddamn hilarious.
I've seen some great photoshopping here, but this one's the funniest of all.
What's wrong with Al's neck? Did he finally have them bastard vertabrae fused? Or removed?