PDA

View Full Version : Why do so many fans want Michael Anthony in the lineup?

VHrocks
02-02-2007, 03:12 AM
Oh no, not another thread on Michael Anthony, right? Wrong. I think this may help some of you understand why some of us are so adamant about getting the original Classic Van Halen lineup on this year's upcoming tour.

Many people here have said, "You've finally got David Lee Roth in the lineup again - be happy and get over it!" I don't see it that way. Way back when the original Van Halen lineup was fractured when Dave left in 1985, a lot of hardcore Van Halen fans were pissed off when they brought in Sammy Hagar to replace Dave. Sammy was seen as an aftermarket part being installed on a classic car.

I believe that this analogy can be used with Michael Anthony also. When a guy starts looking for a classic Corvette, he usually wants to find one with all the original parts. Aftermarket parts tend to decrease the value for most buyers. Regardless if Wolfie is Eddie's son or Sammy is a good singer (which I realize is debatable around here), they are both "aftermarket parts" being installed on a classic vehicle.

:cool:

vhrothfan
02-02-2007, 03:19 AM
Because people just like to bitch. Remember when alot of people wanted Dave to record more covers? So he records Diamond Dave with almost all covers and then everyone bitched because it was almost all covers. People are never fucking happy. Everyone wanted Dave back in VH for years and now that he is they have to find something else to bitch about.

vhrothfan
02-02-2007, 03:32 AM
It's no wonder why Dave doesn't put out anything new.

Van Halen Videos (http://www.vanhalenvideos.blogspot.com)

Nitro Express
02-02-2007, 03:53 AM
Because Michael Anthony was a big part of the classic Van Halen sound. He's an original band member. I say if Mike isn't part of the tour this summer then they should discount the tickets. LOL!

bueno bob
02-02-2007, 06:11 AM
Because it feels like a very half-assed, thrown together at random affair, and every day of continued silence makes me less and less excited about the prospect.

It's like finally getting to drive your Dad's super hot sports car, but all you can do with it is pull it into the garage.

ULTRAMAN VH
02-02-2007, 06:25 AM
The Vh sisters and there cloak and dagger, James Bond undercover shit is really old. It is obvious they are not confident in their negotiations with DLR due to the silence. If this tour comes to fruition great, but it has been 22 years and if it doesn't happen, oh well, life goes on.

binnie
02-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

It's like finally getting to drive your Dad's super hot sports car, but all you can do with it is pull it into the garage.

Yep.

Or, having to pull out of Jessica Alba before you cum...

bueno bob
02-02-2007, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by binnie
Yep.

Or, having to pull out of Jessica Alba before you cum...

I like your analogy much better, actually. :)

binnie
02-02-2007, 07:38 AM
I like your analogy much better, actually. :)

Why thank-you sir!

kamaboko
02-02-2007, 07:45 AM
i can tell you from experience, she likes the facial spooge.

bueno bob
02-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Mandatory Biel pic:

http://jbiel.com/images/jessica_biel8.jpg

binnie
02-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Sha-wing!

MAX
02-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by VHrocks
Why do so many fans want Michael Anthony in the lineup?

Cos they're into biting pillows and it's as simple as that.

Seriously, fuck ALL of this Mikael Anthony bullshit!!!

That's what it is... A BIG, STEAMING PILE OF BULLSHIT!!!

There, I fucking said it!!!

Here we (hopefully) have a Roth fronted show and people whine, piss, bitch and moan about Hag's other half? Please!!! :rolleyes:

Lots of us have always stated "Dave or the Grave!!!" Well, let's get SERIOUS!!!

David Lee Roth fronting a Van Halen show!!! Nothing more needs to be said and END OF FUCKING STORY!!!

Either go or don't but keep yer "Mikey" whining to yourself.

Oh and at the end of the day, you'll all hit the traveling circus if and when it rolls through your town and y'all fucking KNOW IT!!!

So and again, save the sanctimonious "Mikey" bullshit or go start a MikeyArmy on which to post cos I think a lot of you've forgotten where you came from!!!

It's ALL about Dave!!!

Roth On!!!

bueno bob
02-02-2007, 08:34 AM
I see where you're coming from Max, and I certainly respect and even admire your excitement - in some ways, I wish I could get as excited as you are.

Still...I'm not sure that it's an entirely fair attitude to take. People are split down the center about this, and I don't think any one side has more merit than the other.

Myself, I've always been a Dave fan - but I'm a "Classic Dave" fan first; it's not "All Dave All The Time" with me.

For me, classic Van Halen was the sum of it's parts. Dave and Eddie were the faces, sure, but Alex and Mike really rounded out the whole and made it one from many. Alex and Mike being there the whole time just made it a family, at least on the outside.

Now, I'm sure we could debate Mike's contribution til the cows come home (and they're quite meager, certainly) - but myself, and a lot of other people here, are just Van Halen traditionalists, I guess, for lack of a better word...anything that messes up the original four doesn't sit well. Up til now, it's been an issue of Dave's absence, which has been the focus we've all had, but...it just seems like it's a case of getting right up to it and having yet ANOTHER setback, and it's disheartening to a lot of people.

I don't think their concerns and objections are completely irrelevant or a case of Mike-loving; It's a biting reminder that the REAL Van Halen will apparently never work out it's differences, and it just smacks of being too little, too late...

Which brings us right back to 1996, I guess... :)

jgdrag
02-02-2007, 08:36 AM
It's all about ROTH!!!

bueno bob
02-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by jgdrag
It's all about ROTH!!!

Well, forgive me for disagreeing with that rather broad statement, but...

I disagree. For me, and for many others, it's always been about classic Van Halen and how David kept that spirit alive when the band itself refused to.

Dave's the focus, Van Halen's the band, and all of them are a part of it for me.

jgdrag
02-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Sure, but those days are over,we could sit here all pissed off because no bass player, but is that really the reason or is it the tour and no new music that has our shit in a knot? From all appearances, another money grab, from Ed, does not sit well with the fans. Support appears to be growing on this site with respect to the new line up and I believe in the end it really is only about Ed and Dave. Besides, nobody knows why Edward gave bass player the boot.

If we had watched this unfold
1980 they wanted to dump bass player
1996 wanted to dump bass player
2004 wanted to dump bass player
bass player's last album appear was when?
Hasn't edward slowly moved away from backing vocals, VH 3 from what I hear was pretty much without bass player backing vocals?
Now we are suprised?

Besides, as I have said before, I don't go to see the bass player unless he is you know who?

lafours
02-02-2007, 08:55 AM
because there at the tail end of there career and it would be easy to do... Why the fuck not do the original lineup for one last hurrah? It could bring closure and payoff there long time fans...and with the RNR hall of fame coming up it would be nice if Grown men could put there differences aside and celebrate there legacy for the good of there fans...

We all love classic VAN HALEN...not just Eddie and Roth...

they could easily replace Alex too and although that would be hilarious I wouls rather have him behind the kit than anyone else...

jgdrag
02-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Sure it would appear to be an easy move, but we do not have the first hand history of the band and are only guessing at why this is happening
Personally, I could give a shit about neckbrace!

bueno bob
02-02-2007, 09:00 AM
If the classic Black Sabbath can keep it together for the sake of the fans, Van Halen can.

bueno bob
02-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Difference? Black Sabbath was smart about it, grabbed the money and realized that it was the best way to say "Thanks" to the fans who kept the music popular over all those years.

Edward Van Halen is simply too bullheaded.

lafours
02-02-2007, 09:02 AM
the sad thing is out of Al, Dave and Mike, Eddie is probobly considered the weak link as far as playing a live show...kind of sad really...

jgdrag
02-02-2007, 09:03 AM
He must think he has something up his sleeve,you know those 10 albums he has sitting at home

jgdrag
02-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by lafours
the sad thing is out of Al, Dave and Mike, Eddie is probobly considered the weak link as far as playing a live show...kind of sad really...

Yes it is!

MAX
02-02-2007, 09:06 AM
No worries Bob. :)

I can fully understand all of this "all or nothing" 'tude. However, I think at this stage of the game, this is the closest and best we're going to get.

I'm one of the fortunate people who's actually seen Van Halen live in their glory. However, that was 22 years ago and for ANYONE who even remotely thinks that's what we're getting served on this tour is gravely mistaken.

They're all older and toned down. I'm stoked that Dave is the way he is nowadays as well.

All I can tell you and it paralells DG's statements as well. I've seen Dave with VH, at his solo zenith i.e. EEAS and Skyscraper as well as in a 1,500 small club on YFLM and his live performances have NEVER let me down!!!

Now, I've also seen (embarrassingly and regretfully) EVH, AVH and MA twice WITHOUT Dave in the Mid 80's and the same cannot be said.

