PDA

View Full Version : Do people like Dave or Do they like the whole Van Halen crew?

cwsmith17
04-25-2004, 03:18 PM
I am just wondering how many out there are strictly Roth fans. Or for that fact how many are Roth fans and or are fans of Eddy, Alex, Mike etc. Just something I have been wondering about.:)

Big Troubles
04-25-2004, 03:23 PM
First and for most Im a fan of Dave. Good, bad and ugly, Dave is King 'round these parts. Secondly, for me the rest of VH died in 84, when Dave left. Their true colours showed through. Cheap, pale imitations of what they used to be. I can't be a fan of that anymore.

pete
04-25-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by cwsmith17
I am just wondering how many out there are strictly Roth fans. Or for that fact how many are Roth fans and or are fans of Eddy, Alex, Mike etc. Just something I have been wondering about.:)

DLRARMY

you make the call

DLRismydad
04-25-2004, 03:30 PM
what a stupid post.

cwsmith17
04-25-2004, 03:33 PM
Why the fuck is this a stupid post. You ask a better question. One with thought behind it!

DavidLeeNatra
04-25-2004, 03:39 PM
roth...always...saw him with unchained on tv and was blown away...the rest of the team was a back up band for me till my friend told me that the band was named after the guitar player and drummer... I gave them a chance back then in 1985 and listened to 5150 and watched the "live without a net"-vid...they fucked it up for me...so what's left?

R O T H ! ! !

Big Troubles
04-25-2004, 03:41 PM
Ok heres one. If practice makes perfect, yet nobody IS perfect, then why practice? :D

There thats a better question.

Wayne L.
04-25-2004, 03:43 PM
I'm a dedicated VH/DLR era fan which means it's the original Van Halen with Eddie, Dave, Mike & Alex who had a huge impact on my life during my youth with the combination of EVH & DLR who were the Lennon/McCartney, Jagger/Richards, Page/Plant & Tyler/Perry of their time!!! BTW, it's pathetic all this constant whining from VH fans about this reunion tour & the Hagar era in general since Van Halen is, has & will always be about Eddie Van Halen.

pete
04-25-2004, 03:43 PM
Why the fuck is this a stupid post.

you know why.

DLRismydad
04-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Why the fuck is this a stupid post. You ask a better question. One with thought behind it!

I guess it seems a little stupid to me that someone would ask members of the David Lee roth army if they are more a fan of Dave or just Van halen

pete
04-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by DLRismydad
I guess it seems a little stupid to me that someone would ask members of the David Lee roth army if they are more a fan of Dave or just Van halen

You're parents should be proud.

I myself am glowing.

:gulp:

DLRismydad
04-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by pete
You're parents should be proud.

I myself am glowing.

:gulp:

thanks,and yes my parents are very proud

thefive
04-25-2004, 04:11 PM
I understand his question. He wants to know if and how much we like Ed, Alex and Michael.

Well for me and I can only talk for me. When Van Halen first album came out almost everyone was like "Who is that guitarist??????" And I was thinking "who is this singer with all this personality (yells , screams, talking in the songs). I thought the singer had a unique voice too. So with me from DAY 1 I was a Dave fan.

I like the other 3 just somewhat. But every time I saw Dave on TV or live he just stole the show. Eddie was fun to watch play guitar but Roth just had that charisma. The Dave interviews were just awesome.

After 85 I just heard their mouths and just got turned off. Just all the bashing of Dave. Shows you what type of character they have.

So in conclusion I was a Dave fan from DAY 1. The other 3 well I just thought of them as Dave's fellow band mates.

Big Troubles
04-25-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
BTW, it's pathetic all this constant whining from VH fans about this reunion tour & the Hagar era in general since Van Halen is, has & will always be about Eddie Van Halen.

