PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen 2007

jgdrag
02-02-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm reading all these posts here at DLR Army ,and it's kind of a drag reading some of the members who are disappointed with the decisions Edward has made of recent. Yes, I'm talking the whole Wolfie/bass player thing. But this is not about Wolfie or bass player.

Sure most of us wanted the original 4 and still want the original 4, but it doesn't look like this will be the case. Sure some of us think this is a cash grab,me included, but it will be up to each of us on our own terms whether we accept the last possible reincarnation of what was once the Mighty Van Halen.

However, there are a few things that are good in today's news.

Spammy will not be part of Van Halen, and a good chance they will not play any van hagar garbage at the concerts.

Gary Shithead will not be part of Van Halen so no Extreme tunes will be played not that I personally ever went to a Van Halen concert after 1985 or know if they would play one but rest assured, it will not happen this time.

One of the greatest duos will again be together performing the songs that brought us here together to make friends and discuss our favourite band(sheep excluded)
The music will be played the way it was written and sound the way it was suppose to sound. Perhaps our support for the CVH music will show Edward that his and Dave's music was the one and only true Van Halen . Perhaps he will only take our cash and tell us to fuck-off again as he has done in the past or maybe not? This may be the last time we as fans will get a chance 23 years later to see some form of a reunion that we have waited for all those years.
I'm not asking anyone to make a choice on whether you want to support this version of Eddie's Van Halen, but, after this one, I cannot believe there will be anything closer to the original Mighty Van Halen, no matter who is running the show.
For those of you who do not support this version of Van Halen, hopefully you will stay home and give us the opportunity for better seating. After reding through the internet this evening, people all over the country are excited about this version of Van Halen and you really won't make a difference.
I have not drank the Van Halen(Edward) Killer Kool Aid nor am I an Edward sheep.
I do know one thing and that is, I will be kicking myself if this is the last and only opportunity to see these two creative genises together one last time. Besides, if this was your band, who would you want to play with? Who you wanted to or with who somebody else wanted you to play with? I have seen the Mighty Van Halen(1982) and know it will not be close to the same show as it was then. But, this is better than the last 22 years and maybe better than the next 22 years following 2007?

PHOENIX
02-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Who is David Lee Roth?

Sarge's Little Helper
Who is David Lee Roth?

Diamond Dave is the supreme Toastmaster General of the immoral majority.. the King of Any and All Things Rock n\' Roll. Bar none he is the greatest Frontman in Rock n Roll History!

FORD
Who is Bette Midler?

Sarge's Little Helper
Who is Bette Midler?

Bette Midler is an actress/singer that bears an uncanny resemblance to Sammy Hagar. .. based on both being fat, old, red hair and both have FLOPPY, SLOPPY BREASTS. Bette was in a popular movie called Beaches and Sammy Hagar is just a plain Beatch.Thanks for your time..

atomicpnk47
02-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by jgdrag
I'm reading all these posts here at DLR Army ,and it's kind of a drag reading some of the members who are disappointed with the decisions Edward has made of recent. Yes, I'm talking the whole Wolfie/bass player thing. But this is not about Wolfie or bass player.

Sure most of us wanted the original 4 and still want the original 4, but it doesn't look like this will be the case. Sure some of us think this is a cash grab,me included, but it will be up to each of us on our own terms whether we accept the last possible reincarnation of what was once the Mighty Van Halen.

However, there are a few things that are good in today's news.

Spammy will not be part of Van Halen, and a good chance they will not play any van hagar garbage at the concerts.

Gary Shithead will not be part of Van Halen so no Extreme tunes will be played not that I personally ever went to a Van Halen concert after 1985 or know if they would play one but rest assured, it will not happen this time.

One of the greatest duos will again be together performing the songs that brought us here together to make friends and discuss our favourite band(sheep excluded)
The music will be played the way it was written and sound the way it was suppose to sound. Perhaps our support for the CVH music will show Edward that his and Dave's music was the one and only true Van Halen . Perhaps he will only take our cash and tell us to fuck-off again as he has done in the past or maybe not? This may be the last time we as fans will get a chance 23 years later to see some form of a reunion that we have waited for all those years.
I'm not asking anyone to make a choice on whether you want to support this version of Eddie's Van Halen, but, after this one, I cannot believe there will be anything closer to the original Mighty Van Halen, no matter who is running the show.
For those of you who do not support this version of Van Halen, hopefully you will stay home and give us the opportunity for better seating. After reding through the internet this evening, people all over the country are excited about this version of Van Halen and you really won't make a difference.
I have not drank the Van Halen(Edward) Killer Kool Aid nor am I an Edward sheep.
I do know one thing and that is, I will be kicking myself if this is the last and only opportunity to see these two creative genises together one last time. Besides, if this was your band, who would you want to play with? Who you wanted to or with who somebody else wanted you to play with? I have seen the Mighty Van Halen(1982) and know it will not be close to the same show as it was then. But, this is better than the last 22 years and maybe better than the next 22 years following 2007?

Amen brother!!

atomicpnk47
02-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Pass the hot sauce...

mean street tat
02-02-2007, 11:31 PM
maybe no mike is just a way to tour next summer as the fantastic 4 and cash in once more I would not be suprised it's showbiz after all but I will be there front row center with my e ticket