Do people like Dave or Do they like the whole Van Halen crew?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cwsmith17
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Do people like Dave or Do they like the whole Van Halen crew?

I am just wondering how many out there are strictly Roth fans. Or for that fact how many are Roth fans and or are fans of Eddy, Alex, Mike etc. Just something I have been wondering about.
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

First and for most Im a fan of Dave. Good, bad and ugly, Dave is King 'round these parts. Secondly, for me the rest of VH died in 84, when Dave left. Their true colours showed through. Cheap, pale imitations of what they used to be. I can't be a fan of that anymore.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• pete
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Re: Do people like Dave or Do they like the whole Van Halen crew?

Originally posted by cwsmith17
      I am just wondering how many out there are strictly Roth fans. Or for that fact how many are Roth fans and or are fans of Eddy, Alex, Mike etc. Just something I have been wondering about.
      DLRARMY

you make the call

Comment

• DLRismydad
        Groupie
        • Apr 2004

what a stupid post.

Comment

• cwsmith17
          Sniper
          • Apr 2004

Why the fuck is this a stupid post. You ask a better question. One with thought behind it!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

roth...always...saw him with unchained on tv and was blown away...the rest of the team was a back up band for me till my friend told me that the band was named after the guitar player and drummer... I gave them a chance back then in 1985 and listened to 5150 and watched the "live without a net"-vid...they fucked it up for me...so what's left?

R O T H ! ! !
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

Ok heres one. If practice makes perfect, yet nobody IS perfect, then why practice?

There thats a better question.
              "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Wayne L.

I'm a dedicated VH/DLR era fan which means it's the original Van Halen with Eddie, Dave, Mike & Alex who had a huge impact on my life during my youth with the combination of EVH & DLR who were the Lennon/McCartney, Jagger/Richards, Page/Plant & Tyler/Perry of their time!!! BTW, it's pathetic all this constant whining from VH fans about this reunion tour & the Hagar era in general since Van Halen is, has & will always be about Eddie Van Halen.

Comment

• pete
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Why the fuck is this a stupid post.
                  you know why.

Comment

• DLRismydad
                    Groupie
                    • Apr 2004

Why the fuck is this a stupid post. You ask a better question. One with thought behind it!
                    I guess it seems a little stupid to me that someone would ask members of the David Lee roth army if they are more a fan of Dave or just Van halen

Comment

• pete
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLRismydad
                      I guess it seems a little stupid to me that someone would ask members of the David Lee roth army if they are more a fan of Dave or just Van halen
                      You're parents should be proud.

I myself am glowing.

Comment

• DLRismydad
                        Groupie
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by pete
                        You're parents should be proud.

I myself am glowing.

thanks,and yes my parents are very proud

Comment

• thefive

I understand his question. He wants to know if and how much we like Ed, Alex and Michael.

Well for me and I can only talk for me. When Van Halen first album came out almost everyone was like "Who is that guitarist??????" And I was thinking "who is this singer with all this personality (yells , screams, talking in the songs). I thought the singer had a unique voice too. So with me from DAY 1 I was a Dave fan.

I like the other 3 just somewhat. But every time I saw Dave on TV or live he just stole the show. Eddie was fun to watch play guitar but Roth just had that charisma. The Dave interviews were just awesome.

After 85 I just heard their mouths and just got turned off. Just all the bashing of Dave. Shows you what type of character they have.

So in conclusion I was a Dave fan from DAY 1. The other 3 well I just thought of them as Dave's fellow band mates.
                          Last edited by thefive; 04-25-2004, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
                            BTW, it's pathetic all this constant whining from VH fans about this reunion tour & the Hagar era in general since Van Halen is, has & will always be about Eddie Van Halen.
                            ? are you ill? The only one that believes that statement is Eddie Van Halen. You call it whining? I call it bullshit and a scam. They are promoting this reunion like it was Dave rejoining, without...Tah Dah, Dave rejoining. Every opportunity they've had to promote this tour, they've played a Dave era song to follow. Thats my city. Not yours. Maybe its different in queer land? I dunno, I don't tend to visit places that have foot fetishes as their motto. Don't think Ive forgotten about you, you sick silly freak.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
                              BTW, it's pathetic all this constant whining from VH fans about this reunion tour & the Hagar era in general since Van Halen is, has & will always be about Eddie Van Halen.
                              so your favorite song is "how many say I", I guess?
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...