PDA

View Full Version : Reunion news on the radio?

Mt. Krakalak
02-03-2007, 02:17 PM
I don't normally listen to broadcast radio in upstate NY because...

well...

it SUCKS! But lately I've been scanning the dial listening to what the rock radio stations are saying about the long awaited Van Halen reunion with The Diamond One. I've heard nothing! Have you heard any talk about it on the air where you live? What are your local d.j.s saying about VH getting back together and touring? Any CVH Rock Blocks or Two For Tuesdays going on? Seems like it would be the buzz of a lifetime, especially among the classic rock stations that target our generation.
BTW, does it freak you out that VH is now considered classic rock? It makes me feel old like my parents, that's for sure! :( These younger kids these days don't even realize the real VH existed BEFORE the Spammy era VH. Time to SMACK DOWN Dave style!

hideyoursheep
02-03-2007, 04:41 PM
It don't have to be old to be a classic...

STP, Peal Jam, and the like....I don't listen to terrestrial anymore,but I imagine they don't know any more or less than anyone else.

Who would ask 'em to plug anything when there isn't anything to plug yet?

Antman
02-03-2007, 04:59 PM
I have noticed in the NY market stations are playing more Police though.

vh rides again
02-03-2007, 05:38 PM
i was headed up to iowa city , iowa last week and krna 94.1 played a shitload of classic vh for damn near the whole ride home.
van halen always went to cedar rapids iowa when they were together

MUSICMANN
02-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Haven't heard anything, but, i'm stoked on the official news about this summers tour. Ed saying he is excited about geting back to what made VH, has to be a posititve in my book. I can deal with MA not being there, if the energy is as high as it use to be.

With Dave and ED back togeither, i am looking for for some new music, after this tour, with the same raw and powerful energy, that made VH the greatest baand on the planet.

kastco
02-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Actually they just had a small bit on the local news here on Long Island. Not much, just Daves back in the band, summer tour etc. It was good to see though. Heard a quick bit on Q104.3 out of NYC yesterday also. Those two items there alone is more press than the 2004 VanHagar tour got in total.

perilousepete
02-05-2007, 11:43 PM
haven't heard much from madison wi but they play a fair amount of vh in the normal rotation to begin with....i think there's still speculation since there hasn't been any sort of appearances to speak of, so i don't think that many people want to build up their hopes yet that's my guess