PDA

View Full Version : Won't Mikey be humiliated at R&R ceremony?

Hummarstra
02-03-2007, 12:18 PM
So, wait a minute. Does all this mean Mikey is gonna show up at the R&R Hall of Fame ceremony, face a million questions by the press the then NOT go on the reunion tour with the rest of the band? Thats gonna be a fucked up situation, isnt it?:confused:

General Hina
02-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Hummarstra
So, wait a minute. Does all this mean Mikey is gonna show up at the R&R Hall of Fame ceremony, face a million questions by the press the then NOT go on the reunion tour with the rest of the band? Thats gonna be a fucked up situation, isnt it?:confused:

Mike will be grinning from ear to ear when reviews of this tour hit the papers. This tour will be a total mess and Mike will be happy he wasn't part of it.

ThrillsNSpills
02-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by General Hina
Mike will be grinning from ear to ear when reviews of this tour hit the papers. This tour will be a total mess and Mike will be happy he wasn't part of it.

Certainly a possibility but I doubt it.
How prominent in the mix was the bass on the first album?
First album is a classic.
Even if Wolf is practicing 3 to 4 hours a day even if he is bad they can cut him in the live mix and Ed, Al and Dave will be good.

And yes I'm on a limb that Ed is playing much better than the clips I heard from the 2004 thing, based on his NAMM shit.

I think Jr. will hit the background vocals but like many I think it blows that Mike isn't involved, just for the reunion thing. Ed may be excited about playing, but obviously he couldn't give a fuck if the world thinks he's nuts for having his kid in the band since it took forever to get Roth back.

very least it should be Anthony for the reunion and Wolf after that.

kamaboko
02-03-2007, 01:31 PM
I seriously think MA wouldn't give a rip. He's got cash and is doing what he wants now.

General Hina
02-03-2007, 01:43 PM
You know what probably really pisses Ed off the most... from the beginning all the songs were always credited as written by: Eddie, Alex, Mike & Dave Or Eddie, Alex, Mike & Sammy. Even if Eddie wrote everything all 4 members shared the publishing rights. Therefore Michael Anthony has ALWAYS made as much as the brothers. There's no way to take that back either! That's how it always will be.

DrMaddVibe
02-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Wouldn't he be embarrassed by showing up at the RRHOF ceremony?

If he's not embarrassed enough by his bass solos all those years then standing up to get an award won't do it either.

It's an honor, not a right to be included.

ThrillsNSpills
02-03-2007, 01:49 PM
You know what probably really pisses Ed off the most... from the beginning all the songs were always credited as written by: Eddie, Alex, Mike & Dave Or Eddie, Alex, Mike & Sammy. Even if Eddie wrote everything all 4 members shared the publishing rights. Therefore Michael Anthony has ALWAYS made as much as the brothers. There's no way to take that back either! That's how it always will be.

Michael signed away a bunch of publishing to participate in the Sam 2004 nightmare, which was evidenced in Strummin with the Devil, where his name was removed from some of the '84 songs. I don't think we got the whole story regarding how many songs he signed off the rights on .
You are right that it was a bone of contention for Ed, but until more "official" or repackaged greatest hits surface, we don't know how much.

mott98
02-03-2007, 02:09 PM
If you read that excerpt from the Sammy book that never happened, they rewrote all of the publishing deals in the 80s after he joined. So Mikey has been making less since at least OU812 or earlier.......

I doubt he gave up anything on publishing in 2004. Even he is smart enough to know that he would better keeping what publishing he owned at that point than to tour with the sisters.

Will Mikey be embarressed at RRHOF---I doubt it. He will get asked, why arent you part of the tour and he will get to answer.

And when Eddie gets beaten over the head with questions about it, Im sure he will use the word Fuck about 33 times before he finally gets mad and quits the press conference. A la 1996.

ThrillsNSpills
02-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by mott98

I doubt he gave up anything on publishing in 2004. Even he is smart enough to know that he would better keeping what publishing he owned at that point than to tour with the sisters.

Mike said in an interview that his giving away rights to the name was a stipulation for his inclusion in the 2004 tour.
Posters here who own Strummin with the Devil started threads on why Mike wasn't included in the song credits. Believe what you want, and granted it's hard with these guys, but that happened along with him making considerably less coin touring than the others.

