PDA

View Full Version : No Funeral for Mikey???

Ole No. 1
02-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Interesting piece of news I heard on Kansas City radio this morning... haven't seen this on any posts yet...

Johnny Dare on "98.9 The Rock " had Jim Florentine (sp?) from Crank Yankers on this morning and they discussed this Van Halen "reunion" for a few miutes. They both had the opinion that it isn't Van Halen without MA. But Florentine said that he's heard from the rumour mills in tinsel town that Eddie is most upset with Mike for not attending their mother's funeral.

Perhaps this isn't true, but I can imagine Ed and Al being upset over that.

Discussion?

Diamondjimi
02-01-2007, 06:21 PM
'Ol Saucey could'nt make the funeral because he was in a top secret laboratory in Cabo formulating his bloodfart hot sauce.!;)

LoungeMachine
02-01-2007, 06:45 PM
This also in from Club Ed.

No one who didnt attend mom's burial will be allowed to purchase the new Best of Vol. 8

conmee
02-01-2007, 06:57 PM
I need one of my posts added to LoungeMachine's signature... please use this one!

Carry on.

Icon.

lafours
02-01-2007, 07:17 PM
could be a fact..

Florentine is friends with Craig Gass , who supposedly stays at Ed's house when he is doing gigs in CA

PlexiBrown
02-01-2007, 07:25 PM
I heard the same thing. Ed's issue with Mike is the funeral thing and not so much Mike and Spam dating.

jgdrag
02-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Weren't spammy and bass player on their honeymoon and couldn't be reached by phone?
This just in, spammy hagar needed immediately surgery again to remove a tele-comunications device which mysteriously found its way into the same orifice that was probed by an unknown accomplice previously!

FORD
02-01-2007, 09:29 PM
It is true that Mama Van Heineken passed away some time in late 2005/early 2006, because Dave mentioned going to her funeral around the time he was describing a reunion tour as "inevitable", which was also around the time he was on the radio.

If Mike (or Spammy for that matter) skipped the funeral, then that was a lame thing of them to do, whether Eddie's a raging dickweed or not..

Of course that hasn't been verified, and knowing Eddie, if it were he probably would have said so.

"Fuckin asshole didn't even show up to pay respects to my mother" would have made Ed's case much better than random rants about Bassplayer's fucking hot sauce.

jgdrag
02-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Yes, that would be more acceptable