Also and I cannot reitterate this point enough, Anthony's so far up Hagar's rectum, I'm delighted that collective baggage is no longer a part of what is now "Van Halen." Fuck, the HOF will be bad enough, let alone a tour with Hag speaking to the press everyday about a tour he's not even on yet how much he want's to play... A beachbum, Jimmy Buffet wannabe "Mikey" cheerleader is NOT what we need tagging along!!!

We don't need a "Shiny Happy People Holding Hands" addition to the 2007 VH Touring Ensamble, we'll get enough of that when they induct Michael Stipe alongside the fellers at the RNRHOF Induction Ceremony. :uck:

At the end of the day, I cannot believe tons of frequent flyers on this site (all of whom have been flying the "Dave or the Grave" banner for years) pissing and moaning about all things, friggin' Michael Anthony? WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously and I mentioned this prior, would people be as menstrual regarding this whole thing if it were anyone else (other than sPED's child) playing bass?

Seriously, I just think with all of the letdowns and bullshit this band's put us through over the years (yet we've all maintained loyalty and a dimented addiction) that NOTHING will please people?

Well fuck it, I get a Dave Fronted show alongside Eddie V and his striped Frankie and I'm going to be fucking happy with it and especially at my age.

Yup folks, 'tis as good as it gets and I can't wait. :killer:

Besides, when/if this actually materializes, 99.9% of you will be there with bells, whistles and you'll have a STELLAR TIME!!!

One other positive, there will not be some ridicules bass solo to sit through consisting of an instrument being stomped on and thrown around by a portly 'lil fella. :D

bueno bob
02-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by MAX

I can fully understand all of this "all or nothing" 'tude. However, I think at this stage of the game, this is the closest and best we're going to get.

Which is where I'm at...and why I'll have a ticket...

The sad thing for me is this:

DAVID LEE ROTH IS APPARENTLY IN VAN HALEN AND TOURING!!!

And yet...it's really hard for me to get excited about it...

:)

jgdrag
02-02-2007, 09:15 AM
Yes Max, I to have seen the CVH live in 82 and have bled for the return for 22 years
This is as good as it gets, even the full line up could not reach the level of the 82 Halen experience. So why bother myself when bass player is not there, especially given his aquatance with the red cocksucker
Oh bass player, DON'T bite the hand that feeds you!

binnie
02-02-2007, 09:18 AM
It's not a case of not being excited about Dave and Ed sharing a stage again, and I've always said that Mike not being there wouldn't stop me going cos 75% is better than jack shit.

But in an ideal world, of course I'd want Mike there, I find it hard to understand how the songs are gonna sound right without his vocals.

Mike there would be the icing on an already tasty looking cake...

LoungeMachine
02-02-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Cos they're into biting pillows and it's as simple as that.

Seriously, fuck ALL of this Mikael Anthony bullshit!!!

That's what it is... A BIG, STEAMING PILE OF BULLSHIT!!!

There, I fucking said it!!!

Here we (hopefully) have a Roth fronted show and people whine, piss, bitch and moan about Hag's other half? Please!!! :rolleyes:

Lots of us have always stated "Dave or the Grave!!!" Well, let's get SERIOUS!!!

David Lee Roth fronting a Van Halen show!!! Nothing more needs to be said and END OF FUCKING STORY!!!

Either go or don't but keep yer "Mikey" whining to yourself.

Oh and at the end of the day, you'll all hit the traveling circus if and when it rolls through your town and y'all fucking KNOW IT!!!

So and again, save the sanctimonious "Mikey" bullshit or go start a MikeyArmy on which to post cos I think a lot of you've forgotten where you came from!!!

It's ALL about Dave!!!

Roth On!!!

What a crock of loose SHIT :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Quite possibly the stupidist, most inane bunch of steaming garbage I've read on this subject yet.

Change your pad, Maxi.

It's all about Dave?

No, moron.

It's not.

There, I said it.

And a big sloppy FUCK OFF to you to tell us to keep our "whining" to ourselves about trying to keep the CVH lineup in tact.

See, Maxi, some of us care about quality.

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
02-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by MAX

So, because you've given up and thrown in the towel, and ACCEPTED ed's control freak powerplay, we're all supposed to shut up and get in line now?

Just because YOU are ready to SETTLE ?

:rolleyes:

This is NOT the best we're going to get.

jgdrag
02-02-2007, 09:29 AM
We all care about the quality and if there is non there, they will disappear off the face of this planet as they did in 1985.
It's about Dave and Ed together and possibly rebuilding the tarnish that has been applied to the Van Halen band name for me. I do think their best days are over.

MAX
02-02-2007, 09:34 AM
I couldn't agree with you guys more cos in a perfect world, we'd not only get a full fledged "reunion" tour but a looooong awaited followup to the "1984" album as well.

Unfortunately and realistically, it's not happenin'. :(

However and mark my words, Hag's going to spend more time doing interviews to ANYONE who'll listen than the participants on this tour.

As far as what it will sound like goes, no one's heard jack shit yet. Maybe the kid has the pipes to go along with the bass playing? Maybe they have some hottie looking female backups or one hefty woman awaiting with a microphone at hand to handle said duties? Again, who the fuck knows?

At this point, you have all of these people dissing and sending back a potentially stellar, epic and satisfying meal before the fucker's even been cooked, let alone served...

I'll exclude most everyone on this site but fuck the lot of the other whinettes opinions regarding this venture cos they're the same miserable wabozos who've been more than happy to attend Van Halen shows minus Roth and now cry about Anthony's absence? These are the same "fans" who jerked off to Cherone and think The Other Half is Almost Halen...

Fucking CVH traitors is what they are. Call them what they are cos a spade's a spade. The Anthony thing's just an excuse, they're pissed cos Dave will negate both ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that Van Hagar ever did PERIOD!!! And it scares them shitless. ;)

ZahZoo
02-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Just for cunsideration...

Watch this vid... then imagine some gawky 16 year old kid not quite sure how to act in front of crowd replacing Mike and then say with an honest straight face that it'll be just be fine as long as Dave and Ed are there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaoKAz_-JdE

hideyoursheep
02-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by MAX
At this point, you have all of these people dissing and sending back a potentially stellar, epic and satisfying meal before the fucker's even been cooked, let alone served...

When you're favorite 5 star joint starts serving you shit sandwiches without going back to the original recipe,you tend to stop eating there.:rolleyes:

MAX
02-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
Just for cunsideration...

Watch this vid... then imagine some gawky 16 year old kid not quite sure how to act in front of crowd replacing Mike and then say with an honest straight face that it'll be just be fine as long as Dave and Ed are there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaoKAz_-JdE

ZZ,

A clip like that's NOT a fair comparison. I mean the actual band was closer to Wolfgang's age during that stage of the game.

Again, I really doubt that the majority of people going to these shows are attending for the sole purpose of remembering Michael Anthony...

Nobody's going to give a shit about Anthony and more than likely, the "nostalgia" crowd will probably find WVH's presence both cute and kewl that he's up there with Papa San.

All I'm sayin' is people payed good money to sit through shit like "Live Without A Singer" and actually came back for more.

End of the day, this time IT IS ABOUT DAVE!!! Oh and Ed too. ;)

MAX
02-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
When you're favorite 5 star joint starts serving you shit sandwiches without going back to the original recipe,you tend to stop eating there.:rolleyes:

Thankfully I avoid most fast food establishments...

Seems to minimize the complaining about said meals that one doesn't even plan on eating.

Also, the "joint" apparantly stays in business and keeps feeding people whether you grace them with your presence or not. :rolleyes:

hideyoursheep
02-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Thankfully I avoid most fast food establishments...

Then, by your own admission you're going to avoid this latest slapped together for the sake of unveiling Wolfie version of VH without any new music to back it up?

Matt White
02-02-2007, 10:25 AM
There are those of us who go to see DAVID LEE ROTH every summer...without fail....on his own, to show our support...

75% of CLASSIC VAN HALEN? With DAVID LEE ROTH captaining the ship?!?

FUCK YES...I'M IN

MAX
02-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Then, by your own admission you're going to avoid this latest slapped together for the sake of unveiling Wolfie version of VH without any new music to back it up?

No.

By "my own admission" I'm going to see Roth PERIOD. The sisters backing him are just a bonus.

Besides, what kind of a person goes or went to see Van Halen for the sole purpose of the friggin' bassplayer anyways?

What, a retard or something similar?

This Anthony crap (especially on a fucking Roth board) outwore it's welcome after the first five minutes.

Seriously, just go see The Other Half, avoid the shows and quit your collective whining, it's getting rather boring. :rolleyes:

ZahZoo
02-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by MAX
ZZ,

A clip like that's NOT a fair comparison. I mean the actual band was closer to Wolfgang's age during that stage of the game.

