PDA

View Full Version : Screwed again Monk and Dent

4moreyears
02-03-2007, 09:37 PM
What the fuck is up wiith the people who select HOF inductees. Monk has 3 super bowl rings just like Irvin but he got them with 3 different QB's Theisman, Williams and Rypian. His stats are comparable. also Richard
Dent one of the All Time sack leader and MVP of Super Bowl XX also did not make it. What a crime the same year Sammy Hagar gets into the RRHOF.

jojo2371
02-03-2007, 09:55 PM
damn shame ,for those of us who live in and around DC,we remember just how much of a work horse art was for the team and most around here feel that it was art's lack of flash and criminal intent that is keeping him out of the hall of fame ! he has no arrests for drugs ,spouse abuse,dui's and sadly he has never worn a full length fur coat to a court appearence in the SUMMERTIME !

Va Beach VH Fan
02-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Don't know why you're surprised, with the NFL looking the other way on just about every other player that gets busted nowadays, sure, why not put a crackhead criminal in the HOF !!!

POJO_Risin
02-04-2007, 10:05 PM
The bottom line here is that Monk deserved to get in...

He was the patron saint of consistent excellence...had 3 rings...

and went through a bunch of different eras...

but the BIG thing to me...was how many times he had great seasons WITH OTHER PRO-BOWL receivers...

Check it out...

He had great seasons when he shouldn't have...

ridiculous...

knuckleboner
02-04-2007, 11:27 PM
as a skins fan (and a guy who paid an entrance fee to a car show so i could get monk's autograph...) i'm a little biased.

but, it's worth it to note that monk not only held the career record for most receptions at one time; he also held the single-season record. true, he didn't put up jerry rice touchdowns, but as POJO said, he played with a lot of pretty good players. and a high quality running game.

where would steve largent have been if the seahawks had any other options?
(apologies to FORD & lounge...)

jojo2371
02-05-2007, 11:35 AM
someone produced a video called monk4thehall ,i believe you can still find it on youtube , it pretty much shows what POJO just said !

PumpedUpMidget
02-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Michael Irvin--catches a TD pass every 5 games, has an endless rap sheet, and gets voted in only because he played with Emmitt Smith..
Art Monk has more talent in his little toe than Irvin has in his whole body

redblkwht
02-09-2007, 11:48 PM
I do think Dent deserves to be in the HOF,
but theres many in front of him that should be there too,
its just a matter of time.

TAKIN WHISKEY
02-11-2007, 11:46 AM
The hall of fame is based on what you've done on the field. Quit raggin on Irvin. He deserves to be there. With that said, so does Monk. Easily!!

VHdamaco
02-13-2007, 02:28 PM
my main gripe with the pro football hall of fame is this...

look at the steelers dynasty of the 70s, 4 super bowl wins and practically all their starters on defnese and offense are in canton (deservedly so)...

a little over a decade later, the skins won 3 out of four super bowls and were one of the most dominant teams of the 80s and they only have one HOFer in John Riggins (who in my opinion shouldn't be in, while i'm grateful for what he did with the skins, he had that little 4 year window where he was damn good but didn't maintain it over his whole career to be canton worthy) how is it that this team gets jobbed and the deserving players that should be enshrined arent?...

It soon should be 2 and then 3 skins, because darrell green, who set the standard for DBs, is a first ballot HOFer and then monk after that because there's no way in hell the media will ever take 2 skins in the same HOF class...

also, most of the hogs should be enshrined right now, that line set the standard for what O lines should be...

even though i bitch and i gripe, i found it funny when talking with brian mitchell one day (he is a regular at the restautant i work at and he does his friday morning radio show from our restaurant during the season) about how art monk felt about not being in the HOF. Brain held up three fingers and repeated what monk said "i have three rings and know i was a damn good receiver, what do i need a bronze statue for?" thought that was a good answer...