And when Eddie gets beaten over the head with questions about it, Im sure he will use the word Fuck about 33 times before he finally gets mad and quits the press conference. A la 1996. [/B]

No doubt.

I'm still wondering where the hell it's going to be broadcast.
Last I heard was Public TV?

I don't get that move, but we have to make sure we can see every minute, not some edited milk-toast version. . .

mott98
02-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Apparently, PBS is supposed to show it within a week afterward.

If Mike signed away some publishing, thats not real smart, though one could argue he has gotten 80% of the lifetime value already. Guess he thought the tour would evolve into something else like an album that could bring money.

Actually, I think Hagar isnt much of a friend if he fought to get Mike into the band on THOSE terms. He should have told Mike, 'Dude, stay home, it aint worth it!''

pflo
02-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
Certainly a possibility but I doubt it.
How prominent in the mix was the bass on the first album?
First album is a classic.
Uh, the first instrument on that album is bass! On Fire has INSANE bass lines, and yes, they are prominent. Jamies Cryin, same. Little Dreamer, the bass serves as a counterpoint to the guitar.Listen again.

Matt White
02-03-2007, 02:56 PM
WOLF will be able to handle ANY Mike bass lines....

Just thump that string kid...you'll be fine..........

ThrillsNSpills
02-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by pflo
Uh, the first instrument on that album is bass! On Fire has INSANE bass lines, and yes, they are prominent. Jamies Cryin, same. Little Dreamer, the bass serves as a counterpoint to the guitar.Listen again.

buried in the mix shithead.
Actually "uh" is your level.
Stick with that.
There's always a contradicktory moron that will take points out of context to feel important.

An E note in the beginning of Runnin With the Devil is prominent for those couple seconds, but banging on an E note isn't that complicated, for Mikey or Wolf.
Thumbe up for another post that flew over your head.

ThrillsNSpills
02-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by mott98
Apparently, PBS is supposed to show it within a week afterward.

Thanks Mott for your info.

vh rides again
02-03-2007, 03:17 PM

your a fucking hagar dicksucking queer, take your ass over to hagars site.
what are you doin here?.

General Hina
02-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by vh rides again
your a fucking hagar dicksucking queer, take your ass over to hagars site.
what are you doin here?.

I think you meant "you're" which is a contraction for the words "you are." it's a common mistake for many uneducated people.

kamaboko
02-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Mike said in an interview that his giving away rights to the name was a stipulation for his inclusion in the 2004 tour.
Posters here who own Strummin with the Devil started threads on why Mike wasn't included in the song credits. Believe what you want, and granted it's hard with these guys, but that happened along with him making considerably less coin touring than the others.

No doubt.

I'm still wondering where the hell it's going to be broadcast.
Last I heard was Public TV?

I don't get that move, but we have to make sure we can see every minute, not some edited milk-toast version. . .

Something to consider. He may have been willing to sign off on his song rights in 2004, b/c they weren't bringing much of anything in anway. The goose already laid the eggs over the past 25+ years. A tour was a sure shot of cash. Just how many "best of" releases does Ed expect to stamp? Besides, with PP sharing on the net, who can't get free classic VH tunes?

vh rides again
02-03-2007, 05:41 PM
I think you meant "you're" which is a contraction for the words "you are." it's a common mistake for many uneducated people.

LOL, goddamn you got me. i better get the hooked on phonics back out.

TheArchitect
02-03-2007, 06:50 PM

No. Eddie is the one who will have to explain a thousand times a day why he replaced a 30 year veteran of the band with a snot nosed kid. I think this leaves Mike in a position where he will feel quite free to tell the whole story like never before. I think the dirty laundry will be out there for all to see.

pflo
02-03-2007, 09:25 PM
buried in the mix shithead.
Actually "uh" is your level.
Stick with that.
There's always a contradicktory moron that will take points out of context to feel important.

An E note in the beginning of Runnin With the Devil is prominent for those couple seconds, but banging on an E note isn't that complicated, for Mikey or Wolf.
Thumbe up for another post that flew over your head. No need for namecalling, fuckwad. Turn up the bass on your stereo. The whole left side is bass and eds reverb. Dont know where you got your copy. Can you play "On Fire" on bass?