Again, I really doubt that the majority of people going to these shows are attending for the sole purpose of remembering Michael Anthony...

Nobody's going to give a shit about Anthony and more than likely, the "nostalgia" crowd will probably find WVH's presence both cute and kewl that he's up there with Papa San.

All I'm sayin' is people payed good money to sit through shit like "Live Without A Singer" and actually came back for more.

End of the day, this time IT IS ABOUT DAVE!!! Oh and Ed too. ;)

Pretty hard to come up with a fair comparison since the last example of DLR fronting was 1985. But I think you'd agree MA's performance/cuntribution to the band even through the dark years has been one of the few constants of the VH vibe.

It's even harder to judge what Teen Wolf will bring to this... if the ship sails.

I guess it's reasonable to withhold judgement until there's something to judge... it's all a crap shoot at this stage of conceptual mind fucking.

Could be just fine... could be a car with 3 full size tires and one of those wimpy sudo-spare tires limping along. I guess if the front end is aligned it'll go, if not... a wreck is in the making.

hideyoursheep
02-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
There are those of us who go to see DAVID LEE ROTH every summer...without fail....on his own, to show our support...
75% of CLASSIC VAN HALEN? With DAVID LEE ROTH captaining the ship?!?FUCK YES...I'M IN

I dont trust Ed's judgment anymore. Dave couldn't have enough leverage with the 2 stooges to keep them from turning VH into an abomination of VH-hell, they've managed to do it several times.I dont want to see Dave's legacy tarnished with a VH-induced failure.That's my concern.
But if it turns out good-well,I may buy a ticket, 'cause we sure as hell aren't gonna get anything else.
So fucking close,and the boneheads wanna fuck with it on the 11th hour.:mad:

LoungeMachine
02-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by MAX

Nobody's going to give a shit about Anthony

See, it's stupid and inane comments like this that make your stance moot.

WTF are you Maxi to speak for everyone?

NOBODY is going to give a shit if it's not the original CVH lineup?

SFTU with stupid ststements like this already. :rolleyes:

Most, a majority, etc is fine if that's what you think.

But don't speak for all of us, Mkay?

LoungeMachine
02-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by MAX

Besides, what kind of a person goes or went to see Van Halen for the sole purpose of the friggin' bassplayer anyways?

What, a retard or something similar?

This Anthony crap (especially on a fucking Roth board) outwore it's welcome after the first five minutes.

Seriously, just go see The Other Half, avoid the shows and quit your collective whining, it's getting rather boring. :rolleyes:

Quit our collective whining?

Fark off.

I understand YOUR needing any excuse to get out of the house, but don't blame those of us with a shred of self worth who won't waste time seeing another version of VH.

After 25 years, anything short of a full reunion is pointless.,

hideyoursheep
02-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by MAX

And just which "half" of VH did you see?

You were fucking 9 YEARS OLD my first time. Did you fall in with the 1984 beginning of the end crowd, or the EEAS tour?
Like I need you to tell me what kind of fan I have been. :mad:

Vinnie Velvet
02-02-2007, 11:03 AM
I guess it's reasonable to withhold judgement until there's something to judge... it's all a crap shoot at this stage of conceptual mind fucking.

Could be just fine... could be a car with 3 full size tires and one of those wimpy sudo-spare tires limping along. I guess if the front end is aligned it'll go, if not... a wreck is in the making.

I trust Dave's judgement on Wolfie.

According to Rolling Stone, Dave sang 14 CVH tunes with the band in December. Reports say that "it sounded great and everyone got along fine."

And if he thought Wolf wasn't up to snuff, musically and even looks-wise (cause image is big in Dave's book as well), then he would've told Ed to fuck off long time ago.

Seems as though that didn't happen.

Vinnie Velvet
02-02-2007, 11:04 AM

You were fucking 9 YEARS OLD my first time. Did you fall in with the 1984 beginning of the end crowd, or the EEAS tour?

SHUT UP, Arnold!!

:mad:

jgdrag
02-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Do you support David Lee Roth as frontman for Van Halen?

Yes (Roth Purist). I support Dave, Ed, Al and Wolfgang for the 2007 tour, and will buy a ticket 82.35%

No (Hagar Fan) I don't support this version of Van Halen. 0 0%

Undecided (Middle of the road fan). I won't support this reunion with David Lee Roth because Michael Anthony is not in the band. (Aka I support MA more than Dave.) 17.65%

hideyoursheep
02-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
SHUT UP, Arnold!!

:mad:

BAN ME, PIMP!:lookie:

hideyoursheep
02-02-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by jgdrag
Do you support David Lee Roth as frontman for Van Halen?

Yes (Roth Purist). I support Dave, Ed, Al and Wolfgang for the 2007 tour, and will buy a ticket 82.35%

No (Hagar Fan) I don't support this version of Van Halen. 0 0%

Undecided (Middle of the road fan). I won't support this reunion with David Lee Roth because Michael Anthony is not in the band. (Aka we don't know yet rather or not this is the Karaoke Idol version of Van Halen.) 17.65%

Don't put words in my mouth.

VHrocks
02-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Edward Van Halen is simply too bullheaded.
You hit the nail on the head. He doesn't care what his fans want. He is just in a drunken, childish state of mind and he is playing games like a little girl. He is basically saying, "Since I couldn't control Mikey and keep him under my thumb, I don't wanna play with him anymore. He is no longer in my club, and he can't come into the treehouse anymore." I've seen my 8-year-old act this way, but I don't expect this kind of behavior out of a grown man.

VanHalener
02-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Because it feels like a very half-assed, thrown together at random affair, and every day of continued silence makes me less and less excited about the prospect.

Listen to my man Roofus; he knows what he's talking about.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4RpxGAk9bYE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4RpxGAk9bYE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

VanHalener
02-02-2007, 03:48 PM
* DISCLAIMER*

Last post does not reflect upon DLR.

ZahZoo
02-02-2007, 04:02 PM
I trust Dave's judgement on Wolfie.

I don't know if I'd want Dave piloting the bus with my kids on a road trip...

I guess I'll wait and see before judging. After the Bluegrass stint... not sure where Dave's live performance standard lie...

VHrocks
02-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Do you trust this guy to do anything sane?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sW1g0HZk2no"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sW1g0HZk2no" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This was supposedly the same show where he told the crowd, "Thanks for paying my rent!" Wow, this guy really cares about his fans, doesn't he?

:o

Vinnie Velvet
02-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I don't know if I'd want Dave piloting the bus with my kids on a road trip...

I guess I'll wait and see before judging. After the Bluegrass stint... not sure where Dave's live performance standard lie...

Oh come on, you know that whatever Dave has done, he was committed to giving his all 110%.

Even when there was stuff his fans didn't care for, at least he did what he believed in and felt was right at the time (that includes the radio gig).

VHrocks
02-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh come on, you know that whatever Dave has done, he was committed to giving his all 110%.

Even when there was stuff his fans didn't care for, at least he did what he believed in and felt was right at the time (that includes the radio gig).

I don't question Dave giving 110% or even 200% to his fans. It's Eddie that doesn't give a flying fuck what his fans want.

VHrocks
02-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Also, let me use another analogy. Wolfgang was born in 1991. Van Halen was born in 1974. How many of you would prefer a 1974 Corvette Stingray with a 1991 GM 350 aftermarket engine over a 1974 Corvette Stingray with the original stock 1974 350 engine? For some people who are not classic car buffs, they may not care. But for the Corvette aficionados out there, it makes all the difference in the world. Likewise, some people could care less who plays bass for Van Halen, or for that matter, who even sings for Van Halen. But for many of us Classic Van Halen aficionados out there, it makes all the difference in the world.

LoungeMachine
02-02-2007, 07:39 PM

For the record...

I called BULLSHIT on his radio gig from day one, and said it was a huge mistake although everyone in here called me a fool.

It's also a mistake for Dave to trust spED and his spawn on this "reunion" tour.

That is all. :cool:

MAX
02-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
See, it's stupid and inane comments like this that make your stance moot.

WTF are you Maxi to speak for everyone?

NOBODY is going to give a shit if it's not the original CVH lineup?

SFTU with stupid ststements like this already. :rolleyes:

Most, a majority, etc is fine if that's what you think.

But don't speak for all of us, Mkay?

Oh my, aren't we the sensitive one?

For the record, I WASN'T "speaking for all of us" Mkay? :rolleyes:

I'm just sayin' some of you'll find a reason to cry and whine about anything regarding this tour.

Seriously, don't go to the show, like I give a fuck?

When you're finished being a hypocrite, i.e.
"NOBODY is going to give a shit if it's not the original CVH lineup?" - Kippy

please let me know and don't speak for me either. :mad:

Now, go back to acting like Icon's parrot with the "That is all" Mkay?

