red nose day song 07 ''aerosmith walk this way'' by girls aloud and the suga babes...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • col5150
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2004

red nose day song 07 ''aerosmith walk this way'' by girls aloud and the suga babes...

Though id give this a listen to see just how bad it would be.....and its worse. At least its for charity though

linky:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I heard a DJ on BBC radio say it was a Run DMC cover...

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Oct 2004

I read that as well. RUN DMC my ass. Why don't the press get ANYTHING right. A radio DJ should know these things.

Some guy was doing a request show on Virgin that was on in our common room. Someone requested Arethat Franklin's version of "R-E-S-P-E-C-T", and the guy said "Good, I like a bit of Motown in the morning". HE, a DJ, should know that Aretha Franklin was NEVER on Motown, and Otis Redding (who wrote the damn thing) was never on Motown either.

I feel sick.
      Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Awful.

Just an abortion in the eyes of the Lord.

The video sucks too.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Coyote
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

#1: You're not supposed to sing the verses, you're supposed to scat them

#2: The song is funky enough without the added "chicken-scratch" guitar.

#3: As hot as those gals are, I wish they'd concentrate on sucking their bosses' cochs, instead of raping and molesting rock classics...
          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

I heard a DJ on BBC radio say it was a Run DMC cover...
            Seriously?

Fuck, how can they not know it's an Aerosmith song....

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by binnie
              Awful.

Just an abortion in the eyes of the Lord.

The video sucks too.
              That won't be the video, just some pics put up by the poster.

The video will be full of comedians as usual.

The problem with Girls Aloud is that somewhere in Bradford there is a supermarket which is 5 checkout girls short...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Fuck I've just realised we're going to have two weeks of Lenny Henry on the TV...

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

That won't be the video, just some pics put up by the poster.

The video will be full of comedians as usual.

The problem with Girls Aloud is that somewhere in Bradford there is a supermarket which is 5 checkout girls short...
                  Nah, I've seen the video.

They rip off the Aerosmith/Run DMC in two rooms playing the song and then coming together at the end. It is camper than Xmas.....

And yes, there are comedians too.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Fuck I've just realised we're going to have two weeks of Lenny Henry on the TV...
                    Yep, the least funny stand-up I've ever seen, how he's had 20+ years is beyond me.

Also, Dawn French reporting from Africa that there's no food, gotta love irony....

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Bizarrely, unfunny Lenny is actually a heavy rock fan.

Years ago he even turned up at the Venue in Glasgow one weekend..

Comment

• Binky
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2007

Nothing new, a lot of kids like to butcher classics because they've nothing else left. I remember when Atomic Kitten released Eternal Flame (one to kill yourself to) and some girl in HMV was like, 'oh I hate it when they release other versions of pop songs. But Atomic Kitten is the original so I'm not bothered'. Yes she was eight. I'm surprised her parents didn't put her in the iron maiden for that. But it'll pass soon enough. Comic Relief was much more amusing when I was younger because comedy was better, like Two Ronnies, Not the Nine o' Clock News etc. Now it's pointless. But what's fucking pissed me off is the fucking excuse for a red nose! I mean I bought one because I have the furry one and tomato so I'm like, sure whatever I don't like charities because they're corrupt but meh. So I open the box and the dude at Jacksons was not kidding when he said it was a bit of foam. I'm like, what the fuck??? And, wow, it fucking grows if you roll it in your hands LIKE COMPRESSED FOAM DOES!!! So I'm like, not breathing with this fucking thing on wondering whether the politically correct retards had their way and was worried plastic hurt people's noses! Well it never fucking hurt mine in the past! In fact I've sneezed more times with this on than I have with a cold! They've lost imagination! And to add insult to injury they added some ghay stickers and a piece of white chocolate that, OMFG, if you put to the light you can see the picture of the character on (my case, Shaun the Sheep)! Like you couldn't look on the FUCKING CHOCOLATE ANYWAY!!! God do they think we're retarded? And the pictures were Wallace and Grommit which I didn't mind but that terrible remake Dr. Who? Overdone and fucking ruined the series! Luckily the fluff of a nose was only £1 or I would have asked for me money back! At least one year it was squeaky with fake tattoos and a money box! Why couldn't they do something else, like a light up one or a musical one or one that fucking plays the English national anthem everytime we walk past a red phonebox??? I have a good mind to stick these things up Lenny fucking Henry's fucking arse!!!

So anyway..............

Comic Relief has raised billions over years and nothing that noticeable has been done in Africa. Yes, there have been some improvements, but small and it's all gradual. Something isn't right here, man. People are still starving and more starving each year. Not right, man, not right.

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Binky, that was quite a rant!

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Binky
                            Nothing new, a lot of kids like to butcher classics because they've nothing else left. I remember when Atomic Kitten released Eternal Flame (one to kill yourself to) and some girl in HMV was like, 'oh I hate it when they release other versions of pop songs. But Atomic Kitten is the original so I'm not bothered'. Yes she was eight. I'm surprised her parents didn't put her in the iron maiden for that. But it'll pass soon enough. Comic Relief was much more amusing when I was younger because comedy was better, like Two Ronnies, Not the Nine o' Clock News etc. Now it's pointless. But what's fucking pissed me off is the fucking excuse for a red nose! I mean I bought one because I have the furry one and tomato so I'm like, sure whatever I don't like charities because they're corrupt but meh. So I open the box and the dude at Jacksons was not kidding when he said it was a bit of foam. I'm like, what the fuck??? And, wow, it fucking grows if you roll it in your hands LIKE COMPRESSED FOAM DOES!!! So I'm like, not breathing with this fucking thing on wondering whether the politically correct retards had their way and was worried plastic hurt people's noses! Well it never fucking hurt mine in the past! In fact I've sneezed more times with this on than I have with a cold! They've lost imagination! And to add insult to injury they added some ghay stickers and a piece of white chocolate that, OMFG, if you put to the light you can see the picture of the character on (my case, Shaun the Sheep)! Like you couldn't look on the FUCKING CHOCOLATE ANYWAY!!! God do they think we're retarded? And the pictures were Wallace and Grommit which I didn't mind but that terrible remake Dr. Who? Overdone and fucking ruined the series! Luckily the fluff of a nose was only �1 or I would have asked for me money back! At least one year it was squeaky with fake tattoos and a money box! Why couldn't they do something else, like a light up one or a musical one or one that fucking plays the English national anthem everytime we walk past a red phonebox??? I have a good mind to stick these things up Lenny fucking Henry's fucking arse!!!

So anyway..............

Comic Relief has raised billions over years and nothing that noticeable has been done in Africa. Yes, there have been some improvements, but small and it's all gradual. Something isn't right here, man. People are still starving and more starving each year. Not right, man, not right.

There's spme good stuff now...The Mighty Boosh, for instance.

That's aboot it, actually. I thought the best comedy show last year was "Have I Got News For You", and that's nearly as old as I am.
                            Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

I think they should just ask everyone in the cuntry for £1 and then not put it on.

It's not as bad as Children in Need but it's getting close....

Comment

Working...