Don Corleone
02-04-2007, 05:45 AM
Mike made a decision a while back, and all that's happening now is that the same decision has come back to fuck him hard in the butt.

As for dirty laundry - How do you think Mr Nice Guy Mike will be able to explain not ringing either of the Van Halens to pass on his condolences at the passing of their mother? (Something both Sam and Dave were able to do). I can't wait to hear him explain that one

mott98
02-04-2007, 07:59 AM
Mikey DID call -- unfortunately, Ed was passed out and didnt hear the phone ring...... :)

But think about it.....if they considered Mikey a 'bro' and 'part of the VH Family' and decided to part ways with him because he wasn't supportive during a tough period in their life (like a family member passing away).....I think they would say so. To the effect of, 'We're really not on friendly terms, so we don't want to work with Mike in the future.'

Not, 'Fuck him, you can't play in 2 bands.'

TheArchitect
02-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Mike made a decision a while back, and all that's happening now is that the same decision has come back to fuck him hard in the butt.

As for dirty laundry - How do you think Mr Nice Guy Mike will be able to explain not ringing either of the Van Halens to pass on his condolences at the passing of their mother? (Something both Sam and Dave were able to do). I can't wait to hear him explain that one

I doubt that 1 thing (that we cannot confirm) will stand up to the encyclopedia like list of bullshit that stands against it.

Don Corleone
02-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by TheArchitect
I doubt that 1 thing (that we cannot confirm) will stand up to the encyclopedia like list of bullshit that stands against it.

You question me?

Mike didn't call Ed or Al - That is fact

Mike's decision - I don't want to spoil this (and no he's not joined the tour). What is in the works at the minute will give us.... a laugh shall we say.

Matt White
02-04-2007, 09:49 AM
HA!!!

There has been other embarrasing moments at the RRHOF.....

The CCR fued...

Debbie HArry refusing to play with a couple of original BLONDIE emebers...another old feud......

JOHN PAUL JONES layin' the Smack Down on Robet & Jimmy in 96....

GOOD TIMES

Vinnie Velvet
02-04-2007, 01:32 PM
You question me?

Mike didn't call Ed or Al - That is fact

Anything is possible.

The thing I find funny is how many people here and at Links just KNOW Micheal Anthony so well.

(Oh no, Mike would never do that! Not our Mikey!). :rolleyes:

Vinnie Velvet
02-04-2007, 01:35 PM

What a dick.

Seriously, of all the stuff that went down between Dave and Sam and the sisters, at least they called to extend their condolences on Mrs. VH's passing.

Well, looks like 'Mr. Nice Guy MA' was not so nice afterall.

NATEDOG001976
02-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
WOLF will be able to handle ANY Mike bass lines....

Just thump that string kid...you'll be fine..........

Some say Wolfie is better than Mikie anyways. Give the kid a chance, he's got a good teacher.

golden boy
02-04-2007, 05:11 PM
im happy for ed, playing with his son on stage like he did with his father. I would rather have mike on stage, from a fan thats been around from the start. Dave backed down and caved to this. Im starting to doubt the diamond one. If he wouldve held out for the fans, we would have mike back and go back in time when they hit the stage. Wolfie could have a bass solo with eddie and then get off the stage. I can just hear dave now "wolfies going to press some pussy backstage tonite". GIVE ME A BREAK.

Diamondjimi
02-04-2007, 07:06 PM

Well that shit has been delt with . Bassplayers points were knocked down to what he's actually cuntributed. A LOT less than the 25% he's been cashing in for all those years.

Dude , what's the deal with that fuckin avatar?

SHEEP ALERT

SHEEP ALERT

SHEEP ALERT

Terry
02-04-2007, 07:41 PM
I doubt if Dave had said "Either Mike's involved or I'm not" that Ed would have caved. My feeling is Ed said to Dave "Wolfie is in the band. If you want to sing with us, deal with it. If not, that's fine, too." And Dave knows Ed IS fucked up enough to go with a 4th singer.

Mike deserves his place at the RnRHoF induction. He also deserves to be the one to play bass onstage at the ceremony, which is a celebration of Van Halen's past as a band, none of which Wolfie was there for. The RnRHoF really isn't the proper place to debut a new bass player.