? are you ill? The only one that believes that statement is Eddie Van Halen. You call it whining? I call it bullshit and a scam. They are promoting this reunion like it was Dave rejoining, without...Tah Dah, Dave rejoining. Every opportunity they've had to promote this tour, they've played a Dave era song to follow. Thats my city. Not yours. Maybe its different in queer land? I dunno, I don't tend to visit places that have foot fetishes as their motto. :D Don't think Ive forgotten about you, you sick silly freak. :lol:

DavidLeeNatra
04-25-2004, 05:22 PM
BTW, it's pathetic all this constant whining from VH fans about this reunion tour & the Hagar era in general since Van Halen is, has & will always be about Eddie Van Halen.

so your favorite song is "how many say I", I guess?

pete
04-25-2004, 05:26 PM
I'm a dedicated VH/DLR era fan which means it's the original Van Halen with Eddie, Dave, Mike & Alex who had a huge impact on my life during my youth with the combination of EVH & DLR who were the Lennon/McCartney, Jagger/Richards, Page/Plant & Tyler/Perry of their time!!! BTW, it's pathetic all this constant whining from VH fans about this reunion tour & the Hagar era in general since Van Halen is, has & will always be about Eddie Van Halen.

God-damnit Wayne!

The athletes foot fumes have fucked you up.

Your twisted views have now effected us all.

Your blatant disregard of the very essence of common sense.

Your repressive philosophies that drive you to the mad fetishisms that haunt every aspect of your life.

Be gone.

And take that god-damned shoe catalog with you!!!

Wayne L.
04-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Van Halen is the name of this legendary rock band, Eddie is the leader & legendary rock guitarist, Dave was the legendary frontman at one time in their history. How many of you think the name of VH is Roth?

DavidLeeNatra
04-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Van Halen is the name of this legendary rock band, Eddie is the leader & legendary rock guitarist, Dave was the legendary frontman at one time in their history. How many of you think the name of VH is Roth?

if you think of van halen as a band...you think of david lee roth...me does...

Big Troubles
04-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Yeah me too. I think Roth is VH. sorry. But tis true. Roth fans are Roth fans. And fags like Van Hagar. Simple. :D

thefive
04-25-2004, 09:12 PM
flippin lol

Big Troubles
04-25-2004, 09:14 PM
its funny cause its true. :D

thefive
04-25-2004, 09:20 PM
Yeah and this is true too.

MAX
04-25-2004, 10:01 PM
How many of you think the name of VH is Roth?

How many times does this need to be injected into yer pinhead? Dave named the band VAN HALEN!!!! They wanted to call it Rat Salade!

Eddie wrote the fucking music and Dave sold it!!!!!

NEXT!!!

rustoffa
04-25-2004, 10:11 PM
It harkens back to an era where every single girl wandering around backstage called Dave "Van Halen" with Ed in the room.

tjvhou812
04-25-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
First and for most Im a fan of Dave. Good, bad and ugly, Dave is King 'round these parts. Secondly, for me the rest of VH died in 84, when Dave left. Their true colours showed through. Cheap, pale imitations of what they used to be. I can't be a fan of that anymore.

im not busting your ass, but what did you expect vh to do when dave left them in 85.....just sit their and wait for him to come back

bru87tr
04-26-2004, 10:36 AM
im a fan of DLR, ED, Mike and Alex

no one can be good enough without the other. plain and simple.

but Dave does kill me! :)

moose
04-26-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
so your favorite song is "how many say I", I guess?

Mind my ignorance but what the fuck is "how many say I"? I keep seeing this popping up in threads left right and centre and would like some clarification/closure on this. Oh and by the way

ROTH RULES!!!! Thats it thats all. Nuff said.

Golden AWe
04-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by moose
Mind my ignorance but what the fuck is "how many say I"? I keep seeing this popping up in threads left right and centre and would like some clarification/closure on this. Oh and by the way

ROTH RULES!!!! Thats it thats all. Nuff said.

I gotta admit I know the answer.

It's a song where somebody, who should have stayed as a back-up vocalist, is "singing", on a record which that someone should have never released.

