PDA

View Full Version : WHY NOT ? Everyone aboard !!! MA WVH EVH AVH AND DLR !

Calderone
02-05-2007, 10:46 AM
MA on bass
WVH on rythm guitar
DLR VOCALS
AVH on drums
EVH on lead guitar

and everybody happy !
why they didn't do this ???

binnie
02-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Ha Ha!!

Sounds great.

Can't imagine CVH with rhythm guitar though...

jgdrag
02-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Edward has been wanting to get bass player out since 1980. Besides, the money isn't so nice when you have to split it 5 ways!

Calderone
02-05-2007, 01:57 PM
really ?
since 1980 ?
why ? i didnt know bout that !
tell us more !
thanx

ELVIS
02-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Tell us more about your drunken fantasies...:rolleyes:

Calderone
02-05-2007, 07:35 PM
OMG i watched an advance pic
and Dave's got a wig again
he is lookin really like the 1991 Dave
kinda combover style! all dressed in black
and eddie is smiling
looks like the WACF shot

DeadMan1984
02-05-2007, 07:50 PM
No pic, no proof, buddy.

Calderone
02-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Dave is toned down a lot
he got a serious character like 1994 YFLM era attitude

bueno bob
02-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Post the pic.

Atomic Dyver
02-05-2007, 10:38 PM
I agree....lets see it

jgdrag
02-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Calderone
really ?
since 1980 ?
why ? i didnt know bout that !
tell us more !
thanx

Billy Sheehan's group, I think it was Talas, opened for Van Halen and Edward and Dave were so impressed with Billy Sheehan that they thought of replacing bass player with Billy Sheehan.
There is a clip on the EEAS MTV footage where they interview all the members and Billy says something in reference to this matter. I haven't watched it in a while so I can't tell you the exact wording.

ELVIS
02-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Calderone

he got a serious character like 1994 YFLM era attitude

Like what ??

You say he's wearing a wig and he has serious character ??

You're obviously on drugs...

I don't believe you anyway...

Mezro
02-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
You say he's wearing a wig and he has serious character ??

You have to be a pretty serious character to wear a wig (in my best Groucho Marx voice).

Mezro...WVH on rhythm guitar?...more like WVH on Celebrity Fit Club...pass the ground turkey Uncle Al...

jgdrag
02-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by jgdrag
Billy Sheehan's group, I think it was Talas, opened for Van Halen and Edward and Dave were so impressed with Billy Sheehan that they thought of replacing bass player with Billy Sheehan.
There is a clip on the EEAS MTV footage where they interview all the members and Billy says something in reference to this matter. I haven't watched it in a while so I can't tell you the exact wording.

However I did find this from Billy's biography

The Van Halen connection grew stronger when the band took Talas out on the road for a smattering of arena gigs in 1980 (despite the fact that Talas wasn't even on a major label at the time). According to Sheehan years later, Eddie Van Halen supposedly made overtures to Sheehan to replace Michael Anthony in Van Halen, but Sheehan remained in Talas.

ELVIS
02-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Michael Anthony is a better fit for Van Halen than Billy Sheehen...

jgdrag
02-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Was he, what could Billy and Eddie pull off together feeding off of each other? Musically speaking, could they not come up with some wicked shit? I watched them at the ALS benefit and they looked like they were impressed with each other's playing

bueno bob
02-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Was he, what could Billy and Eddie pull off together feeding off of each other? Musically speaking, could they not come up with some wicked shit? I watched them at the ALS benefit and they looked like they were impressed with each other's playing

The egos of Edward Van Halen and Billy Sheehan couldn't exist in the same room...

And you thought Dave and Eddie had ego issues?

jgdrag
02-06-2007, 12:02 AM
You think Billy is also a ego maniac? How did he and Roth pull it off?

bueno bob
02-06-2007, 12:11 AM
You think Billy is also a ego maniac? How did he and Roth pull it off?

I'd imagine a Dave/Billy combination is a lot less flamable than a Ed/Billy/Dave combination...seriously, think about that much ego in one room and consider how well you think it'd work.

Having been in a lot of REALLY talented bands, I can tell you for a fact that just because everybody kicks ass at their instrument, it's NOT a recipe for success - often times it's a perscription for total failure.

mickeba
02-06-2007, 12:16 AM
WVH in VH is pathetic! I never thought I'd see Dave in a band with children!

mickeba

Diamondjimi
02-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Michael Anthony is a better fit for Van Halen than Billy Sheehen...

Agreed. Even though Mike's playing is tame compared to Billy's , he is the right guy for the job. Sheehan's bass tone is as annoying as nails on a fucking chalkboard. Billy always struck me as a frustrated guitarist in bassist shoes........

mickeba
02-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Mike is as big a part of VH as DLR, EVH, or AVH, even Sammy. Replacing Mike is a mistake. Maybe WVH in the band is an FU to Mike and a joke, someone else playing, maybe. But it's not VH without Mike. Mike should be there. Sadly, he won't.

mickeba

ELVIS
02-06-2007, 01:15 AM
And Michael Anthony has always been a damn good, underrated bass player...

For instance, songs like:

I'm The One

Ice Cream Man

Light Up The Sky

Beautiful Girls

Romeo Delight

In A Simple Rhyme

Hang 'Em High

Dirty Movies

Push Comes To Shove

Drop Dead Legs

So This Is Love

ALL have killer bass lines and groove from here to 5150!

Not to mention his killer contributions on vocals...

Even some of our more knowledgable, respected, Roth Army faithful have ragged on Michael Anthony's bass playing (conmee even made a comment about holding low E or some bullshit) and I just feel it's totally unwarranted...

A Van Halen "reunion" without Michael is a big mistake...

:elvis:

Panamark
02-06-2007, 01:23 AM
I think a lot of the Roth faithful feel Anthony gave his ass to
Sammy one too many times Mr Elvis !

I want the original 4 too...

However, I reserve my judgement until
we hear EVH jnr on 4 strings.

What if he is awesome Elvis ?? I bet you were awesome when
you were 16, I know Ed was...

ELVIS
02-06-2007, 01:37 AM
Mark my friend...

Those are huge shoes for anyone to fill...

I'm sure Wolfgang can play bass, I've heard him on guitar, he's not bad at all...

He didn't give shit to Sammy, he wanted to play music while the sisters did nothing, so he did...

Mike is the only member of Van Halen to openly state that he wanted to do it for the fans, and he prooved it in 2004 when he joined the tour, while getting totally screwed by Edward...

jgdrag
02-06-2007, 10:00 PM

Mike is the only member of Van Halen to openly state that he wanted to do it for the fans, and he prooved it in 2004 when he joined the tour, while getting totally screwed by Edward...

What else did he have going on? Selling crap?

5150Clown
02-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Eddie always does something to fuck things up.