Twerp. :p

MAX
02-03-2007, 12:33 AM

Fark off.

I understand YOUR needing any excuse to get out of the house, but don't blame those of us with a shred of self worth who won't waste time seeing another version of VH.

Same to you Kippy and kindly go fuck yourself while you're at it. :)

MAX
02-03-2007, 12:37 AM

I'm not "telling you what kind of fan" you are and save the age crap... :rolleyes:

So you're closer to collecting social security checks than I am?

Seriously and again, I don't give a fuck if thou protests too much.

All I'm sayin' is this endless Anthony crying on a Roth site is mindboggling.

FORD
02-03-2007, 12:48 AM

Or at least remember to unplug the odometer.......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JofU3rAZv-4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JofU3rAZv-4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

FORD
02-03-2007, 12:50 AM
and we all know what happens when you try to run the odometer backwards.....but tragically that clip was no where to be found :(

jgdrag
02-03-2007, 12:57 AM
Buller!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrownSound1
02-03-2007, 01:05 AM
I can't believe after the countless threads I've seen on this site of people TRASHING Michael Anthony for playing with Hagar, that there are people who are really boycotting these shows. What a bunch of bullshit. To see Ed and Dave onstage...and let's be honest here, they WERE the core of that band, I don't know how you say no to that. No it isn't a true VH reunion, but geezus you have the parts everyone paid attention to. I can't think of a time that I ever marvelled over anything Michael Anthony did. I just don't get it with you folks. Treat it like a Dave solo show with special guests Ed and Al for chrissakes. I guarantee you that every fucking one of you would have gone to see that if you thought there was a chance it would happen.

It ain't Van Halen, but it is close e-goddamn-nuff. I mean sure, I'd love to see MA up there, but he kind of made his own bed with EVH and Al.

rustoffa
02-03-2007, 01:08 AM
I guess I'll wait and see before judging.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uw6K4y_nOz0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uw6K4y_nOz0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

diamondsgirl
02-03-2007, 02:55 PM

Quit our collective whining?

Fark off.

LOL. So now those of us who are going have no shred of self worth?? Nice. :rolleyes:

You mean there is a "point" to going to a show? Other than having your ass entertained??

I don't consider catching a Roth show as a waste of time.

diamondsgirl
02-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
I can't believe after the countless threads I've seen on this site of people TRASHING Michael Anthony for playing with Hagar, that there are people who are really boycotting these shows. What a bunch of bullshit. To see Ed and Dave onstage...and let's be honest here, they WERE the core of that band, I don't know how you say no to that. No it isn't a true VH reunion, but geezus you have the parts everyone paid attention to. I can't think of a time that I ever marvelled over anything Michael Anthony did. I just don't get it with you folks. Treat it like a Dave solo show with special guests Ed and Al for chrissakes. I guarantee you that every fucking one of you would have gone to see that if you thought there was a chance it would happen.

It ain't Van Halen, but it is close e-goddamn-nuff. I mean sure, I'd love to see MA up there, but he kind of made his own bed with EVH and Al.

Excellent post. :)

Rikk
02-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
LOL. So now those of us who are going have no shred of self worth?? Nice. :rolleyes:

OK...why are you fighting with LOUNGE now?

diamondsgirl
02-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
OK...why are you fighting with LOUNGE now?

I disagree with him. Whats it to you?

hideyoursheep
02-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by MAX
I'm not "telling you what kind of fan" you are and save the age crap... :rolleyes:

So you're closer to collecting social security checks than I am?

Seriously and again, I don't give a fuck if thou protests too much.

All I'm sayin' is this endless Anthony crying on a Roth site is mindboggling.

When you suggest seeing the other half as an alternative to taking VH version.4.1, you're hinting that's what I want.

Sorry you didn't get CVH;I did and I'm good with it. This ain't it-truth be told nobody knows what this really is besides Dave doing 40 shows.
And given the sisters track record,what else could it be?

You'll get your disability SSI before me-I live too dangerously to last that long.:D

Out.

mott98
02-03-2007, 04:03 PM
This whole Mikey thing is not necessarily about it being so important that he is there -- it's just that Mike's absence confirms everyone's worst fears about what is going on. Its hard to be excited about this tour when we now know that Eddie is pulling his same old psycho shit and pulling the fans chains again.

Everyone wanted to see Van Halen come back as a viable band with something to say and something to prove. CVH, loud and proud, to reclaim their spot at the top AND with a future.

Instead, we are getting Ed & Al with an agenda. Needing money, putting over Eddie's kid, wanting the adulation. And Dave is only there because that is the only way they are going to get all of that.

So they aren't back at all. It's just another desperate Eddie mind-fuck for the fans.

They have not been able to settle up with Dave for over 20 years. They have even tried harder than ever since 1998 and still can't do it.

So no, CVH is not on tour this summer. Just 2 camps that still hate each other's guts, with a fat kid getting a break from his famous father.

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by mott98
This whole Mikey thing is not necessarily about it being so important that he is there -- it's just that Mike's absence confirms everyone's worst fears about what is going on. Its hard to be excited about this tour when we now know that Eddie is pulling his same old psycho shit and pulling the fans chains again.

Which is EXACTLY what I've been saying all along.

spED is playing people in here for CHUMPS, and they're lapping it up.

P.T. Barnum was right.

Dave's motives are unknown to everyone but Dave.

I couldn't care less if people in here want to go see Fleece The Sheep V.4.1

But after 25 years, and enough spED mindfuck to fill Wembley, I'll just sit back and read the reviews unless a TRUE reunion is offered.

hideyoursheep
02-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Everyone wanted to see Van Halen come back as a viable band with something to say and something to prove. CVH, loud and proud, to reclaim their spot at the top AND with a future.

Instead, we are getting Ed & Al with an agenda. Needing money, putting over Eddie's kid, wanting the adulation. And Dave is only there because that is the only way they are going to get all of that.

So they aren't back at all. It's just another desperate Eddie mind-fuck for the fans.

They have not been able to settle up with Dave for over 20 years. They have even tried harder than ever since 1998 and still can't do it.

So no, CVH is not on tour this summer. Just 2 camps that still hate each other's guts, with a fat kid getting a break from his famous father.

BINGO!!!!

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 04:19 PM

Is your name Max?

I even CAPITALIZED the damn word YOUR so he knew I was talking to him.

I'm sorry that went over your head.

I was speaking to Max. When I want to comment on YOUR issues you'll know.

VHrocks
02-03-2007, 04:23 PM

Good post, and very logical. With Mikey out of the picture, that means more money for the Van Halen estate. Eddie figures, why should I shell out the money for Wolfie's pizza binges, the endless seafood buffets, a Krispy Kreme franchise, Ipods, cell phones, designer jeans, when Wolfie could get a gig in Van Halen and pay his own way at Mikey's expense? Eddie knows that Spammy wouldn't allow Mike to be cut out of the picture, so he chose Dave to sing on this year's money-grubbing venture dubbed a "Van Halen tour".

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 04:25 PM

Treat it like a Dave solo show with special guests Ed and Al for chrissakes.

The day it's BILLED as that, I'm there with bells on :D

It ain't Van Halen, but it is close e-goddamn-nuff. I mean sure, I'd love to see MA up there, but he kind of made his own bed with EVH
and Al.

Close enough? spEDCO has been doling out "Close enough" for 20 years now,,,,,,,,,fuck close enough

And FUCK this whole "MiA made his bed" bullshit.

All MiA did was keep playing music while spED pissed away 20 years. What the fuck was he supposed to do? Wait by the phone for mindfuck ed to tell him it's okay to come out and play?

Horseshit.

The sisters made the bed.

This is spED's control freak ego run amok..........AGAIN

Like I said, I've seen CVH in their prime many times, and Dave in his prime solo many times.

I won't see this trainwreck out of principle, but I can't wait for the reviews. :D

DOA
02-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Let me start by saying that DAVE IS BACK. we got Dave back in the band. That being said, it is not that Mikes bass playing is extraordinary, but he does play in a pivotal roll in the unique sound of Van Halen. His harmonies are incredible and do lend its hand to their sound. And it would be great to see the four of them reunite. But guess what, Mike played without Dave all those years and now its Daves turn to shine. Who knows, maybe Wolfie got a set of lungs on him too. I know for sure that where ever the first date is, I will be there. It has been rumored from Vegas to North Carolina. Just Let Me Know.
Hope to meet a few of you guys there. And if not then when They make it to Florida, I hope to see some of you down here.

Rikk
02-03-2007, 05:16 PM
I disagree with him. Whats it to you?

Just that I can't understand yet another fight. LOUNGE is a good guy. WTF?