Big Troubles
04-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
im not busting your ass, but what did you expect vh to do when dave left them in 85.....just sit their and wait for him to come back

I read your reply to mine very carefuly, and I can honestly say "yeah, I think I kinda expected VH to just wait for Dave to come back". I mean, what culture shock it was, to go from Roth as front man to Hagar? But please do get the facts right. Dave waited for VH to get their collective asses together. Not the other way around. Ed was doing alot of music, while Al was driving across country with wife, Mike was, I dunno? So Dave kept going to Ed, "hey man, when are we gonna do this? Lets get the next album out." It was Dave who always pushed for an album every year. Look at his Letterman appearance. It was early 85, and Dave said that the album is just about finsihed and "we" should be touring soon. This is AFTER he did his EP. Going by that interview alone, Dave thought everything in VH was fine. So he got booted. He did not leave. He got tired of waiting for the fellas to make some music so he made his own. Simple. Then they bring in Hagar? C'mon? If your Dave, this is the biggest slap to the face of frontman or singing careers. Of all people, Sammy Hagar?

pardo
04-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Why am I here? To celebrate the original VAN HALEN. For me, the chemestry between the original 4 members is unequalled. I consider them better than the 4 Beatles, better than the 4 members of Zepplin.

So from that point of view, I like all 4 members.

Big Troubles
04-26-2004, 02:27 PM
I also agree. To me VH was and still is Roth, Ed, Al and Mike. Like I said so many times before, VH broke up in 1985. They reconvened for 2 new songs in 1996 and split again. There was nothing in between those times for me. There was no VH.

I guess the next thrill for us, will be the rock n roll hall of fame. :D Maybe Dave will kick Sammy's ass at the dinner. :D (assuming Sam goes of course. And if he does, we ares ticking to plan of burning down his house right? Right? Guys???)

Big Troubles
04-26-2004, 02:29 PM
I agree. VH died for me in 85 though. They reconvened in 96 for 2 new songs then died again. For me there was no VH in between.

All I have to look forward to now is solo Dave and the Rock n Roll hall of Fame. Assuming Sam doesn't go. If he does are we sticking to our plan of burning down his house? Right?? Guys??? :D

Bill Lumbergh
04-26-2004, 02:34 PM

I like the sisters and their bitch only when I'm listening to the first six albums, watching or listening to old boots. Other than that they've been dead to me for 19 years.

L.S.D.
04-26-2004, 02:57 PM
I read your reply to mine very carefuly, and I can honestly say "yeah, I think I kinda expected VH to just wait for Dave to come back". I mean, what culture shock it was, to go from Roth as front man to Hagar? But please do get the facts right. Dave waited for VH to get their collective asses together. Not the other way around. Ed was doing alot of music, while Al was driving across country with wife, Mike was, I dunno? So Dave kept going to Ed, "hey man, when are we gonna do this? Lets get the next album out." It was Dave who always pushed for an album every year. Look at his Letterman appearance. It was early 85, and Dave said that the album is just about finsihed and "we" should be touring soon. This is AFTER he did his EP. Going by that interview alone, Dave thought everything in VH was fine. So he got booted. He did not leave. He got tired of waiting for the fellas to make some music so he made his own. Simple. Then they bring in Hagar? C'mon? If your Dave, this is the biggest slap to the face of frontman or singing careers. Of all people, Sammy Hagar?

wrong, he quit, everyone know that and I have mucho interviews on tape where dlr says he quit. So stop lying to yourself and others.

L.S.D.
04-26-2004, 02:59 PM
I agree. VH died for me in 85 though. They reconvened in 96 for 2 new songs then died again. For me there was no VH in between.

All I have to look forward to now is solo Dave and the Rock n Roll hall of Fame. Assuming Sam doesn't go. If he does are we sticking to our plan of burning down his house? Right?? Guys??? :D

Considering they will get voted in this year as Rolling Stone Magazine owns the hall has predicted them to be the leading vote getter, and Sammy is in the band....well I hope dlr shows up too. How could he not?

Big Troubles
04-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Personaly I dont think Sam will be there. If he is, well this whole world is fucked in their thinking.

