PDA

View Full Version : Best of 78-84 release date OFFICIAL!

Stryker75
02-05-2007, 03:13 PM
BLABBERMOUTH.NET can reveal that Rhino Records has pushed back the projected release date of VAN HALEN's "Best Of (1978-1984)", the first single-disc compilation exclusively spotlighting 1978-1984, the group's original David Lee Roth era, to March 27 from the previously announced March 13. The album, which coincides with VAN HALEN's March 2007 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, contains over an hour of remastered classics from the albums "Van Halen", "Van Halen II", "Women And Children First", "Fair Warning", "Diver Down", and "1984". Highlights include "Runnin' With The Devil", "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love", and "And The Cradle Rock". Also featured are "Everybody Wants Some", "So This Is Love" and "Oh, Pretty Woman". The CD booklet will contain rarely seen photos and liner notes.

"Best Of (1978-1984)" tentative track listing:

01. Runnin' With The Devil
02. Eruption
03. You Really Got Me
04. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
05. Jamie's Cryin'
06. Dance The Night Away
07. Somebody Get Me A Doctor
08. Beatuiful Girls
09. And The Cradle Will Rock
10. Everybody Wants Some
11. Mean Street
12. Unchained
13. So This Is Love?
14. Where Have All The Good Times Gone
15. Oh, Pretty Woman
16. Dancing In The Street
17. Jump
18. Panama
19. Hot For Teacher

VAN HALEN released a statement last Friday (Feb. 2) saying David Lee Roth will come back to the band for a summer tour of North America. The 40-date trek will mark the first time since 1984 that Roth will perform with Eddie Van Halen and Alex Van Halen along with new bassist, Wolfgang Van Halen (Eddie's 15-year-old son). Eddie said in a statement, "I am very excited to get back to the core of what made VAN HALEN."

indeedido
02-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Wow, wish I had those songs.

wizzkidder
02-05-2007, 03:29 PM
It's a nice compilation but I'd like to see a DLR-era boxed set with the early demos and live shit in the package. The stuff has been bootleged enough. It's time to put out the real deal.

knuckleboner
02-05-2007, 03:39 PM
who knew that eddie's songwriting ability lay entirely within his tongue?

larry
02-05-2007, 03:48 PM
yawn!!! is this the "best of" volume what? sounds like another money grab! give us something new! give us something different instead of these remastered, rereleased, recalutated way to take our hard earned money. wow! a few rare pictures and some liner notes! big woop! I cant wait to see the tour with my 7 year old son, however this is one cd i aint buying.

Vinnie Velvet
02-05-2007, 03:51 PM
No one is forcing anyone to buy it.

I'd be interested to see what the packaging would be like, nothing more.

NATEDOG001976
02-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Man, while it sounds cool. I have all these songs 10 times over. Throw in some new songs, and I'm all over it.

PlexiBrown
02-05-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm looking forward to the tour but I won't be buying the compilation CD. They used to bang out a great CD every year for the first six years but now they can't get it done even with all of the material Eddie says he has accumulated over the years at 5150.

General Hina
02-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by larry
yawn!!! is this the "best of" volume what? sounds like another money grab! give us something new! give us something different instead of these remastered, rereleased, recalutated way to take our hard earned money. wow! a few rare pictures and some liner notes! big woop! I cant wait to see the tour with my 7 year old son, however this is one cd i aint buying.

You're taking a 7 year-old to a concert. Are you out of your mind?

Over & Out,
General Hina

FORD
02-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by General Hina
You're taking a 7 year-old to a concert. Are you out of your mind?

Over & Out,
General Hina

Could be a great opportunity for the kid. If there's another tour after this one, Eddie will probably need a new drummer.

Bob_R
02-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
I'd be interested to see what the packaging would be like, nothing more.

Why?

Are there going to be pictures of Valerie naked?

Wacke
02-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Tunes they forgot: On Fire, Women In Love, Girl Gone Bad, House Of Pain... Those are great tunes that I would add to a compilation of the Dave years... :)

Roth & Roll
02-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Who gives a fuck...This is about as newsworthy as the fart I unleashed reading this stupid thread.

ppg960
02-10-2007, 02:02 PM
I dought I would buy it. I've already got all these songs five times over.
Hence the need for a new album??

perticelli
02-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I wont be buying a VH releasze for the first time in my life. Until something new and unheard is released, no more money from me on releases. I already own all of it several times over and in every conceivable format already.

Fuck rhino records, but who can blame them, its a business and timing IS everything.

Little Texan
02-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Where's Light Up The Sky, Atomic Punk, Little Guitars, Dirty Movies, and Hear About It Later? Try putting something out with these hidden gems on it plus some unreleased and live tracks besides rehashing the same ole shit!

Rikk
02-10-2007, 03:31 PM
I have a boner.:rolleyes:

Antman
02-10-2007, 03:39 PM
EVH claims to hate Diver Down and all the covers, yet 3 covers are featured. Again. No Little Guitars? Thanks, guys, but I'll pass.

zozo5150
02-10-2007, 08:45 PM
I'm toatally buying it those "rare" pics are a huge lure...

Matt White
02-11-2007, 11:16 AM
HA!!!

There is always AMAZON....or EBAY....

4moreyears
02-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by perticelli
I wont be buying a VH releasze for the first time in my life. Until something new and unheard is released, no more money from me on releases. I already own all of it several times over and in every conceivable format already.

Fuck rhino records, but who can blame them, its a business and timing IS everything.

Does that mean you bought VHIII??? I guess after getting ripped off on that I would not buy another release either.

hotdog@ a shake
02-11-2007, 04:19 PM
I'll buy it ...

Last_Child
02-11-2007, 04:54 PM
I'll just look at the cover & think "I already have these songs".. and then put it away.

1978 Fan
02-11-2007, 08:35 PM
No Official Track listing posted yet on Rhino..... but Amazon.com and CD Universe are listing March 27th as the release date for this "Greatest Radio/MTV Hits" collection. I WILL NOT BUY IT - EVER !!!

This Rhino release SHOULD have been a 2-CD SET "Best of Both Worlds: 1978-1984". How Fuckin' Hard would that BE ? ? ? ?

1st CD: Give the casual fans and those that need it, another re-hash of VH's already over-played radio hits and MTV video hits on this CD.

THEN, cover the Best of the Rest, with what truly separates CVH form other bands, their no-nonsense Hard Rock tunes on the second CD.

Here is a list of songs that SHOULD be in ANY CVH "BEST OF" release:

----------------------------------------------------
LISTEN TO THIS EDDIE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
----------------------------------------------------

----- THE BEST OF THE REST 1978-1984 -----

Eruption
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
I'm The One
Jamie's Cryin'
Atomic Punk
Feel Your Love Tonight
Little Dreamer
Bottoms Up!
Light Up The Sky
Spanish Fly
D.O.A.
Beautiful Girls
Everybody Wants Some!!
Romeo Delight
Take Your Whiskey Home
Mean Street
Sinner's Swing!
Hear About It Later
Hang 'Em High
Cathedral
Little Guitars (Intro)
Little Guitars
The Full Bug
Happy Trails
Top Jimmy
Girl Gone Bad
House Of Pain

Polk High
02-11-2007, 08:53 PM
I didn't buy the second greatest hits and I probably won't buy this unless there is something on it I don't already have.
How could this band now have 3 greatest hits on 4 total discs? Put out a new album or at least an album of live material or demos, or a best of videos w/ roth's videos