Rikk
02-03-2007, 05:20 PM

I ain't boycotting the tour...I'm just saying that once again, Van Halen has ruined a good thing. There is no reason that a young kid is playing with the greatest live band in history except for Ed's ridiculous ego.

I was excited beyond belief 10 years ago...because I thought Ed was sober and it was going to be the whole band. This is like a consolation prize. And while I won't boycott the tour, I think it's bullshit.

It isn't about Anthony, per se. It's about having the original band, with the original sound. And that bass playing and those backgrounds are an important part of the sound. I'd love to see Wolfgang carry a song like OUTTA LOVE AGAIN, a song that is driven more by Anthony than almost any in their catalogue.

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Just that I can't understand yet another fight. LOUNGE is a good guy. WTF?

I'm going to assume that she's prone to fights, Rikk? :confused:

I can't honestly say I remember a single post of her's.

Perhaps she was just sticking up for Maxi. ;)

I wish I could summon the urge to care, but alas....

Now that damn BrownStain is a whole nuther matter :D

He and are swinging purses at 15 paces at midnight.

Rikk
02-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Is your name Max?

Why the fuck is she getting so mad with you?

This is debate...not the fucking FAB wars again.

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 05:26 PM
I ain't boycotting the tour...I'm just saying that once again, Van Halen has ruined a good thing. There is no reason that a young kid is playing with the greatest live band in history except for Ed's ridiculous ego.

See, now here's 12 threads, 1,280 posts, and 44,986 views boiled down to 1 paragraph. :cool:

Anyone who can't see what spED is doing is obviously clueless, been living in a cave for 25 years, or hopelessly naive.

If Wolfie had been asked to replace The Ox on the last Who tour everyone would be screaming bloody murder.

One reason I still think this whole thing is a set-up is VALERIE.

I don't believe for ONE moment mommy dearest would let young Wolfgang tour with spED, uncle freaky, Dave, and the porn queen of the trailer parks.

Rikk
02-03-2007, 05:26 PM

MAX is one of my best friends on this site, but I've fought with him a few times because DG has escalated things when she wasn't addressed. I don't get it.

Now that damn BrownStain is a whole nuther matter :D

He and are swinging purses at 15 paces at midnight.

Yeah, goddamn Brownstain. If he weren't such a nice guy, I'd also challenge him to a war of weak swear words and beer-spitting...

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 05:27 PM

LMAO

I hit a nerve with the "self worth" line.

She's probably throwing up lunch as we speak. :D

Rikk
02-03-2007, 05:32 PM
See, now here's 12 threads, 1,280 posts, and 44,986 views boiled down to 1 paragraph. :cool:

Yep. And it amazes me that people can't see why some of us aren't welcoming the drunk half-tongue back with open arms. After 11 years of mindfucks, lies and comments like "unplug the computer if the fans are unhappy", no fucking way would some of us cheer for anything less than the original line-up, an apology for being out of the spotlight for so long...and the promise of anything less than some long-term Van Halen ass-kicking...with the original band, a new album, a tour with a DVD, an archive release (maybe a box set of unreleased Dave-era studio stuff)...

But I will NOT cheer hip-fucking-hooray for a 40-date tour with ridiculous prices and no promise of a future from a band that is slowly turning into the Partridge Family. Wolfgang Van Halen deserves to be on that stage no more than fucking John Stamos or Barry Manilow.

1) Wolfgang is there only for Ed's ego.
2) Dave is only there so that anyone will notice.

If some of you aren't at least a bit skeptical, then the only real thing you've been actually thinking the last 22 years is: "Dave good, Sammy bad." Van Halen was a band.

Rikk
02-03-2007, 05:33 PM

Man, I wish I could feel like that. Nobody's hit a nerve or affected me emotionally at this site for a long, long time...

...sort of like Van Halen.

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Exactly.

Here's the announcement that should have been made.

Following in the wake of our Hall of Fame induction, the original 4 members of Van Halen will be recording a new album, to be released in the fall of 2007, with a spring/summer 2008 WORLD tour to follow.

Our FANS are the sole reason for this, and we don't want to try and smoke a fastball by them with some remastered greatest hits bullshit, or half ass tour with my 15 year old kid.

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Man, I wish I could feel like that. Nobody's hit a nerve or affected me emotionally at this site for a long, long time...

You throw like a girl.

There. :cool:

Rikk
02-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Exactly.

Here's the announcement that should have been made.

Following in the wake of our Hall of Fame induction, the original 4 members of Van Halen will be recording a new album, to be released in the fall of 2007, with a spring/summer 2008 WORLD tour to follow.

Our FANS are the sole reason for this, and we don't want to try and smoke a fastball by them with some remastered greatest hits bullshit, or half ass tour with my 15 year old kid.

See, I would be all over that. THAT would be a return from 11 years of garbage (or should I say 22?). It's not disloyalty to Dave as a few pinheads have tried to claim...it's continuing loyalty to the band that was Van Halen.

Rikk
02-03-2007, 05:44 PM
You throw like a girl.

There. :cool:

Kip's hair isn't as tall as it once was.

See? I'm trying too. :gulp:

BrownSound1
02-03-2007, 05:57 PM
The day it's BILLED as that, I'm there with bells on :D

Close enough? spEDCO has been doling out "Close enough" for 20 years now,,,,,,,,,fuck close enough

And FUCK this whole "MiA made his bed" bullshit.

All MiA did was keep playing music while spED pissed away 20 years. What the fuck was he supposed to do? Wait by the phone for mindfuck ed to tell him it's okay to come out and play?

Horseshit.

The sisters made the bed.

This is spED's control freak ego run amok..........AGAIN

Like I said, I've seen CVH in their prime many times, and Dave in his prime solo many times.

I won't see this trainwreck out of principle, but I can't wait for the reviews. :D

Well fuck this other bullshit too. It is Dave's choice to do this, no one put a gun to his head...no one is forcing him. Dave knows that he and Eddie are the goods in VH. Should this thing be called VH? No, but you can't really believe they were going to call it anything BUT that. It is closer to Van Halen than anything has been in the past 20 years, with the exception of the '96 stuff. I'm about supporting DLR, and there's no way I'm boycotting this over who the goddamn bassist is. I'm seeing this BECAUSE of principle...because I'm a fan of Dave.

You people are crazy if you think MA contributed 25%. Come on, you know who really wrote the music and lyrics to these tunes.

WARF
02-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Amen!

diamondsgirl
02-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Is your name Max?

Nothing went over my head. I used a process of reasoning called deduction. You referred to "those of us with a shred of self worth who won't waste time seeing another version of VH". What does that say about those of us who will go?

I saw where you capped "YOUR" and that was in reference to Max needing an excuse to leave HIS house. I felt you were insulting anyone who is going to the show, and with good reason. And I disagreed. Big fucking deal.

And I clearly never started a fight with you. I have disagreed with you before and it was never a problem. It doesn't mean I don't think you're a good guy. Thats just dumb. Where the fuck did THAT come from?

diamondsgirl
02-03-2007, 06:09 PM

who got so mad? you are way off.

I disagreed with him. That happens here, in case you have forgotten. Stop trying to turn this into anything it isn't. Seriously.

diamondsgirl
02-03-2007, 06:11 PM
LMAO

She's probably throwing up lunch as we speak. :D

Again...you're way off.

diamondsgirl
02-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Well fuck this other bullshit too. It is Dave's choice to do this, no one put a gun to his head...no one is forcing him. Dave knows that he and Eddie are the goods in VH. Should this thing be called VH? No, but you can't really believe they were going to call it anything BUT that. It is closer to Van Halen than anything has been in the past 20 years, with the exception of the '96 stuff. I'm about supporting DLR, and there's no way I'm boycotting this over who the goddamn bassist is. I'm seeing this BECAUSE of principle...because I'm a fan of Dave.

You people are crazy if you think MA contributed 25%. Come on, you know who really wrote the music and lyrics to these tunes.

This is exactly what I am saying.

People say this isn't Van Halen and I agree that the only Van Halen is the original Van Halen. But, I also feel that now that it has been called Van Halen with out Dave since 1985, it would be a HUGE slap in his face to change the name now.

ThrillsNSpills
02-03-2007, 06:21 PM
4 out of 5 dentists recommend Trident sugarless gum for their patients that chew gum.

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 06:33 PM

Having made the mistake of letting Dave out of my sight for a moment, I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of any gun to his head.

And I've been beating THAT drum ,too.

I keep assuming that if Dave did indeed sign on for this, then he obviously thinks it''s worth it.

And it aint rocket surgery to deduce he must know more than the press.

I still call bullshit on the whole Wolfie Smokescreen. Ed's last ego pump before bowing before the media Dave-O-Thon?

perhaps.

And yes, IT SHOULD BE LAW that only the original 4 go by the moniker, but we all know WHO owns THAT trade mark. ;)

Different sides of the same coin, you and me.