Dave did not quit. Its called saving face. He had no choice. Just like Sam didn't have a choice. Its called being forced out of the band. Dave was doing a solo album BECAUSE the band were taking either a) vacations across the country, b) making guest appearances on other peoples albums and c) too wasted to give a fuck. Dave wanted to work. David Letterman is an awesome interview for that. Watch it again. It was early 85, and Dave stated that the music was nearly finished, he was waiting to hear from the band about laying the final touches to it. (prob lyrics) And the next thing that happened was Sammy was introduced as a new singer. He was shopping a movie deal around, but that has nothing to do with what music was going to be put out. If it did, that means all VH had to do was ask Dave "Hey, are you still with us or what?", but your saying Roth just up and left and they hired Sam in his place? No way. Just like Dave said in his book. He was screwed. He had no band. He had no equipment. Vh bros. had all the shit. Had the name to carry forward. They had an entire album done, half of which was written by Dave. So if Dave quit, Why? Why would he chance it, and leave behind everything he worked so hard for?

Big Troubles
04-26-2004, 04:44 PM
I really dont believe Im lying to myself or anyone else about that. I feel that. I live that.

bru87tr
04-26-2004, 06:13 PM
dave quit cause the boys would not get off thier asses to record another album.

this was where ed was trying to force his hand and show he is a leader when infact we all know a drunk bum like him cannot lead a high school band!

ed wanted to record when he was ready. he was tired of being bossed around by roth. sick of recording all the time and put his foot down. great! well in the process you look lazy and roth wants to work. you lost the best frontman in rock and roll.

diamondD
04-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Maybe you need to reread Crazy From the Heat and let Dave tell you for himself that he left. If you turn to page 227, there's 3 paragraphs that have "when I left Van Halen" in them.

Big Troubles
04-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
Maybe you need to reread Crazy From the Heat and let Dave tell you for himself that he left. If you turn to page 227, there's 3 paragraphs that have "when I left Van Halen" in them.

Ive read his book at least 5 times now. And there is a BIG difference between leaving VH on his terms and being left out of the cold. When he was quoted as saying "When I left VH" he was basically summarizing what happened without going into details yet again.
There was a good reason for him leaving, and none of it had anything to do with making a movie or going solo. Like Roth said in his book, that movie idea was extra fun time, as well as the solo album, while waiting for the VH brothers to get their ass in gear.

Read it again. And then again. And one more time. ;)

thefive
04-26-2004, 07:40 PM
I would like to be the FLY on the Wall when all this shit went down in 85.

diamondD
04-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Ive read his book at least 5 times now. And there is a BIG difference between leaving VH on his terms and being left out of the cold. When he was quoted as saying "When I left VH" he was basically summarizing what happened without going into details yet again.
There was a good reason for him leaving, and none of it had anything to do with making a movie or going solo. Like Roth said in his book, that movie idea was extra fun time, as well as the solo album, while waiting for the VH brothers to get their ass in gear.

Read it again. And then again. And one more time. ;)

When you say there was a good reason for him leaving, you are contradicting yourself. You said he didn't leave. Then you say what he really meant by "when I left VH" You been taking lessons from FORD? ;) Plus, I didn't say anything about the movie or solo stuff. So, I don't know why you feel I need to get that explained to me. I've been on this site for almost 5 years, I think I know the histories.

I don't know how you think you can spin Dave's words to fit your argument. He left. That's one story all band members agree on. ;)

Big Troubles
04-26-2004, 09:09 PM
"I don't know how you think you can spin Dave's words to fit your argument. He left. That's one story all band members agree on."

