PDA

View Full Version : 2007 set list

Marcus
02-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Now that Dave is officially back and the tour is on, how should they handle the set list?

Like many others, I never had the chance to see Van Halen with Dave. So many awesome songs from that era. The 1984 tour set list was pretty awesome so maybe it shouldn't be altered much (or can't really).

I'd like to see them without an opening act and play as much as possible. An evening with Van Halen. How awesome would that be? Play some rare classics from Fair Warning and WACF.

jgdrag
02-02-2007, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the setlist, same as the compilation

01. Runnin' With The Devil
02. Eruption
03. You Really Got Me
04. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
05. Jamie's Cryin'
06. Dance The Night Away
07. Somebody Get Me A Doctor
08. Beatuiful Girls
09. And The Cradle Will Rock
10. Everybody Wants Some
11. Mean Street
12. Unchained
13. So This Is Love?
14. Where Have All The Good Times Gone
15. Oh, Pretty Woman
16. Dancing In The Street
17. Jump
18. Panama
19. Hot For Teacher

David Lee Rocks
02-02-2007, 10:27 PM
well Dave has got to play Ice Cream Man!! It would be a sin If he didnt

FORD
02-02-2007, 10:38 PM
They should be rehearsing the entire Six Pack, the 2 songs from 1996, and whatever they were recording in 2000-2001. Bring a couple of the old club days songs out of the attic. There must be something they didn't cannibalize later to make another song.

And they should play the shows Grateful Dead style. No, I don't mean drop a lot of acid, but if it gets Eddie to play better......

What I mean is, no premeditated set list. Just show up, plug in and play whatever the fuck feels right at the time. Tom Petty did this on a tour a few years back when he didn't have an album out, and I'd have to say it was the best of his shows I've ever seen. And since Van HALEN apparently isn't promoting an album this time either, then they have no reason not to mix it up a little and just play what fucking ever.

gburt_lagnaf
02-02-2007, 10:48 PM
At the very least, they could have a flexible setlist. For intance, when they get to the third song, it could either be Atomic Punk or Romeo Delight. And just do that all the way through the show.

David Lee Rocks
02-02-2007, 10:49 PM
yep, Aerosmith did that last year, lord of the thighs one night, mama kin another night, train kept a rollin another night, that was good!!

atomicpnk47
02-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by FORD
They should be rehearsing the entire Six Pack, the 2 songs from 1996, and whatever they were recording in 2000-2001. Bring a couple of the old club days songs out of the attic. There must be something they didn't cannibalize later to make another song.

And they should play the shows Grateful Dead style. No, I don't mean drop a lot of acid, but if it gets Eddie to play better......

What I mean is, no premeditated set list. Just show up, plug in and play whatever the fuck feels right at the time. Tom Petty did this on a tour a few years back when he didn't have an album out, and I'd have to say it was the best of his shows I've ever seen. And since Van HALEN apparently isn't promoting an album this time either, then they have no reason not to mix it up a little and just play what fucking ever.

Show up,plug in and play....What a concept!

Marcus
02-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Personally I can do without cover songs like Pretty Woman.

There's so much they can do to really make things interesting. Songs like Top Jimmy, Drop Dead Legs, Sinner's Swing, Secrets, Women In Love......MAN those are some real gems.

mean street tat
02-02-2007, 11:26 PM
how bout a new album hell we waited long enuff