We BOTH feel it's not CVH, and less than owed by edCO.

We Both feel those who want to go, by all means should go.

I'm not calling for some Grapes of Wrath BOYCOTT of ther circus, hell if no one went, who's reviews would I mock and ridicule?

:D

I just HATE the thought of after all this time, all this drama, all this Hagar, all this BULLSHIT......we've come to the edge, and looked down..........

and there's Ed's 15 year old kid standing between us and CVH

As Lars put it so brilliantly in Some Kind of Monster:

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKK

That is all. ;)

Remember bitch, it's hand bags at midnight.

Oh, it's on. :gulp:

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Again...you're way off.

It was a joke, hence the " :D "

MAX
02-03-2007, 06:37 PM

PERFECT!!! :killer:

DLRdelight!
02-03-2007, 06:45 PM
simply because we the fans deserve the original line up. not a half assed one like others have mentioned. i mean can you really swolfgang playing girl gone bad????

WARF
02-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Sometimes I wonder if it's really LoungeMachine posting, or if it's one of Raoul Dukes' drug induced psychadelic escapades.

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by WARF
Sometimes I wonder if it's really LoungeMachine posting, or if it's one of Raoul Dukes' drug induced psychadelic escapades.

:D

It's all Gonzo, baby. ;)

I know you're disappointed in me WARF, but I still love you.

In a totaly non sexual, homophobic, never-even-seen-Brokeback-Mountain sort of way.

Dan
02-03-2007, 07:20 PM
There's So much Love in This Thread.:)

hideyoursheep
02-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Dan
There's So much Love in This Thread.:) :ky: :ky: :ky: :ky: :ky: :ky: :ky: :ky: :ky: :ky: :ky: :ky: :ky: :sex:

Break out the jams!

And the jellies....

And the foams....

And the creams....

MAGNUMS FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!!:splooge:

Eyes of the Night
02-03-2007, 07:36 PM
wella, for staters *my* reason for wanting MA back in VH are his back up vocals ... I guess though Wolfgang can sing like a motherfucker as well ... we shall see ...

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 07:38 PM
My main reason why I want MiA in the band?

Because spED doesn't.

And that's good enough for me.

diamondsgirl
02-03-2007, 08:11 PM
It was a joke, hence the " :D "

grate :)

vhrothfan
02-03-2007, 08:21 PM
We don't deserve the right to see the original VH. Seeing that would be a privilege. Seeing Dave and Ed on stage again will be a privilege to see. But its a privilege,not a right.

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by vhrothfan
We don't deserve the right to see the original VH. Seeing that would be a privilege.

Spoken like someone whose life revolves around getting his TV privledges revoked for running in the halls and hiding your neighbor's Depends.

Hey Mikey, what's on the menu tonight? Bingo, or a Golden Girls Marathon?

Heard there's pudding later.

hideyoursheep
02-03-2007, 08:27 PM
What time is lights out in the day room at Herpe Haven?

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 08:29 PM
It's Saturday.

Damn the torpedoes, we stay up 'til 9.

Go granny, it's your birthday.

Shit, another one just croaked.

There goes Mahjong tonight.

vhrothfan
02-03-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm a little midget and I have no career.

It will be ok little Arnold.

vhrothfan
02-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Grow up.

vhrothfan
02-03-2007, 08:32 PM
You losers have no idea how many young people live here.

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 08:33 PM
It will be ok little Arnold.

No fair.

You studied comedy in school, huh.

When you do your stand up for the blue hairs, do they laugh out loud, or just wheeze heavily?

vhrothfan
02-03-2007, 08:34 PM
You losers gossip more than junior high school girls

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 08:34 PM

It was funnier when you posted "habe"

Yes, I'm sure you and Rain Man tear it up.

hideyoursheep
02-03-2007, 08:39 PM

Too bad you're not one of 'em.

Bert.

hideyoursheep
02-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Grow up.

Clean up.

And stay away from the critters, Doctor Doolittle.

vhrothfan
02-03-2007, 08:45 PM
It was funnier when you posted "habe"

Yes, I'm sure you and Rain Man tear it up.

I see you are really tearing it up on a Saturday evening posting retarded shit on a David Lee Roth forum.

ThrillsNSpills
02-03-2007, 08:47 PM
I see you are really tearing it up on a Saturday evening posting retarded shit on a David Lee Roth forum.

what like "Ringo Anthony"?

vhrothfan
02-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Ringo Anthony is somewhere contemplating what he's going to do with his career now. The Other Half or a VH tribute band.

LoungeMachine
02-03-2007, 08:52 PM

It's 6pm here.

My evening starts in about 4 hours.

Right about the time of your last med delivery. :D

ThrillsNSpills
02-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Ringo Anthony is somewhere contemplating what he's going to do with his career now. The Other Half or a VH tribute band.

Ok, because Ringo has done those projects too, huh?
Thanks for clearing that up.

vhrothfan
02-03-2007, 08:55 PM
No problem.

hideyoursheep
02-03-2007, 08:59 PM
It's 6pm here.
My evening starts in about 4 hours.
Right about the time of your last med delivery. :D

Aren't all the good ones online @ HotLeper.com right about now?

Change your sappy drawers and get over there pronto!

hideyoursheep
02-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Ringo Anthony is my trademark.I'm contemplating posting this as a career now. The Other Half of my weenkie is missing.

vhrothfan
02-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Someone please give this little midget a job. He has security guard experience.

BITEYOASS
02-03-2007, 09:35 PM
You know I was pissed that Michael Anthony isn't in the lineup. But once I realized that they had a bass player before him on the 1973 cherokee demos, I'm not as pensive.

vhrothfan
02-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
You know I was pissed that Michael Anthony isn't in the lineup. But once I realized that they had a bass player before him on the 1973 cherokee demos, I'm not as pensive.

Mike Stone,the original VH bass player.

Rikk
02-03-2007, 10:28 PM
My main reason why I want MiA in the band?

Because spED doesn't.

And that's good enough for me.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Anything to keep that egotistical fuck-up from being happy.

Fuck him and his stupid fat son.

Rikk
02-03-2007, 10:29 PM
you are way off.

Again...you're way off.

I really don't care.

Rikk
02-03-2007, 10:31 PM

And you're...you're...

Why are you here anyway?

I have an excuse for being here tonight...I'm staying with my folks, three hours from home. What else is there to do but talk to fucknuts like you?

But why are YOU here?;)

MAX
02-03-2007, 11:09 PM
When you suggest seeing the other half as an alternative to taking VH version.4.1, you're hinting that's what I want.

It was called sarcasm and me being fresh, get it now? :)

Sorry you didn't get CVH;I did and I'm good with it. This ain't it-truth be told nobody knows what this really is besides Dave doing 40 shows.
And given the sisters track record,what else could it be?

Once again, that's your opinion... That being said, it doesn't make it gospel.

You'll get your disability SSI before me-I live too dangerously to last that long.:D

Out.

Good for you and whoopidy doo Ghost Rider... :rolleyes:

Diff'rent strokes for different folks, no big deal to me. ;)

Rikk
02-03-2007, 11:12 PM
See, now you've got people actually fighting over whether this tour is worth it or not.

And I'm fine with that...brings up the drama level, and we all know that I love drama.

But seriously, folks...whether or not Eddie is a cunt and this tour is bullshit shouldn't be a fighting matter. We all love Dave, but may not all see this tour as a worthwhile situation.

For some of us, we wanted the ultimate return of Van Halen as the only thing that could bring up our moods with this band. Any compromise ruins any potential the real thing could have had one day.

MAX
02-03-2007, 11:15 PM

Perhaps she was just sticking up for Maxi. ;)

I wish I could summon the urge to care, but alas....

Oh but Lounge, you obviously do care and I am surprised that you don't "remember" any posts, considering you seem to be logged on here 24/7.

Regardless, this bickering is absolutely pointless among members here. We should save that shit for the sheep.

Oh, if she was infact "sticking up for" myself, well aren't I the lucky one? Can't think of a better person to do so. :D :cool:

Dan
02-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Save it for The Sheep.

Got a New Freezer to put them in.:)

Rikk
02-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Oh but Lounge, you obviously do care and I am surprised that you don't "remember" any posts, considering you seem to be logged on here 24/7.

Regardless, this bickering is absolutely pointless among members here. We should save that shit for the sheep.

Oh, if she was infact "sticking up for" myself, well aren't I the lucky one? Can't think of a better person to do so. :D :cool:

No offense, MAX...you're my very good friend and you know that.

But this woman has started more fights for you than you've ever needed...all in the name of "sticking up" for you. Hell, you and I have fought more than once because she was "sticking up" for you.