It was probably least shocking to Mike than it was to any of us that he wasn't asked to play bass this year. Any humiliation will come afterwards, if the live shows in the summer shape up to be some really good stuff, and people start saying "Hey, we didn't miss the bass player as much as we thought we would." At THAT point, MA will be crying in his tequila down in Cabo, mumbling "I can't believe they pulled it off without me".

Of course if the tour turns out to be a disaster, agreed that Mike will be grinning ear to ear because he wasn't a part of it, and the tour flopping is gonna have little to do with Wolfie and everything to do with his dad anyway, methinks.

If Ed is playing well and Dave is putting some effort into his singing, it's gonna sound fine.

Vinnie Velvet
02-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Terry

If Ed is playing well and Dave is putting some effort into his singing, it's gonna sound fine.

That I believe is happening.

DavidLeeNatra
02-05-2007, 05:43 AM
You know what probably really pisses Ed off the most... from the beginning all the songs were always credited as written by: Eddie, Alex, Mike & Dave Or Eddie, Alex, Mike & Sammy. Even if Eddie wrote everything...bla bla

ed never wrote everything, dumpfuck...

General Hina
02-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
ed never wrote everything, dumpfuck...

Eruption? You pussy!

Over & Out,
General Hina

Dan
02-05-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm a Pussy.

Over & Out,
General Hina

That's Right.

The Guy
02-05-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm not joining the Mike argument in either way.
You will all be very surprised when you hear Wolfie play, and the background vocals aren't bad either.

The kid is the real deal, trust me.

When they finally do decide to speak, Dave will say nothing but great things about him.

I just can't believe just how well they are all getting along right now, Its going to be a great tour, one not to miss for sure.

I checked out that other site that seems to be quite down about this tour and Mike's non participation and they are a funny yet sad bunch.
Thats why I posted news of Dave's return on a pro Dave site exclusively.

Loons The Great
02-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by The Guy
I checked out that other site that seems to be quite down about this tour and Mike's non participation and they are a funny yet sad bunch.

I ain't gwine-a miss Mullet or anyone who's 'quite down about this tour' when Ize at the shows...fo' sho'!!!...yez yez yeah!!...:D

Atomic Dyver
02-05-2007, 10:52 PM
He's already humiliated himself enough........

NathanRay
02-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Atomic Dyver
He's already humiliated himself enough........

At least we don't have to sit through his ridicolousely retawded delay/echo drenched bass solo.

Vinnie Velvet
02-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by NathanRay
At least we don't have to sit through his ridicolousely retawded delay/echo drenched bass solo.

Yeah, no kidding.

Thank god for that!

binnie
02-06-2007, 12:01 PM
How could he be embarrassed, it's such an honour....

DavidLeeNatra
02-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Eruption? You pussy!

Over & Out,
General Hina

bass player, alexis and dave are credited for this one?

back in your cave, fuckface

binnie
02-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by The Guy
I'm not joining the Mike argument in either way.
You will all be very surprised when you hear Wolfie play, and the background vocals aren't bad either.

The kid is the real deal, trust me.

When they finally do decide to speak, Dave will say nothing but great things about him.

I just can't believe just how well they are all getting along right now, Its going to be a great tour, one not to miss for sure.

Thats why I posted news of Dave's return on a pro Dave site exclusively.

I hope you're right, I really do...

Atomic Dyver
02-06-2007, 12:12 PM
They're all gettin along? Really? Seems suspicious given thier past.

General Hina
02-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
bass player, alexis and dave are credited for this one?

back in your cave, fuckface

Check your liner notes idiot!!

Over & Out,
General Hina

ZahZoo
02-06-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm not sure MA will be at the RRHOF induction. I read somewhere he's doing some on-ship concert performance on some Sammy Cabo Wabo cruise deal. Says guests will get an onboard concert with Aaron Hagar and the wabos and special guest MA and the Wabos. Cruise sails March 11-18 from LA.

hockeyfan_66
02-06-2007, 06:38 PM
I think wolfgang will fall on his ass if he is among the performers at the RRHF. The pressure will break him and they (Ed) will beg MA to come back for the summer tour.

tora
02-07-2007, 12:47 AM
thats the exact reason why ed is pissed at mike, but its not mikes fault.

mickeba
02-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Mike is much better off not touring with Dave and the pigs (piglet included!) There is just no way to justify piglet being part of the band. Obviously Ed and Alex have no respect for the fans or the VH legacy. You just don't learn to play bass and join VH! Of course now, VH is a joke, but Mike will be thrilled with the reviews coz this things a train wreck!

