X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • griffin6002
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jun 2006

If this tour LOSES money no new record deal

Twice in the last few years I've gotten to see Dave in concert up close and personal because there were only a couple hundred people in attendance. Everybody had a front row seat. And then Van Hagar came to town and they could only fill 70 percent of a 10,000 seat arena. What was worse was there were no chicks at the concert, and the average age must have been over 40. Dave put on the better show, even though he didn't have the expensive stage production that Van Hagar had. The reality though is that he couldn't have been making much money with that few people in attendance. And I read the Van Hagar 2004 tour LOST money. It will be interesting to see what venues Van Halen plays this summer and how many people show up. Yeah, people on these boards will go, but are the young kids interested? A lot of the 1980's fans have grown up and grown old and going to a concert might not be their idea of a fun time anymore. Is Warner Bros. interested in a new record with the classic lineup? If this tour makes a profit, they'll resign VH and we'll get a new album... if the tour bombs, nobody will be interested in the band. It's all about money.
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

They're on shaky ground now anyway, regardless of what the tour does...

If it was a classic 4 reunion, anybody would sign them...

With Wolfgang, who knows...maybe...

I'm sure they'll have a welcome home at Sanctuary no matter what happens, but don't hold your breath looking for new material.

Frankly, folks, this tour is probably it. That's reality. Better get used to it.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• PHOENIX
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

This tour will be the best gig Roth has had since the EEAS band days.

So what if a lot of the Van Hagar fans dont buy any tickets for this tour.

There will be less fucking Van Hagar t-shirt wearing sheep in attendance and thats a good thing.

Comment

• bantonelli
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by PHOENIX
        This tour will be the best gig Roth has had since the EEAS band days.

I disagree. ROTH had a Kick-Ass Tour Last Year. Voice & Body in total shape!
        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Matt White
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by bantonelli
          I disagree. ROTH had a Kick-Ass Tour Last Year. Voice & Body in total shape!
          Damn Straight BAN....

DAVE has been kicking ass for the past few years..........

But...I don't see anyway possible that this tour actually doesn't make money......

NO FUCKING WAY

The younger generation...who never had the chance to see the original band in action (and who still won't get that chance) will be coming out....

And us old timers who witnessed CLASSIC VAN HALEN in their prime...know that they were the GRATEST AMERICAN HARD ROCK BAND of all-time...BAR NONE......

This tour is gonna KICK ASS

Comment

• kamaboko
            Head Fluffer
            • Nov 2006

It depends on what kind of contract they negotiate with the promoters. Most of their money will be made with shirts and all those little things you see at the stands when you walk in to the arena. That's where the cash is.

VH, the group, is not the kind of chick magnet it was in the 1980's. Not too many 20 year old girls are sweatin' DLR. ("He's as old as my dad!") They want Nickleback and the like. It will most certainly be a "guys" show. I wouldn't expect to hook up and get laid at this show. LOL.

Comment

• fe_lung
              Sniper
              • Mar 2004

Re: If this tour LOSES money no new record deal

Originally posted by griffin6002
              Twice in the last few years I've gotten to see Dave in concert up close and personal because there were only a couple hundred people in attendance. Everybody had a front row seat. And then Van Hagar came to town and they could only fill 70 percent of a 10,000 seat arena. What was worse was there were no chicks at the concert, and the average age must have been over 40. Dave put on the better show, even though he didn't have the expensive stage production that Van Hagar had. The reality though is that he couldn't have been making much money with that few people in attendance. And I read the Van Hagar 2004 tour LOST money. It will be interesting to see what venues Van Halen plays this summer and how many people show up. Yeah, people on these boards will go, but are the young kids interested? A lot of the 1980's fans have grown up and grown old and going to a concert might not be their idea of a fun time anymore. Is Warner Bros. interested in a new record with the classic lineup? If this tour makes a profit, they'll resign VH and we'll get a new album... if the tour bombs, nobody will be interested in the band. It's all about money.
              They should do allright so long as they finish the tour. Screw the young demographic. Look at the top grossing tours, they aren't youngster bands.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

This tour will sell out every damn show . Mark my words.
                When people start hearing the tour commercials on the radio tickets will fly !

Every seat sold ,guaran-fuckin-teed !

I'll be waiting for Edwad & Alice to start the Tubby & Saucey bashing...
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• BrownSound1
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Mar 2003

I think they've got to do some TV as well. Dave's image was really hurt by that bluegrass bullshit...and rightfully so, it fucking sucked. If they could come out and do a performance along the lines that the DLR Band did on the Carson Daly show then it would be a big plus. That performance of Mean Street was excellent, and I KNOW there isn't a soul alive who can play that better than EVH.

Comment

• kastco
                    Roadie
                    • Dec 2006

Please will ya. The fucking Van Hagar tour of 04 grossed a little over 40 million. Not to shabby considering it was probably watching a blond haired Ronald McDonald jump around on stage. With Dave back in the fold they will make a killing. The money has always been made on tours not record sales and this is a reunion that many have been waiting a long time to see. I've caught Dave 4 times over the last few years and he has gotten better everytime. If they release new material it will sell fine but nowhere near what they have sold in the past. The record industry has changed too much. Even the kids of today aren't buying CDs like in the past. They just down load their favorites from ITunes.
                    SUPPORT THE BIG RED MACHINE
                    THE BEAST FROM THE EAST

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Matt White
                      This tour is gonna KICK ASS
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                        I think they've got to do some TV as well. Dave's image was really hurt by that bluegrass bullshit...and rightfully so, it fucking sucked. If they could come out and do a performance along the lines that the DLR Band did on the Carson Daly show then it would be a big plus. That performance of Mean Street was excellent, and I KNOW there isn't a soul alive who can play that better than EVH.
                        Ed's performance of Mean Street with Gary was outstanding.

Looking forward to the real deal
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• vh rides again
                          Commando
                          • Dec 2006

i think they are gonna do just fine, i kinda see this as a new beginning for vanhalen, not a beginning of the end.

we will see.

Comment

• light 'em up!
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                            I KNOW there isn't a soul alive who can play that better than EVH.
                            I wouldn't bet on that.

Comment

• bantonelli
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by kamaboko

VH, the group, is not the kind of chick magnet it was in the 1980's. Not too many 20 year old girls are sweatin' DLR. ("He's as old as my dad!") They want Nickleback and the like. It will most certainly be a "guys" show. I wouldn't expect to hook up and get laid at this show. LOL.
                              Now here's a statement that us ROTHARMY Babes will totally dispute with you, Boko.

...BTW, we are still eye-candy
                              "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

Working...