LOUNGE is one of the biggest class acts here, he ain't here "24/7" as you say...and even if he were...who gives a fuck?

You're right, though...save it for the sheep.

MAX
02-03-2007, 11:23 PM
What a crock of loose SHIT :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Quite possibly the stupidist, most inane bunch of steaming garbage I've read on this subject yet.

Change your pad, Maxi.

It's all about Dave?

No, moron.

It's not.

There, I said it.

And a big sloppy FUCK OFF to you to tell us to keep our "whining" to ourselves about trying to keep the CVH lineup in tact.

See, Maxi, some of us care about quality.

K Pally,

I've tried being civil here. Unfortunately or fortunately we don't share the same opinions. Regardless, it doesn't make either one of us right or wrong.

However, it's YOU who's now resorted to the namecalling and insults and that's fucking FINE with me!!! :)

You can sit, bitch, moan, stew and be as fucking miserable as you want. More fucking power to you.

I'll go see Dave and enjoy myself cos the man as an entertainer has yet to let me down in a live setting and why would this be any fucking different? Because you say so? LMAO!!!

Have a nice day. :)

hideyoursheep
02-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Once again, that's your opinion... That being said, it doesn't make it gospel.

Thou Shalt Not Be Suckered By Edward Van Halen

There, now it's gospel.

Yeah, It's my opinion.This website is filled with them.

And it's based on what's been done since 85.

When did I force you to agree with it?

Your sarcasm is hard to read.

Out.

Rikk
02-03-2007, 11:27 PM
We all have opinions. LOUNGE, ICON, FORD, BRETT, POJO, HIDEYOURSHEEP, myself and many others have said an opinion that not all agree with...that this tour is a fucking compromise and that Eddie Van Halen is a piece of shit.

That does not mean any of us would bitch at others for seeing the tour. In fact, some of us have even said we may go anyway. That doesn't mean we don't have a right to bitch...and it sure as shit doesn't mean we don't want those that will definitely be there to have a good time.

MAX
02-03-2007, 11:29 PM

But this woman has started more fights for you than you've ever needed...all in the name of "sticking up" for you. Hell, you and I have fought more than once because she was "sticking up" for you.

LOUNGE is one of the biggest class acts here, he ain't here "24/7" as you say...and even if he were...who gives a fuck?

Oh horseshit that DG's started fights all the fights on here.

Fucking Lounge is the one who started calling both anyone and everyone who disagrees with him (regarding the tour) morons and what have you.

Seriously, count me out of the "drama" if this comes down to personal attacks regarding DG on here. I don't see where she did one thing wrong and I'll hapilly go to bat for her anyday of the week. :)

Regardless, this is all irrealevant and needs to be saved for the likes of that cunt vhrothfan or what have you.

Lounge can have another comeback and last word by calling me a cunt or whatever but this is dumb.

Now onto greener pastures...

I say they sell t-shirts with Hagar's ugly mug and that red circle and slash going through it and sell it at The HOF as the "Official" No Bozos shirt. :cool:

MAX
02-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Thou Shalt Not Be Suckered By Edward Van Halen

There, now it's gospel.

Yeah, It's my opinion.This website is filled with them.

And it's based on what's been done since 85.

When did I force you to agree with it?

Your sarcasm is hard to read.

Out.

Dude, it was obviously a misundrstanding on my part and I meant no harm nor foul.

We're all Dave fans at the end of the day so let's just leave it at that? :cool:

Rikk
02-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Fucking Lounge...

Dude, get a hold of yourself. Seriously...you get rabid if anybody says the wrong thing to her or if she suggests to you that anyone (myself included) is an asshole.

You're right...no drama is necessary.

As for t-shirts with Hagar's mug, I'm sure fatty could sue 'em since he's probably trademarked his beautiful face.

In fact, I was sued for putting on my own webspace without permission...

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/personalidades/atores/bette-midler/bette-midler01.jpg

hideyoursheep
02-03-2007, 11:34 PM
.......You know I still love ya.

MAX
02-03-2007, 11:36 PM

Back at you. :)

Now, let's all get back to doing what we do best which is making fun of Sammy Hagar and praising Dave!!!

Rikk
02-03-2007, 11:37 PM

Isn't that a Van Cherone song??

Dan
02-03-2007, 11:38 PM
And sending The Sheep to The Sheep Pen.:)

hideyoursheep
02-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Isn't that a Van Cherone song??

How would I know?

I've never seen or heard Survivor

conmee
02-04-2007, 02:19 AM
I don't know if I'll call this a disagreement, but I think it's the first time in SEVEN years that Brownsound and I don't quite see eye to eye, sort of... lol

There are a couple different dimensions to this whole reunion which affect how I feel about it.

And let me add the disclaimer that I'm not so appalled that I'm "boycotting" or trying to convince people not to go... even if I don't go. lol

Ok..

1) Primary for me was a FULL REUNION.... 1996 confirmed for me that the magic was still there, not just to run through a set of oldies, but to crank out some new material. I was stoked, I was ready... then... EDDIE DID IT!! The fax heared 'round the world... Edward lost his marbles and things haven't been the same since. But, again, for me I have been holding out for a full reunion because IT CAN STILL HAPPEN! No one is dead, hell can freeze over, and they can all get on stage together. That's part of the frustration.

2) DLR and Edward were 99% of the creative force, .75% for Alex and .25% for MA. Agree 100% that these guys are really what it's all about, from a purely mathematical standpoint. But, all four together brings to the party something that any combination other than the original can't. And it's not just backing vocals. In this sense I agree with Brownsound, consider this DLR with special guests, the Van Halens as his backing band.

3) The fact that since 1996 (and beyond) the fans have had hopes raised and dashed by Edward. Sure I've taken it a little personal. But not so much so that it runs my life or I'm even in the Top 1000 posters at any DLR/VH site. But I know enough when it's a pure money grab and Edward is playing on the anticipation and emotion of the fanbase. That really doesn't sit well with me... enough so that I really don't have a strong desire to see this lineup. Do I still recall the magic of DLR and Edward on stage? Certainly! But as I've said before, even though no one is holding a gun to DLR's head, something's rotten about this whole thing. Doesn't seem to be on DLR's terms at all. It's not just the selection of Wolfie, but the underwhelming press release, the conspicuous lack of marketing and full blown in your face doin' it right firing up the fan base. Seems more like just another bad idea that Edward has to fuel and stoke his ego, insecurities, etc, by including his son.

4) If 3/4ths were serious about this, they would have brought in Billy Sheehan or a professional of VH-caliber and if not recorded a new album before touring, would at least hint at something new, depending on the success of the tour. It's not that I'm anti-Wolfgang, but I would be at least 50% more psyched about this if legitimate and well-founded gripes about MA were mentioned by Edward and he said he'd replaced MA with a quality professional. Keep it business-like with a focus on delivering the best concert experience for the fans. Instead, he has all sorts of real and perceived slights from MA, and half the shit he complains about with MA, he's done himself. Edward has recycled/hired/fired so-called brothers for life as singers, pretty much lied/insulted/cut down everyone associated with the band at one point in time... whether it was bashing Templeman's production, any of the various band managers, singers, other musicians, the guy is psycho.

So at the end of the day, I don't disagree that DLR and Edward are the important parts. I won't even fault anyone for seeing the show or shows.

But for me, going to this show doesn't support DLR so much as it gives Edward the confidence to foist more manure on the fanbase. And the more successful the tour, the more convinced Edward will be that he knows best. I don't want to fuel that delusion or be an enabler for ongoing lunacy from Edward.

When I started out many many years ago searching for like souls with a love of all things Classic Van Halen and David Lee Roth, my dream was simply to see all four back together. Or a DLR solo record. I never ONCE even considered 3/4ths.

So that's it for me. I'm not boycotting anything, I'm just not going. I'm just as unsure that I want to see something that will in any way diminish my memories of the original. If Brownsound goes and tells me, "Icon, you fool, it was great! Don't worry about Wolfgang," maybe I'll consider going. But if it in any way sucks, I don't want a shitty tour to even share the same memory bank as the fond memories I have when they were kings.

That's all.

Carry on.

Icon.

diamondsgirl
02-04-2007, 02:19 PM

"This woman" isn't prone to fights and hasn't fought with anyone since YOU LEFT. I was not fighting with Lounge. YOU stuck your nose in and called it a fight. YOU even mentioned the F__ Wars. How fucking dumb is that? It was nothing like that at all. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

And I was NOT sticking up for Max, I was commenting on something that Lounge said that I thought had to do with anyone/everyone who is going to a show. So stop trying to stir shit where there isn't any.

And as for wanting drama...speak for yourself you fucking drama queen. I don't want it at all and you are clearly the one trying to create it here.

Rikk
02-04-2007, 02:25 PM
"This woman" isn't prone to fights and hasn't fought with anyone since YOU LEFT. I was not fighting with Lounge. YOU stuck your nose in and called it a fight. YOU even mentioned the F__ Wars. How fucking dumb is that? It was nothing like that at all. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

And I was NOT sticking up for Max, I was commenting on something that Lounge said that I thought had to do with anyone/everyone who is going to a show. So stop trying to stir shit where there isn't any.

And as for wanting drama...speak for yourself you fucking drama queen. I don't want it at all and you are clearly the one trying to create it here.

I really don't care.

diamondsgirl
02-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by conmee

But if it in any way sucks, I don't want a shitty tour to even share the same memory bank as the fond memories I have when they were kings.

That's all.

Carry on.

Icon.

Good point. A risk I'm willing to take, and maybe foolishly, but I totally understand where you're coming from.

Hopefully, Brownsound will report back with good news and we can talk about the show first hand.

:cheers:

diamondsgirl
02-04-2007, 02:28 PM
I really don't care.

then shut the fuck up and butt the fuck out. K?

Rikk
02-04-2007, 02:33 PM
then shut the fuck up and butt the fuck out. K?

MAX is my friend. LOUNGE is my friend.

I don't care your reasons, or your opinions, or what's unnameable around here...or who's been doing what to MAX or whatever.

Don't tell me to shut the fuck up, woman. I listen only to friends...and I back 'em up.

Rikk
02-04-2007, 02:35 PM
How would I know?

I've never seen or heard Survivor

What a winner.

http://www.decosteonline.com/images/media/cherone1.jpg

diamondsgirl
02-04-2007, 02:47 PM
MAX is my friend. LOUNGE is my friend.

I don't care your reasons, or your opinions, or what's unnameable around here...or who's been doing what to MAX or whatever.

Don't tell me to shut the fuck up, woman. I listen only to friends...and I back 'em up.

sounds like something out of Days of Our Lives :rolleyes:

can we get back to talking about DLR now? I'm not sure if you've heard, but he's about to go on tour with EVH. :D

Rikk
02-04-2007, 03:24 PM
sounds like something out of Days of Our Lives :rolleyes:

THIS is the best soap opera in existence...
http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/D/htmlD/dallas/dallasIMAGE/dallas.jpg

Anyway, soap operas usually involve relationships..and...

can we get back to talking about DLR now?

Oh, you're done protecting VH fans from LOUNGE? Cool.

I'm not sure if you've heard, but he's about to go on tour with EVH.

Yeah...I kinda picked up on that.

http://www.apostropher.com/blog/img/scaryeddie.jpg

diamondsgirl
02-04-2007, 03:34 PM
THIS is the best soap opera in existence...
http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/D/htmlD/dallas/dallasIMAGE/dallas.jpg

agreed

Anyway, soap operas usually involve relationships .

agreed :D

Oh, you're done protecting VH fans from LOUNGE? Cool.

wasn't protecting anyone or fighting anyone, just disagreeing with something he said

Yeah...I kinda picked up on that.

http://www.apostropher.com/blog/img/scaryeddie.jpg

he's an ugly mugga fugga :D

LoungeMachine
02-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Oh my Gawd....

Can we all put our ovaries in check, grab a juice box, and chillthefuckout?

Max and you are on one side of the fence....

Rikk and I are on the other side of the fence.....

And Dave is trying to light the fence on fire......

diamondsgirl
02-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Oh my Gawd....

theres lots of people on each side of the fence throwing shit back and forth.... not a big deal at all

Rikk
02-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Oh my Gawd....

Abso-fucking-lutely, my friend.

First off, here's a drink or two...

:guzzle: :guzzle:

To David Lee Roth...the toastmaster general.
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/60/180px-Davidleeroth2.jpg

Rikk
02-04-2007, 11:07 PM
theres lots of people on each side of the fence throwing shit back and forth.... not a big deal at all

Yeah, but most do it without fighting.;)

Although, ICON and WARF looked like they were going to offer eachother uncalled-for-remarks at one point...:p

shaggydoo
02-04-2007, 11:36 PM
This whole thing's one big smokescreen anyway, coz aint no way Deadwood is gonna hold it together and not melt down! Mike's in... as backup Bass player. Wolfie is in... as backup Guitar player. Deadwood is in... the backstage area, beginning writing his 31st album of solo Tuba concertos.

bangus_young
02-12-2007, 08:53 AM
If you remember Van Halen wanted to fire Mike back in the early 80's and hire Billy Sheehan... Mike is just a bass player... His bass lines in CVH songs are cheesy and simplistic that a 15 yr old kid can play them. And your about to see a tour with a 15 yr old kid playing them! Mike's bass solo's were steaming piles of dog shit... They were noise that were coming from some cheap ass effects pedals. There was no cool riffing or anything, he was just pounding and jumping on the bass. Van Halen is Eddie and Dave. Nothing more needs to be said. And I believe that a 15 yr old kid would have no trouble singing his backup vocals. Michael sang falsetto 99.9% of the time... Anybody can do that.

So, lets all get geared up for a monster Van Halen show with the only two original members back together that matter in the band. Dave and Ed.

DLR'sCock
02-12-2007, 09:01 AM
AS I have said I know why and have stated why Mike should be there, but I am soooooo excited about the prospect of David, Edward, and Alex steam rolling through "hopefullly" a deep cut set list that will burn a smile on my face for a month!!!!

Fucking Dave always delivers, and shite when the hell is the last time Ed and Alex ONLY performed the only tunes that mattered??? The six pack!!???!!?!???

Shite we way get Me Wise Magic and CGTSNM!!!!

Yes, and I want Mike there, and you never know, but I will enjoy as many shows as possible, I think that it will be electric!

bangus_young
02-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Let's hope they have a successful tour and hope they get along well enough to get back in the studio to write some new material together. How cool would that be to have a new record with Roth. And you know that would probably be one of the best selling records of all time.

Vinnie Velvet
02-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by DLR'sCock
AS I have said I know why and have stated why Mike should be there, but I am soooooo excited about the prospect of David, Edward, and Alex steam rolling through "hopefullly" a deep cut set list that will burn a smile on my face for a month!!!!

Fucking Dave always delivers, and shite when the hell is the last time Ed and Alex ONLY performed the only tunes that mattered??? The six pack!!???!!?!???

Shite we way get Me Wise Magic and CGTSNM!!!!

Yes, and I want Mike there, and you never know, but I will enjoy as many shows as possible, I think that it will be electric!

Yup, songs that were dead and buried with Van Hagar, resurrected somewhat but gayfield by Cherone in 1998, will be back and sung by THE VOICE of Van Halen, Mr. David Lee Roth.

binnie
02-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Yup, songs that were dead and buried with Van Hagar, resurrected somewhat but gayfield by Cherone in 1998, will be back and sung by THE VOICE of Van Halen, Mr. David Lee Roth.

Amen to that brother.

Those guys haven't played a lot of those songs properly for decades: the magic is bound to come back!

cwsmith17
02-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by VHrocks
Oh no, not another thread on Michael Anthony, right? Wrong. I think this may help some of you understand why some of us are so adamant about getting the original Classic Van Halen lineup on this year's upcoming tour.

Many people here have said, "You've finally got David Lee Roth in the lineup again - be happy and get over it!" I don't see it that way. Way back when the original Van Halen lineup was fractured when Dave left in 1985, a lot of hardcore Van Halen fans were pissed off when they brought in Sammy Hagar to replace Dave. Sammy was seen as an aftermarket part being installed on a classic car.

I believe that this analogy can be used with Michael Anthony also. When a guy starts looking for a classic Corvette, he usually wants to find one with all the original parts. Aftermarket parts tend to decrease the value for most buyers. Regardless if Wolfie is Eddie's son or Sammy is a good singer (which I realize is debatable around here), they are both "aftermarket parts" being installed on a classic vehicle.

:cool:

Michael Anthony is an amazing bassist and is part of Van Halen.
Fakking Period!!!

Atomic Dyver
02-12-2007, 12:00 PM
CVH = all 4 original memebers

VH mk Ib should do the classic justice.

Afterall CVH is drinkin music and Van Hagar is music to wretch by.

cwsmith17
02-12-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Atomic Dyver
CVH = all 4 original memebers

VH mk Ib should do the classic justice.

Afterall CVH is drinkin music and Van Hagar is music to wretch by.

Atomic, I couldn't agree with you more. I don't know why people have a hard time grasping this concept?

Atomic Dyver
02-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Its the waiting and years of shit from Van Gaygar that has made everyone insane. Now that Dave is back alot of people are introducing the ignorace is bliss theory to the equasion.

But deep down everyone knows this is not a CVH reunion.

Lets just hope VH mk Ib does the classics justice.