I dont put spins on anything. And if I were taking lessons from Ford, I'd be honored. :D

First of all, not all members will say he left VH. Just the 3 remaining guys will. Dave says in his book "for all intense purposes, let's say I left VH". In other words, he's cutting the bullshit down to two stages. #1 he's not going to keep rehashing history as people will believe what they want to believe. #2 The VH bros keep insisting that Dave left as in QUIT, which of course, he did not quit. He was OUSTED. Big difference. And if you were on this board for 5 years you'd know that.
But yet 5 years has gotten 1 vote. At this rate you will be near me in oh I dont know, 45 years??? All kidding aside, Im sure your a dave fan and Im not trying to ride you here. There is no complaint and there really is no debate. Im not sure why you keep replying to my post when we are in agreement.
And please show me where my contradictions are.
There is no contradiction when I say he left or was ousted. Those are the two stories that are being told in this split. Same goes for Sam split. He was forced to leave. I know I know...He quit too right? If you believe that, then you drink from the same water fountain Ed does.

Big Troubles
04-26-2004, 09:15 PM
BTW, the thread is titled Do people like Dave or the whole Van halen? Not was Dave fired or did he quit? Do you take lessons from Ford? How many years do you claim to have been here? How many spins can you put on Dave's words to fit your arguement?

How about we stick to the topic, before it turns into something titled How I got slapped silly from thread to thread for being over the top egotistical and conniving to make people listen to me instead of the other guys? :D

Big Troubles
04-26-2004, 09:19 PM
and please don't come back with harsh "your're a fag or Im gonna fuck your woman" comments. It's late at night for me, and we both know those comments are meant for the youngins' round these parts. ;)

Nothing personal. My comments are in defense. Not offense.

pete
04-26-2004, 09:19 PM
"I don't know how you think you can spin Dave's words to fit your argument. He left. That's one story all band members agree on."

I dont put spins on anything. And if I were taking lessons from Ford, I'd be honored. :D

First of all, not all members will say he left VH. Just the 3 remaining guys will. Dave says in his book "for all intense purposes, let's say I left VH". In other words, he's cutting the bullshit down to two stages. #1 he's not going to keep rehashing history as people will believe what they want to believe. #2 The VH bros keep insisting that Dave left as in QUIT, which of course, he did not quit. He was OUSTED. Big difference. And if you were on this board for 5 years you'd know that.
But yet 5 years has gotten 1 vote. At this rate you will be near me in oh I dont know, 45 years??? All kidding aside, Im sure your a dave fan and Im not trying to ride you here. There is no complaint and there really is no debate. Im not sure why you keep replying to my post when we are in agreement.
And please show me where my contradictions are.
There is no contradiction when I say he left or was ousted. Those are the two stories that are being told in this split. Same goes for Sam split. He was forced to leave. I know I know...He quit too right? If you believe that, then you drink from the same water fountain Ed does.

Bravo!

They made it impossible to stay.

never thought of that.

Big Troubles
04-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Thanks Pete. It really just makes sense though ya know? If you read Daves words, you can easily tell he's tired of the same old story of being fired or if he quit. When it was really neither. It was impossible for Dave to stay because there was nothing moving forward. Ed and co. were whacking off to the sunset while Dave was gettinng restless wanting to work. The delay, according to Dave is still really a mystery. The album was nearly finished. The lyrics were set, and needed to be recorded. Dave was told to sit and wait. "Fuck that" is what Dave said. Ed was doing solos for M Jackson and various soundtracks, so Dave made a solo album. Then called Ed. Still nothing. So dave made a video. Called Ed. Still nothing. Dave made another video. Called Ed. Still nothing. Dave shopped a movie around while waiting for Ed. All the while Ed knew what Dave was doing. There were no secrets. Then all of a sudden Sam is in Dave is out. How is it that Dave quit again???

there really is no doubt about it. Dave was OUSTED. How could he work, when the rest of the band weren't?

rustoffa
04-26-2004, 09:55 PM
The part where Dave saw the mexican chicks dancing around to a Mike Jackson song and he went "what the fuck" is funny too.
(mad props to Wayne L)

Dan
04-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Dave all the way,the high and lows.He's The Greatest Rocker out there.The man can Dance,sing and Act and write a Fucking GREAT Book.The Legend lives on.Long live David Lee Roth,Peace To you all.