mickeba

dcmf
02-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Every band has their douchebag--VH had Anthony. Is anyone really gonna miss those gay ass bass solos that haunted us live? Is anyone not gonna be too stoked to overlook the ball-clamped singing that Mikey did?? Shite, we got motherfucking VAN HALEN back!!! Fuck a bunch of MA. He can go back to Cabo and let the Red Cocker sodomize him, while using Mad Anthony hot sause as anal lube for all i care....

jasons9745
02-09-2007, 10:22 PM
I have been sitting here listening to my classic Van halen cd's and I am shocked that anyone can say MA was not a huge part of the bands early success...I am keeping the jury sequestered concerning the latest tour until I get some feedback from the first shows....I am in Indy so I know we probably wont get a show until mid-tour so by then Wolfie will be deemed a disaster and Mikey will return or Wolfie will be a champion, wonderful replacement and I will go to the show....I just thinks its sad that a guy who tried to get alone with everybody, Dave, Sammy, the bros and just wanted to entertain the fans is getting what seems to be a scewjob here...if this tour dumps and ends early because of problems with putting a kid on the big stage, Ed is DONE.

Late

Hummarstra
02-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by jasons9745
I have been sitting here listening to my classic Van halen cd's and I am shocked that anyone can say MA was not a huge part of the bands early success...I am keeping the jury sequestered concerning the latest tour until I get some feedback from the first shows....I am in Indy so I know we probably wont get a show until mid-tour so by then Wolfie will be deemed a disaster and Mikey will return or Wolfie will be a champion, wonderful replacement and I will go to the show....I just thinks its sad that a guy who tried to get alone with everybody, Dave, Sammy, the bros and just wanted to entertain the fans is getting what seems to be a scewjob here...if this tour dumps and ends early because of problems with putting a kid on the big stage, Ed is DONE.

Late

Ditto, baby.

VanHalener
02-10-2007, 11:50 PM

uh huh.

It's a buzzkiller, isn't it?

yah
02-12-2007, 11:51 PM
If Mike is smart, he'll just keep his dignity intact at The Hall Of Fame by taking the high road and just keeping cool.
I don't think he has a lot to be embarrased about...his contributions to VH in the studio and live were powerful for years.
What happened , (obviously), is that he ended up following Hagar, (because of VH inactivity),and dropping his loyalties to the brothers.
He probably figured VH was over, (especially after 2004), and that Ed was too fucked up to ever be pro again-plus he got gypped on that tour.
It probably was not easy to be in that band, especially with the fucked-up Roth re-attempts and dealing with LoonHead.
Mike's chosen his path....he will most likely just cuntinue playing with Hagar and he is probably a rich guy anyways ....the Van Halens don't value him anyways....he's better off without 'em.

Greenbuds
02-13-2007, 02:45 AM
For me, I stopped caring about 'Mikey' after his Japan magazine interview a year ago.

He ripped on Ed and Dave, but didn't say anything negative about Sammy. He now even drinks Cabo onstage from a blue bottle instead of Jacks.

He turned poodle and he made his choice. He basically sided with Sammy on everything.

He didn't stick his neck out for Dave in '85, for Sammy in '96, and not for Gary or Dave in 2004. Why should Dave stick his neck out for him??

He's not a Van Halen and everyone who isn't has to be on the sidelines at sometime. Now is Mikey's time, and since it seems to hit so hard with the Hagar faction, I'm not shedding any tears for him.

Buh-bye Mikey, you talked shit about Dave and Ed. You are not the class-act the Hagar fans protray you as.

And as for Wolfie, he'll do fine. He's been around music all his life and grew up in a studio. Playing Mike Anthony on bass won't be a huge step for him.

I think everyone will be surprised the next time they see Wolfie. Everyone remembers him as a chubby kid. I predict you'll see a (young) man on this tour.

I predict this Mike Anthony rebellion will go down like the "Ringo never / Pete forever" protests.

kamaboko
02-13-2007, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Greenbuds

I think everyone will be surprised the next time they see Wolfie. Everyone remembers him as a chubby kid. I predict you'll see a (young) man on this tour.

a young burly man no doubt. lol