Terry
04-26-2004, 10:43 PM
Probably 50/50 between Roth and Eddie back in the day. Lot of friends who also played guitar would say Roth couldn't sing, etc., but nobody.........and I mean NOBODY........back when the classic lineup was still together would talk about Van Halen as Eddie's band, or say Eddie was the main or only reason they were famous.

Always thought Alex's drumkit was much larger than his talent. Not a bad drummer, but when you were talking great drummers in the early 1980s, you were talking Neal Peart. Fit into Van Halen well, but wasn't to drums what his brother was to guitar. Not by a long shot.

Can't recall anybody having much to say about Mike Anthony, or even thinking that much about him. He's the bass player in Van Halen. That's about it.

Like, we always knew Roth was cocky, arrogant, and a show-off, but he delivered the goods as frontman and in print. The media spokesperson for the band.

Outside of guitar mags, had never read any non-musician mag interviews with Eddie until after the 1985 split. When he and the rest of Van Hagar started trashing Dave (and I believe it was Eddie who started the whole mess in a 1895 Rolling Stone by referring to being happy Roth was gone and having to "put up with 11 years of his bullshit"), they just came across as assholes.

I'll always be a fan of what Eddie did on those first 6 Van Halen records. As a guitar player how could I not be? But Eddie's attitude and musical direction since Roth left has done nothing for me.

To think of the guy who teared it up playing shit like Sinner's Swing and Meanstreet ending up writing top 40 keyboard schmaltz.......kinda like what Dave said in his book "I don't want to remember that the team turned into that. Makes me question what it was when I was a member."

diamondD
04-26-2004, 10:59 PM
and please don't come back with harsh "your're a fag or Im gonna fuck your woman" comments. It's late at night for me, and we both know those comments are meant for the youngins' round these parts. ;)

Nothing personal. My comments are in defense. Not offense.

Dude, I wasn't going anywhere near that. You're defending against something that ain't happening. And the vote thing is beyond ridiculous. That's a new feature and I rarely even post anymore. I don't recognize most of the people nowadays outside of the War forum.

The FORD thing was just a poke at his style, he knows I'm just razzing him.

I was just pointing out that Dave said he quit. He even said it in the "Gripes of Roth" interview this year. I just don't get how you turn that into ousted when he said he left because he was tired of banging on the door at 5150 and not getting any recording done. Dave makes no bones about the fact he quit and why he felt it was needed. He also left the door open with Eddie to get back together down the road when they hugged and cried at Dave's dad's house when it went down.

Big Troubles
04-26-2004, 11:04 PM
we are very close in what each of us are saying. If that makes sense?
I understand what you are saying. But Im telling you that Roth HAD NO CHOICE but to leave. No work was getting done and Ed was dicking around.

Lou
04-26-2004, 11:05 PM
I am first and foremost a fan of Van HALEN 1974-1985, something that no longer exists. I'm a fan of that combination of four musicians in that time period first before anything else.

In the present, there's no doubt I'm a fan first of the 2004 Dave before I am of the 2004 Eddie, Alex, and Mike, and even if they were to get back together, from this point on I'll favor Dave over the other three.

diamondD
04-26-2004, 11:12 PM
And as far as the topic, I'll go see Dave anytime he's near me and he's still got as hot a band as the one he's had lately. I've travelled across country to Seattle just to see him, and driven many miles many more times. But I'll also go see Van Halen this year too because I don't get caught up in the drama behind it all anymore and just want to hear music. It's been the same thing over and over for 5 years and I just want to hear Ed play again. There was a time I thought that wasn't gonna happen again.

I wish they had gotten together and done something and still hold out hope they will again one day. I know they tried. Sucks it didn't happen. But it's only a rock band and I don't boycott the Stones for not having Bill Wyman or Mick Taylor in the band either. The only ones I hold that shit against is Gene and Paul. ;) But that's because they got my farewell money and never blinked an eye and kept touring.

Lou
04-26-2004, 11:15 PM
And as far as the topic, I'll go see Dave anytime he's near me and he's still got as hot a band as the one he's had lately. I've travelled across country to Seattle just to see him

Yeah I know your camera travelled with you too :D

diamondD
04-26-2004, 11:17 PM
LOL If I could have made money for eveytime one of those pics was posted, I'd have a good chunk of change. Those pics were definitely part of the old school Army days. :D

Right FORD? ;)

Lou
04-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Let's not forget Guitar Shark in there with the "Dick Van Dyke" haircut too.

diamondD
04-26-2004, 11:25 PM
I always thought he resembled Bob Saget myself. :D

hot for david
04-26-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by DLRismydad
what a stupid post.

for me is not a stupid post , ok we all know that if we are in the roth forum , i cuz we are fans , but for me it's just a way to see who is really a fan of david , that's all

SoCalChelle
04-26-2004, 11:28 PM
And as far as the topic, I'll go see Dave anytime he's near me and he's still got as hot a band as the one he's had lately. I've travelled across country to Seattle just to see him, and driven many miles many more times. But I'll also go see Van Halen this year too because I don't get caught up in the drama behind it all anymore and just want to hear music. It's been the same thing over and over for 5 years and I just want to hear Ed play again. There was a time I thought that wasn't gonna happen again.

I wish they had gotten together and done something and still hold out hope they will again one day. I know they tried. Sucks it didn't happen. But it's only a rock band and I don't boycott the Stones for not having Bill Wyman or Mick Taylor in the band either. The only ones I hold that shit against is Gene and Paul. ;) But that's because they got my farewell money and never blinked an eye and kept touring.

Yeah, what HE said. Since day one, I've been in love with Eddie and in lust with Dave. Nothing has changed in that regard. Now I just have twice as many concerts to go to. :)

thefive
04-27-2004, 01:51 AM
Big Troubles and DiamondD first one of you needs to change your avatar. LOL.

Big Troubles
04-27-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Lou
I am first and foremost a fan of Van HALEN 1974-1985, something that no longer exists. I'm a fan of that combination of four musicians in that time period first before anything else.

In the present, there's no doubt I'm a fan first of the 2004 Dave before I am of the 2004 Eddie, Alex, and Mike, and even if they were to get back together, from this point on I'll favor Dave over the other three.

Amen brother. Amen!

Big Troubles
04-27-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by thefive
Big Troubles and DiamondD first one of you needs to change your avatar. LOL.

Well since I was here first.... :lol:

Unless you're counting imaginary friends and time travel. If that's the case then Diamond D (that's original huh?) will be keeping his. :D

cwsmith17
04-27-2004, 09:04 PM
Ok heres one. If practice makes perfect, yet nobody IS perfect, then why practice? :D

There thats a better question.

The reason why nobody is perfect is because they don't practice enough. That is why I practice everyday. Therefore, I will eventually achieve perfection.

Big Troubles
04-27-2004, 09:13 PM
LOL good come back.

Big Troubles
04-27-2004, 09:14 PM
wait a minute! are you one of those guys that has ananswer for everything? Hmm?

DavidLeeNatra
04-28-2004, 06:40 AM
The reason why nobody is perfect is because they don't practice enough. That is why I practice everyday. Therefore, I will eventually achieve perfection.

in what? masturbation?

cwsmith17
05-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
in what? masturbation?

I can do it with either hand.

hot for david
05-05-2004, 10:15 PM

sometimes i think the same , i hate when good bands do things like these, so i'm a dave fan , he's so good, no matter what he does .

hot for david
05-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Lou

that's the attitude man!!!!!!!!!!!

DavidLeeNatra
05-06-2004, 04:43 AM
I can do it with either hand.

we all knew that...

Jano
05-06-2004, 07:26 AM
I really dont believe Im lying to myself or anyone else about that. I feel that. I live that.
I agree with you 100% !

Flapjack
05-06-2004, 08:05 AM
personally, i'm strictly a die hard Roth fan!

if Dave aint in it, I don't care. :hitch: